• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo World RESULTS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Just like Mew2king is the best Marth?
Just like Masashi is the best Roy?

Stop starting ****, -nobody- thinks M2K is the best Marth except for maybe himself and his little fanclub.

People are entitled to their own opinions, relax your ego Ken.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer

Stop starting ****, -nobody- thinks M2K is the best Marth except for maybe himself and his little fanclub.

lol Neo's back? I know I know, i don't really care, I just thought it was stupid for people to bring up that kind of crap in the first place (aka Nealdt aka **** nose sanchez). Anyways Glad to see your name again, I'm representing Roy at SCC for you ;)

Edit: I'm still surprised! Havent seen Young Danny nor Neo in for so long.

Eratangos

Smash Cadet
I think blanket statements and extrapolations like these are unfair to japanese smashers. Those who thought that bombsoldier is the best falco were deluded. He disappeared from the scene for like 2 years. In the Kansai ranking of top 15 players in Japan, Aniki is ranked 1st, bombsoldier is ranked nothing. The Japanese don't think he is the best, not even the best Falco, so he shouldn't be the de facto representative of the top pros of Japan. Ken had to run for his money against Aniki's Link, and anyone can see Aniki's Samus is yet another level. I can not say Aniki's Samus is better than Hugs, but it isn't hard to see why people think so.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
you are right

I think blanket statements and extrapolations like these are unfair to japanese smashers. Those who thought that bombsoldier is the best falco were deluded. He disappeared from the scene for like 2 years. In the Kansai ranking of top 15 players in Japan, Aniki is ranked 1st, bombsoldier is ranked nothing. The Japanese don't think he is the best, not even the best Falco, so he shouldn't be the de facto representative of the top pros of Japan. Ken had to run for his money against Aniki's Link, and anyone can see Aniki's Samus is yet another level. I can not say Aniki's Samus is better than Hugs, but it isn't hard to see why people think so.
when we brought over bombsoldier to oc3, it didn't mean he sucked. It was more like he had other priorities like a dying dad to worry about. People wanted bombsoldier so we brought him over. At the time when he was at his prime, dont forget he lived on a farm and didnt own a cube, meaning if he would play a lot he would do a lot of amazing stuff and was more accurate on his game. Things changed, im sure if we brought over aniki or the newer ranked players, americans wouldnt think the japanese sucked so much.

if you disagree with my post, well do what ken did, fly to japan and play their new best. Hell give mikael a shot. Come home and tell us what you think, otherwise pls dont post about who is the best this or that without proof of beating them on their own territory. Its great you can win some matches in the usa, but try playing under their rules and in their conditions. It wont be as easy.

So ill say it again bombsoldier didnt suck at oc3, people are giving him a hard time, he was great under his conditions. When players try to claim the best characters this becomes a who did what at what event. In tournaments match ups are important, including how well players feel on the day of playing, anyone has the chance to win, and it determines who is up on their game that day. Things change at every tournament, all you can really do is practice up to be prepared. It doesnt mean just because you win a tournament with marth, samus, jigglypuff, shiek that you are the best at that character. Its hardly the case.

Eratangos

Smash Cadet
I thought it was great you guys brought Bombsoldier over. Yes, most people wanted to see him more than other japanese players. As well, an unranked Japanese player getting 2nd in teams and 17th in 200+ tournament. This proves parity rather than dominance.

chillindude829

Smash Master
nice job winning ken, you're lucky you didn't have to play me

i like how mana has given up entering tournies completely now, did you finally realize that you suck?

good **** hugs and mango on performing so well. PC/M2K/Chu you guys were all playing horrible =/

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697

Just like Mango/King is the best jigs?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Just like 56K is the best G&W?

I seem to be the only person east of Arizona that's heard of Mango/seen him play >___>

I wasn't surprised at any of Mango's results.

Drephen

Smash Master
bombsoldier suckssssssssssssssssssss lol

FALCOS ALL OVER THE WORLD!

almost positive that top 10 USA players would destroy top 10 Japan

come on i mean USA has it all. Asians(ken), robots(m2k), and clueless drugged up preppy boys(chu)

no way Japan could touch that

would go over myself but you know money, school, johns and other things

hugQ Cortex

Master
Holy **** Wes went? Maaaaan, the biggest smash event in the west coast this summer and I couldn't go and play Wes lol. Wes is too good. And I'm sorry Wes but HugS's Samus pwns j00 and every other Samus player. :O!

