• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Europe, are you going to start playing NTSC/competing with the us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i'm interested.

quit playing a version of a game that more than 2/3ds of the population of melee smashers don't play.

just saying :)

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
with armada's performance, you guys have got to be pretty good right?

so start playing the game that everyone for the most part plays so you can show that europe is actually in fact really good at smash as a whole.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yayuhz PAL is the better version, w/ Sheik/Marth being even better than they already are!
<33 Europe

vZakat

Half Genie
I don't think they need to play ntsc all the time. I'm sure armada hadn't play it for that long before he played at genesis and he did great. I would love to see more Europeans come to play in the states though. I'd also like to see some of are peeps go over there as well. No need to always force them to travel.

I'd love to play PAL version of Melee. All mah Sheik-dthrow fears would be far away from me.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
Marth and Shiek are worse in PAL.

So is Fox and Falco(well, falco is a matter of opinion).

Peach is the only character that didnt get buffed/gimped(that matters). She should(logically) do better in PAL(though she's in the same spot on Europe's tier list)(that's like 2 years old).

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
yayuhz PAL is the better version, w/ Sheik/Marth being even better than they already are!
<33 Europe
Meteor Dair and no D-throw combos from Sheik makes them superior than their NTSC counterparts? Being lighter (because he falls from the Shine) also makes Marth's crouch cancel slightly less gay, and kills him faster too.

From what I hear, the PAL list we've had on the boards has been untouched for a long time and it's not to be taken as super serious business.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
fox's shine knocks Marth over in PAL.
i forgot about the meteor dair... hmm...
sheik's dthrow is still beast in PAL, even if she can't chaingrab (only lame players cg anyway <_<)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
She can't d-throw to automatic moves and regrab to more automatic moves mid combo. That's pretty downgraded for what we have over here. Over there, DI away actually seems to get you away sometimes. Over here, you will always be followed after Sheik grabs you, and comboed, unless they screw up immensely.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
Yeah, Sheik's whole game basically becomes 4 to 7 grabs a stock instead of 1 or 2.

Fox has to wait til 95-110 to kill heavys, 80-90 for lighter characters(can still shine gimp at 0%).

Marth can't kill as early as in NTSC and can't gimp with Dair anymore after 24 Fairs.

Falco is still the same basically and Peach is even better with a lighter fox and marth.

Fletch

Smash Master
i dont mean to sound like a complete and total utter noob, but is there really a difference lol?
Here you go.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=57155

I really wish we could play PAL over here, seems like it's more balanced. Oh well I play Fox so I should appreciate the brokenness in NTSC.

EDIT: Almost forgot, Ganon is my secondary and I would have to deal with his gimped fair, which would be horrible.

Eyce Theon

Smash Cadet
Can you do his jump noise?
I might blow a lung if I tried something so advanced right now. I need 2-3 more years of practice. :(

Though really, I enjoy playing Yoshi because of how fundamentally different he is when compared to the rest of the cast. And of course, barely anyone knows the matchup, so I have that going for me.

EDIT: To make this post relevant, The chainthrow I mentioned + the multitude of advantages Shiek has over Yoshi in NTSC is one of the main reasons he's considered one of the lowest characters. It's almost as bad as a Marth/Mewtwo matchup imo. In PAL, Yoshi does 1-2% less damage per hit on his Dair (which adds up) but in exchange his weight was upped to 3rd heaviest in the game (as opposed to 5th heaviest in NTSC). As long as a Yoshi player can keep their 2nd jump and DI hits, they can practically live like a Samus, and I'd love to try that on PAL some day.

Fletch

Smash Master
Though really, I enjoy playing Yoshi because of how fundamentally different he is when compared to the rest of the cast. And of course, barely anyone knows the matchup, so I have that going for me.
He is a total ***** to play as, if it wasn't so difficult to play as him (getting used to DJ and his goofy shield which you can't jump out of) I think people would consider him a little better than he currently is. Well that and the Sheik chainthrow.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
**** pal. I don't need Ganon getting nerfed. I also don't have a problem with falco/marth's dairs being true spikes, or even sheiks dthrow.

Luma

Smash Lord
if you guys cant handle "patches" why dont you play NTSC 1.0 instead?

just gtfo e-sports with such an attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom