• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I am currently renaming bones, but whenever I apply translation or rotation, polygons get stretched all to hell... Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
What are you naming them?
I tried renaming bones once, and they did the same thing.
Naming them after usual Brawl bone names, for example, her first bone to TopN and her left foot (Lfoot3) to LFootN

I meant rotation too, Yoshi. For stuff like body movement for walk and such. The body part gets warped like crazy.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
man, i've missed a ton. i guess that's what happens when my hacking computer gets a virus that's incredibly stubborn to get rid of. and here i thought i could use the thanksgiving weekend to actually continue on some of my projects and such.

anyways, TC, since Rukia's model is from a different game, it'd be a lot easier to just give her all custom animations, much less of a headache that way, as i'm sure you've seen already. i'd say to only rename the necessary bones (TransN, HipN, ThrowN and maybe the X/YRotN) and just leave the rest. also, who is she over? and do you need porting help? i actually just started watching Bleach, so i hope this project goes well, and i'll help where i can.

and NintendoShadowMario, i wouldn't suggest using the MKWii models, they have few bones and are huge compared to the rest of the character models (literally like 10 times bigger). i'd just use already vertexed models if i were you. i have the Bowser Jr model from MKWii, and it only has 17 bones, and needed to be resized to .1 to fit Brawl standards.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
She is over Snake, and I can't tell which bone is which for X/YRotN, TransN and ThrowN). May I send you the files?

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
She is over Snake, and I can't tell which bone is which for X/YRotN, TransN and ThrowN). May I send you the files?
Snake... because of his useful articles? I don't know, but I really think Snake is cool, and if you have played a Metal Gear game you would know that. Anyways, it's you're project.

I would of suggested porting her over somone else, like Olimar (I think there was a code that got rid of the Pikmin, wasn't there) or, somthing very simple like one of the Alloys.
Seriously, do what you want, I'm here for support, but mostly for playtesting.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Snake... because of his useful articles? I don't know, but I really think Snake is cool, and if you have played a Metal Gear game you would know that. Anyways, it's you're project.

I would of suggested porting her over somone else, like Olimar (I think there was a code that got rid of the Pikmin, wasn't there) or, somthing very simple like one of the Alloys.
Seriously, do what you want, I'm here for support, but mostly for playtesting.
No, Snake because he is seriously lacking PSA/Import hacks.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
to get rid of Olimar, the Pikmin can just be shrunk to nothing during the animations, or you could just find the instance when they're called in PSA and delete the line. but then you'd have to get rid of the antenna ball glow (i think), and i'm not sure how to do that.

and it's not a good idea to replace the Alloys, because it requires extra codes to access them, and they're only half characters, they can't use specials, can't pick up items, can't grab ledges, can't swim....... etc. etc..

and why replace Snake? maybe some people think he's overpowered and can win too easily?
no, that's totally not my opinion at all... maybe. just a little then.
sometimes article replacement would be good, but i'm not sure if we can edit articles. i know that we can swap the models, but i'm not sure that we can edit them much beyond that. and if we can, i must have missed something.

and what TC said.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Overpowered, eh? Yeah, there is that too. And I'm sure said articles can be "removed" in PSA.
Yeah, but you don't have to use them.
See if this helps.

Code:
These are the articles that Snake has.

FitSnakeMotionEtc.pac:
- Mine
- Mortar
- Mortar Bullet
- RPG7
- Cypher
- C4/Butterfly C3
- C4 Switch
- Nikita
- Nikita Missle
- Grenade Pin

FitSnakeFinal.pac:
- Ladder
- Grenade Launcher
- Grenade Shell

FitSnake.pac:
- Mine dirt
That's a ton of useful articles, but they can be a pain when you don't know how to get rid of them. I think if you just delete the "Generate Article ID" line in PSA.

Too bad the rest of the characters don't have THAT MANY.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The other characters don't have that many due to the fact that they don't need them.

Like what would Marth do with the slots??

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Heres my opinion of Snake. Yes he is a sort of overpowered but if you played against him enough his attacks are very easy to dodge. Even his final smash.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
The hitstun is a mixed blessing to him.

If you wondered why his tilt hitboxes are absurd, they are there to protect him. Snake is the easiest humanshape character in the game to combo, and none of his aerials meet the definition of "Combo Breaker". This is his main weakness here and quite a big one. The behavior of the cypher doesn't help this situation either. You may not understand unless you play as him. O_O
^What you guys arn't noticing about Snake in regular Brawl, or Brawl+.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Can anybody fix my bone stretched to hell problem? Its got something to do with boneadder. Please help. Funky Kong and Rosalina.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Only forseeable fix I can think of is some insane hexing. Maybe it could be fixed through animations too. Besides, do the models work without adding bones?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Almost done with some more tabuu animations for ya TCR.
Oh, sweet. Thanks, dude. ^^ I'll take a look at them when you send them. I was gonna work on Rukia till you sent them to me but I can't since her bones are messed up. While I wait for Snoopy I'll continue on Tabuu as well.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
for all Brawl character models, the HipN in always 3 bones after the TransN. it always goes TransN, XRotN, YRotN, HipN. if you don't have the HipN in the proper index, then it will cause the throwing/being thrown problems you're having. since you're using Zelda over Diddy, rename Zelda's 7th bone (bone index 6) to HipN, and that will correct the problem.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
OOOOOOOOHHHHHH FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

one of my "friends" decided to grab my flash drive and reformat it. it had all of my favorite mods, and all of Clare's files... he hates the idea of me modding brawl the whole entire (leave a game alone in it's entirety) and started to cuss me out, and threw my wii on the ground.

it still works (thanks to a few hardware addons "shock absorbers")

but i have to rework on Clare

now what are you talking about?

just rename the HIPN bone to the 7nth bone???

or change it's index????

what of the other bone?

will it screw up animations?

And her HIPN bone is still in the proper place...

the third one after TRANSN bone.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
the HipN works exactly like the TransN, so however you fixed the TransN, do the same for the HipN.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
all you have to do is rename the bone, or fix the BoneRef in Tabuu.

Top Bottom