• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo Lineup Reveal Jan. 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmx

Smash Lord
In case people want an accurate timeframe to when to expect the lineup reveal, WakeupSRK typically airs a bit after 9:30 PM EST, so the reveal will likely happen between 9:30-10:30pm EST tonight.
As much as I would like Melee and Smash to be given another chance, I just don't see it happening.

Even if there was massive interest, they'd still need GC/Wiis and different recording setups like the other poster said. That's too much hassle and money for one game, a game that was always a side event at Evo anyway even when it was there. People shouldn't get their hopes up.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Plenty of good stuff today! Apex pools go up, EVO lineup announced and UltraChenTV goes back live! I hope work doesn't kick my *** today so I can get home and hear the lineup!

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Or you can like both. Like me.
It's pretty sad the Smash community can't even get along.

Granted it happens with other fighters as well, just not to this extent. People might prefer 3rd strike or MvC2 but they don't constantly bash the newer releases or insist they don't skill to play (which is an idiotic thing to say about any fighter) because of it.
This. Brawl isn't my cup of tea, but it requires a different skill set that a lot of melee players could benefit from if they attempted to nurture it.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
If it helps you guys feel better, it's not like the Smash community is the only one that doesn't get along. The FGC itself has always had a bunch of petty arguments and disagreements whether it be 3rd Strike vs Alpha 3 vs CVS2, 3rd Strike vs SFIV, MVC2 vs MVC3, KOF2002 vs KOF1998, KOF2002 vs CVS2, CVS2 vs KOFXIII, 3D vs 2D fighters, Capcom fighters vs Not-Capcom fighters, Capcom fighters vs Airdashers (more commonly/derogatorily known as 'anime fighters', the term is derogatory, it's the way it's used that is), Tekken vs Soul Calibur, MK vs Street Fighter, Guilty Gear vs Blazblue, Blazblue vs Persona 4 Arena, or whatever. The list goes on and on and on, and i've already listed way more than I was planning on. Unfortunately there's always been age old debates and arguments like this and while they not be beneficial or good for the FGC in general (of which I tend to include Smash in, myself) and lead to cliques, divided scenes, and smaller turnouts for things in some cases, it in many cases just seems to be how human nature is.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
lol what is this newyears? Srsly though...now?

Edit 1: He's already asking people not to condemn him because there were too many tournies last year and he couldn't accept everything...let's see.
edit 2: I have been banned from making comments in a spam filled chat.
edit 3: they might have thought I was a stream monster bashing melee...I asked when's melee? Kappa
Edit 4:Them saying SF4 is getting stale...

UlyssesTheTrojan

Smash Apprentice
yeah its looking bad...maybe only 4 games this year...
Edit: SF4 and UMVC3...shocking...
Edit 2: Melee definitely not making it...they mentioned the poll results like it was a sick joke

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
AE and UMVC3 are no surprise at all. MK just got announced and there's probably going to be one 3D fighter, Melee chances are looking pretty slim now.

zmx

Smash Lord
If it helps you guys feel better, it's not like the Smash community is the only one that doesn't get along. The FGC itself has always had a bunch of petty arguments and disagreements whether it be 3rd Strike vs Alpha 3 vs CVS2, 3rd Strike vs SFIV, MVC2 vs MVC3, KOF2002 vs KOF1998, KOF2002 vs CVS2, CVS2 vs KOFXIII, 3D vs 2D fighters, Capcom fighters vs Not-Capcom fighters, Capcom fighters vs Airdashers (more commonly/derogatorily known as 'anime fighters', the term is derogatory, it's the way it's used that is), Tekken vs Soul Calibur, MK vs Street Fighter, Guilty Gear vs Blazblue, Blazblue vs Persona 4 Arena, or whatever. The list goes on and on and on, and i've already listed way more than I was planning on. Unfortunately there's always been age old debates and arguments like this and while they not be beneficial or good for the FGC in general (of which I tend to include Smash in, myself) and lead to cliques, divided scenes, and smaller turnouts for things in some cases, it in many cases just seems to be how human nature is.
This is all very true. That`s why I think the term FGC is misleading because it implies they are all united which òbviously isn`t true.

And I think the Smash community needs to stop seeking validation from the FGC. Even if they allow it at one of their events, it won`t change much. Smash will always be largely a casual party brawler to the majority.

The FGC isn`t sunshine and rainbows, it has its own problems and I think it`s time Smashers respected themselves a bit more instead of thinking they need to be on some pedestal with the `FGC`. Especially since as you said, the FGC isn`t even united.

Instead of chasing after them, that`s why I think it`d be better if Smashers themselves got along better (Brawl, Melee) because they sure as heck aren`t getting validation from any other `community`.

jerflip

Smash Apprentice
So far:

1. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
2. Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012
3. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
4. Mortal Kombat 9
5. Street Fighter X Tekken v2013
6. King of Fighters 13

Cyan_

Smash Lord
So far:

1. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
2. Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012
3. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
4. Mortal Kombat 9
5. Street Fighter X Tekken v2013
6. King of Fighters 13
7. Persona 4 Arena

no melee wahh

Cyan_

Smash Lord
OH MY GOD SMASH COMMUNITY DONATE TO BREAST CANCER TO GET INTO EVO 2013

caps!

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
We need to pay money to vote which means we have to decide brawl or melee...this might turn out well cause there's old *** capcom games. Redact where you ATTTTTTTTT!!!!?

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Well, considering we got overwhelming the highest number of votes, we just need those people to donate!

-Ran

Smash Master
Must. Donate. Money. If only Smash had some rich player who was looking for a tax deduction. >>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom