• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2k9

5ive

Smash Champion
You have to hand it to Justin; that surprise Balrog counter caught Daigo off guard. You even tell Daigo wasn't used to the American style atmosphere at all, and you could see Justin trying to capitalize on that by hyping up the crowd.

Over-all, well played by both of them. Seems as though Justin is going to spend a lot of hours perfecting the Balrog-Ryu match up.

They need to hype up Brawl more ;_;.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
You have to hand it to Justin; that surprise Balrog counter caught Daigo off guard. You even tell Daigo wasn't used to the American style atmosphere at all, and you could see Justin trying to capitalize on that by hyping up the crowd.

Over-all, well played by both of them. Seems as though Justin is going to spend a lot of hours perfecting the Balrog-Ryu match up.

They need to hype up Brawl more ;_;.
Yeah, it was interesting to see Daigo handle that lol. What was the pot for SF4 anyway?

It was funny to hear the commentators mention Brawl every once in a while during the other evo matches. Too bad Melee is so old, it would be way more hype than Brawl at an Evo event. Melee HD remix needs to come out for Evo to consider it :chuckle:

5ive

Smash Champion
Yeah. They seemed to bring up Brawl jokingly. I was expecting a Brawl bash by one of the commentators.

Congrats to M2K for winning too.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Yeah. They seemed to bring up Brawl jokingly. I was expecting a Brawl bash by one of the commentators.

Congrats to M2K for winning too.
Yeah me too, I was just waiting for them to start harping on it, but they never really said anything directly bad about it in the end.

edit: wow, I had no idea AllisBrawl held something for Evo. At least they handled it right this time. They still need to get Melee in there though...

Top Bottom