• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
ATTENTION ALL:

The LYN file goes over MARTH. You have to change all the file names to FitMarth.pac, FitMarth00.pcs, and FitMarth00.pac. ERASE the "FitZakoGirlMotionEtc."

Oldly enough, there is a new moveset for this character so to speak. And if you press "B", it freezes.

Anyway, I just want to put Lyn over Marth. Anyone know how I can do that?

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'd be willing to help!

It just depends on what you need help with. :bee:
I fixed the run/walk bug, but toad looks weird ingame. Do you think you can fix Toad's fitmotionetc so he will stand and be loaded correctly in brawl?

ATTENTION ALL:

The LYN file goes over MARTH. You have to change all the file names to FitMarth.pac, FitMarth00.pcs, and FitMarth00.pac. ERASE the "FitZakoGirlMotionEtc."

Oldly enough, there is a new moveset for this character so to speak. And if you press "B", it freezes.

Anyway, I just want to put Lyn over Marth. Anyone know how I can do that?
You should add more bones to lyn so she can fit on Marth.

MetaRidley5

Smash Rookie
I couldn't figure out why nobody had tried to port Tabuu over somebody XD so I tried it myself, I replaced the red alloy with Tabuu, no freezing only problem is he's massive, and has every one of his weapons out all over him but he doesn't freeze! XD but that is pretty much all I can do, I have no experiance with PSA, Animations or anything like that just textures.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I couldn't figure out why nobody had tried to port Tabuu over somebody XD so I tried it myself, I replaced the red alloy with Tabuu, no freezing only problem is he's massive, and has every one of his weapons out all over him but he doesn't freeze! XD but that is pretty much all I can do, I have no experiance with PSA, Animations or anything like that just textures.
Several people already have. It's just that no one has had enough interest to go anywhere with it.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I fixed the run/walk bug, but toad looks weird ingame. Do you think you can fix Toad's fitmotionetc so he will stand and be loaded correctly in brawl?

You should add more bones to lyn so she can fit on Marth.
So how exactly do I got about doing that? I have that "add more bones" program, but I don't know what to add it to (i'm assuming lyn's mdlo file) or how many to give her, I don't know how to tell how many bones she has. I really appreciate the help. Thanks a bunch! *hugs*

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm still slowl working on Gray Fox to get his TransN to work correctly over Marth's and Sheik's but that bone mod program spat out a corrupt Mdl0.

My Mdl0 file currently has 79 bones. It works in game but has the visibility bug and the TransN bug.

I'm also playing Heart Gold.

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
Alright, I am going to be planning on working to get Knuckles the Echidna playable in brawl, so far i replace him over pikachu and here are some of the things ive done:

-got model to import properly
-got all of sonics animations into the motion.pac
-can be able to move, grab opponents, dodge properly and use specials and attacks

glitches:
-can't grab items like leafbarrett's gardevoir
-hitboxes are the same prob as gard
-shield size is weird and goes at the bottom of his feet

some thing that I MAJORLY want fixing would be:
-hitboxes
-PSA Editing *Knuckles still has pikachu's attacks/specials and i fixed a bit of his attributes. Really want to give him a glide animation*
-Animation Editing *Some animations need total fixing*

here is a download link
http://www.mediafire.com/?tyhwjm3rmm0

If anyone would like to help out, please let me know

Laters

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I am going to be planning on working to get Knuckles the Echidna playable in brawl, so far i replace him over pikachu and here are some of the things ive done:

