• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 Melee Info Dump! - FINAL DAY: TOP 8 STARTING AT NOON: http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

TreK

Is "that guy"
Prog, if the reason they wanted James with you is that they had to have a commentator from a previous EVO event, you better not stop Smash.
...So we can have the D1+Prog team at EVO 2014. :D

Beat!

Smash Master
Can someone explain the way the tournament is running to me? Not sure I quite get it lol

It's basically one big double elimination bracket which is split into pools. If you lose once, you're not getting back into winners' bracket until Grand Finals. If you lose twice, you're out.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Are Evo streams archived and made available for later viewing? I'm probably going to miss a good chunk of tomorrow.

Jayk

Smash Apprentice
I missed the salty suite cuz it came on at like 2am central time. Were there any good matches??

Leffen beat Shroomed in a Bo3 to take $40 off Mango, Hbox beat SFAT in the same to take another $40...
PPU/M2K/Leffen/Hbox had a lot of interesting friendlies...
Jman had some interesting commentary...

Raistlin

Smash Lord
So the archived stream someone posted switches between melee and other games, but I know melee was streaming all day on some channel. Does anyone have the archive of that one?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
TODAY IS GOING TO BE SLAUGHTER!

So just a couple notes, I put Fiction/Fuzzy in the upsets since I thought that was lol, but apparently Fiction is actually really beast. Still a small upset imo, but yeah.

Also @Massive, that was one of the few brackets that never updated on SRK, so I just assumed, but thanks and good **** dude!

So some matches today that are expected to happen:
Mango vs Axe in Winners' Eighths, BUT Axe has a superb Sheik, Reno, AND Bladewise to get through, so it's going to be tough for him
IB will likely get through L, and I think him vs Shroomed will be a good show. The winner will almost certainly have to face Wobbles to make it to SFs!
The thing is though, losing on either side of that bracket will lead to likely facing either Darkrain or Jman! Or worse!

The second quarter, omg. Armada faces Fly Amanita in Winners' 16ths lol, and Fly will basically block a ton of places from advancing. Then we have the rematch from Apex 2013 in Winners' EIGHTHS! PP and Armada are clashing there and will basically stop anyone in that half from making it to top 16, including Westballz who lost a set to Vish last night, and Pikachad who immediately had to face Ice this tournament!
In the other half of that same area is Lovage and Hax! Lovage was the guy who sent Hax to Losers' in the second round of Genesis, setting him loose to destroy that bracket up to 7th! Today is the rematch! And they will face the winner of S2J and Tomber, the guy who took out both Scar and DEHF!
The Losers' is also filled with a lot of great players including Hugs, Westballz, Pikachad, Cyrain, Eddy Mexico, and Tafokints! And with all the clashing of the great players in Winners', there will inevitably be a ton of top level players eliminated early!

Due to an upset last night, HBox will be facing OkamiBW instead of Darkrain, then Darrell, and then the winner of SFAT and Taj! Should be very interesting, but HBox seems pretty safe, compared to what else this tournament has thrown at top players!
On the other half of that section is a surprising Jace vs Hyprid where the winner will be facing Leffen! The winner there will face the greatest Marth below which will be Dart vs PewPewU, and the winner facing Bob$. I would predict Leffen vs PewPewU, but we saw how much PPU struggled with Tai just a little while ago, and he has two Marths to go through today!
In Losers' Yakal faces Crush for vengeance against Noobking and has a relatively easy road until the loser of SFAT and Taj! In fact, the whole Losers' bracket is by far the most merciful section, with only a handful of top players including Lucky and Vist, Fuzzyness, and Eggz taking each other out early!

In the fourth quarter, Mew2King will be facing Zoso and Japan's Yoshi monster, Amsa! Following that will be the surviving player from Cali; Zhu, Silentspectre or MOTHER ****ING KEN! It definitely looks doable for Mew2King, and should have a smooth road to SFs!
The half below is just a destructing mess with Silent Wolf and Shiz facing off immediately with the winner against Germany's Ice! The survivor of that will likely be facing Lucien for the opportunity to face Mew2King immediately in SFs!
And in the Losers' bracket is not a single bad player, including Android facing Kels, following the lose of SW and DSW, and then against Milkman! Below that is Stricnyn3 facing a tough puff, Mr.F and then against Bimbo Mexico, and likely Amsa! Further below is Meta vs Boback with the winner facing Zoso, and then facing the other Japanese player, Kou! Finally is Aza vs the loser of Ken and Zhu, with the winner of that against DEHF!

It'll be one hell of a day, so be sure to be watching SRKEVO3 and VGBootCamp streams for everything, help us run the supply on exclamation marks low, and see who survives into top 16 and finally top 8!

t3h Icy

Smash Master
DON'T FORGET! ALL SETS TODAY ARE BEST 2 OF 3! YES ARMADA VS PP! YES ARMADA VS MANGO

NO NOT ARMADA VS HBOX!

:awesome:

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Armada just 4-stock comebacked Mew2King in casuals lol.

Starting to think Tang is secretly European...

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
Leffen beat Shroomed in a Bo3 to take $40 off Mango,
I'm starting to feel a strong craving for some Leffen vids. Went through yesterdays's records on SRKEvo3 and VGBC's archives and couldn't find any.

Due to an upset last night, HBox will be facing OkamiBW instead of Darkrain, then Darrell, and then the winner of SFAT and Taj! Should be very interesting, but HBox seems pretty safe, compared to what else this tournament has thrown at top players!
Inb4 Mango remarks on this happening. Again. :awesome:

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Armada vs HBox will happen in WFs most likely, which is 3/5.
but is there actually any difference between Melee's rules regarding match length compared to anything other than marvel/street fighter, because the first three games had 2/3 winners/losers finals

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Also, this thread is bomb! This t3h Icy guy is doing a damn good job of keeping us up to date. Almost feels like im there.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man ****'s about to get real today
Armada vs. Dr. PP is probably gonna happen in Quarters, and if it does, it will be so hyped, that none of our bodies will be ready... not even Reggie's!!! :eek:
Armada just 4-stock comebacked Mew2King in casuals lol.

Starting to think Tang is secretly European...
LMAO, did M2K sandbag=???

Top Bottom