• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 Melee Info Dump! - FINAL DAY: TOP 8 STARTING AT NOON: http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

jin928

Smash Rookie
I came so close to bursting into tears when the entire EVO crowd started chanting one more year, we should all be really proud after what we have done and congrats to Mango and everyone else who attended

smashmachine

Smash Lord
melee has the hype and doesn't run late *looks at KOF*
oh well KOF will be more hype than injustice, HAHAHA

Construct

Smash Journeyman
So is there going to be anything else going on tonight? Salty Suite on CT or something?

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
I came so close to bursting into tears when the entire EVO crowd started chanting one more year, we should all be really proud after what we have done and congrats to Mango and everyone else who attended
Look at that post count

This guy waited FIVE YEARS to make this post. ****ing amazing

Wobbles you're a god please don't leave us

Great stuff Mango

GJ other-people

Shoutouts to Beat and Jpobs for holding it down in the chat with me and cheering me on when I dared try to speak to people in the sub chat

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
feel bad for hbox and dr pp. both played very well but everyone cna't win. sucks we lost the 3/5 tourney standard.

Mang0 da best!!!!!

I know AR gotta be salty, you could see it.

PP hold your head up high you sent AR to losers man!

Wobbles is still shocking to me. The thing was it was more than just wobbling. He used that fear tactic to get easy kills with poor di, and ridiculous setups for grabs. Also a lot of phantoms during the finals. If Hbox didn't phantom rest nana he probably would've been in GF

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
I feel like wobbles unveiled some secret tech specifically for this tournament

secret tech I don't understand because I don't play IC's at all

SolxBadguy

Smash Rookie
Man that smash was crazy hype I had no idea what was really happening but it was fast,hope you guys tune in to see the other hype games also

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Wobbles is retiring, it's in his blog.
Armada is salty, it's in his face.

Post more gifs and pics guys.

Bl00dyBizkitz

Smash Cadet
Wobbles is still shocking to me. The thing was it was more than just wobbling. He used that fear tactic to get easy kills with poor di, and ridiculous setups for grabs. Also a lot of phantoms during the finals. If Hbox didn't phantom rest nana he probably would've been in GF
It was WAY more than just wobbling. I hope everyone else realizes that.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I've never liked melee before this weekend. I've never played it before and never wanted to buy it. When I would have to watch melee on streams while waiting for brawl to come on, It was very annoying. I decided to watch this tournament because a lot of people were excited about it and I enjoyed every set I watched. I used to hate how every time someone was offstage in melee, they would likely lose their stock. But I realized it's a good thing because it helps prevent matches from being too long. I also liked how the players moved around the stage a lot spacing their moves perfectly, and every hit someone landed could sometimes take a whole stock. One hit can take a whole stock in brawl, but it rarely happens. The last time I remember this happening was when Mew2king made a huge comback vs Adhd from a grab on smashville.

In brawl, there are a lot of exciting moments, especially during Apex 2013 (Salem vs Otori and Mikeneko, Dehf vs Nairo, Will vs Dehf) . But in this melee tournament, some entire sets were exciting to watch (including sets with ice climbers), not just multiple small parts of a set like in brawl. I'm not saying I like Melee better, but I will definitely watch melee streams more often.

SolxBadguy

Smash Rookie
Same here I didn't really care much for melee but got abit interested since they are making a new smash an it was hype an fun to watch

SolxBadguy

Smash Rookie
Even if you guys don't care I would love for all of you guys to watch marvel its gonna be just as hype as Melee imo

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Even if you guys don't care I would love for all of you guys to watch marvel its gonna be just as hype as Melee imo
if Marvel doesn't pass Melee's stream views (honestly I doubt Marvel won't break 135k though), that'd be hilarious because street fighter is way too late

Super

Smash Apprentice
I gotto give Hbox some love because that was heartbreaking having it down to 2/3. Whether you like his playstyle or not (even I'm am partial to other playstyles) you gotto give props for him being such a cool guy.I love KoF, but it did take away from the schedule by running over. Also I don't think bo5 wouldn't of taken THAT long for WF and LF, I mean 4 more games AT MOST, it probably could of been done in under ~20. Instead we get to see pointless fillers, plus a lot of deadtime/nothing on?

Also James Chen did a pretty good job even if he doesn't know all the technical stuff, he was good at bridging the gap and kept things simple.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
I gotto give Hbox some love because that was heartbreaking having it down to 2/3. Whether you like his playstyle or not (even I'm am partial to other playstyles) you gotto give props for him being such a cool guy.

Also James Chen did a pretty good job even if he doesn't know all the technical stuff, he was good at bridging the gap and kept things simple.
yeah the 2/3 thing was screwy (even if I was ultimately right about it, what happened mr. wizard....)
still though, saltybox pics are too good to pass up

Revven

FrankerZ
All Smashers should tune into Marvel/AE, regardless of your knowledge of the games. The player MUs themselves and weight/history behind them going into these Top 8s is phenomenal. You would be doing yourself a disservice by not watching it.

Vijin

Smash Ace
Don't understand all of the hate James Chen was getting for being a commentator...
I see smashers always complaining that our game isn't taken seriously, and we actually get a good commentator who is well known in the FGC and gives melee some hype commentary, and people give him hate.

Awesome tournament overall, though. Was hoping Hbox would take it, and even though he didn't, I'm glad Armada couldn't just fly in and take 1st, or even 2nd.

Top Bottom