• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
The mech thing reminds me alot of Gurren Lagaan, Lagaan being the head that sticks out in the last pic and Gurren being the main body XD

I REALLY hope that's what you're making

Eldiran

Smash Lord
That is a super awesome guy, Razanak. I hope it works in Brawl! I am very much looking forward to 't.

Eldiran, any news on your Galleom, BTW?
I actually posted shortly before this with ill news -- I've resigned to dropping Galleom due to hurtbox problems. There's a .zip with his files all in it if you want to see how far I got.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I actually posted shortly before this with ill news -- I've resigned to dropping Galleom due to hurtbox problems. There's a .zip with his files all in it if you want to see how far I got.
Does it crash when you hit him?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Does it crash when you hit him?
Nah, he just has an absurdly small hurtbox that is on the upper right part of his butt. It's about the size of an uncharged superscope shot or less, to my reckoning. Which is too small to be reasonable.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Nah, he just has an absurdly small hurtbox that is on the upper right part of his butt. It's about the size of an uncharged superscope shot or less, to my reckoning. Which is too small to be reasonable.
So what's wrong? It's hard to change its size?

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Guys u kno when pharrox injector comes out IF! it comes out we will pretty much be able to make our own ssb4 right? also i really need help with coming out with some anims and also some running ugh its so frustrating workin on hammer bros but i have no choice a promise iz a promise but anyway if anyone could help me out that would be great

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Eldiran, I have the feeling you can shed some light on this situation; how did you get the PAC file so small? Even Roader, whom you would think has a fraction of the data of an Alloy, is 30 KB bigger, while your Galleom is over 100 KB smaller.

This problem also showed up with the mech dude. ROB has about twice as many bones as Samus, yet the file is still bigger; and believe it or not, I deleted the Gyro data, and it got even bigger.

That doesn't even seem logically possible.

Also, someone please give me some feedback on Roader's latest update.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Thats awesome Razanak! Is that the Wait1 or is that an entirely new character with animations and everything?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Eldiran, I have the feeling you can shed some light on this situation; how did you get the PAC file so small? Even Roader, whom you would think has a fraction of the data of an Alloy, is 30 KB bigger, while your Galleom is over 100 KB smaller.

This problem also showed up with the mech dude. ROB has about twice as many bones as Samus, yet the file is still bigger; and believe it or not, I deleted the Gyro data, and it got even bigger.

That doesn't even seem logically possible.

Also, someone please give me some feedback on Roader's latest update.
Are you certain you're reading the sizes right? Looking at my files, FitZakoChild00 with Galleom in it is .98 megs (1003 kb) whereas the original is 107 kb. The FitZakoChild.pac is 3 kb bigger, and my MotionEtc file went from 899 kb to 1.73 MB. Are we looking at the same Galleom?

I just figured the huge increase was because Galleom's model was much bigger. I assume most of the increases are because the Zakos' textures are very simple and don't consume much space, whereas Roader for example has detailed textures. I can't imagine how deleting things make the file bigger, though.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Are you certain you're reading the sizes right? Looking at my files, FitZakoChild00 with Galleom in it is .98 megs (1003 kb) whereas the original is 107 kb. The FitZakoChild.pac is 3 kb bigger, and my MotionEtc file went from 899 kb to 1.73 MB. Are we looking at the same Galleom?

I just figured the huge increase was because Galleom's model was much bigger. I assume most of the increases are because the Zakos' textures are very simple and don't consume much space, whereas Roader for example has detailed textures. I can't imagine how deleting things make the file bigger, though.
Hmm, it seems I did read it wrong. Either way, it still doesn't make sense. So it's actually bigger and it still works?

That's not very encouraging. :(

Although, I might've had a idea yesterday, but I don't know how relevant it is. Anyway, my brother, who knows programming like the back of his hand, tells me the only possible thing is that it's saving wrong. Now that got me thinking; I believe a while ago, someone said that Vista can affect Brawl Box. I have Windows 7 (not intentionally >_>), so is it possible 7 is affecting it? It wouldn't be the first thing wrong with it.

But again, I have no idea if this is even possible. But that's all it can be by my logic, I just checked my Rayquaza, and it's several hundred KBs bigger than the original.

... But if that was the case, then Rayquaza wouldn't have worked either...

This making my head hurt. :ohwell:

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
I tried making a model replacement of 2 other models. Nothing worked (other than my bulborb). Do I have to change the FitZakoChar.pac in any way?

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Here's a beta texture for the mech thing I posted last night. Right now it's pretty much just a recolour, but that's just until I come up with something better. The pics are also showing off the model a bit more too, including it's "secret weapon."

*looks at head placement and then legs* ....... OHHH I KNOW WHAT IT IS!! It's the thing from Robocop! Give me a second to look up the name...

