• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Razanak7

Smash Ace
What was that? Ridley? In motion...? >_> Ridley Tiem...?
Hmm... I don't know why, but Ridley's limbs look short in that... but back to the subject at hand.

Epic.

Although, I think Ridley would have a longer stance... then again, he certainly didn't in Super Metroid. All scrunched up like that.

Has he been tested in-game yet? If so, how are his collisions?

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
Holy... you guys are really doing some sexy stuff with Ridley. One thing I think I should point out, though, is that Ridley kinda looks like he's perched on something in your animation, Angelglory. Like, he's sitting... or have his left leg on something... I dunno, it's kinda odd to me.

But sexy nevertheless. :chuckle:

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Has he been tested in-game yet? If so, how are his collisions?
I haven't tested him yet, I'll be doing that tomorrow.

Holy... you guys are really doing some sexy stuff with Ridley. One thing I think I should point out, though, is that Ridley kinda looks like he's perched on something in your animation, Angelglory. Like, he's sitting... or have his left leg on something... I dunno, it's kinda odd to me.
It's probably just the angle the camera is in. But if it looks like that in-game, then yeah I'll fix it.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Hey, everyone, I just made a nice discovery!
HipN should be the new TransN, that is, if you wanna move off the ground in an animation.

It allows you to move into the air without any PSA codes!
Which is nice, because your moving animations will be a lot better, and you don't have to do a lot of work to get off of the ground.

...and I'm still workin' of cBrawl.
The tree in Green Greens is now Captain Falcon's head.
The cart Shy Guys are now Captain Falcon.
Correct. Using TransN has a bunch of messy effects on other bones.

Angelglory, those Meta-Ridley animations look quite professional. Keep up the excellent work.

crwys

Smash Cadet
HipN. TransN?? Care explaining? I just got BrawlBox today and have been learning quickly. I already started working on Lyn, assist trophy, from Fire Emblem. She is placed over ZakoBoy. I have already gave her a falling animation, landing, and crouching. I was trying to make her jump but it keeps freezing... Any suggestions?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
@crwys

Look at a default character's animations until you start to understand the basics of how each bone moves during a certain type of animation.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Nobody ever answered my question... Can someone maybe help me with hammer bros because i need to get his ground glitches fixed and i have no idea how 2 also 2nd question is Is there a way to grab body parts and hairstyles from characters and put them on someone else because if there is plz tell me

humble

Smash Ace
Hey, everyone, I just made a nice discovery!
HipN should be the new TransN, that is, if you wanna move off the ground in an animation.

It allows you to move into the air without any PSA codes!
Which is nice, because your moving animations will be a lot better, and you don't have to do a lot of work to get off of the ground.

...and I'm still workin' of cBrawl.
The tree in Green Greens is now Captain Falcon's head.
The cart Shy Guys are now Captain Falcon.
So how much work left on Devil before we get to try him out? :D

Since there was already a ridley destination made, wanna make a captains destination for cBrawl? still sounds lulzy with captain falcon everywhere.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Nobody ever answered my question... Can someone maybe help me with hammer bros because i need to get his ground glitches fixed and i have no idea how 2 also 2nd question is Is there a way to grab body parts and hairstyles from characters and put them on someone else because if there is plz tell me
Depends on what you mean by "ground glitches." And if I may make a suggestion; try putting him on Olimar. He seems to be very hack-friendly. I got Dialga working on him perfectly with no crashes at all. And if you do, you can swap the Pikmin for his hammers, and therefore he will be able to throw them.

That brings me to your next question. To get part of a character, you need to swap them with one of a character's articles (Link's sword glow, Ganondorf's sword, Fox's blaster, etc.). I'll use the Roy hack as an example. The creator replaced one of Marth's articles for Isaac's body, and then scaled everything but his hair down. And using PSA, made it so the hair is always visible and attached to his head.

It's a lengthy process, but can have very interesting results.

Alright, Ridley doesn't work on Red Alloy. I'll try someone else later, any suggestions?
We got Meta working on Blue Alloy, and I stand by the Olimar thing.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
alright ill try hammer bros on Olimar

that brings me to my next hack idea
I want to make a pikmin without olimar
So would i do that the same way as grabbing stuff from stages
Edit:

This is i think... Pikimins brawlbox file so i have a question for all who has used someone over olimar ... which one is pikmin?? im trying to grab a pikimin so i can use him by himself

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Tsu, that sized picture is ridiculous and unnecessary. Remove it.

As for your issue, delete Brawlbox, and go download v0.60c. You probably have a lower version (Assumed v0.60a or b).

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
i tried making it a smaller size but that stupid pic wouldn't budge

i got the new brawlbox but it still doesn't solve the how to get pikmin seperate from olimar so i can use him

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I am looking at it myself now. The Pikmin won't show up. Only their eyes and leaf. Still, DL the latest fix on Brawlbox.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
I am looking at it myself now. The Pikmin won't show up. Only their eyes and leaf. Still, DL the latest fix on Brawlbox.
I downloaded the new one and i see what you saw

That covers one problem but i still have the problem of what im supposed to grab from that pikmin file

pokelover980

Smash Ace
M'kay, so, according to the last time the OP was updated, no one is working on Tabuu. I'll claim him now I guess, he'll be over Snake and he'll have custom everything and what-not. I don't really have anything ready yet, but I will eventually. So yeah, that's it. Go ahead and complain now :U

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
So how much work left on Devil before we get to try him out? :D

Since there was already a ridley destination made, wanna make a captains destination for cBrawl? still sounds lulzy with captain falcon everywhere.
Eh, I've got quite a bit of work to do.
The aerials are pretty much done, though.
All tilts but the down one are good to go!
The A combo is done.

So far, I just need to do the up and forward smash, and the grab stuff.

But there's this one glitch where if you grab him, the whole screen gets screwed and there's a splattering of colors in an "X" shape across the screen. Then the Devil disappears.
I've already had this problem with my other hack, but couldn't fix it...

Other than that, I'm pretty close. And I gave up on the texture problem.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
M'kay, so, according to the last time the OP was updated, no one is working on Tabuu. I'll claim him now I guess, he'll be over Snake and he'll have custom everything and what-not. I don't really have anything ready yet, but I will eventually. So yeah, that's it. Go ahead and complain now :U
Sounds cool , cant wait to see it

PND

Smash Champion
I always thought Tabuu would be great over Falcon. TAKE THAT, TIERS! Plus his manliness has transcended into godliness :p

In seriousness though, I think replacing Falcon kick with Tabuu's spear dive would be awesome.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Tabuu doesn't work very well at all. You told me this yourself: He has all of his articles surrounding him. I figured that if you delete the textures for the articles, they would go away. Wrong. So I deleted Polygons. Still there. So I deleted Bones. Still there. So I deleted Materials1. Still there. So I deleted Materials2. Still there. Then, I said screw it! (Keep in mind these showed up in BrawlBox as they should have been: no articles. In-game though, nothing changed.)

Im still trying to figure out how to grab pikmin so ill try to update about it the more i find out
Just find the model of the Pikmin you want and do a normal model swap. Oh, and to imbed the picture just copy the URL and paste it in Insert Image.^

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Tabuu doesn't work very well at all. You told me this yourself: He has all of his articles surrounding him. I figured that if you delete the textures for the articles, they would go away. Wrong. So I deleted Polygons. Still there. So I deleted Bones. Still there. So I deleted Materials1. Still there. So I deleted Materials2. Still there. Then, I said screw it! (Keep in mind these showed up in BrawlBox as they should have been: no articles. In-game though, nothing changed.)

Just find the model of the Pikmin you want and do a normal model swap. Oh, and to imbed the picture just copy the URL and paste it in Insert Image.^
Most of the parts go away when you shrink bones (I got a lot of things to go away by doing that) and all I need to do is remove two or three polygons which should work. And so far it works in game (mostly :U ) and I might be able to get up a screen-shot eventually, but I don't feel like it right now. Maybe when I get a little farther.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Just find the model of the Pikmin you want and do a normal model swap. Oh, and to imbed the picture just copy the URL and paste it in Insert Image.^[/QUOTE]

I grabbed the pikmins mdlo and texturedata[0] and put it on olimar and it froze anyone know why?

Edit: I am going to make a video to show you what im doing and see if what im doing is wrong

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Good news and bad news...

Good news: Pokemon Trainer loaded over Olimar, so I'm porting him there from Yellow Alloy.

Bad news: Ridley doesn't work on any of the Alloys.

So until I find a character, or somebody points out a character besides Olimar that Ridley loads on, I'll just be working on his animations while completing Pokemon Trainer.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
...it's odd how so many thing work on Olimar...

Alright, finished the throws and grab stuff!
-grab: he sends the bat out to grab you
-pummel: he drains health from you (most of this will be done in PSA)
-f-throw: his arm becomes large and he uses it to swing you into the ground.
-d-throw: he warps upward and thrusts downward you into the bat's horns.
-u-throw: his middle finger becomes long and sharp and he stabs you with it. (lulz)

I'll be releasing probably within a day or two.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I know that one of the Ridleys (can't remember which one :U ) loads on Charizard, so you could try that.

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
Good news and bad news...

Good news: Pokemon Trainer loaded over Olimar, so I'm porting him there from Yellow Alloy.

Bad news: Ridley doesn't work on any of the Alloys.

So until I find a character, or somebody points out a character besides Olimar that Ridley loads on, I'll just be working on his animations while completing Pokemon Trainer.
what?
for me ridley and meta ridley working both on red and yellow alloy.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
More good and bad news

Good news: Ridley loads on Alloys after all, it was the Motion file I had with him that was causing him not to load. Also, I'll be making Ridley on Green Alloy now because of the multiple jumps and that he doesn't have the walking or running glitch :D

Bad news: There's no other good news!

EDIT: But as a side note, what would the best bone to use to rotate a character? I used Ridley's XRotN with Y set to -45, but I feel like that's what caused the motion file to not work.

rjcam10

Smash Rookie
more Good And Bad News

Good News: Ridley Loads On Alloys After All, It Was The Motion File I Had With Him That Was Causing Him Not To Load. also, I'll Be Making Ridley On Green Alloy Now Because Of The Multiple Jumps And That He Doesn't Have The Walking Or Running Glitch :d

Bad News: There's No Other Good News!
Yeaaaaaaaaaa

Top Bottom