• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Not sure what this is about, I've never had any texture problems nor fixed any.
Oh yeah, it was thanyou, sorry. Here's what he said:

2. I took Eldiran's advice by inserting the textures in manually to the existing Texture data Brres, but it actually didn't help, and is what caused the ****ed up texture, so I just replaced his whole texture data with Nagog's, which fixed it, but you can only be blue for some reason, not red, or yellow, I might look into it. Probably not tho.
I might be misunderstanding all of this, though.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Haven't been here in a while, so here's what I'm up to...

Roader: Working on the aerials. Down and forward air are done. 3 palette swaps done; white, blue and green. Haven't done anything with the model in a while, though.

Meta Ridley: Attempted to fix his animations. It did not work. However, I did fix a problem with the textures. I haven't tested the Blue Alloy one yet, as I don't have time.

COG: Model for ROB version crashes, but animations work; animations for Samus version crashes. I might have a way to fix the model swap.

Other: Attempting to swap Marth's B sword glow with Charizard for a moveset; model works, aside from a few bones placed incorrectly, but it uses Marth's hair for a texture. No idea why.

Alright, that covers it. I did other stuff too, but that's not relevant to the topic.

Also, Eldiran: I have a few questions about PSA. If you would be willing to help, I'll send a PM.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Also, Eldiran: I have a few questions about PSA. If you would be willing to help, I'll send a PM.
Please do. PSA is what I know most about. (And I finally got around to emptying my PM Inbox so now I can fit new messages!)

EDIT: Though I may be sluggish in responding 'cuz I ought to be working right now.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Eldiran, is there any way to modify bone index's, because I would love to test this out, since it wouldn't really change a whole lot. Srsly, Poppant needs to be made.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Eldiran, is there any way to modify bone index's, because I would love to test this out, since it wouldn't really change a whole lot. Srsly, Poppant needs to be made.
Here is everything I have gathered on the subject.

For anyone else that wants to know, just load the model into a hex editor, go to the mdl0 offset of the bone, convert the bone parent offset to hex (with it being negative it will be something like FFFF**
find that and change it, it should only be 3 bytes long i believe
That also sounds very, very useful. Did you say earlier that you were also able to find and change BoneIndex? I couldn't find any such post in the past 8 pages or so.
Yes. it's the same basic technique as changing the parent bone, but search for the bone index value instead. (ytou may want to search in a few bones so you know it's not just a value that happens to be the same if that makes sense)

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Can someone explain the negative hex thing? The only thing I can imagine he means is 01 = +1 and FFFF01 = -1. Is that correct? What is 3 bytes long?

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Random question: what SSE file is plain Ridley in? Id rather not sift through hundreds of files if possible.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Can someone explain the negative hex thing? The only thing I can imagine he means is 01 = +1 and FFFF01 = -1. Is that correct? What is 3 bytes long?
I might be crazy, but isn't FFFF01 = 16,776,961. I don't know a whole lot about hex, but I can convert it... (Lemme know if my math is wrong)

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
2. I took Eldiran's advice by inserting the textures in manually to the existing Texture data Brres, but it actually didn't help, and is what caused the ****ed up texture, so I just replaced his whole texture data with Nagog's, which fixed it, but you can only be blue for some reason, not red, or yellow, I might look into it. Probably not tho.
I tried that, and it didn't work. Although the wording was confusing. Can someone explain this again?

Oh, and what bone is the opponent attached to when they're grabbed? For the Devil, they didn't follow the ThrowN bone.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I might be crazy, but isn't FFFF01 = 16,776,961. I don't know a whole lot about hex, but I can convert it... (Lemme know if my math is wrong)
FFFF01=16,776,961. You are correct. Wait, can you convert it without a calculator?

EDIT: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF is -1, so you were way off AMKalmar.

EDIT2: WTF? I'm using that windows calculator thing, and I typed -1 in decimal. Then, I switched it to hex, and it was the previous number. Then, I switched it back, and it was 18446744073709551615.

frogpony

Smash Rookie
ummm i'm working on replacing pikachu, except what bones would i remove/edit to get rid of JUST the tail?

everything i try just turns the tail into an infinitely long line...

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
FFFF01=16,776,961. You are correct. Wait, can you convert it without a calculator?

EDIT: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF is -1, so you were way off AMKalmar.

