• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event 51 better be Mario VS Sonic

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
are you kidding? I agree it should be an event but not the last one? I say either a fight against Ancient Minister, or who knows, Sakurai himself lol...

Sir James

The Doctor
...or something equally as epic. Giga Tingle would also be acceptable.
LOL @ Giga Tingle....please don't even joke around like that :urg:. As for Mario vs Sonic, I have a feeling it will be an event (should events return) but it won't be the last one. The last fight is more like a "boss fight" of some sorts. Maybe a new character will appear?

UncleGrandfather

Smash Cadet
As cool as a Sonic Vs. Mario event would be, there is no way that it will be the last one, or as close to as epic as the first Giga Bowser. Maybe a Mario Vs. permanent Super Sonic or something that way. And then something completely rediculous for the last event. Not quite Giga Tingle....

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I think it'll be somewhere in the middle, knowing that Sonic's an unlockable character.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
That would be a larger event, definitely above Mario vs Sonic. Like Brawl Legends II, and Mario vs Sonic would be Brawl Legends I.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I could see this as an event mid way through, like the YL vs Link event in the Melee.

Steel Braxus

Smash Cadet
If they put Geno in the game they could do something like "Mario RPG Returns" and use Mario, Geno, Peach and Bowser.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the TC. Event 51 is Mario vs. Sonic, and if you beat it you unlock Sonic...and event matches #52 to #61.

Smash Ace
heh, forget it being event 51, that'd be #1.
#51 should be All-star match 5 (of 9 or 10)
Event #102 should be the final battle between (insert character) and Sakurai.
=2007=

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I personally think the event matches (if there even are event matches) will be more complex than "kill this character in this time!"

The developers are way more creative than that.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Last Event: Sorta like the All star Match only you have 5 lives and instead of characters you fight all the bosses in the game 1 at a time\

Also I can totally see a Final Smash match, pick any character, and Final Smash balls fly around frequently

SWORDMASTER X7

Smash Cadet
I would like exactly 100 event matches this time. It doesn't feel right when you have 101 or 102.

And I don't think Mario vs Sonic isn't epic enough for #100. It should be an event, just not #100. Although I don't have a good enough idea for a final event match.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Last Event: Sorta like the All star Match only you have 5 lives and instead of characters you fight all the bosses in the game 1 at a time\

Also I can totally see a Final Smash match, pick any character, and Final Smash balls fly around frequently
For the Boss Rush, you have to remember that this is a Nintendo game, not Capcom, although it still sounds likely.

Anyways, I wouldn't worry about Event Matches being back or not. I mean, if Home Run Contest returned with all these new things, I shudder to think at what kinds of Event Matches they come up with.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Maybe this time around Events will be like side scrolling Bonus Levels with special objectives, some with Bosses(whether actual bosses or juct a VS match with another character)

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
it would be and event, maybe if there in there could even be difficullty lvls, definately 51 or 100 matches tho

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I think the last 5 event matches hould all be epic, staying on the border of intense. In that case the matches should fall like this

1)Enemy challenge-Your on the the final destination and have to face very SSE enemy in the game

2)Mario vs Sonic final showdown

3)Boss run-Where you have to face all bosses with a single life

4)PC run-face every PC with 3 lives

5)Master and crazy hand battle with giga bowser

iMichael

Smash Lord
Wow number 5 would be a pain...and what if that was the way to unlock Sonic or something (not that I care about him) but some peeps would be mad....just saying

Ellio 2 b

Smash Apprentice
For the Boss Rush, you have to remember that this is a Nintendo game, not Capcom, although it still sounds likely.

Anyways, I wouldn't worry about Event Matches being back or not. I mean, if Home Run Contest returned with all these new things, I shudder to think at what kinds of Event Matches they come up with.
Yeah, I agree. The event matches will most likely come back. And a boss rush sounds fun! And Kirby: Squeak Squad! had a boss rush mode. Thats Nintendo. Anywho Sonic Vs. Mari owould be a great Event match. #1 i would like to think. :dizzy:

Top Bottom