EDIT: It's ED209, right?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hmm, it seems I did read it wrong. Either way, it still doesn't make sense. So it's actually bigger and it still works?

That's not very encouraging. :(

Although, I might've had a idea yesterday, but I don't know how relevant it is. Anyway, my brother, who knows programming like the back of his hand, tells me the only possible thing is that it's saving wrong. Now that got me thinking; I believe a while ago, someone said that Vista can affect Brawl Box. I have Windows 7 (not intentionally >_>), so is it possible 7 is affecting it? It wouldn't be the first thing wrong with it.

But again, I have no idea if this is even possible. But that's all it can be by my logic, I just checked my Rayquaza, and it's several hundred KBs bigger than the original.

... But if that was the case, then Rayquaza wouldn't have worked either...

This making my head hurt. :ohwell:
Hmm. Maybe it's just not the size that is causing the problem? Perhaps the bone structure or something else? Also, I doubt that merely having Windows 7 would cause BrawlBox to glitch your files -- at worst, the program itself would just not work. I know models didn't display for me until I disabled Aero style on my Vista computer.

Honestly I bet your problem (which crashing when your robot is loaded, right?) is more likely due to how Brawl is interpreting your files. Either an animation is bugging out, or something else involving the bones is glitching out. Perhaps it's trying to attach an article to a nonexistent bone? In fact, that could easily be the problem with many of the model swaps going on...

@phantomphungus: I just thought it was supposed to be a cool-looking thing.

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I'm putting a model over zakochild.... do I have to do anything to the Fitchild.pac file?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
*looks at head placement and then legs* ....... OHHH I KNOW WHAT IT IS!! It's the thing from Robocop! Give me a second to look up the name...

EDIT: It's ED209, right?
As I've said before, it isn't from anything in particular. Any resemblance to something else is a coincidence.

Although I do plan to base it's moveset off various abilities other mechs have had over the years. In this case, suggestions are welcome.

The only things certain right now are it's B, and it's name:

The C.O.G. - Cybernetic Omega Golem. Awww yeeeeaaaaahhh.

Honestly I bet your problem (which crashing when your robot is loaded, right?) is more likely due to how Brawl is interpreting your files. Either an animation is bugging out, or something else involving the bones is glitching out. Perhaps it's trying to attach an article to a nonexistent bone? In fact, that could easily be the problem with many of the model swaps going on...
I don't think it would be an article, as I'm pretty sure if that were the case, it would only crash if you tried to use that article. Not to mention it wouldn't explain the Alloy freezes, as they don't have any articles.

It's kind of strange... the models that work seem to be totally random; as far as I can tell, there's nothing different between them and the ones that don't work... other than the obvious fact that they work.

(later...)

Oh my god, I think I found something.

All characters seem to have the section ModelData[10] in their file. Looking at the names of the bones, this is clearly the character's T-stance. Now, the bones here are clashing with the bones of the edited model. Maybe that's why Roader and C.O.G. don't work; they have less bones, and therefore it doesn't know what to do with all the extra data from the now nonexistent bones. It kind of ties in with what someone said about the bone TransN a while ago. Maybe this has been the problem all along...

I'm going to try this out ASAP.

... Tomorrow. After school.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Well, the articles could possibly crash immediately if a nonexistent bone is referenced. It depends on how Brawl does things. But I do know the bone reference is in the FitChar.pac file, so it might crash as soon as that is loaded... but it doesn't explain Alloys, no.

Oh my god, I think I found something.

All characters seem to have the section ModelData[10] in their file. Looking at the names of the bones, this is clearly the character's T-stance. Now, the bones here are clashing with the bones of the edited model. Maybe that's why Roader and C.O.G. don't work; they have less bones, and therefore it doesn't know what to do with all the extra data from the now nonexistent bones. It kind of ties in with what someone said about the bone TransN a while ago. Maybe this has been the problem all along...

I'm going to try this out ASAP.

... Tomorrow. After school.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but ModelData[10] is the character's shadow. However, it could still be a possible cause of crashes.

EDIT: By the way, do you have a download link for your Roader costume file? I'm curious why there are crashes and I wanted to look into it.

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
PLEASE ANSWER ME!

Guys, I'm putting a model over zakochild.... do I have to do anything to the Fitzakochild.pac file?

n64billy

Smash Ace
PLEASE ANSWER ME!

Guys, I'm putting a model over zakochild.... do I have to do anything to the Fitzakochild.pac file?
Unless you're making a new PSA, not for the moment. No.

Progress on Bulbin
Close to none. I haven't worked on him much, but I'm having trouble testing him as he's not playable for me (Lost my NTSC copy of Brawl, and using Dolphin which doesn't support any Ocarina).

I've been trying to look at the timing of his jumps , but until I can get a way to play as Bulbin I'm pretty much stuck for testing and fine tuning things.

