• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXEMPLARY - The Top Five in North America [ON D TIER, TIL 8/30 OR THREAD LOCKS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coney

Smash Master
As an aspiring SSBB player, I constantly look to find gameplay inspiration from the best of the best. When to toss that banana, when to drop that grenade, and when to swing that sword as quickly and viciously as possible. The only problem, is that I can't seem to weed out which players to watch, and which players are more likely to show me bad habits. I've tried looking at each character thread, but sometimes it is difficult to realize which of the people posting on the thread are the ones that are the most knowledge, and the most able to utilize what they preach. That being said, I've created this thread with the intention of compiling a list of the best players for each character, so that those that have already read their characters play guide and just need to see someone put it to work, have a place to get started when looking for the best players to watch.
A small while back, a thread was made on Smashboards that attempted to catalog the five best players of each character in the game, a point of reference for aspiring up-and-coming players to turn to. Players were encouraged to look up the videos of their more successful peers, as a way to improve their own game. Unfortunately, that project went belly-up over two months ago, mostly due to the OP's inactivity and a massive derailment of the original thread's intention.

So let's try it again. For real, though. Seriously. I'll be good.

Every week an entire tier of characters will be considered, for an entire week. At the end of the week the votes are collected and players are added to the OP, wherein the next voting phase will begin.

Now with some (read: many) characters, there is such difficulty in defining the skill between two very similar players that, honestly, it's just not worth the effort. Because of this, I'm aiming for a tad more flexibility when it comes to defining the top five. There are some players that are at the absolute pinnacle of their character (M2K for MK, Ally for Snake, you know the deal) and these players are in a class all their own. Players will then be grouped together in a bracket based on their collective skill level.

FOR INSTANCE:
[ GREAT :metaknight: ]
[ 2 Very Good :metaknight: ]
[ 2 Pretty Good :metaknight: ]

See what I mean? Still five players, and, if needed, it's possible to even go above or below five players! Let's not get too silly here though. I'll impose a limit of six, with a goal of just getting the top five.

I'd also like to ask for the best MAINS of each character. There are some players that can blur the line between their several characters, but if the goal is to offer a resource wherein character mains can find and watch other mains of their character, I think it'd be better to collect the best MAINS of each character, save for a few exceptional individuals

Anyway, the voting system will be the same as before. The previous method was to ask for the top five in sequential order...however, I'm just asking for you to bracket the top five (or six, if you must) in a way that makes sense to you, as above. It won't be EXACTLY point based, but for each post that considers a player in one bracket, I'll, um, keep it in consideration. In my head. I'm not good with figures.

The time has come for reckoning, folks, and lo, the Peaches are at hand. Just treat them and their D tier kin well until they leave us alone, okay?

S TIER

:metaknight:

Mew2King
Tyrant, Anti
Dojo, LeeMartin, DSF

A TIER

:snake:

Ally
Razer
Fatal
HRNut, Candy

:diddy:

ADHD, Gnes
Dekar, Ninjalink
Felix

:falco:

DEHF
SK92
Shugo
Kismet
Keitaro

:popo:

Meep
Lain, Swordgard
Atomsk
Hylian

:marth:

Mikehaze, NEO
Kadaj, Chaz
Zex, Minty

:wario:

Hunger
Krystedez, Malcolm
Bassem, Blue Rogue

B TIER

:dedede:

CO18, Atomsk
Coney, Vex, Ling Ling, Junk

:pikachu2:

ESAM
Anther
Pikapika, Z
Ninjalink

:olimar:

Dabuz
Logic, Richbrown
L_Cancel, Fino

:lucario:

Lee Martin
Junebug, Ksizzle
Zucco, Trela

:gw:

Vinnie, UTD Zac
Valdens, Blackanese
Vex, Pentasalia

C TIER

:pit:

Kool-Aid
Esca, Vex, R@vyn

:toonlink:

Jash
Jerm, Hyro
MJG, Kingtoon

:zerosuitsamus:

NickRiddle
Dazwa, Snakeee
PatG

:kirby2:

Chu Dat
YBM
Allied, Ling Ling

:rob:

t0mmy
ChiboSempai, Stingers
HolyNightmare, Ninjalink

******* TIER (as voted by Prawn)

[Coney] [Coney] [Shippo, CO18] [Coney]

Coney

Smash Master
Well sure.

