• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO Pools Released

j00t

Smash Champion
Gonna break out G&W against that Yoshi...

if I ever make it to him lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
to whoever did the breakdown of my pool, d1 isn't making it to round 4. jace will beat him r3. jace is better than i am.

Mkan

Smash Rookie
NNID
AssertivePenguin
3DS FC
2535-3815-4887
Apparently, m2K and Armada haven't fought since Apex 2010 and M2k wants to fight him.

dmac

Smash Champion
also, smiles is in my pool. pretty well-known peach from crystal city (caveman, rob$, zulu). was really active around 2005-8+ however many years

Rush

Smash Apprentice
So pools aren't really pools then? It's like a giant bracket isn't it?

Wouldn't bracket luck be a massive factor? The point of pools is to get a decent rank of the players and make it uniform as possible.

Scythe

Smash Master
After each round of bracket pools, the people who make it out are moved around, i believe.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Is it stated anywhere how many players have registered? -- My bad, we do, it's 696.

Also, do we know the position of the players as they change from pools brackets to quarters? I see that the winner of a given pool has his placement pre-determined ("To Quarter-Finals Pool I63, Slot Q81"), but I'm still confused as to how they all meet.

If I get this right, a player can only lose once through the entire thing to be able to win? http://evo.shoryuken.com/evo-player-guide/evo-tournament-format/

Codi

Smash Ace
"-E62 is mostly easy except Smashmac vs Navn Round 1"

WHAT I'm going to destroy my pool lmao

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
There you go

jman and leffen in the same pool has definitely got to be addressed.

Same with sfat and silent wolf first match. (Silent Wolf is ranked #1 in washington and is a very high level player. definitely under-seeded.)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There you go

jman and leffen in the same pool has definitely got to be addressed.

Same with sfat and silent wolf first match. (Silent Wolf is ranked #1 in washington and is a very high level player. definitely under-seeded.)
outside of the qualifiers, evo has no skill-based seeding.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
The changes already look much better! I think there are still a couple small things (besides regional problems if any):
-Some Pools have 0 Byes, whereas others have 3; not sure why this is
-Pool A64 has two Byes against each other
-C63 has two seeded players against each other for Round 2
-D59 is the hardest Pool, but not as in death just more like tough ****
~D58 is the easiest Pool (unless any of them are hidden bosses) if needed to dump good players

Overall it looks way better now!

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
If Ken and Hugs meet gimr has to put it on. And remember if there's a stacked pool or a free pool to send feedback instead of freaking out.

Bacons

Smash Rookie
The changes already look much better! I think there are still a couple small things (besides regional problems if any):
-Some Pools have 0 Byes, whereas others have 3; not sure why this is
-Pool A64 has two Byes against each other
-C63 has two seeded players against each other for Round 2
-D59 is the hardest Pool, but not as in death just more like tough ****
~D58 is the easiest Pool (unless any of them are hidden bosses) if needed to dump good players

Overall it looks way better now!
*hidden boss* =D

Revven

FrankerZ
They are able to revise them and they did so this morning so send in feedback via the button on the bottom right! They are listening!

Yobolight

Smash Lord
What information do people have on all these Japanese and South American players?

Revven

FrankerZ
We only know of aMsa and Kou, nothing on the South American players.

Also, 3rd revision made. SW and SFAT no longer going at it R1 BUT they are still in the same pool.

michael_li

Smash Ace
So nice to see that someone thinks a washed-up low-tier player will make it that far. I don't know anyone in my pool, but I think I'll be lucky if I do anywhere near as well as I did in 2007.
lol....................................... i hope you reconsider ness man.

With so few seeding tournaments I guess I should have expected a few stacked pools. Armada and Shroomed's pool is definitely the most hilarious though. Congrats on the seeding points Zeldafreak, now you get to play easy unseeded players...wait...you have to play two of the top 10 in the world. In addition Juggleguy and Bimbo Mexico are there. Wow.

For the lazy,
Other 2 really interesting pools are:
Jman vs. Leffen
M2K vs Ken

blunted object is gonna beat shroomed again. like what he did at winners in pound

Tomber

Smash Journeyman
Seems like they have "fixed" C63, which is cool. Still going to be close, however, but I'll take it.

Top Bottom