• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
My honest answer, no. You seem to bounce back and forth between multiple projects, not really committing to anything. You have been working on Hammer Bro for, what, two days now? There is nothing stopping you from dropping the project at any given point.

Of course don't get me wrong, I would love to see Hammer Bro. I would love to see ANY new characters. And don't let me discourage you either. Stick with it, and make it happen man.

On an unrelated note, I now have 100 posts. Huzzah.

EDIT: I originally said "You have been working on Primid for, what, two days now?"... You do not work on Primid. I do. I feel dumb.
1. Toads model wouldn't load on brawl so there was no way i could work on him or see progress

2.weavile only had t-stance so i had no anims even if i tried to add them in

3.Hammer Bro will be finished i asure u

4. i've only been model hacking for 4 days of course im gunna be noobish i dun kno how to add anims or even make them im a total noob i kno :( :( :( :urg:

btw this totally teared trough my self esteem and it discourged me but i will continue to make him

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
hammer bro has potential unlike the others

he actually does stuff lol

vid soon

also waluigi progress is getting better. tonights vid will be a lot better than last nights

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
1. Toads model wouldn't load on brawl so there was no way i could work on him or see progress

2.weavile only had t-stance so i had no anims even if i tried to add them in

3.Hammer Bro will be finished i asure u

4. i've only been model hacking for 4 days of course im gunna be noobish i dun kno how to add anims or even make them im a total noob i kno :( :( :( :urg:

btw this totally teared trough my self esteem and it discourged me but i will continue to make him
Don't. Stop feeling sorry for yourself because some random jerk on the internet told you he didn't think you would follow through on something. Do you have the capabilities? Clearly. Can you learn how to do more? Of course. Can you create a new character? Well that is up to you.

The main reason I didn't see any commitment from you was for one reason. Everyone else has looked at what they wanted to do, and set their goals on it. You on the other hand, have switched over through multiple projects, perhaps for the better, since I know that Toad does have few bones and animations, and I don't know much about Weavile myself. But if you are honestly ready to do this, then I will trust you, and I will wait patiently for you to finish.

Keep true to your word. If you need any help, just ask.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
thanyou has a very valid point saki f*xin rulz and he shoulda been a brawl character from the start Hammer Bro and Saki have potientionl byond others also driftloon and bublin because they really arent in brawl at all especially driftloon hes not even there at all he doesn't exsist in brawl

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Huh. I don't remember that new thing...

...Alternately, you could change the TransN translation to 0, and find the new bone that covers TransN's purposes... by which I mean you'd have to load up the regular Alloy's model that you have replaced, and find his TransN bone. Take note of the BoneIndex of your regular Alloy's TransN. Then, go back to your new model, and locate the bone whose BoneIndex matches your note. You can translate that bone as you please, and it will _actually_ move the character.

All of the above solutions also apply to ChiboSempai's problem.

EDIT: As a side-note, the reason (as some of you may deduce) that Hammer Bros. doesn't experience the walk glitch is most likely because the BoneIndex of his TransN happens to match the BoneIndex of the Alloy's TransN.
This method is the "new thing" I was talking about, and this is what I said a few pages back about happened when I used it:

I have half fixed the walk bug (what I forgot to do last time was recheck "Moves Character"). I used Eldiran's new method, and now he moves, but it is strange. When walking, he moves like normal for a second then quickly slows to a stop, then speeds up again. When running, he teleports from place to place. I would still like help, (especially from you, Eldiran) so can someone please PM me.
The above help is still needed...

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
they really arent in brawl at all especially driftloon hes not even there at all he doesn't exsist in brawl
Of course he's in Brawl, where do you think I got the model. Because he is so small, he is easily overlooked in the background of PKMN Stadium 2. I'll post a screenshot of where he is sometime tomorrow maybe.

I'm going to start redoing the OP now.

Oh dang it. Double post, sorry moderator.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
This method is the "new thing" I was talking about, and this is what I said a few pages back about happened when I used it:

The above help is still needed...
Ahh, okay. Sorry I missed that post. That sounds really weird. If you post up/send me a download for it, I'll take a look at it and see if I can find what's wrong.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Bummer about the edit...

Huh. I don't remember that new thing (I'd go a few pages back to look it up, but I should be writing an essay right now <.<)... but I bet that you tried to make that change before BrawlBox 0.60c came out. Try changing TransN to 0 with the new version of BrawlBox, and then adding the Character Momentum loop setup in PSA.

Alternately, you could change the TransN translation to 0, and find the new bone that covers TransN's purposes... by which I mean you'd have to load up the regular Alloy's model that you have replaced, and find his TransN bone. Take note of the BoneIndex of your regular Alloy's TransN. Then, go back to your new model, and locate the bone whose BoneIndex matches your note. You can translate that bone as you please, and it will _actually_ move the character.

All of the above solutions also apply to ChiboSempai's problem.

EDIT: As a side-note, the reason (as some of you may deduce) that Hammer Bros. doesn't experience the walk glitch is most likely because the BoneIndex of his TransN happens to match the BoneIndex of the Alloy's TransN.
Just about got it.

He runs now! He just sinks into the ground as he runs though. That shouldn't be hard to fix though.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I am currently in the process of rebuilding Primid. He is going to take over Meta Knight, because no one likes him anyways (Teehee, those who play hacked vBrawl, get owned!). Anyways, I'll let you guys know how that turns out, but I can't test him now.

I am starting to think we should maybe form a team. Although, we shouldn't be a team with huge specifications, but rather something that people can get into easily. It might just be pointless, but eh... I think I just want to be part of a club.

Hey, Shifter! Want to do me a favor? Put the possibility of Meta Knight in for Primid on the OP, and then under might be worked on, put ShyGuy Kart, since that is of some interest to me, and I might take it on as a side project.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I think I found the FitZakoboyMotion.pac's size limit: 680 KB DX

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Tsuyoshio's Hammer Bro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwnL30a38J4

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwnL30a38J4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwnL30a38J4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WALUIGI!

Video 1 (v.02) ... it froze though :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6419Q74NzsU

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6419Q74NzsU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6419Q74NzsU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Video 2 (v.02)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhJO1Hv341A

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QhJO1Hv341A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QhJO1Hv341A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Video 3 (v.02)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v9I4PELh7w

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7v9I4PELh7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7v9I4PELh7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

n64billy

Smash Ace
n64billy, working on Bulbin (Over Yellow Alloy)
Progress: Model has been swapped. Wait1, 2, and 3 are done (2 and 3 are just rough)

One the Walk, Run, Jump, and Fall animations are done, I'll start testing it.

I am currently in the process of rebuilding Primid. He is going to take over Meta Knight, because no one likes him anyways
You monster! Metaknight is my main! =O

Nice work on Hammer Bro! Looks great!

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Hammer bro actually looks kick ***. I shouldn't have doubted it. Waluigi is epic too. Can't wait to play as either.

I want someone to test something for me though. Mostly on Hammer Bro, since he may benefit from it. Open up his model, and all of his animations. Don't click on any animations, and keep him in T pose. Now, see if you can look through the list of bones, and find Yellow Alloy's.

If you can, try moving them to look more like Hammer Bro's bones. Then try running some of Yellow Alloys animations. If I am right, it should fix the skeleton. If not, eh.

EDIT: Totally lied there. I forgot that the game just replaces the bones, and tried to connect them.

SO! A possible fix to this problem may be to get a clean motion file, and without replacing the model, edit the T pose so that it is a bit more stretched out. Check the other animations, and make sure they get all stretched out too. Drop in your new model, and presto! In theory, this works. If anyone feels like testing it out, go for it.

SUPAH EDIT!: RIGHT! Totally forgot something! I picked up a little trick earlier today.

The T pose stance is GREAT for editing a model. Chibo, try something out for me, just for chuckles. Open up Waluigi and his motions and what not. I am not sure if he does have one, but find the bone on his tennis racket. Now look over to the animation bar, and change Scale X, Y, and Z to 0. The racket should go away. Save it and boot it up in Brawl. Waluigi should have no racket. If you really felt like it too, you could also make a character flat. Try playing around with it on different bones. Its fun!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't feel like testing it lol

plus im not too good at editing models yet and making custom animations, but il look into it in the future.

i should be finished all the walking and running problems for waluigi tomorrow, then il probably release the first downloadable pac of him

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I don't feel like testing it lol

plus im not too good at editing models yet and making custom animations, but il look into it in the future.

i should be finished all the walking and running problems for waluigi tomorrow, then il probably release the first downloadable pac of him
Alright then, can you send me a copy of him now? I want to make a racketless Waluigi.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i originally wanted him racketless, but decided to keep it on him as it opens up possibilities for a lot more attacks

if u wanna try and get rid of it to see what its like, it's on polygons 1 2 and 4 iirc

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
i originally wanted him racketless, but decided to keep it on him as it opens up possibilities for a lot more attacks

if u wanna try and get rid of it to see what its like, it's on polygons 1 2 and 4 iirc
While that is fine and dandy, I would rather not go through the trouble of getting a clean Zakoboy, and getting all of Waluigis stuff. Can you send me what you have please? You do know that you can later change the size of the racket back to normal on each animation, meaning you can have him with and without a racket whenever you want.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i had no idea, thatl be interesting to look into

just use the version i release tomorrow, im bout to go to sleep lol
and i wanna fix those last couple bugs b4 i give it to anyone

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
i had no idea, thatl be interesting to look into

just use the version i release tomorrow, im bout to go to sleep lol
and i wanna fix those last couple bugs b4 i give it to anyone
*Sigh* Fine... I should probably head to bed too. But tomorrow, Waluigi shall lose that pesky racket! And gain it when he feels like it!

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
thx for the comment about hammer bro thunderspam im gunna start fixing his anims tommorrow maybe get a full fledge moveset working im staying home tomorrow so i can get started early

TheComrade

Smash Rookie
I thought the bone scaling trick was already known (I mean, I thought that was one of the reasons scaling was included). It's really not much different from the way people had already been removing parts through the 0 scaling of vertices using a hex editor. The difference now is that it's easier and there is an improved degree of control.

Oh and both Hammer Bro and Waluigi look absolutely brilliant! I can't wait to see where they go from here.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
k i need help , what im trying to do right now is work on his running anim . K what im trying to do is make his run like squirtles side b move where hes in his shell runnin around and then when he stops he gets out of his shell ya kno so can anyone make that anim real quick i just wanna get him runnin i wanna get rid of his current run anim as quick as possible.

Btw hammer bro is usable in vs mode and other modes except subspace

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Well I finally figured out what I was doing wrong thanks to the cough cough helpful community.

So after I fiddle around with driving an iron poker through BrawlBox I'll get around to doing videos of Hammer Bro. and whatever else comes out. Kart Shy Guy's a maybe, too.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Hey thx id love to have more videos try doing some in versus if you goto page i think it was 27 well search 25-27 they have a video of hammer bro posted up look if ya want and i cant wait for kart shy guy to come out if hes a possibility

edit: it is page 25 there is no 27 lol i feel dumb

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok so Waluigi's Run Animation...

Last night I made the XRotN bone (the bone with the ID = to Red Alloys TransN bone) increase in Z Translation on each frame which is what got him to move in the first place. As you saw in last nights vid though, he still sinks in the ground (though at least he's not stuck). I'm assuming this has to do with XRotN's Y translation. At the moment it's at a steady 12.74. I tried changing it to 0 on all frames and previewed it in Brawl Box though it makes the Waluigi model even lower than it was before. Instead, I tried raising it up my double to 25.48 and the animation does rise up and look a bit better in Brawl Box. It's just that I'm at work without my Wii to test it at the moment. Does it seem like changing it to 25.48 will get rid of the sinking problem?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
EDIT: Something happened with the post and almost everything got deleted, so please remind me about your character if you still intend to complete it.
:confused:

If you accidentally deleted it from the post I can probably recover it for you brawlshifter :p

Also, I can't wait for Waluigi, looks epic

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman

bambam95

Smash Cadet
Ya I definitely will, but I have to find my brawl disc. My original stopped working, luckily I made a backup of it before that happened Just have to find the disc I backed it up on lol.

walter01

Smash Cadet
Today is December 3 2009, the 25th anniversary of Dragonball. To commemorate this fine day, I want to start making a kid Goku character. Seeing as how I'm not well versed with PSA or brawlbox (although I'm trying with brawbox) I will need a lot of help with this. In the future I hope to use a model and not just textures.

So far, all I have is a partial (and very basic) moveset in mind. Right now im thinking of using Ness as the base.

standard a combo: Rock scissors paper (Goku punches then pokes them in the eye before slapping them).

ftilt: a stronger punch (maybe Mario's Fsmash animation?)
dtilt: Goku sweeps his leg out and attempts to trip the opponent (med-high chance of tripping)
utilt: Goku gives a small jump and kicks upwards (like Falcon's usmash but with one leg)
dash: Goku dives forward in an attempt to head butt his opponent

special: kamehameha
uspecial: on the ground he extends his nyoibo/powerpole with one end on the ground to propel himself upwards, in the air he spins his tail like a helicopter to fly for a short amount of time.
dspecial: unknown

fsmash: swings his nyoibo/power pole forward with the beam sword effect (the longer you charge it the bigger it gets)
usmash/dsmash: unknown

final smash: Goku transforms into an Oozaru for a small amount of time, becoming much a lot bigger/stronger but losing any ability to recovery.

NOTE: THIS IS DRAGONBALL GOKU, HES STILL A KID AND CAN'T USE NEARLY AS MANY ATTACKS AS HE CAN IN DBZ!

I know some of this is not yet possible (tail and whatnot) but I hope to get this off the ground and started soon. any and all help/suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Sorry didn't wanna post that wall'o'text here, but the thread I made while hoping to get people to help was locked.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
How are people making un-playable characters playable? I know that you guys are taking alloys and putting pokemon and assist trophy models over them, or something... How are you gonna be able to use those characters later? Are you replacing already-playable characters, or just adding character slots?

This concept is very interesting to me, and I would very much like to understand what, exactly, you're doing here, and how one would do this.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
How are people making un-playable characters playable? I know that you guys are taking alloys and putting pokemon and assist trophy models over them, or something... How are you gonna be able to use those characters later? Are you replacing already-playable characters, or just adding character slots?

This concept is very interesting to me, and I would very much like to understand what, exactly, you're doing here, and how one would do this.
Replacing existing characters entirely. I'm not sure if you can add entirely new characters.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Right, as I assumed. How would one do this, or is the process too complicated to be put in a post?

As I think about it, don't spend time explaining it to me. As more characters are made, I'm sure I'll get my answers.

Top Bottom