Mew2King is a diferent Marth. In my opinion m2k is like a more technical marth and you has much more mindgame.
Only n00bs say X player is more technical and Y player has more mindgames. Ken and M2K both have superior mindgamez and tech skillz, not to mention spacing and timing.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer

Eval

Smash Journeyman
ken was playing really great in this tournament. Not only he won, he study that jiggs and beat the hell out of it in losers. HugS and his super samus was playing very good too (you owe me another match D:) even thou he lost to ken he did a very awsome job (real close finals). M2K was great too, he got me on my first warm up match before pools and 4 stocked me Dx.... but oh wellz. I lost to HugS on winners and then lost to eddies ganon which was playing really intelligent against my peach. If I have won 1 more match i would have get to the top 8 and win back some money cause now im broke with this tourney and all the expenses...

Anyways, the tournament was effing great even thou they mess up pools with all these 1 round match thing and there was not even time to warp up -_-. This was my first tournament outside of PR and i feel that i didnt do so bad (I think i placed 9 or something around that). I wish i could have played more ppl there(ken, chu, pc etc) but couldnt get the opportunity. I hope theres gonna be smash on the next evo cause im planning to go to the next evo maybe. Well then c ya at the next evo if theres going to be smash and it was nice playing the ppl that i got to play.

PS. LOL ken where do I fit on your peachs groups. (I was the peach blueish, tall guy with earings xD)

chillindude829

Smash Master
wow did you seriously just link all those videos? way too much free time

and last time we played was over a year ago stupid. i beat KDJ 3-1 last time i played him at MLG chicago last year, so am i better than him?

the fact is you got an extremely lucky bracket and shouldve lost to chu in winner's, you're lucky chu is a nice guy and told me not to talk **** to you. if you had played me, m2k, or PC when he wasn't playing terrible, you wouldn't have won the tourney, period

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

nice job winning ken, you're lucky you didn't have to play me

i like how mana has given up entering tournies completely now, did you finally realize that you suck?

good **** hugs and mango on performing so well. PC/M2K/Chu you guys were all playing horrible =/
does it matter if i suck or not? what if i just enter tournaments to have fun. You lost to mango and yet i havent once. Does it mean you suck? Please chillin if you want to be a *** you've done that to me many times already. Why dont you stop johning and grow up seriously. since azen quit playing does he suck? I have told people im done with melee, and the only reason why i went to evo was to support my brother, which i did. I could have easily entered and match par to par with people. I choose not too because im more dedicated to my school work and had midterms after and before the tournament. And please dont bring up why are you going to champ combo? Ill tell you why now, because i want to bring back the ultimate team that took you and azen out. Me and chu dat , yeahzuzuuzzu!!! Im sure chu would say the same thing.

for someone who keeps bringing me up at every tournament I see you at, you sure are obsessed with me. You should know mentioning me when ken plays only makes him **** harder. Its not that fact you are mentioning me, its the fact he has to hear your annoying loud obnoxious voice.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
wow did you seriously just link all those videos? way too much free time

and last time we played was over a year ago stupid. i beat KDJ 3-1 last time i played him at MLG chicago last year, so am i better than him?

the fact is you got an extremely lucky bracket and shouldve lost to chu in winner's, you're lucky chu is a nice guy and told me not to talk **** to you. if you had played me, m2k, or PC when he wasn't playing terrible, you wouldn't have won the tourney, period
chillen,ken is the best in the world still xD

as to why he hasnt played a big tourney in awhile and comes to EVO WORLD and wins...

>_>

no johnz =D

and it shouldnt be that hard to find a few videos of him ****** you.

edit:as well as that,the one time u and azen beat him in teams u go crazy.did that happen again? nope =P

mana did arash go to this? O-o

Nite

Smash Champion
But Mooney, you don't know the truth..... You've barely been in the smash scene long enough to know. I'm not one to start **** ever, I just always see you talking like you know better than people who are definitely better than you.