I'm asking, though, if it were at all possible, for people to group the mains into categories.

So, let's say ADHD is all alone at the top

[ADHD] [gnes] [felix, dekar, alphazealot]

See what I mean? ADHD is rarely questioned of his top spot, and gnes is often cited as the second best, so let's assume they're in their own spots. But between the other three (who were just the first three that popped into my head, sorry if I offended anyone), who's better? We can argue about it, or we can just say that all three are great players and none really have any leg up on the others.

Unless they do and I'm wrong. Whoops.

This gets even more interesting with, say, Marth.

[NEO, mikehaze]...yadda yadda, you get it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Are european players considered for this? Serious question.

Edit: Japanese too ofc

:059:

Coney

Smash Master
That's actually a good question!

I'm...gonna go ahead and say no.

Reason being, that was one of the big things that lead to the derailment of the previous thread, and the fact is that we honestly have nothing to base it off of, other than extremely rare circumstances like Ally's traveling there recently.

Just to avoid any kind of ridiculous bickering or nationalistic bull**** I'm gonna nip it in the bud and make it just North America. This means Canada and Mexico are included as well!

This isn't to say that European players wouldn't be considered, as Gluttony, Mr. R, all'a'yall are obviously very talented players with their respective players...but trying to compare them to ours is a headache we'd be better without.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, I think it's better this way although:

This means Canada and Mexico are included as well!
Idk TKD and Ally are p. obviously 1st for their character. Swordguard is top 5 ICs for sure and AC is prolly top 5 Wolf. No need to exclude them imo.

:metaknight: [Mew2King] [Anti, Tyrant] [Dojo, Lee Martin]
:snake: [Ally] [Razer, Candy, HRnut, Fatal]
:diddy: [ADHD] [Gnes] [Ninjalink, Felix] [Dekar]
:falco: [DEHF] [SK92, Shugo, Choice] [Arty]
:marth: [MikeHaze] [Minty, Neo] [Chaz, Kadaj]
:popo: [Meep, Lain] [Swordguard] [Atomsk, Hylian]
:wario: [Hunger, Malcolm] [Blue Rogue, Krystedez, Bassem]

:059:

Coney

Smash Master
Idk TKD and Ally are p. obviously 1st for their character. Swordguard is top 5 ICs for sure and AC is prolly top 5 Wolf. No need to exclude them imo.
Exactly, those two are actually precisely who I was thinking of, hahah. It's only because we can directly compare them to our players here. Gluttony may very well be the best Wario in the world, he just doesn't have much of a way to show it, sadly.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
MK = (Mew2king) (Anti, Tyrant) (Dojo, DSF)

Snake = (Ally) (Ultimate Razer, Anti) (Candy, Fatal)

Diddy = (ADHD) (Gnes) (Felix, Ninjalink, Dekar)

Falco = (DEHF, Shugo) (SK92) (Keitaro, Kismet)

Ice Climbers = (Meep) (Lain, Atomsk, Swordgard) (Cura)

Marth = (MikeHAZE, NEO) (Zex) (Mintyflesh, Kadaj)

Wario = (Hunger, Krystedez) (Malcolm, Fiction) (Bassem)

i hope this thread doesnt turn out like this one

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267925

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
No offense to them but candy and fatal should be in that last bracket IMO i should be in the one with razer

and atomsk's falco is not better than mine. but i guess i cant complain because no one OoS has seen him

I definitely think chaz should be on the marth one as well he's pretty sick and has been doing well lately with all marth.

i agree with the rest of your list for now ksizzle

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
No offense to them but candy and fatal should be in that last bracket IMO i should be in the one with razer

and atomsk's falco is not better than mine. but i guess i cant complain because no one OoS has seen him

I definitely think chaz should be on the marth one as well he's pretty sick and has been doing well lately with all marth.

i agree with the rest of your list for now ksizzle
um its an opinionated list by what ive seen. make your own list and stay out of it.

i dont see how fatal and candy should be below. dont act like you're much better than them, at all. cuz i dont see it and most(anyone outside of florida) wouldnt either.

o word your falcos better? kool beans yo. what accomplishments have you got with him? have you beaten anti, a god tier player, with him? see, i also think i have a better falco though thats not the issue. read the OP of the thread, stating mains. i havent seen your falco at all in results threads, especially it having great accomplishments. atomsk takes the cake for that one. think what u want.

chaz does good at one mlg tourney and automatically is one of the best marths. i love florida logic. i suppose mk18 is one of the best warios too for beating me that day.

oh wow rofl i just realized , anti mains snake and has beaten many many players with him like adhd, me, meep, etc. sorry bro. <3 opinions

this is a new thread so dont start this drama bs already. ima leave it at this and say this is my opinion based off results and watching performance from the players.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
rofl last one went from

nice voting

to

people calling each other bias

to

america vs europe.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
MK = (Mew2king) (Anti, Tyrant) (Dojo, DSF)

Snake = (Ally) (Ultimate Razer, Anti) (Candy, Fatal)

Falco = (DEHF) (SK92) (Keitaro, Kismet, Atomsk)

Marth = (MikeHAZE, NEO) (Zex) (Mintyflesh, Kadaj)

Wario = (Hunger, Krystedez) (Malcolm, Fiction) (Bassem)

i hope this thread doesnt turn out like this one

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267925
I completely agree with this!
Kelvin's right.
lol, called ksizzle by his real name

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
MK = (Mew2king) (Anti, Tyrant) (Dojo, Ksizzle)

Snake = (Ally) (Ultimate Razer) (Candy, Fatal, InfernAngelis)

Falco = (DEHF) (SK92) (Choice, Kismet, Shugo)

Marth = (MikeHAZE, NEO) (Mintyflesh, Zex) (Kadaj)

Wario = (Hunger, Malcolm) (Krystedez, Fiction) (BlueRogue)

Just took Kelvin's list and made a few minor changes to it XD I expect most lists to look like his, though with some regional bias and some people who underrate Trevor's characters cause they haven't seen them/their accomplishments

CO18

Smash Hero
um its an opinionated list by what ive seen. make your own list and stay out of it.

i dont see how fatal and candy should be below. dont act like you're much better than them, at all. cuz i dont see it and most(anyone outside of florida) wouldnt either.

o word your falcos better? kool beans yo. what accomplishments have you got with him? have you beaten anti, a god tier player, with him? see, i also think i have a better falco though thats not the issue. read the OP of the thread, stating mains. i havent seen your falco at all in results threads, especially it having great accomplishments. atomsk takes the cake for that one. think what u want.

chaz does good at one mlg tourney and automatically is one of the best marths. i love florida logic. i suppose mk18 is one of the best warios too for beating me that day.

oh wow rofl i just realized , anti mains snake and has beaten many many players with him like adhd, me, meep, etc. sorry bro. <3 opinions

this is a new thread so dont start this drama bs already. ima leave it at this and say this is my opinion based off results and watching performance from the players.

Umm wtf are you ******** if chaz's only impressive results is one mlg tourney where he got Top 16 mind you then wtf has minty and kadaj done? GtfO

Also hrnuts falco just won a tourney saturday and has won tourneys before but I wouldnt put him in top 5 yet til he starts consistently using him or w/e but his snake is better than fatal's/candy's.

Anyway for people who "main" the character

MK = [Mew2king] [Anti, Tyrant, Dojo] [DSF]

Snake = [Ally] [Ultimate Razer, Hrnut, Fatal, MVD]

Diddy = [ADHD,Gnes] [Felix, Ninjalink, Dekar]

Falco = [DEHF] [SK92,Shugo] [Kismet, Keitaro]

Ice Climbers = [Lain, Meep, Atomsk, Swordguard][Snipa]

Marth = [MikeHAZE, NEO] [Chaz , Kadaj, Zex]

Wario = [Fiction, Krystedez, Hunger, Bassem] [Malcolm]

Coney

Smash Master
I'll just say now, I'm not counting the votes until the end of the week. Because of this, if there's someone you forgot to mention or you've changed your mind, you have until the end of the week to change it. Don't make another post with an entirely different bracket, just edit the one you had before. Thanks!

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I love that people are putting anti as the second best MK. IMO he's second best and still in his own tier above tyrant.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
And Minty sure hasn't done ANYTHING in tournaments, like constantly placing top 5 in an extremely hard region, constantly visited by OoS :laugh:

@ DTL to be fair, Tyrant's accomplishments are that of Anti's, which is why I put them in their own tier. I think Anti might be slightly better than Tyrant, but their accomplishments match and that's really all I have to base it on.

