• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 Melee Info Dump! - FINAL DAY: TOP 8 STARTING AT NOON: http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Is Marvel worth getting into? I read the game has some serious problems that Capcom both can't and doesn't want to fix... though it looks fun. :/

Revven

FrankerZ
Is Marvel worth getting into? I read the game has some serious problems that Capcom both can't and doesn't want to fix... though it looks fun. :/

There's some infinites but people generally have come to accept those in Marvel (mostly because it's part of tradition by now for the franchise). Aside from that, it really boils down to balancing issues such as Zero and such.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The problems with Marvel's punish game are really part of why people like the game, so there's not really any reason to fix them. But I think Capcom has an interest in fixing neutral game problems like Zero.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Speaking of Marvel, they currently have around 20k less viewers than smash. Obviously, marvel fans are complaining
stream monsters gonna stream monster
then again they still have several matches to go, i think melee had less during winner's semis

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Marvel is fine to watch. Frustrating to play when you lose a character in 1 combo :\ (its not fun when you are new to the game)

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
Can't really compare stream numbers. They probably won't hit as many people as melee, mainly because Europe is asleep, and East Coast has to get up for work tomorrow morning, will probably hurt the viewers later in the stream.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Can't really compare stream numbers. They probably won't hit as many people as melee, mainly because Europe is asleep, and East Coast has to get up for work tomorrow morning, will probably hurt the viewers later in the stream.
that's street fighter that gets bodied by time zones, but yeah

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Is training stage mandatory? Doesn't say so in the ruleset, but it's what they're using.

But yeah, Capcom needs to get its legal s*** together if it's going to do Marvel 4. No more "licensing issues" that hold back the game.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The implication has been that they're open to having Melee in next year.

At the very least, they could try to put in smash four and actually listen to the Smash Community for input on the ruleset.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Shhhh, don't give context.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Our Lord, Christ Geezus, please bless us and bestow up on us a bounty of SOUL FIST. In your name we pray, Amen.

goodnight_goodfight

Smash Rookie
i think its fair to say armada should be considered the best from 2011 - apex 2013. and upon armada's retirement, armada being considered equal with mango as best players in smash given armada still has beaten him more times.

unfortunately armada did not win evo, if he had, he would be considered the undisputed best of all time no questions asked.

saltybox! good **** wobbles

has the fire been rekindled? perhaps.

noobird

Smash Journeyman
honestly mango WRECKED that loser's bracket but WOBBLEZ beating hbox was SO HYPE.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Tore up a little bit at the "One more year" chant at the end

Wish I was there to spam it on stream chat

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Anyone know what the prizes were for whoever placed/if there even was anything? Haven't seen any discussion about this so I'm curious.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Evo had a pretty sick opening for Melee.
That opening was so incredible; it should be like the alternate (or new) Melee opening.
I came so close to bursting into tears when the entire EVO crowd started chanting one more year, we should all be really proud after what we have done and congrats to Mango and everyone else who attended
It was the most beautiful moment in regards to a video game tournament I have ever seen, heard, or felt in my life. It was really moving.

If I was there at Evo guys... man tears might have been shed. That was a truly inspiring event, especially after all of the Melee competitive scene has been through!

Smash bros community we did it. We finally did it. We actually did it. Congratulations guys! Now let's get to training and DO MORE MELEE!!!

#MeleeNeverDies

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Does anybody have the EVO 2007 DVD? There's an interview on that DVD with Mango after getting 3rd place but it's not on YouTube.

Top Bottom