• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Im in ur brawlz, bein playabl

Size comparison. I shrunk down the wings by about half, and the tail by about 10%.

I can just hear the fanfare playing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4xzisXI0QY

This ordeal had probably been the most unusual I've had in my personal history of hacking. You see, the animation used in the picture above is technically the same one from before, from way back on my first attempt. In a final effort to figure out what's wrong with it, I decided to do it the old fashioned way.

Bone by bone, and frame by frame, I began copying keyframes from the original to a new one. This way, I would be able to find exactly what the problem was. And you know what that problem was?

Nothing at all. It just... didn't load.

I don't know what I did differently this time, but it works, and I'm not complaining.

So look out Samus, Meta Ridley's back to kick some @$$!
Cell: OH SHEET!

You planning on releasing soon? :3

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Im in ur brawlz, bein playabl

Size comparison. I shrunk down the wings by about half, and the tail by about 10%.

I can just hear the fanfare playing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4xzisXI0QY

This ordeal had probably been the most unusual I've had in my personal history of hacking. You see, the animation used in the picture above is technically the same one from before, from way back on my first attempt. In a final effort to figure out what's wrong with it, I decided to do it the old fashioned way.

Bone by bone, and frame by frame, I began copying keyframes from the original to a new one. This way, I would be able to find exactly what the problem was. And you know what that problem was?

Nothing at all. It just... didn't load.

I don't know what I did differently this time, but it works, and I'm not complaining.

So look out Samus, Meta Ridley's back to kick some @$$!
Weight. Just Weight a minute.
Which character is this over? /ignorance

He looks absolutely without a question totally NO DOUBT the most scrumdiddly-umptious hack I have ever seen in my life, especially since I am the biggest Metroid buff in the world.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Okay, this is seriously getting on my nerves now. Ridley's Motion file just won't load and it's pissing me off.

But on the slightly bright side, Pokemon Trainer loads fine, but crashes after landing lag from an aerial, probably and HOPEFULLY cause by the Pikmin or something...

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Now is when we/you conceptualize a moveset for Meta Ridley and then, once everyone's in mutual agreement, you begin to animate said moveset, as I am for Nagagog.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
WOW! What are all those heads? I loved Meta Ridley in Prime, he was just so... awesome. Keep going, it's looking greatest in koridai

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
That just made my day.
And I'm not even JUST saying saying that, I am not lying, That hack will make my whole Smash Bros complete. Pat Yourself on the back, you are amazing at this, you are one talented hacker.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Waiting patiently for Meta-Ridley, and Darth Vader, I SO wanna play them before bed.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Razanak and i have yet to finalize a moveset, so you wont see a release for a while. Thanks for the complements everyone, just wait until you see Meta Ridley in action!

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Mah moves, let meh sho u 'dem!

A preview of Pokemon Trainer's animations I've been working on. He's got more animations than Ridley does, but his are mostly his own or borrowed from someone else. However, he does have a few custom attacks.

For those having a hard time seeing what the Down Tilt is supposed to be, Pokemon Trainer is bouncing the pokeball off of the ground in front of him. Forward Aerial is a heel kick and his not-shown Forward Smash is a spinning-backpack-smash.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Mah moves, let meh sho u 'dem!

A preview of Pokemon Trainer's animations I've been working on. He's got more animations than Ridley does, but his are mostly his own or borrowed from someone else. However, he does have a few custom attacks.

For those having a hard time seeing what the Down Tilt is supposed to be, Pokemon Trainer is bouncing the pokeball off of the ground in front of him. Forward Aerial is a heel kick and his not-shown Forward Smash is a spinning-backpack-smash.
He's really comin along, I can't wait for a release >.<

Razanak7

Smash Ace
And I'm not even JUST saying saying that, I am not lying, That hack will make my whole Smash Bros complete. Pat Yourself on the back, you are amazing at this, you are one talented hacker.
In all fairness, it's a collaborative effort now.

Waiting patiently for Meta-Ridley, and Darth Vader, I SO wanna play them before bed.
Yeah, that won't happen tonight.

Speaking of movesets; Razanak, what will Meta Ridley's be?
Still debating on how much will be original and borrowed from other characters. And there's the fact that there's been almost no planning, on my part at least.

n64billy

Smash Ace
I found Olimar's Antenna. It is located inside his effects file.

Oh, but a little bit of a heads up. The ball is made of FIVE parts. Hell yeah, this makes Olimar even better, since now he has weapon support.
I mean that once I get it working, I can pretty much give Primid all of his SSE weapons if I please. I might also keep the Pikmin, and just change them with Mites.
Awesome news Thunderspam! I can't want to see how this works out.