-got model to import properly
-got all of sonics animations into the motion.pac
-can be able to move, grab opponents, dodge properly and use specials and attacks

glitches:
-can't grab items like leafbarrett's gardevoir
-hitboxes are the same prob as gard
-shield size is weird and goes at the bottom of his feet

some thing that I MAJORLY want fixing would be:
-hitboxes
-PSA Editing *Knuckles still has pikachu's attacks/specials and i fixed a bit of his attributes. Really want to give him a glide animation*
-Animation Editing *Some animations need total fixing*

here is a download link
http://www.mediafire.com/?tyhwjm3rmm0

If anyone would like to help out, please let me know

Laters
If you want I can try to help you out with your project. I was planning on making Knuckles work after I got done with Klonoa but I think I can handle two projects.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Alright everyone, I'm here to ask for some serious help, I have been trying to get Captain falcon's punch model (The bird) to work over ANYONE and it either always silent freezes or no model loads at all.... I'll be willing to put up the files if anyone needs them to get a look at what I've tried to do, but all I did was add some bones so it'd work over someone...... Could it be that the extra bones mess up the model in game? I added it in 2 increments; 30 then 5..... Please help D:

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
18 bones and I needed 48 to get it to work over pikachu, so I added 30, but I was 1 short of meeting the minimum, so I added 5 more bones just to be on the safe side.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
....... I feel very stupid right now, so I should just add 5 or so bones at a time instead of 2039485710.

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
Oh wow, that would be great =) but I don't want to stress you out too much with multiple projects

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I already tried that, it doesn't work because Alloys have 30 some bones.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Well I added 5 bones at a time and when I loaded Pikachu it was just a name tag pointing to something with a gigantic hurtbox v.v

Still not working, any other ideas? I can post the models I've been working on if you wanna see them.

Edit: Please? I want this to work :x

manman1235

Smash Cadet
Flare the Falcon!

Well I added 5 bones at a time and when I loaded Pikachu it was just a name tag pointing to something with a gigantic hurtbox v.v

Still not working, any other ideas? I can post the models I've been working on if you wanna see them.

Edit: Please? I want this to work :x
Thanks so much for helping with my project, thanyou. Anyway, if you add more bones, they might actually need functions, so try putting one in the head or something.
ALSO: Does the amount of polygons have anything to do with it?
NOTE: I'm actually new to Brawl hacking.
RANDOMNESS::bluejump:

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Thanks so much for helping with my project, thanyou. Anyway, if you add more bones, they might actually need functions, so try putting one in the head or something.
ALSO: Does the amount of polygons have anything to do with it?
NOTE: I'm actually new to Brawl hacking.
RANDOMNESS::bluejump:
you can't make extra bones control anything yet, but a playable falcon punch does sound pretty awesome

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Alright everyone, here's my two cents:

In the history of this (massive) thread, there have been VERY few completed projects. In fact, the only one that comes to my mind is Metroid over Pikachu. While others have gotten far as well (Waluigi, Primid, etc), this thread has yielded very few results. I personally feel that this is due to the large amount of work that is required to complete one character.

I have noticed a few situations in this thread regarding the fates of projects undertaken:

1. Creator decides to do it, maybe releases a screenshot or two, then gives up when they realize how much work it actually is.
2. Creator (and maybe a small team) begin work on a project. Either a) they run into difficulties and are indefinately suspended, b) they drop the project all-together, or c) they move on to category 3.
3. The small team/creator from scenario 2 begin work, and things look great! Huge progress is made, and a thread is opened up! A beta is released, and all is well, UNTIL: the creator/team is overwhelmed.

Yes, everyone has projects they wish to complete, and if they are driven to do so, thats a great thing, but its a huge amount of time and effort that is required to fully complete a character. Here is what I suggest: we're one community, right? So I propose that we vote on a "community character" that everyone is free to work on. There can (and probably should) be someone overseeing the construction of that character. People could split into teams (ie, the PSA group, the Graphics group, Testing group, etc). I think that if we hold a vote, decide on ONE character we all can see in Brawl, and work on it, it can get done.

Anyone with me?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Not everyone is going to want to work on the same character. All the people that want to work on any given character do. It's that simple.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

In the history of this (massive) thread, there have been VERY few completed projects. In fact, the only one that comes to my mind is Metroid over Pikachu. While others have gotten far as well (Waluigi, Primid, etc), this thread has yielded very few results. I personally feel that this is due to the large amount of work that is required to complete one character.

I have noticed a few situations in this thread regarding the fates of projects undertaken:

1. Creator decides to do it, maybe releases a screenshot or two, then gives up when they realize how much work it actually is.
2. Creator (and maybe a small team) begin work on a project. Either a) they run into difficulties and are indefinately suspended, b) they drop the project all-together, or c) they move on to category 3.
3. The small team/creator from scenario 2 begin work, and things look great! Huge progress is made, and a thread is opened up! A beta is released, and all is well, UNTIL: the creator/team is overwhelmed.

Yes, everyone has projects they wish to complete, and if they are driven to do so, thats a great thing, but its a huge amount of time and effort that is required to fully complete a character. Here is what I suggest: we're one community, right? So I propose that we vote on a "community character" that everyone is free to work on. There can (and probably should) be someone overseeing the construction of that character. People could split into teams (ie, the PSA group, the Graphics group, Testing group, etc). I think that if we hold a vote, decide on ONE character we all can see in Brawl, and work on it, it can get done.

Anyone with me?
I've suggested this before. but noteveryone wants to work on the same thing ;-; cuz not everyone wants the same character in brawl :x but I would be willing to sacrifice the wants of 1 for the wants of many.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Umm I hope I'm not interrupting anything but does anyone support the following Pokemon trainer hack? I'll vertex hack pokemon trianer into cyrus (If I can). Then I'll make absol over squirtle, dusknoir over ivysaur, and Darkrai over Charizard. It would take a while but I would release all of the files so others can work on them if I give up. I know these aren't pokemon that Cyrus actually has, but its an alright idea I think.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Umm I hope I'm not interrupting anything but does anyone support the following Pokemon trainer hack? I'll vertex hack pokemon trianer into cyrus (If I can). Then I'll make absol over squirtle, dusknoir over ivysaur, and Darkrai over Charizard. It would take a while but I would release all of the files so others can work on them if I give up. I know these aren't pokemon that Cyrus actually has, but its an alright idea I think.
I'm in favor of anything that adds new playable characters.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
I've suggested this before. but noteveryone wants to work on the same thing ;-; cuz not everyone wants the same character in brawl :x but I would be willing to sacrifice the wants of 1 for the wants of many.
All i kno is this , Klonoa , B.Jr(Bowser Jr.) , LLyod, Metwo, and Cloud can not be stopped theyre to good oh and Amy as well she rules

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
idk klonoa has taken a major hit, quality wise, while getting him to function proporly. He is still pretty good and frostymm has been making some nice animations but all his old animations have gotten chunky and choppy. Also I can't even work on him for another 2 months or so :s so its all up to the rest of the team for the time being.

Bowsjer jr. I don't see it being completed without my help atm, all the animations that were already there when i started were just ripped from MaSatOWG . So hopefully when i get back more people will have joined the team and worked on him =D

Mewtwo I can see getting finished. I mean he already works because he is lucaario. So from this point on we just get upgrades =D

Cloud is pretty much done isnt he? i haven't really tried him but i'm sure he is awsome.

Idk anything about llyod so i have no comment o.o

amy is alright, not top quality but I can see her getting finished.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Klonoa's old animations have gotten chunky and choppy? They just magically changed? I'm confused.

Fen__

Smash Ace
A lot of bones were changed, so the animations had to be transitioned over ;-;
Ah. Shouldn't that just be a matter of find and replace, though? Why would they become choppy? Were they not transitioned correctly?

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman

[Excellent Idea w/lemon, removed due to being big]

Anyone with me?
Wholeheartedly agree. I've been trying to figure out as much as possible about how I could get my own project done, since I haven't been able to do much work on it. But if things were open, that'd be a help... I understand things with PSA, but not so much with putting models in places, and that's something I've been having trouble with. And I'm certainly not the person to go to when it comes to balancing, but I can thoroughly test a character and write full details on them. My point is, we all have different skills, and should be working together to get more characters done with better quality! Even if it means that in the meantime changes come that we may not have wanted.

Top Bottom