EDIT2: WTF? I'm using that windows calculator thing, and I typed -1 in decimal. Then, I switched it to hex, and it was the previous number. Then, I switched it back, and it was 18446744073709551615.
Well, I googled and found this yesterday: http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=157612

Yes, I know how hex works, I know FFFF01 is not normally negative. No combination of digits would normally be negative, but it appears that the program may be told to read groups of bits differently than what you would normally expect.

This one's more helpful: http://www.vb-helper.com/tutorial_twos_complement.html
I still don't know how Brawl reads negatives.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
just because I saw super sonic is making paratroopa I dont make my dry bones anymore. why is I dont want to be a thief ;_;
but anyway, I am making 2 new fully characters instead (and I hope this time nobody is making them and I missed it)

its weavile and wobbafett x3
weavile is replacing yellow alloy and wobbafett is replacing green alloy
only the models is finish, not they animations

humble

Smash Ace
Well good luck to you pika, more characters are always appreciated. Just curious, how many bones do they have?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
To whomever created the Meta Ridley on Blue Alloy (I forget your name), allow me to be the first to say...

OMFGHAX IT WORKS

*Ahem.*

Now then. Considering it now bumps Meta Ridley far closer to completion than either Roader or COG (assuming my animations will work), I will be resuming production of Meta Ridley.

But again, that's only if they work. I don't want to get hopes too high.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Great! If its alright can we be considered a team? i can work with brawlbox but i fail at psa and making animations @.@ I have walking animations working but it looks strange without a turning animation. and hes huge, cant forget that xD I have a ton of ideas for this, its gonna be great. pm me with your AIM or MSN and we'll talk more on it.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Great! If its alright can we be considered a team? i can work with brawlbox but i fail at psa and making animations @.@ I have walking animations working but it looks strange without a turning animation. and hes huge, cant forget that xD I have a ton of ideas for this, its gonna be great. pm me with your AIM or MSN and we'll talk more on it.
A team, eh? I don't see why not. Also, the size in a non-issue...

I made him a little bigger since this picture, but you get the idea. I also gave him 10 jumps for now, but depending on his balance later on, it will probably change.

The only notable problems with the model is his only collision is his torso. Then again, that was his weak point in Metroid Prime 1, so it's not too big of a deal. Besides, I might be able to make it bigger.

There's a number of other things I have planned, but those will become apparent later on. Assuming the animations work, of course.

Also, PMing my MSN now.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
For anyone else that wants to know, just load the model into a hex editor, go to the mdl0 offset of the bone, convert the bone parent offset to hex (with it being negative it will be something like FFFF**
find that and change it, it should only be 3 bytes long i believe
Could you explain in more detail how to convert a negative decimal number to hex?
im not exactly sure, but i guess and check by saying that FFFFFF is -1, and FFFFFE is -2, FFFFD is -3 and so on
So... negative numbers...

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Having a team is a bad idea. I admit, we may be a little bit messy, and it would be great to have our own section on the forums (Seriously, PSA and Brawlbox are growing. It should happen(Even our own FORUMS would be nice)), but closing ourselves from new people and new ideas isn't cool. If that happens, then I see that as a possibility for the number of Brawlboxers to decline.

I think it is better if we keep it open concept, and allow new people to try things out and ask for help.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Guy, Leaf, and myself are currently working on replacing the Blue Alloy with Isaac. If anybody wants to help us with some Brawlbox related issues (Moving the parental bone structure, getting movement to work properly), it would be much appreciated.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Well look who stopped taking orders from people, and jumped out of the assist trophy! Isaac!

Here he is!

In assorted colors too!
Not much else to post yet, but I plan on making a new moveset for him, and any help offered would be cool

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Oh, yeah, you know how you guys are workin' on getting stage (or trophy & item) models to be chars?
I got a cool, unrelated idea! (if nobody's done it yet)

We could work backward and change stage parts into chars!
for example, smashville being filled with captain falcon, or the tree in Green Greens being replaced with...uh...Mario?

anyway, I might try this, but that's kinda off topic.

For the Devil, I've finished all of the animations!
Now, It's on to PSA.
The only problems are: when I grab, the opponent isn't being held by the ThrowN bone, and the texture still doesn't work (I also tried what Thanyou said).

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Aww, I was gonna call dibs on Weavile =.=

Mind if I reserve Meowth then? Before I can work on it though, anyone know how to rename bones? All of Meowth's bones are in japanese, so no one's animations work on him.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Awesome Isaac!