CO18

Smash Hero
What do you mean what have I done?
Certainly hasn't been beating people who have been placing in mlg or anything like that right......You might want to check over that
Yes, this is the point ksizzle is dumb rofl I know you do have impressive wins same as chaz though his are a little more impressive atm and most of your wins are from your region, recently ga since youve been there. Just as chaz consistently places well in his region then ksizzle's logic oh man he only did well at one national!

because you/minty of course have ***** all the many nationals youve been too..

And how does minty placing top 5 in his region put him over chaz? ROFL

Chaz does the same here and also placed top 16 in a 250 person tourney with most oos in attendance beating the top oos players he played and ended up losing to.. oh man Florida. what a surprise ^_^ seems to be the trend.

And yea anti doesnt deserve his own tier over tyrant/dojo I think hes better than both too but not that significantly and if he hes still gotta prove it at apex/ w.e

Kole

Smash Lord
MK = [Mew2king] [Anti, Tyrant, Dojo] [DSF]

Snake = [Ally] [Ultimate Razer, Anti, Fatal, Candy]

Diddy = [ADHD,Gnes] [Felix, Ninjalink, Dekar]

Falco = [DEHF] [Shugo,SK92] [Kismet, Keitaro]

Ice Climbers = [Lain, Meep, Swordgard, Atomsk][Cura]

Marth = [MikeHAZE, NEO] [Zex , Kadaj, Chaz]

Wario = [Fiction, Krystedez, Hunger, Bassem] [Malcolm]

only made a few changes from co18's

CO18

Smash Hero
Also -dead-@ punishment putting halberd's snake in top 3 adssdsdasd then hrnut isnt on the list.

Peoples opinions of florida smash are so funny since we are like loners lmfao.

Halberds snake is good no doubt but def not no top 5 . Hes a top 10 mk though

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Yes, this is the point ksizzle is dumb rofl I know you do have impressive wins same as chaz though his are a little more impressive atm and most of your wins are from your region, recently ga since youve been there. Just as chaz consistently places well in his region then ksizzle's logic oh man he only did well at one national!

because you/minty of course have ***** all the many nationals youve been too..

And how does minty placing top 5 in his region put him over chaz? ROFL

Chaz does the same here and also placed top 16 in a 250 person tourney with most oos in attendance beating the top oos players he played and ended up losing to.. oh man Florida. what a surprise ^_^ seems to be the trend.

And yea anti doesnt deserve his own tier over tyrant/dojo I think hes better than both too but not that significantly and if he hes still gotta prove it at apex/ w.e
Because the OoS come to US lol

Whether you believe me or not, it doesn't matter cuz this is opinionated but in both placements, and skill (imo what I've seen in videos) Chaz isn't top 5 material.

i also am considering changing my Snake list around, Halberd probably won't be on it

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
If you guys can actually do something at a non MLG tourney like Apex and Pound 5, I'll shut up for good. So will the entire country. But you're too stupid to realize that.

Chaz got a fluke win on Lain cuz Lain couldn't chain grab. See what I'm getting at? That one tourney seems like a pretty big deal for Florida. Everyone else though? Nah.

and wow i cant eblieve i forgot abotu shugo on the falco list...now im sad.

CO18

Smash Hero
What is OOS to you? Atlantic North? No. Thats called atl north

and i dont even consider atl north is quite overrated anyway but its k

But as it stands now Chaz is undefeated vs atl north ^_^

what are minty's notable wins anyway if you dont mind me asking

Its ok ksizzle u already admitted we're the best state in esam's thread I dont need to read ur bs

If Atl north can stop losing to our unrankeds Ill shut up but you're too stupid to realize that

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
CO18 its funny that your not gonna say this in person this week lol ur not even trolling now. your *** is on the keyboard or some ****. if your unrankeds can beat us on normal tv's then kudos to florida. if YOU can actually respond to my post with a legit response instead of copying what i said cuz ur SCARED to reply, then kudos to that too.

and no i didnt admit it. can you find it and quote it please?

