• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Europe Freeloader with Japanese Brawl

ProsmasherTim

Smash Journeyman
I got a big problem, I got a PAL Wii, a PAL freeloader and the Japanese Brawl. Doesnt sound like a Problem i know but the Problem is, I updated my Wii to 3.2E so the freeloader doesnt play Brawl anymore, I dont have any modchip I just got the freeloader with the JP Brawl... Does anyone know how to help me, maybe to downgrade the wii to 3.1E or something, would be very kind of you

milind4

Smash Apprentice
i don't think there's a way to help you, since you basically 'bricked' your freeloader by updating it..

i think that the publisher (datel? codejunkie?) even said that what happened to you was a possibility and that they don't have a way to help you. sorry

and there's no way to downgrade your wii. even formatting it will keep it with the firmware before formatting.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
I'm absolutely sure Brawl works on 3.2E.

Maybe since you updated it, you have to insert the FreeLoader twice again.

mister_subarashi

Smash Cadet
yeah, TRY PUTTING THE WII FREELOADER DISC TWICE...
its not a big problem, but the freeloader for Wii does work :chuckle:
As soon as you try this out ProsmasherTim, make sure you report back to us. I am very anxious to know if it worked or not.

If it doesn't then Freeloader users are in a very big mess, because if the Brawl update worked while on 3.1E and stopped working after updating to 3.2E that means that everyone that has their Brawl working on 3.2E will probably go through the same problem when 3.3E is out...

kereo

Smash Cadet
I am at 3.2E and had no problems with Brawl. Please give more information. Did you run the update on the brawl disc? Did you play Brawl before you updated to 3.2E? etc.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
One question, prosmashertim: Did you update your Wii via your japanese Brawl? I also have the japanese Version but don't have the guts and want to risk to kill my wii. Is it save?

ProsmasherTim

Smash Journeyman
Guys the US Brawl works with 3.2E the Japanese one doesn't. Note I got a PAL Wii... I inserted the Freeloader twice I tried to insert it 3 times 4 times and so on, but it still doesn't work... I nver played brawl before that why I begin to freak out in my fu..ing room... I know the US version works but the Japanese one doesnt, so does anyone know the solution for my problem?

kooky

Smash Cadet
you said that you never played brawl before, so i assume you didn't play it with 3.1. Maybe it's just your lens that is dirty?

kooky

Smash Cadet
mmmh i saw a video in youtube of some guy playing japanese brawl with freeloader (but i don't know if it was ntsc wii or pal wii). Could it be that maybe you're copy of brawl is damaged?

kooky

Smash Cadet
well i know that put you call the original discs you can buy copies too^^ So, it could still be broken, couldn't it? You gotta test it with another copy of japanese brawl.

Top Bottom