Does anyone know if there are PAL versions of all of the codes needed to play as Alloys? (Might be hard seeing as not even the File Replacement code has been updated lately)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
PLEASE ANSWER ME!

Not in order to change the model. There may well be changes necessary to fix crashes, however. I couldn't tell you what those changes might be.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
By the way guys, I sort of had this idea that I have been playing around with in my head, and I wanted to know what you guys thought. I sort of want to create a Brawl Machinima, but instead of the usual stuff that everyone does, I thought that maybe I could do it using some of our characters. Specifically, I want to make it based around the lower ranks of the Subspace army, but of course other characters are welcome. If you want to get in on this project, or have anything to contribute, feel free to PM me. This is just an idea mind you. I may or may not go through with it.

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
Okay, when I did my bulborb, I got it right, the very first time. Now when ever I try to load my tingle. I get the beep sound. Can someone try the pacs themselves and tell me if it works, and maybe check my pacs/pcs files to see if they are alright? Thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/?wymgm33o4wu

n64billy

Smash Ace
Yep. Crashed as soon as he tried to spawn. It gave the same error that I got with my Bulbin. The problem was a screwed up Motion file. I'll try something out quickly =]

EDIT: Still no luck... Sorry I couldn't help =(

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
Yep. Crashed as soon as he tried to spawn. It gave the same error that I got with my Bulbin. The problem was a screwed up Motion file. I'll try something out quickly =]
The motion file is just the zakoboy file with the wait1, wait2, and wait3 replaced. Tell me if you find anything wrong. Thanks :D

humble

Smash Ace
Quick question- the pokemon trainer on page 45, I want to test it out but who does it go over/which alloy?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Sorry to burst your bubble, but ModelData[10] is the character's shadow. However, it could still be a possible cause of crashes.

EDIT: By the way, do you have a download link for your Roader costume file? I'm curious why there are crashes and I wanted to look into it.
Well then... I'll try it anyway. At this point, I'll try anything.

And here's Roader's files:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11/2/2170666/FitZakoChild00.pac

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11/2/2170666/FitZakoChildMotion.pac

By the way guys, I sort of had this idea that I have been playing around with in my head, and I wanted to know what you guys thought. I sort of want to create a Brawl Machinima, but instead of the usual stuff that everyone does, I thought that maybe I could do it using some of our characters. Specifically, I want to make it based around the lower ranks of the Subspace army, but of course other characters are welcome. If you want to get in on this project, or have anything to contribute, feel free to PM me. This is just an idea mind you. I may or may not go through with it.
I would like to see that. I'm doing something similar with my current one, especially if I can get my mech working.

I've said it multiple times but apparently nobody hears me, it's for Yellow Alloy.
Some people tend to get wrapped up in their own world, and miss details like that pertaining to someone else's trials. I know I've done it a few times.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
If anyone cares to help out, here is a list of characters I want to potentially use in a Machinima. So if you want to help out, go for it.

Characters that are in Production
-Primid (Thunderspam)
-Roader (Razanak7)

Characters I would like to have
High priority
-Poppant (The guys who's pants are filled with candy)
-Nagog (Big round burly dudes that transform (Just need the smaller one))
-Bombed (The guy that throws his head at people)

Others
-Armank
-Borboras
-Buckot
-Feyesh
-Greap
-Mite
-Puppit
-Shaydas

I know that is a lot, and I don't plan on getting all of them, but if anyone has any interests, it would be a great help. If not, I will just do a portion of them myself. Also, Razanak, I hope you don't mind if I use Roader possibly if I do plan on this stuff. Kthnx!

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I can try Mite, Nanog and Bombed (Assuming no one is doing Bombed, as I think someone said they were going to a while back.) as it seems I can't really get any where with Saki for now, I'll need some more PSA experience to fix up his neutral A attack. Btw: Where would I find the SSE enemies on the ISO? Can they be found in each stage, or are they all compressed together somewhere.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I can try Mite, Nanog and Bombed (Assuming no one is doing Bombed, as I think someone said they were going to a while back.) as it seems I can't really get any where with Saki for now, I'll need some more PSA experience to fix up his neutral A attack. Btw: Where would I find the SSE enemies on the ISO? Can they be found in each stage, or are they all compressed together somewhere.
They are on each stage, except for Primid, and Aroros, or whatever that bird is called.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
I think i can do Puppit, Barboas(Guy that looks like a monster trumpet) and Shaydas because i've really wanted him as a playable and if i have time ill do poppant if no one else is doing it . Like thanyou i also need some psa experiance which i do not have so yup ^^ i need to know where they are at also i think the machinima should be like this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHWfGVt99qU

This would be an awsome way to display our subspace characters

can someone maybe post a link or somthing for them i can find them myself when i open them inn brawlbox i just have no idea what those #'s mean

Top Bottom