@Mr. Weegee: What was the BoneIndex of the ThrowN of the character you are replacing? The bone with that BoneIndex is the one the character is most likely following.

humble

Smash Ace
Having a team is a bad idea. I admit, we may be a little bit messy, and it would be great to have our own section on the forums (Seriously, PSA and Brawlbox are growing. It should happen(Even our own FORUMS would be nice)), but closing ourselves from new people and new ideas isn't cool. If that happens, then I see that as a possibility for the number of Brawlboxers to decline.

I think it is better if we keep it open concept, and allow new people to try things out and ask for help.
haha thunder I think you misunderstood him. He just wants to have a two man team to work on ridley together, not an official model making team.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Oh, yeah, you know how you guys are workin' on getting stage (or trophy & item) models to be chars?

for example, smashville being filled with captain falcon, or the tree in Green Greens being replaced with...uh...Mario?

anyway, I might try this, but that's kinda off topic.

For the Devil, I've finished all of the animations!
Now, It's on to PSA.
The only problems are: when I grab, the opponent isn't being held by the ThrowN bone, and the texture still doesn't work (I also tried what Thanyou said).
Funny story, i've done this. I replaced knuckles, tails and silver, all with Captain Falcon! one runs, one drives the invisible boat mobile, and one slides throught thinking "show me your moves" XD

@ .Fade: just right click the bones out of the model editor, and click rename

humble

Smash Ace
Funny story, i've done this. I replaced knuckles, tails and silver, all with Captain Falcon! one runs, one drives the invisible boat mobile, and one slides throught thinking "show me your moves" XD
Someone replace Smashville people all with the piggy from Tlinks win animation- it would be hilarious.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
To whomever created the Meta Ridley on Blue Alloy (I forget your name), allow me to be the first to say...

OMFGHAX IT WORKS

*Ahem.*

Now then. Considering it now bumps Meta Ridley far closer to completion than either Roader or COG (assuming my animations will work), I will be resuming production of Meta Ridley.

But again, that's only if they work. I don't want to get hopes too high.
Great! I would recommend testing right away.

The only notable problems with the model is his only collision is his torso. Then again, that was his weak point in Metroid Prime 1, so it's not too big of a deal. Besides, I might be able to make it bigger.
Can't be done. That's why Eldiran stopped working on Galleom.

Well look who stopped taking orders from people, and jumped out of the assist trophy! Isaac!

Here he is!

In assorted colors too!
Not much else to post yet, but I plan on making a new moveset for him, and any help offered would be cool
So you are going to make him.

Yeah, its possible. I swapped Dialga with Giga Bowser (awesome), Palkia with Shiny Rayquaza (awesome too), and Cresselia with Ho-oh. (Pretty cool.) I also did something with Sandbag in the Homerun Contest, but the Common3 goes over the file size limit. Is there anything at all I can delete in it that won't freeze the game?

Mind if I reserve Meowth then? Before I can work on it though, anyone know how to rename bones? All of Meowth's bones are in japanese, so no one's animations work on him.
Make all the animations from scratch like me!:)

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Holy crap, I just got an awesome stage idea... I'll be back with the results soon. (Mwahahahahahahahaha....)

EDIT: ;--; It didn't work. 'was trying to replace all of the F-Zero machines in Port Town with Captain Falcon. Only got a BEEEEEEEEP... *cries* I'm not sure what I did wrong either.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Quick question. When meta ridley starts to run, the animation goes into the ground for a second, and then works fine. any idea for a fix?

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman

I have already looked at Meowth upon request. It has nothing to do with his bones being in Japanese. I have looked at MANY characters, and despite their odd named bones, the game can still figure out what to do with them. Meowth has very few bones, and doesn't even actually possess a T pose. Unless you edit his actual model to have straight arms, all of his animations will have bent arms. Also since he has a total of about three animations, you will have to make almost all of them from scratch. You can still go for it, but it is probably more work than you will really want to do, then you will probably get bored and give up, rather than actually learning the program.

If you like Pokemon, can I suggest that you try Snover, Snorunt, Cubone, Hoppip or Skarmory? They are all stage elements in PKMN Stadium 2, and should work well, as well as be considerably easier to animate. You of course will still have to do most of the animation work yourself however.

Quick question. When meta ridley starts to run, the animation goes into the ground for a second, and then works fine. any idea for a fix?
Issue with the dash animation.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
I have the same walk and dash animations right now (as a placeholder) and i only get that glitch at the beginning of a dash. Should i just switch out the dash animation?

Top Bottom