The King

Smash Ace
Lmao I was browsing the coupon section of today's Newspaper and found youtube links of Ken beating Chillin. They aren't exactly scarce. Fact is that Ken had his bracket because certain people lost matches that kept them from playing Ken later on. Mew2king could've won the tourney if he hadn't lost to mango, then chillin.

And you're basically saying Ken should've lost to Chu, am I right? Last I checked, Chu hasn't taken a tournament set of Ken in forever, regardless of the conditions of the event or the crowd. Though props to Chu for going out of his way to keep the match semi-respectable.

Fact of the matter is, there's no point in trying to prove our Coast anymore. All we ever hear from the EC is that they're the best by far, and to be any good we need to beat them to prove it. Yet when we do, it's a fluke because they were playing like ****, yada yada. Lol yeah, I guess I should be the first to say that WC players are always playing at 100% capacity as well. I mean it's not like we have bad days. You want a real john? the EC is more active smash-wise nowadays. Most of the best WC players usually have other things to do, and put smash on the back-burner. You've got a higher concentration of solid players now? Grats. I do mean it.

Just like Mango/King is the best jigs?
DAMMIT, LOL. You beat me to it, I was gonna say near the same thing, just w/o Mango's name there. =P

King Out

D

Deleted member

wow why are people bitter at ken for winning?

whatever, congrats on 1st ken.

whether or not the tournament was run well has little to do with the individual players. Even if ken had an easy bracket, he still won. That's how the event was run. done deal. cease the bull****.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
in all seriousness, great job with 1st place Ken. good stuff to EC obviously.

lol, everytime i think of mango, i think of animaniacs.

"maaaaangooooo juuuuuuice"

AJtwist

Smash Cadet
This was posted by Preppy on the Shoryuken fourms
The full simi-final results.

1st: Ken (Marth)
2nd: Hugs (Samus)
3rd: Mango (Jigglypuff)
4th: PC Chris (Peach/Falco/Fox)
5th: Chu Dat (IceClimbers)
5th: Eddie (Ganon)
7th: Chillindude (Fox)
7th: DieSuperFly (Shiek)
9th: Edgar Valentin
9th: George-Is
9th: CHAD
9th: Mew2King
13rd: Wesley
13rd: Gilbert
13rd: Simna
13rd: Cactuar
17th: Ismael
17th: Lucky
17th: VickO
17th: ARASH
17th: Roy
17th: Francisco
17th: SK-12
17th: Gus
25th: Twist
25th: Kelly
25th: G-Force
25th: Zach! Pollard
25th: Brett
25th: Nathan
25th: Carlos
25th: Richard
33rd: Sean Oh
33rd: JC Gross
33rd: Akanei
33rd: Tim Vita
33rd: Simon
33rd: Sexy
33rd: Justin Sia
33rd: Bruce Edwards
33rd: Tahir
33rd: David Taylor 'Dat Man'

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
umm ok so far all i hear is that west coast is best yada yada yada. how can you prove that in the last year? since oc2 the west coast has not won a single big tourny, besides this one, including all the mlgs and there very own tourny oc3. guess who has all of the big tournies. thats right the east coast. pc, m2k, chu, kdj, and azen. 2 of the 5 rarely go to tournies any more and yet we have won all the mlgs, fc, oc3, pound, and catacylsm. oh yea west coast is so dominant. so lets see. if i have this right. it is 6 major tournaments to 1. you want to prove you are the best coast start traveling and competing. it is ok for east coast to say that they had one bad tourny if they did. when do you hear us ever complain well if it was like this then we would have won. who has won every single fc crew battle???? oh thats right east coast has. who has won and placed the best at the most big tournies that were run.... oh thats right east coast.

i would like to say congrats to all of the people who place well. you guys worked hard for that and deserve credit but west coast please shut up until you go and actually prove that you are better then the east coast on a consistant basis.

D

Deleted member

i would like to say congrats to all of the people who place well. you guys worked hard for that and deserve credit but west coast please shut up until you go and actually prove that you are better then the east coast on a consistant basis.
I said cease the bull****, not resume the bull****.

Really, chu PC m2k azen KDJ all have their own smashboards accounts and can speak for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom