• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EX Brawl Codeset BETA (Now Taking Community Suggestions)

Tennet

Smash Champion
No. Go to data mangement, then wii click the sd card tab, then click the save and copy it over >.>

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I like this idea, and I have an idea I would like to be considered doable. I propose the ability to choose a random costume on a character, like when you flip through costumes, random is one of them. I sometimes have trouble choosing either Cloud Ike, Tidus Ike, Crono ike, Lord Ike or my other ikes, and this goes for alot of characters like Luigi, mario, Ganondorf, Falcon, and even more. I hope my idea is possible.

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Question:

Will these codes work online?

I'm using texture and stage hacks...but I'm getting desnyced from the .gct file that i downloaded from this with friends online.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
This has to be easily the most pointless of projects I've seen. I didn't like BBrawl much, but at least they knew what they were doing and had a purpose in mind. You're not actually adding anything to the game. This doesn't even need it's own topic. I made a gct for myself for playing vBrawl w/textures and replays. That's all this is. Anyone can do this easily themselves. What was that on the front about needing "testing?" Testing is for people who are actually changing things and therefore need to make sure they're not broken. You have codes that have already been tested and proven not to alter anything but the appearance on your screen. That's it. This is ridiculous. You even gave it a name?

And also, Grahf, there's no way you're getting desynced. No gameplay is altered, so button inputs cause identical responses in both wiis. You must have the wrong gct or something like that. Maybe your friend does.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
This has to be easily the most pointless of projects I've seen. I didn't like BBrawl much, but at least they knew what they were doing and had a purpose in mind. You're not actually adding anything to the game. This doesn't even need it's own topic. I made a gct for myself for playing vBrawl w/textures and replays. That's all this is. Anyone can do this easily themselves. What was that on the front about needing "testing?" Testing is for people who are actually changing things and therefore need to make sure they're not broken. You have codes that have already been tested and proven not to alter anything but the appearance on your screen. That's it. This is ridiculous. You even gave it a name?

And also, Grahf, there's no way you're getting desynced. No gameplay is altered, so button inputs cause identical responses in both wiis. You must have the wrong gct or something like that. Maybe your friend does.
This is actually a great idea because it's a neat and packaged, so it can easily become tournament standard at any brawl tounament. It's easier just to get this than make your own .gct file and make sure that EVERY sd card has the exact same codes on it, because if your replay is longer than 3 minutes and the person who brought the sd card forgot to put that code on, you might get upset because you wanted the replay. Also, it makes sure that anyone can get it who has limited access to a computer because it's a quick download. This would be great for any kind of play no matter what.

Also, a suggestion for the codes: Perhaps you could add a default computer lvl modifier? also do what they did for BBrawl so you can load through stage builder for those who have updated their wii. Colored shields

SCOTU

Smash Hero
no. This is extremely outdated, and doesn't even work fully w/ the Custom Character Select Screen. I should update this, but I've got a lot of other projects to work on that I care about more.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
... Since I needed this for when I play vBrawl on wifi anyway, I downloaded the txt and added the newest file patch code to it. I put it on mediafire for those who want to use this with music.

This should be it.

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Still getting desynced here....playing vBrawl. Tried out Plaids gct and that also desnyced me while playing vBrawl and it even messed up my replays from when I wasn't using codes. It started to mess up once I tried using texture hacks online....since OFfline never desnyced for me against CPUs.

What's going on here?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You have the wrong .gct somehow or the people you are playing with do. Simply put.

A desynch will ONLY happen ONLINE (never offline. You can't desynch offline AFAIK...) and that is ONLY if you are using a code that modifies gameplay. (Even a NO TRIPPING code added to one .gct and not the other may cause a desynch)

I've been using this (with a different CSS) for months now, not a single issue with it.

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Someone at the Brawl Plus website told me it's from the .pac files that don't work in vBrawl and had to be deleted to play that version with the texture hacks on.

Deleted them and they work finally on vBrawl.

I've got one more question about the actual thread:

If I wanted to make my own .gct file without the new character selection screen interface which codes would I have to leave out?

~Zack~

Smash Journeyman
I launched this through gecko loading through custom stage, everything worked perfectly with the .pcs and .pac codes but my music didn't change, it changes on the brawl+ version though. Also I tested textures on with someone online and they didn't have any codes and it didn't desynch.

Top Bottom