• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

European release date!!!

Otani

Smash Rookie
Aaww, there's actually people who feel sorry for us. *-*

Well, 3 months later isnt all that bad, could of been worse. I do wonder why we always get the
games last (there isnt THAT much to translate anyway) but I guess it cant be helped.

Amea

Smash Cadet
Aaww, there's actually people who feel sorry for us. *-*

Well, 3 months later isnt all that bad, could of been worse. I do wonder why we always get the
games last (there isnt THAT much to translate anyway) but I guess it cant be helped.
It's beacause the PAL release has to be translated not only for english but spanish, french and german i believe, maybe italian too.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I hope this is real, because it isn't nearly as bad as I expected. I think it was 5-6 months for Melee, so 3 months isn't that bad. And if it's true what Quendanation says, then I can live with it.
Europeans, we waited now for so long, I guess we can wait a little longer. It's not like you didn't expect it ;P Play other games, or maybe get on with your life, games aren't the only thing in your life. At least, I hope so........

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Please... not in June...

I'm not bothered about the fact that I have to wait another what, 4 months, I just don't want it during my exams. I've got enough distractions as it is.

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Please... not in June...

I'm not bothered about the fact that I have to wait another what, 4 months, I just don't want it during my exams. I've got enough distractions as it is.
Dude, ive got the exact same problem. As 3 months is as bad as it is, I have my Gcse exams in my final months of school, the most important exams in my life, and I have alot of pressure piled on me to do revision, coursework, and everything else. What an awful time to be 16. D:

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
(So people will notice...)
IMPORTANT

This is only speculation.

Click here

EDIT: I put the text in RED so people would notice it...

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Gcse's are nothing at all.

If your going to college (which i assume you are as you actually want the qualifications) then just study english, maths and then 4 other subjects, take the ones you suck at and ignore them completely.

for college you need 4 gcse's along with maths and english. If your doing double science thats 2 gcses as well. Lower your load, don't study subjects you suck at.

Now back on the subject of europe. Does anyone here have detailed knoledge of the wiikey 1.9? It works Nstc -u to Pal right?

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
First off, the only reason Galaxy was released practically worldwide was to cash in on christmas.

Secondly, i said to myself recently

April = Fine
May = Pushing it
June = No way in hell

So I shall defenitely be modding my wii. Getting brawl 3 months earlier will be worth the extra expense.
you know that you can't play online, right?

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
You can't even play online when you have an imported Wii. That sucks...
I think it's because that they haven't set up the UK and the USA version online capability yet, so your pretty much screwed. Just save your money, you'll just waste it buying another Wii (Japanese) and a version of Brawl.

Thino

Smash Master
Mario Kart racing to Europe a day after Japan

Mario Kart Wii has received a very timely release date for a first-party Wii game in Europe.

February 20, 2008 - Nintendo of Europe has announced that Mario Kart Wii will make its way to retail across Europe on April 11, just one day after its Japanese release.

Laurent Fischer, the Managing Director of Marketing & PR at Nintendo of Europe said, “Mario Kart Wii is an eagerly anticipated launch for Europe and we are confident that all those who have enjoyed playing previous Mario Kart games, in particular the Nintendo DS version will be pleased and looking forward to its arrival. Mario Kart Wii encompasses the core spirit of Mario Kart: an incredibly rich and deep gameplay experience that provides never ending fun. And with the Wii Wheel, every member of the whole family will feel comfortable to join in and experience kart racing regardless of whether they are a karting champion or a complete new beginner.”

He added, “With the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service also allowing friends and family to compete around the globe, we are confident that Mario Kart fans won’t be left disappointed with this installment exclusively on Wii.”

Following hands-on impressions from around various media outlets around the world, loads of new details on Mario Kart Wii have been revealed and you can see them here and here if you haven't already.

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=22026

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Just ONE DAY?????????????????????????? **** NOE!!! They need ONE DAY for this but A CRAPTON of MONTHS FOR BRAWL??????

Rash

Smash Ace
First of all, I still have a feeling that they will delay Mario Kart Wii.

However, that game's going to be pretty big as well. Not as big as Smash, but definitely up there, especially considering the online features. There's no confirmation of the June 6th release for Europe yet, but if I were you guys I'd just take what I've got and run with it. Mario Kart's at least decent enough to give you some multiplayer satisfaction during the wait for Brawl, provided that it's actually released in April.

leeray666

Smash Cadet
I have my Gcse exams in my final months of school, the most important exams in my life.
No, they really aren't. Unless you aren't planning on going any further. GCSEs are worth sh*t nowadays.

Good luck with them though by the way.:)

Mazor

Smash Cadet
you know that you can't play online, right?
What? Why wouldn't he be able to play online with a modchipped wii? I have a modchipped wii and imported brawl which works flawlessly online EXCEPT for random matches which don't work outside of Japan regardless of what kind of wii you have or ifyou have modchip or not. Also I have several people on my friendslist who says they pirated the game and I recieve no problems playing against them either

Does anyone here have detailed knoledge of the wiikey 1.9? It works Nstc -u to Pal right?
Actually it doesn't work that way. Compatability is gamewise meaning most NTSC-U and NTSC-J games will work(they say around 75% of NTSC-U and NTSC-J works) but others won't.

Just save your money, you'll just waste it buying another Wii (Japanese) and a version of Brawl.
Personally I see no reason for buying a Japanese wii when you can just get a modchip and import the game. If you don't mind doing illegal things you could also just download brawl after getting your wii modchipped. Of course getting a modchipped wii and importing would still be quite expensive, espescially if your wii isn't compatible with wiikey (newer wiis aren't) like mine wasn't.

Still I decided to buy a d2ckey(this was 2 months ago, so there was no Argon/D2pro) with installation which costed me 700kr (around 100USD) then I imported brawl which costed me another 80USD once everything was payed. Now this did cost me a total of 180USD which is quite a lot of money but compared to waiting another 5 months for the game to come out I think it was worth it. I do understand if you're not interested in spending 180USD though and I really find it lame that europe(and Australia) gets shafted 9 times out of 10 with release dates.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I´m not sure if this is right (I sure hope it is) but for a some time there has been a list of future releases in the homepage of finnish game magazine called "Pelit" and it says there that SSBB´s release date would be March 31th. But as I said I´m not sure if that´s right or not, so let´s not get our hopes up :(

leeray666

Smash Cadet
Excuse me for sounding dumb. But if there was a release date on the Dojo where would it be found? In the Notices section?

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
June 6th, eh? My birthdays on June 23rd, but I dont think I'll be able to wait that much longer...

It'll have to be an early birthday present from me to me :chuckle:

Im stil annoyed at the obscene gap, though.

But what makes it worse is that people are saying stuff like "yeah but itsnot just english its translated to, its 5 other languages or something". The stupid thing about that is, they just translate to each language SIMULTANIOUSLY. It would need 5X the amount of people, but it would take 5X LESS time. And if you think about it, that MUST be what they are already doing! Do you think that they would be able to find enough people who can each speak about 7 languages to suit their needs? No. They have different people for different languages! LANGUAGE IS NOT THE REASON FOR THE GAP. End of.

The reason is simply production issues. We all know that they struggle with production and that shortages reguarly occur (which occassionaly is on purpose, however, but thats a different discussion altogether), so they obviously want to make sure that they can suit demand with Brawl, due to bad press about shortages, which they do not want Brawl to be linked with. Becasue Europe and Australia are the lowest priority, we get it last, as they are trying to the game to everyone else first without any hiccups. The long delay is just because of dreadfully slow production rates, THATS ALL.

Anyways, im not THAT annoyed, just considerably agrovated. I just want to play the d*** thing as soon as possible, and if June is ASAP, then so be it. its a horrible wait to endure, but its not like im dependant on it.

The only REALLY bad thing is that my GCSE's are in June, and when I get the game, thats all I'll want to do or think about... many complications and problems will result from that scenario :urg:

I dont want to get below a B (even a B is dissapointing) on anything, but I also want to practise Brawl at home and in my head as much as possible, seeing as the americans have the experience on their side for wi-fi. Plus ive been waiting since the first trailer came out at E3, in a time, long, long ago...

Overall: I guess June 6th will do. A bit too late but, meh, what can we do about it? Answer: nothing.

leeray666

Smash Cadet
Well June 6th isn't the official date. It's been denied by Nintendo. We could get it later god forbid. However, we could just get it earlier, and you might just fail your exams yet.

listentomook

Smash Apprentice
i sense 3 more sakurai enforced delays...

"Im proud to announce the release date for Europe is June 6th"
"Im sorry to inform you but the date has been pushed back to September 24th"
"Im sorry to inform you, Europe will not receive brawl"

DinnerSonic

Smash Cadet
For Europe, they have to translate into five languages, convert to the different TV format(they're not just going to rip off all the old TV using people because your new TV supports US formats or whatever, I assume), do five different languages worth of voice acting for the Pokemon and such, test all five languages so we don't get another Mario Party spastic event, then delay it a month after it's actually fully done so there's enough copies for everyone to get it. They also have to make sure the 20 some years worth of game character names and game names apply to the region.

Right?

Mario Kart just requires some menus/descriptions for menus and missions, PAL adjusting, and online compatability. Wii Fit requires the same, but rather then online, it would require a lot of voice acting... but it would also probably be easier to test then Brawl, doesn't have 20 some years of game history to adjust, and serves as something to make up for other things(like Brawl) I would guess.

Top Bottom