• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone asks me why I dislike Wobbles..

BasedHexagon

Smash Rookie
Well, that was an awful joke on Wobbles part. Nice to see you guys cleared things up though.

JKJ

Smash Ace
Well, that was pretty deadpan Wobbles, you're right. I just think it was a little over the top. But I get that this wasn't serious, because it didn't seem serious until you told him to get rid of the mic.

I'm glad we're all friends again. This community rocks

Papa+Stone

Banned via Administration
Sometimes I feel like everyone that plays smash is insecure/likes to get upset over stuff just to find something to complain about and you see people hold grudges against others around here and theyll get mad at them just for hearing one bad thing about them. Almost as bad as reddit.

Renth

Smash Hero
Wow, I guess I'm the only one who found it obvious he was just trolling lol.

That was the first time I ever met wobbles his sense of humor is foreign to me along with how he is in general.

Sometimes I feel like everyone that plays smash is insecure/likes to get upset over stuff just to find something to complain about and you see people hold grudges against others around here and theyll get mad at them just for hearing one bad thing about them. Almost as bad as reddit.

If you met someone for the first time ever and they spout out of some ridiculous non sense then you respond with "You're breaking my heart" They then say "I'm just telling you how I feel" Then tell you to remove your microphone. Tell me how you would feel with the situation, on the video I was very polite during and after I doubt you would have been as chill as I was. Get real bro, this was not an over reaction. My immature public post about it was an over reaction being upset over the situation was not.

In hind sight up until this had occur'd

I enjoyed the time I played with Wobbles on stream.. I legitimately had a very good time up until that point I definitely could have handled this a lot better than figuratively throwing him under a bus in front of all of his friends and the community. At the time I felt he had done that to me and I guess an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. I'll use this as a learning experience.

Papa+Stone

No one is as chill as I am. And although it is disrespectful when people have the tenacity to direspect me and the things I have done for the doc metagame, and then call me a nobody, I always remember that MMs exist.
If you think Im joking then you can say whatever you want to me and I wont get offended. Im cool as Ice, nothing can break me

Renth

Smash Hero
No one is as chill as I am. And although it is disrespectful when people have the tenacity to direspect me and the things I have done for the doc metagame, and then call me a nobody, I always remember that MMs exist.
If you think Im joking then you can say whatever you want to me and I wont get offended. Im cool as Ice, nothing can break me

Thank you for explaining to me how chill you are. You are the man, sorry I doubted your level of coolness.

Renth

Smash Hero
Nobodys ever been so nice to me before I dont know what to say

You are right though, whenever he said all of that stuff I should stood up and said MM me on stream right now *****.

However him being better than me in a competitive sense would have likely ended in me being insulted then paying him for it but at least i'd have my pride. LOL I do badly with confrontational situations even in the video game world.

My over all performance at that event was also poor, I get impatient and am too emotional whenever I feel i'm not playing well. I've been trying to get over my competitive mental blocks and well like you said insecurities.

Bones0

Smash Legend
That was the first time I ever met wobbles his sense of humor is foreign to me along with how he is in general.

If you met someone for the first time ever and they spout out of some ridiculous non sense then you respond with "You're breaking my heart" They then say "I'm just telling you how I feel" Then tell you to remove your microphone. Tell me how you would feel with the situation, on the video I was very polite during and after I doubt you would have been as chill as I was. Get real bro, this was not an over reaction. My immature public post about it was an over reaction being upset over the situation was not.

In hind sight up until this had occur'd

I enjoyed the time I played with Wobbles on stream.. I legitimately had a very good time up until that point I definitely could have handled this a lot better than figuratively throwing him under a bus in front of all of his friends and the community. At the time I felt he had done that to me and I guess an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. I'll use this as a learning experience.
Bro, you calling him out honestly wasn't uncalled for at all. I'm about as familiar with deadpan/dry/sarcastic/troll humor as you can get, and Wobbles definitely went way overboard. It's like, okay, he insulted you and you are sure he's joking so you laugh along as a good sport. Then he repeats the insult so while you still are pretty sure he's joking, it's awkward. Then he tells you to take your headset off and immediately looks away ignoring you. At this point it isn't humor, it's just being a ****. There's no way to be a good sport about what he did. You can't just sit there and laugh along because up to that point he had still not shown any indication that he was joking, and you'd honestly just look like a ***** to continue sitting there taking those "jokes".

Wobbles seems like a generally good dude so I believe him when he says his humor is just that dry, but at the end of the day you can't just hurl insults with absolutely no humor mixed in, especially with someone you aren't familiar with. Also, papa+stone is a troll with a sense of humor almost as bad as Wobbles' was in that clip. Just ignore him.

Papa+Stone

You are right though, whenever he said all of that stuff I should stood up and said MM me on stream right now *****.

