• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
How come you didn't put that I am working on a bulblorb on the first post?
Done. Sorry about that.

Huh. When I try starfy the texture isn't changing. He still has the red alloy texture. Anyone know how to fix this.

Also: requesting to be added to first post :)
Added. About the texture, do you have both .pac and .pcs? Are they named correctly?

I'm new to this board and I'm working on Lyndis right now and I need some help on things. I'm not sure if this is the right board to ask but it relates to character creation and a little bit on brawlbox and smashattacks. I got her model working on Zakogirl. The trouble I'm having is getting her running right. She seems to lag at the end of the second step everytime so it looks awkward. I replaced her running with sheiks and copied almost everything exactly except for a few parts. I think running speed and animation is determined by TransN and some attribute details in smashattacks since that's what seems to make it move. Any help would be appreciated. And she is pretty tall and I think that's because of Zakogirl's size. To reduce her size, should I look at the FitZakogirl file or the texture file.

And giving alloys Special is possible right since their stuff is empty and you can just add it if you want right?

I uploaded her onto sendspace if someone wants to help test her out and comment.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3l2isq

Here's a pic of her running. It's not perfect yet since animating her skirt is still kind of weird
Specials cannot be given to Alloys yet. I'll add you to the OP. To reduce size, open the FitZakoGirl file in PSA and change the value in Attributes below weight.

Ok I've got an important code request...

You know how there's the code to enable the win and loss poses for Alloys?

Well, I'm sure it worked because the Alloys already have the Wins and Losses sub actions in their PAC as seen through PSA, but the game was never set to read it, which I'm assuming the code changes.

Well, the Alloys have a bunch of other things in their PAC as well that isn't enabled, such as all the subactions already setup for grabbing items, holding items, etc. While they don't have an animation for them in their Motion file (they didnt have wins or losses either), provided that you manually add one (what I did for wins and losses), can another code be made to enable some of these actions for Alloys?
-Everything to do with items (don't have to do every single one I suppose like the screw attack animation, but everything dealing with holding and throwing items, there's 35 of them iirc)
-Taunt up down and side
-His specials

For instance, I put a command in his neutral B action on PSA but when I go into the game and press B nothing happens. I'm not calling any routines which I thought wasn't the problem.

My idea to give him a "special" was I just have one line of code in my Down B and that is to go to SubAction39. I chose 39 because it was blank for Alloys. I think it had something to do with gliding originally, which he obviously doesn't need. Then to test a special in 39 I had him pull out an item (and I used a SpecialLw animation (that I inserted myself) on the subaction. Nothing happens though.
That's a great idea. If there are any code-makers who see this, can you please try to make this code, if its possible.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Anybody know how to maybe fix the running and jumping freezes for Pokemon Trainer? I've got no clue, which sucks because he can attack just fine, but as it stands he can't move at all unless smacked into the air...

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I'm fed up with the odd textures and no specials, ledgegrabbing, or shielding!

I'm going to try out the devil on non-alloy chars.
Oh, and how do you make model parts invisible until you tell them to be visible, like Lucas's stick or Pokemon Trainer's ball.

knux184

Smash Rookie

Oh, and how do you make model parts invisible until you tell them to be visible, like Lucas's stick or Pokemon Trainer's ball.
try putting what you want's X, Y, and Z at 0 then change them to the size you want for the attack.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
K i need help with tthat same invisible thing because im still trying to find a way to delete the arms and legs of hammer bro's for the shell spin when he is running

Razanak7

Smash Ace

There's an event for PSA that removes certain parts of a character's model. Link, for example, has two swords and shields, but the moveset tells him which ones to have out at what time.

Although I don't think that can apply to PT, as his moveset won't open with PSA, so the actually values are unknown. So, as was said before, the easiest way would be scale them down for animations where they aren't needed.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
K i need help with tthat same invisible thing because im still trying to find a way to delete the arms and legs of hammer bro's for the shell spin when he is running
I'm pretty sure Squirtle is the same size as Hammer Bro, so just use his animations on HB

brawlshifter

Smash Lord

Those are Articles, and are called from the Etc.pac, but what knux said should work. You can also manipulate the articles as you would a normal model, though. If you don't want the part you want to make invisible part of your body, you can make it an article. You're trying to make the bat form of the Devil invisible and visible at times, right? You could model swap it with an existing article and give it its existing animations and use PSA to make you invisible and call the article when you want to be in bat form.

Tsuyoshio: Try what I recomended to Mr. Weegee. Im not sure if you can do that but its worth a shot.
That should work.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Good news everyone!

After sitting around, failing at putting Primid on a real character, I decided to go to the Brawl Plus chatroom. And Guy (ThatGuyYouMightKnow) was hanging around. After talking quickly about stuff, he mentioned to me something incredible! When you open up a character PAC in Brawlbox, there is a file called "Miscdata" (Or something along those lines). This lovely file is the same one that SmashAttacks opens. Then Guy started talking to Shanus and Dantarion, and threw around a whole bunch of technical jargon I didn't really understand.

"Now what relevance does this have, Thunder?" You might be wondering. Well, if this file was perhaps changed, or swapped with another character's, then this might give Alloys all the abilities of a normal character. Meaning Alloys would no longer suck, and character making would lead to good times.

Anyways, just having me try to get this working is going to lead to failure. If you feel up to the challenge, try it out. If anyone has any more info, let me, and everyone else, know please.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Well, I certainly have confirmed that this little bit of information is true. I am currently looking at Red Alloy's PAC, but it is all of Mario's data. I am going to do a bit of testing, and tell you all how that works out.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Intresting data you have thunder it comepletely has my attention and im willing to try if i can get some help of course

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
There's an event for PSA that removes certain parts of a character's model. Link, for example, has two swords and shields, but the moveset tells him which ones to have out at what time.

Although I don't think that can apply to PT, as his moveset won't open with PSA, so the actually values are unknown. So, as was said before, the easiest way would be scale them down for animations where they aren't needed.
Do ya know the PSA code? because I don't want to scale down the bat for every subaction I don't want him in.

Those are Articles, and are called from the Etc.pac, but what knux said should work. You can also manipulate the articles as you would a normal model, though. If you don't want the part you want to make invisible part of your body, you can make it an article. You're trying to make the bat form of the Devil invisible and visible at times, right? You could model swap it with an existing article and give it its existing animations and use PSA to make you invisible and call the article when you want to be in bat form.
I've seen articles, and I don't think Lucas's bat is one. It's part of his model, like attached to his hand in every animation (when you preview in BrawlBox). I think PT works the same way, but I haven't checked to make sure.

And since the Devil I'm making is nothing like he is in his game (I wanted to take advantage of the fact that he has two models and make them like a tag team), I had a lot of animations in mind for the bat that would be simpler if it remained part of the Devil's model.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Intresting data you have thunder it comepletely has my attention and im willing to try if i can get some help of course
You are just going to have to fiddle with it. I have no idea what I am doing myself.

But what I did do was get a clean Mario PAC, then export his Miscdata, then I replaced Zakoboys. I am going to see if I can get Mario working on the Alloy.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Well, I certainly have confirmed that this little bit of information is true. I am currently looking at Red Alloy's PAC, but it is all of Mario's data. I am going to do a bit of testing, and tell you all how that works out.
You are a genius. (And ThatGuyYouMightKnow, Dantarion, and Shanus.) As long as it doesn't freeze the game, then you have saved the world of Model Swapping (kinda). All we would have to do if this works is find a way to do the same thing with the MotionEtc and we will have fully new fully new characters... (Yes, I meant to say that twice.)

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
If this works, Thunder, I will bear your children and love you forever
Um, no child bearing please and thank you. I am just testing it now. The only issue is that the filesize is nearly twice as large... But hopefully it still works.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I recall hearing of filesize increasing of that much causing game freezes.
I also recall a way for the file size to not increase in size.

so just hope to god it doesn't freeze so I don't have to look up that thread again.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
>:C

Alright, good news and bad news here. The bad news is, the game froze.

The good news? I made it past the SSS. The match began, it was against Peach, in Smashville. I got to see Peach say "Hi", but when it came to my Red Alloy Mario, the game utterly failed with utter failure. But I did not get a beep, which I found weird. I have multiple theories as to why it froze.

1. Graphics - It might not have been able to call upon Mario's tube. I'll delete this and try again.
2. SFX - The game might not have been able to call upon Mario's "LETSA GO!".
3. Brawl seriously hates me - Self explanatory. It likes watching me fail.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
>:C

Alright, good news and bad news here. The bad news is, the game froze.

The good news? I made it past the SSS. The match began, it was against Peach, in Smashville. I got to see Peach say "Hi", but when it came to my Red Alloy Mario, the game utterly failed with utter failure. But I did not get a beep, which I found weird. I have multiple theories as to why it froze.

1. Graphics - It might not have been able to call upon Mario's tube. I'll delete this and try again.
2. SFX - The game might not have been able to call upon Mario's "LETSA GO!".
3. Brawl seriously hates me - Self explanatory. It likes watching me fail.
Try Training Mode: there are no Entry's.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Alright then, I guess it isn't the animation.The issue here may stem from somewhere totally different. But just for fun, I am going to also put Mario's graphical effects into the files and see what happens. Perhaps Alloy's glowy effects are messing him up.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Alright then, I guess it isn't the animation.The issue here may stem from somewhere totally different. But just for fun, I am going to also put Mario's graphical effects into the files and see what happens. Perhaps Alloy's glowy effects are messing him up.
Wait, did you only modify the Character.pac, and not the Motion.pac? You might have to modify the Motion file, the normal .pacs are just Hitboxes, and not animations. Maybe the two are conflicting. What happened in-game? Did it freeze again the same way?

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Wait, did you only modify the Character.pac, and not the Motion.pac? You might have to modify the Motion file, the normal .pacs are just Hitboxes, and not animations. Maybe the two are conflicting. What happened in-game? Did it freeze again the same way?
Ok, so what I have done is essentially replaced Zakoboys PAC with Mario's, while still having it load on Zakoboy. I am also using Marios animations. I am currently testing what happens if I also import his graphics.

Even with the graphics, it froze the exact same way.

EDIT: Well, I am done for tonight... This is really starting to annoy me. I'll upload what I have to my mediafire (mediafire.com/Thunderspam), and if you feel like looking at it, go for it. I am going to bed.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Ok, so what I have done is essentially replaced Zakoboys PAC with Mario's, while still having it load on Zakoboy. I am also using Marios animations. I am currently testing what happens if I also import his graphics.

Even with the graphics, it froze the exact same way.
So, you replaced the Misc. Data in Zakoboy's pac and then what did you do to the Motion.pac? Don't tell me you just put Mario's Motion.pac in Zakoboy's folder...did you?

EDIT: Well, I am done for tonight... This is really starting to annoy me. I'll upload what I have to my mediafire (mediafire.com/Thunderspam), and if you feel like looking at it, go for it. I am going to bed.
Alright, I might take a look at it.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
So, you replaced the Misc. Data in Zakoboy's pac and then what did you do to the Motion.pac? Don't tell me you just put Mario's Motion.pac in Zakoboy's folder...did you?
Dude, clearly I renamed it. It works too, I checked beforehand, and it used all of Mario's animations fine (Except it froze on his jab combo since it tried to call on an animation that wasn't there).

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Dude, clearly I renamed it. It works too, I checked beforehand, and it used all of Mario's animations fine (Except it froze on his jab combo since it tried to call on an animation that wasn't there).
I knew you renamed it, I just was told that it doesn't work. I didn't know you tried it beforehand, though. Well, if that's not your problem, then I don't know what is. I just downloaded your files, I'll check them out right now.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
same problem happened to me hey btw do you know how to turn a side b move into a run anim

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
same problem happened to me hey btw do you know how to turn a side b move into a run anim
Aren't you making Hammer Bro. over an Alloy? Well, to answer your question, it would be the same thing as the answer to the walk bug: either add momentum in PSA or do the new thing Eldiran found out. I think there are many other ways, but the easiest might be character momentum.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Aren't you making Hammer Bro. over an Alloy? Well, to answer your question, it would be the same thing as the answer to the walk bug: either add momentum in PSA or do the new thing Eldiran found out. I think there are many other ways, but the easiest might be character momentum.
Yes how do i add momentum i've never done psa b4

Top Bottom