• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Exceeding the Limit of 100: Olimar Main Social Thread

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Will the real Olimar fans please stand up?

:4olimar:

I for one am psyched to give him a go. He was my main back when I played Brawl (even before I found out about the whistle shield) and one of my best in PM. I'll do my best to make him at least one of my alts. (Main spot reserved for the Zardmaster. :006:)

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
just a note:
brawl: the more pikmin you had, the better your recovery.
ssb4: the less pikmin you have the better your recovery.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Liking the set plucking order.

I really hope they keep his Whistle Armor. Reducing his maximum amount of Pikmin hurt really bad, and he needs some tools.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Liking the set plucking order.

I really hope they keep his Whistle Armor. Reducing his maximum amount of Pikmin hurt really bad, and he needs some tools.
maybe blowing his whistle will have a wind box surrounding him, blowing other players away.

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
I am curious to see if the whistle will return this time around. In the last game it was pretty necassary, you had 6 little Pikmin to keep track of, and you needed as many as you could get for you recovery to be useful. This time around you only have 3 who will likely die or fall off the level pretty fast, and a completely different up B that requires less pikmin to be good.

If the whistle was removed, what else could be his down B? Something to do with rock pikmin? The berry juice that made pikmin go crazy?

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Well, they added the whistle to his helmet design, so I'm sure it's there in some way. Although, it's going to be much less useful now that he only has 3 Pikmin following him at a time, as well as a set plucking order. That's why I really hope they keep the armor. I'd like if they tweaked the other characteristics of the move a bit, assuming it's still in.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
or maybe it properties can be altered slightly with the custom movesets

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
I'm pretty sure it can, but unfortunately those can't be applied to competitive matches, highly affecting his overall performance.

I'm sure I'll play around with the customization locally, though!

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I'm pretty sure it can, but unfortunately those can't be applied to competitive matches, highly affecting his overall performance.

I'm sure I'll play around with the customization locally, though!
are you saying custom movesets are banned in competitive matches already?
i know they dont work in online mode, but why ban them?

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
are you saying custom movesets are banned in competitive matches already?
i know they dont work in online mode, but why ban them?
Of course there haven't been official statements from Tournament Organizers, but I assume they're banning custom movesets for the same reasons Street Fighter x Tekken's advanced Gem system was banned. The TO's would need to have them all unlocked, everyone would have to put in a lot of time to set them up, and there would be way too many different combinations in order to compose any sort of tier list (the last point isn't exactly relevant, however). I believe it's just much easier in terms of holding events, reaching a universal tournament consensus and making sure balance works as intended.

They might end up allowing basic customization, who's to say before all of the different attack types are ultimately revealed?

Last edited:

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Hard to imagine which move they'd replace. I think having them replace certain Pikmin in your lineup might be too difficult or disturb the balance.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Maybe they'll do the same as with Mega Man and just have all the captains come in and bombard folks with Pikmin?
Callin in the S. S. Drake with Louie, the President, Brittany, Alph, and Charlie seems awesome! and some Rock Pikmin thrown amongst the swarm would kill :O

Top Bottom