• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
This guy posted a thread for a Dry Bones PSA: here
Yoshi... ain't falco. Koopa troopa texture? Dry Bones is probably my most wanted for SSB4 so I had to make this. The thread got locked so...

wombo combo

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Guise, a super btw. My Machinima is coming along, and I have a handful of characters I am going to be using for the first episode or two. Sora Master and I are going to be voicing the main protagonists, but I still need some other voice actors. I am not going to give you the details right now about them, but if you feel like trying out, you can do two things.

Send me a Youtube vid or something with your voice in it.

OR add me on Skype. My name is Thunderspam as usual, so feel free. I will tell you more details then, and you can try out. You may need to try out more than once too, since I have to run it past Sora.

So far the characters I have working are: Primid (Duh), Nagagog, Feyesh, Armight, and Teckin. I am trying to get Auroros working now.
Just so you know, I got Shaydas (big awesome-looking ghost thing with scythes) working on Green Alloy.

You can go ahead and scratch Goroh off the list. He freezes and has less bones than any of the alloys so....yea.
O.K.

This guy posted a thread for a Dry Bones PSA: here
Yoshi... ain't falco. Koopa troopa texture? Dry Bones is probably my most wanted for SSB4 so I had to make this. The thread got locked so...

wombo combo
Nice. You working on him with Pikazz, or not.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I just really like Dry Bones and thought Yoshi didn't do him justice. This doesn't really either. I'd have to do some scaling adjustments and fix the texture a bit. I haven't decided if I want to do it.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Meta Ridley

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FNX91KRZ
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T4W0UQGX
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M8G1Q677
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XDV9O9UX

Hopefully megaupload didn’t alter anything. The only animations I altered were wait 1, 2, and 3. Wait 1 and 2 were Meta Ridleys wait animations, and wait 3 I used an attack start animation that fit in well. I didn’t notice any freezes when I tested it, but it needs to be resized and given different animations, it still feels like blue alloy (which makes for some weird model alterations during some animations like walking, jumping, etc.) Aside from the animations and model, it hasn’t been touched, so it has the walk bug, and floats over the stage when it walks and attacks. I know there are fixes to those issues, but I myself aren’t familiar with them. Anything else you need help with, pm me or find some way to let me know. Im new to this, but ill do what I can to help out.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Okay, I don't get it. I Changed the size of red alloy to 1 (instead of the preset 1.3) in PSA, put the FitZakoBoy.pac in the correct place on the SD. When the game loads him I get a freeze.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Meta Ridley

Hopefully megaupload didn’t alter anything. The only animations I altered were wait 1, 2, and 3. Wait 1 and 2 were Meta Ridleys wait animations, and wait 3 I used an attack start animation that fit in well. I didn’t notice any freezes when I tested it, but it needs to be resized and given different animations, it still feels like blue alloy (which makes for some weird model alterations during some animations like walking, jumping, etc.) Aside from the animations and model, it hasn’t been touched, so it has the walk bug, and floats over the stage when it walks and attacks. I know there are fixes to those issues, but I myself aren’t familiar with them. Anything else you need help with, pm me or find some way to let me know. Im new to this, but ill do what I can to help out.
Are you sure you sent the right files? I'm getting the generic blue alloy, here..

EDIT: Forgive me, seems it's my own ineptitude again...gotta go change my codeset.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I can't get the Gray Fox's model to load on the red or blue alloys.
I'm trying to get it to load over the blue alloy and It isn't loading. No screech of death but it freezes.

Anyone know the solution to my problem?

Until then, I'll just do animations in BrawlBos.

Here's some simple recolors I did of GF.
A lot of us who have tried Gray fox couldn't get him to load for some reason. If you load him through Training Mode, you'll be able to load him but the game will freeze after Gray Fox falls off his angelic platform. I don't know what the problem is...

Something Interesting: I've tried replacing his Wait1 with any other animation, he'll perform it repeatedly on the angelic platform so there's really no problem with him doing certain animations.

joem3693

Smash Apprentice
can anyone put up a download for the pcs of every alloy and a custom CSS that would give me all the alloys?

n64billy

Smash Ace
I tried renaming the bones for Bulbin, but the layout is different (Missing a few bones, but also has a few random extras) and whenever trying to arrange them in the right order, Bulbin turns into a giant ball of mess with his head sticking out. Ideas?

(And don't tell me that renaming bones will not work, because I can see the animation happening, they're all just rotating in strange and wondering angles.)

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Meta Ridley

Those files haven't been altered, they're still the normal Blue Alloy.

Maybe you just sent the wrong file by mistake?

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone keep asking how may bones the ATs have?
Kalmar, Eldiran came up with a THEORY that models would not work if they did not have more bones than the original model. For the most part, this does prove true, but there are a few exceptions, making his theory false. Still, we are trying to find the exact connection, since the bone number seems to be the constant variable.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Here's all the fighters with less than 50 bones:
48 - Pikachu
46 - Olimar
48 - Pokemon Trainer
47 - Squirtle
46 - Popo
48 - Samus
34 - Green Alloy
34 - Red Alloy
34 - Yellow Alloy
39 - Blue Alloy

I swapped Hammer Bro (32 bones) over Yellow Alloy (34). I might do some testing later to see if I can find a better pattern.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Just a correction. Gray Fox has 28 bones if you include things like ThrowN and TransN.

Anyway, his model does not load on any of the Alloys.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this falls into the requirements of a "Fully new character", But I am working on a Baby Mario character using BigSharkZ's Model Size Modifier code. Would this be counted as a Completely new character? He will have some custom animations, in case you're wondering.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I am working on a full new character
Dry bones

the animations are not complete yet
what do you think?