However him being better than me in a competitive sense would have likely ended in me being insulted then paying him for it but at least i'd have my pride. LOL I do badly with confrontational situations even in the video game world.
Getting mad is fine, some people dont understand that when you dobt know someone there is a very high chance if you say something tounge in cheek it could be taken the wrong way. Wobbles was just doing a joke, i knew he was joking but i agree it was in bad taste, only because you guys didnt have that familarity with each other to take lighthearted jokes as jokes. Some people dont understand you need to take it slow with people you dont know, and in wobbles case, hes probably felt pretty comfortable with the other smashers that he felt like he could joke with you the way he could with axe or w/e.

I went to my first smashfest this weekend with a friend, and the guys were pretty friendly and welcomed us real quickly. There was also a newish marth player there who looked like he recently got into smash. Me, my friend, the marth kid and the host of the smashfest were all playing doubles, and the marth player would sometimes fsmash and nip his teammate, causing him to say things like omg scrub thats so dumb why would you fsmash there. I knew that he was just joking and considering how quickly he became confortable with my posse that he didnt mean to hurt anybodys feelings, but i felt sorry for the kid and i knew the marth player was hurting a little too but didnt want to say anything, so I offered to play with him for a bit. Point is people can say things which would be taken well by someone they know but can also offend someone if the recipient doesnt know them well. So it was fine if you got mad and everything, imo.

However, making topics like this are very bad, its better you just talk to wobbles instead or get chillier because these things only cause drama and get people shunned and booed(unknown and leffen). Its okay to be mad but this particular community, like reddit, makes its mind way too quickly and if wobbles didnt come in and help calm it down, or if nobody stood up for him, everyone would think hed be an ass and he would cry and cut himself and leave forever which would melt the icy cool walls of my heart. Drama is just not meant for the public, either MM or talk to him or call blackup and mug him whichever is fine.

Edit: if you needed help just tell one person close to you and talk to him together

Renth

Smash Hero
Edit: if you needed help just tell one person close to you and talk to him together

I didn't really want to talk to him, I figured he wouldn't care what I had to say anyway to be honest.

When it had happened, people were talking about wobbles on stream and I was obviously negative towards him and when I tried to explain myself to why I had a bad taste in my mouth I was accused of lying, trolling and that wobbles is some kind of angel who could never say anything negative about anyone lol. Safe to say I was irritated and all of this transpired. Admittedly it was an immature response but wobbles was very mature about everything and now we can leave the past in the past.

Papa+Stone

Well you never know, if you just went and talked to him and it actually turned out that he was an ass and he told you to go away, then you couldve been able to make this thread and the guys here would help you kick him out for a bit or help control his behavior if they thought it was intolerable. In this case though, turns out wobbles is as nice as people say he is, so just approaching him wouldve been a good option. It wouldve saved a lot of trouble. plus you both couldve learned from the experience either way if you guys just had a simple talk

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Seconded, clearly obvious he was trolling/joking... I guess us AZ peeps are different... Sorry you thought otherwise Renth! we love you! :)

It's obvious to YOU guys but you guys already know what there is to know about him however if he uses that same level of sillyness to someone else.. it won't be that obvious because we don't know him as much as you guys do, it could be awkward. You have to know your limits in a more general sense for a case like this.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^Again, I actually don't know Wobbles, as much as you guys think I do, or give me credit for just because I live in AZ.... There are likely those of you, that don't live in AZ, that know him more than I do...

AGAIN, i'm the ISOLATED player in AZ.. I live 3-4 hours away from AZ's elite.. Axe, Taj, Wobbles, etc... I don't play with any of the mentioned players...(though everyone thinks I get like the best practice ever) when it's really the EXACT opposite) I go to maybe one tourney every 3-4 months.. lol actually..due to job limitations...

That was my initial thought just by listening to what he said... The only thing that would make more sense to me is that, perhaps there's a similar mindset between us, that I'd be able to tell/sense the joke.... If another player used that same "tone" with me and worded things the way he did, I likely would have taken it as a joke, granted, I can understand, why it may have seemed like he was serious otherwise, due to other things, but still.. it looked pretty clear to me that twas a joke.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Wow this ended up being really gay, what the **** Wobbles why not take this for a ride for a little while? "Smasher drama" is the best **** on smashboards

Acryte

Smash Ace
I didn't think it was possible... but that joke may have quite possibly dethroned when Prog was beating that dead horse during the USA vs The World @ Apex...... (still love you prog)

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Gotta be honest, I read this thread before watching the clip and expected to come out on Renth's side... maybe I just relate to Wobbles' humor, but to me it couldn't be more obvious that he was playing around - especially considering what was going on before the rant (come on, not but ten minutes prior you guys were palling around and laughing together, people don't go from that to completely trashing you with nothing in between). The delivery wasn't even close to realistic; that isn't how people talk when they are legitimately trying to put someone down. Your response even suggested that you were going along with the joke, which I guess I (and apparently Wobbles) totally misread. "You're breaking my heart"? Is that what you tell someone you believe is personally attacking you? Nah, I would have thought you understood the joke and you were just playing into it. Even Wobbles couldn't keep a straight face the whole time. I mean, the things said were ridiculous and people don't talk like that, especially when they actually dislike someone and are trying to put them down. Then things were just cool after it all and he was totally happy to be talking with you. The whole thing was, from a social standpoint, so ridiculous and surreal there is no way it could be even close to authentic. Social interactions don't go down like that, people with any sentiment of social skills don't behave like that in seriousness. People don't go from enjoying another's company to hating them personally then back to enjoying their company again all in a matter of 30 minutes. I highly, highly, highly, highly doubt that anyone took that situation seriously, barring a few people you may have convinced.