Looking good so far, I love it! Keep up the great work!

No one is doing Darth Vader right now, I do not know why he mentioned Darth Vader.
Erm... a few pages back, someone (Forgot who) posted a video of their Darth Vader PSA. It was Ike, with a red sword glow (Which actually looked really good), and then Samus's helmet (From kirby) placed over Ikes head. The FS was turned into a Death Star, shooting a kickarse green laser.

I think that's reason enough to mention Darth Vader

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I got into a car accident! What fun.:(

Most of the parts go away when you shrink bones (I got a lot of things to go away by doing that) and all I need to do is remove two or three polygons which should work. And so far it works in game (mostly :U ) and I might be able to get up a screen-shot eventually, but I don't feel like it right now. Maybe when I get a little farther.
How the heck did you get those to go away! No matter what I do they just won't for me...

Good news and bad news...

Good news: Pokemon Trainer loaded over Olimar, so I'm porting him there from Yellow Alloy.
Great.

Just for chuckles Angel, try loading Ridley on Mario.
It works.

More good and bad news

Good news: Ridley loads on Alloys after all, it was the Motion file I had with him that was causing him not to load. Also, I'll be making Ridley on Green Alloy now because of the multiple jumps and that he doesn't have the walking or running glitch :D
Alright.

i decided im not gunna give up on project pikmin and im gonna keep trying to see if i cant get him to load also
How many bones does he have?

Brawlshifter, when you get a chance remember to add Razanak and I as working on Meta Ridley over Blue Alloy to the OP. Thanks! Also, how goes drifloon progress? Its been a while since ive heard from it.
You're working on Meta Ridley also? Or with him? About Drifloon, I've been extremely lazy. I've also been trying to get some other things to work for me, which I still need help on, for those of you who remember.

I found Olimar's Antenna. It is located inside his effects file.

Oh, but a little bit of a heads up. The ball is made of FIVE parts. Hell yeah, this makes Olimar even better, since now he has weapon support.
That's great!

I might also keep the Pikmin, and just change them with Mites.
Just as a suggestion, don't do that. Primid would be better by himself.

But on the slightly bright side, Pokemon Trainer loads fine, but crashes after landing lag from an aerial, probably and HOPEFULLY cause by the Pikmin or something...
Didn't you fix that exact same problem before?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
bleh I can't start working on anything till christmas, so when I finally start I will be playing quite a bit of catch up.
Besides Thunderspam, I was one of the first ones to start working on these characters. Now, I'm way behind. I only have about 15 animations done, and I'm making all of them from scratch. And now I might be able to get him to work on a normal character, so I'm way behind now.

humble

Smash Ace
Besides Thunderspam, I was one of the first ones to start working on these characters. Now, I'm way behind. I only have about 15 animations done, and I'm making all of them from scratch. And now I might be able to get him to work on a normal character, so I'm way behind now.
yeah, but you are making all of the animations from scratch and so your character will be entirely your creation versus things like Waluigi who for the most part is moveset swapped w/ other characters.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
yeah, but you are making all of the animations from scratch and so your character will be entirely your creation versus things like Waluigi who for the most part is moveset swapped w/ other characters.
Which is why I've been procrastinating so much. By the way, since this has to do with model swapping, and I still really need help, I'll post this here too and see if anyone can help me (I'm trying to take a model from another game and swap it with someone from Brawl using a hex editor):

Okay, I'm looking at him now. I have never actually used a hex editor before except for increasing file size and looking, so I am unsure exactly what to do. I found the model I think, and this is what it shows:

._lMDL0.

So, what exactly would I replace? Would I only replace MDL0, or would it be _lMDL0, or would it be way more than that?

humble

Smash Ace
Which is why I've been procrastinating so much. By the way, since this has to do with model swapping, and I still really need help, I'll post this here too and see if anyone can help me (I'm trying to take a model from another game and swap it with someone from Brawl using a hex editor):
Stop procrastinating then. D<

As for the importer, I think you will have to experiment; alas, once again I cannot help you. I will lurk and encourage you onwards though!

Nintens

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this is the right topic to ask this, but I guess it's okay since it's model related.

Is it possible to put Kirby's costume models that he gets from inhaling other characters (Captain Falcon Helmet, Mario Hat, Ness hat, etc,) onto his regular pcs/pac file? So he'd have Mario's hat, but his B move would still be inhale. I think it would open up a lot of possibilites for Kirby textures. (His textures are really basic anyways so...)

Top Bottom