AND I gave him wings and I thought it was pretty cool

but ****, I saw Super Sonic made a paratroopa

my fault, sorry

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Kalmar, Eldiran came up with a THEORY that models would not work if they did not have more bones than the original model. For the most part, this does prove true, but there are a few exceptions, making his theory false. Still, we are trying to find the exact connection, since the bone number seems to be the constant variable.
I'd like to clarify my theory; specifically, I expect that one of the BoneIndexes on the Alloys is treated by the game as essential, and thus, anything replacing the alloy must have a BoneIndex of that value. Effectively, there may be a minimum number of bones required. So far, assuming Grey Fox is suffering from the same problem as everyone else with low bone numbers, we are up to 28 bones required so far. (Thanks for the info EternalYoshi)

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I don't know if this falls into the requirements of a "Fully new character", But I am working on a Baby Mario character using BigSharkZ's Model Size Modifier code. Would this be counted as a Completely new character? He will have some custom animations, in case you're wondering.
Not really, because like 5 people already made him in PSA Movesets and codes and other ways, and he is not a model swap.

I am working on a full new character
Dry bones

the animations are not complete yet
what do you think?

AND I gave him wings and I thought it was pretty cool

but ****, I saw Super Sonic made a paratroopa

my fault, sorry
Are you still going to make him?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Can I have some Meta-Ridley pics, if any of you guys are available? Not demanding them, you don't need to.

EDIT:

Not really, because like 5 people already made him in PSA Movesets and codes and other ways, and he is not a model swap.
Really? People have made PSAs for him? Link/Pics or it didn't happen.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
I dont know how to convert snapshots to pc :/ if someone could put some up itd be appreciated, but no worries. Once Razanak fixes it up ill get pics of that one.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! Ive been testing it a lot, and so far zero freezes. It can even grab and pummel without any issues outside of the floating and garbled blue alloy animations.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I'd like to clarify my theory; specifically, I expect that one of the BoneIndexes on the Alloys is treated by the game as essential, and thus, anything replacing the alloy must have a BoneIndex of that value. Effectively, there may be a minimum number of bones required. So far, assuming Grey Fox is suffering from the same problem as everyone else with low bone numbers, we are up to 28 bones required so far. (Thanks for the info EternalYoshi)
I just tested Hammer Bro on every character except G&W, Giga Bowser, Pokemon Trainer, and Wario Man. The only ones that didn't freeze are the Red and Yellow Alloys. Each of them have 34 Bones, Dry Bones Hammer Bro has 32 bones.

Odd phenomenon:
I just tried removing a bone to see if it would still work. For Hammer Bro, BoneIndex 0 is TopN, 30 is RHaveN, and 31 is ThrowN. I tried deleted ThrowN and saved it as something else. When I opened it again there was a second TopN in place of where ThrowN was previously. Started over, deleted RHaveN, saved as something else, opened it. ThrowN was now sitting in place of what was previously RHaveN and TopN filled ThrowN's old space. (these didn't crash in brawl)

So if you have this:
1-2-3-4

Delete 2, you'll get this:
1-3-4-1

I just tried removing 2 bones at once... the results are strange - I don't see how it chose which bones to duplicate. Anyhow, you can't actually delete bones with BrawlBox.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I just tested Hammer Bro on every character except G&W, Giga Bowser, Pokemon Trainer, and Wario Man. The only ones that didn't freeze are the Red and Yellow Alloys. Each of them have 34 Bones, Dry Bones has 32 bones.
Wow, thanks! That helps. But wait -- so, it didn't work for Green Alloy? That is odd, because Green also has 34 bones.

EDIT: Huh, that's interesting and weird. I didn't know deleting didn't work.

@brawlshifter: It's quite possible.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Sounds like you guys are workin' on non-alloy chars. Not to be too much off -topic, but...

I think Angelglory fixed the texture problem. Check back a page or so.
Looked through the last 5 pages or so. Couldn't find it.

Because when you set the character to that state (which is to say, in the air), the game thinks "he's no longer on the ground, but he is doing a move that requires him to be on the ground, so I will stop the move."
Well, the animation works fine, it's just that if a hitbox hits the opponent, the animation just...stops.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Looked through the last 5 pages or so. Couldn't find it.
Not sure what this is about, I've never had any texture problems nor fixed any.

EDIT: Anyway,

Pokemon Trainer's newest move:
F-Smash: Spins and smacks enemies with his backpack.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Well, the animation works fine, it's just that if a hitbox hits the opponent, the animation just...stops.
Oh. That's very weird... the only way I'd know of that that would happen is if the hitlag multiplier on the hitbox is enormous and absurd.

joem3693

Smash Apprentice
I was doing the guy from golden sun and i wanted to know how can I add more moves besides the moves that he has in his animations?

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Either take animations from another character or make some in brawlbox.

MasterScrub

M O N A D O B O Y S
NNID
MasterScrub
Me and my friend are working on Knuckle Joe over Green Alloy, and Isaac over Blue Alloy. Isaac may change, though. All we've done so far is replace the models, but as soon as our finals are done with (some time around next week most likely), we're gonna start messing with their moves and whatnot.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Oh. That's very weird... the only way I'd know of that that would happen is if the hitlag multiplier on the hitbox is enormous and absurd.
oh, by "stops", I meant "cancels", like it just ends.

Well, what code did you use to get the animations to work?

I used (in smashes, where it happens, but they're the only thing i've used the code in):

change subaction

Then, in that new subaction:

0E080100: 0-5
set air/ground: undefined (10)
then the normal routine

Top Bottom