Oh, and the whole ignoring you thing? Come on, the dude I assume has just met you, he's trying to put on this asshole facade as part of a playful teasing game, and you're being really uncomfortable about it. He probably just realized the joke wasn't going well, but was committed to the act (man, no one wants to have to explain a joke) and felt uncomfortable, so just broke the tension for a moment because an awkward social situation was created. A little uncool, maybe, but totally reasonable.

Sure, the humor was dark - rude, even - and that can be uncool, for sure. For that reason, you are not wrong for being offended. However, taking that personally and seriously, let alone trying to even suggest that any of that was real, is pretty ridiculous.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Gotta be honest, I read this thread before watching the clip and expected to come out on Renth's side... maybe I just relate to Wobbles' humor, but to me it couldn't be more obvious that he was playing around - especially considering what was going on before the rant (come on, not but ten minutes prior you guys were palling around and laughing together, people don't go from that to completely trashing you with nothing in between). The delivery wasn't even close to realistic; that isn't how people talk when they are legitimately trying to put someone down. Your response even suggested that you were going along with the joke, which I guess I (and apparently Wobbles) totally misread. "You're breaking my heart"? Is that what you tell someone you believe is personally attacking you? Nah, I would have thought you understood the joke and you were just playing into it. Even Wobbles couldn't keep a straight face the whole time. I mean, the things said were ridiculous and people don't talk like that, especially when they actually dislike someone and are trying to put them down. Then things were just cool after it all and he was totally happy to be talking with you. The whole thing was, from a social standpoint, so ridiculous and surreal there is no way it could be even close to authentic. Social interactions don't go down like that, people with any sentiment of social skills don't behave like that in seriousness. People don't go from enjoying another's company to hating them personally then back to enjoying their company again all in a matter of 30 minutes. I highly, highly, highly, highly doubt that anyone took that situation seriously, barring a few people you may have convinced.

Sure, the humor was dark - rude, even - and that can be uncool, for sure. For that reason, you are not wrong for being offended. However, taking that personally and seriously, let alone trying to even suggest that any of that was real, is pretty ridiculous.
Renth don't seem like the sharpest tool in the tool shed to me. ;)

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Wobbles one time told us that we sucked nuts and if he ever came over he'd run over us all. When I called him out on his behaviour he'd started blabbing of how he used to suffer from depression or something. What a character lmaooooooooooo.

Last edited:

Varist

Smash Lord
Wobbles one time told me he would come to my house and destroy my anus, then beat me at melee

i tried posting it on smashboards but the mods deleted my post for lying and trying to cause witch hunts

then he came and was rude to my mother and told me he was going to have sex with her and i tried to say no but it was too late

all i could do was take pictures but his face didn't show up in them for some reason so i concluded he is a vampire

he dared me to post the pictures on smashboards but im never going to because i know you guys wont even beleive me
edit: and dont even say go to the cops because i told them and they just asked me who is wobbles whats a melee and i scoffed and walked away cursing the ignorance of the fgc. cops are such pigs

Son of Slobodan

Smash Cadet
Just have to point out that Wobbles didn't really apologize. He's "sorry" that you were upset by his actions but isn't actually sorry for what he did. There's a difference between "I'm sorry you didn't understand what I was going for and it upset you" and "I'm sorry I was being a ****." The funny thing is it's not even the words he says its the way he acts. I think Bones' post sums it up perfectly.

Varist

Smash Lord
That's totally how you're supposed to feel though. Don't be sorry, like you were in the wrong. No one should make you regret things you've said. You can feel bad that the other person took them more seriously than you think they should have. You can empathize with their feeling badness, but that's all you should really acknowledge. When I say things that end up offending people and I didn't mean to offend them, I don't say I'm sorry, because I'm not, if I could go back in time I would just say the same words again because I can say what I want to say. Instead I say I feel bad that you were offended. Those are two subtle but important distinctions in masculine behavior and feminine behavior.

Son of Slobodan

Smash Cadet
lol but then you're not actually apologizing dude you're basically saying its the other person's fault they were upset... Plus IMO he was definitely in the wrong, I think 99% of people would've been offended in that situation and there's no way wobbles would've said those things to a respected high-level player in the community like mango/m2k/pp or whatever.

Like wobbles apparently, I am a super offensive person in real life because it's very difficult to offend me. But i would NEVER act like that around a person I don't know well. That's called being disrespectful and needs to be honed up to rather than dismissed.

Every time you offend somebody for the sake of humor (especially someone you don't know), you're taking a risk and need to acknowledge that. If you joke about **** and the other person turns out to be **** victim, you're an asshole and need to hone up to it. Just because you didn't know the person would be seriously offended by something like that doesn't mean it wasn't your fault. That's the difference between child behavior and adult behavior.

Top Bottom