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
What is OOS to you? Atlantic North? No. Thats called atl north

and i dont even consider atl north is quite overrated anyway but its k

But as it stands now Chaz is undefeated vs atl north ^_^

what are minty's notable wins anyway if you dont mind me asking

Its ok ksizzle u already admitted we're the best state in esam's thread I dont need to read ur bs

If Atl north can stop losing to our unrankeds Ill shut up but you're too stupid to realize that
Off the top of my head Minty has Snakeee, Cable, NinjaLink, Will, San, PikaPika, Vinnie...there's more lol

Also just basing off skill/matchup knowledge it look like Minty has more of it from the looks of everything when I watch Chaz's matches he misses a lot of punishes and has a weird *** style and in matchups picks bad options like trying to cross up Snake and never uses Dtilt like ever

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Alright so I really don't want to get infracted for this >:0

But I was baked when I got home one day and watched a few matches of Anti vs ADHD and I realized Anti is Meta Knight perfection. His level of skill is just ridiculous... I know m2k is still better, but I think that comes more from pure experience and reads. Anti...just controls his character to perfection.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Alright so I really don't want to get infracted for this >:0

But I was baked when I got home one day and watched a few matches of Anti vs ADHD and I realized Anti is Meta Knight perfection. His level of skill is just ridiculous... I know m2k is still better, but I think that comes more from pure experience and reads. Anti...just controls his character to perfection.
He plays on reaction. He's a good player.

CO18

Smash Hero
1. Im not gonna go dig up a post from an old results thread
2. If you dont think I wouldn't say this in your life you're ******** and also don't know me just because I dont associate with nigz like you at tourneys.
3. LOL @ you johning about a frame or 2 of lag or w/e the hell it is especially using mk. Go lose to my unranked friend who I beat with half the cast more pl0x.
4. Noob http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276980. Beside candy getting 17th losing to TWO unranked players chu was in the process of losing to mero before the venue closed.

Noob region. Im not even sure if theres ONE ranked player in the Entire Atlantic north that has not lost to a florida player if they have played one rofl

Didn't Lain get 2-0ed? And you act like lain ever anyway rofl that is the sole reason why he loses so sporadically because he's always high and can barely focus

Edit: Also K its not unreasonable for you to put minty over chaz his accomplishments are good though obviously Id still put chaz over him but its just our region bias or w/e

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
1. thats cuz it doesnt exist
2. you wouldnt say it. i dare you, u black piece of trash LOL
3. im not johning because its true. floridas heads are in their *** minus a few like red. everyone outside of florida agrees with me. i wonder why that is.
4. oh cool post a tourney md va went to.

its funny that i lost to mk18( i wouldve lost to any wario that day tbh) but most of florida has no chance vs me, including you :bee:

whatever im done arguing with an ignorant ****. carry on.

CO18

Smash Hero
ROFL your a scrub Ill just beat you with my actual "good" wario as well. Nub and didnt halberd just come up there and **** you and your booty brother at your house.

Ksizzle: 0-2 vs Florida :(
CO18: Undefeated vs NJ

Noob immigrants talking trash rofl

And yes thread was derailed Ill stop, sry coney. Ksizzle with that get @ florida logic with his own ******** bs smh

And im sure everyone outside of florida would agree with you since they also get ***** by us only thing to console themselves I see.

go Hide behind tv johns some more

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
ROFL your a scrub Ill just beat you with my actual "good" wario as well. Nub and didnt halberd just come up there and **** you and your booty brother at your house.

Ksizzle: 0-2 vs Florida :(
CO18: Undefeated vs NJ

Noob immigrants talking trash rofl
Am I really a scrub CO? That's why your not taken seriously lol

I said any wario wouldve beaten me that day, you know, 3 months ago. And no as a matter of fact, he didnt **** me and my booty brother.

I've beaten seibrik in tourney before yo. make dat 1-2.
co18 - lost to inui. cant get any worse than that.

its not hiding. its just not agreeing with florida but florida is like inui and if you dont agree with them they get angry.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yes, you are a scrub. And ill use wario vs you if I play you at apex just to **** you with him for the hell of it.

When did I lose to inui?

And how is johning about your inevitable losses not agreeing with florida(make some sense) smh.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Yes, you are a scrub. And ill use wario vs you if I play you at apex just
But im not i have good accomplishments :confused:

i cant enter apex lol ill be there though :3

You've lost to inui in mm or tourney. im sure of it. wow i lost at one tourney to florida and its inevtiable that ill lose to them. i suppose if i beat shugo or m2k its inevtiable that ohio would eve rbeat me. if i beat ally, canada would never beat me. so black and dumb.

ANYAYS sorry coney for this but what can i say. mondays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom