• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
alright, ive hit the early speed bump of the walking glitch and i cant figure out what to do. i already looked through the guides and suggestions made previously on this thread, but i cant get it to work. i think its because the animal crosser has a wierd bone structure, as in he doesnt have a TransN, XRotN, or YRotN. is there a way to get it working?

LSDX

Wah!
I'm still miffed that the final Meta-Ridley is going over Blue Alloy/Zelda. Will there be any ports taking place for characters like R.O.B. or Pit regarding him?

Also, is there a regular Ridley being worked on instead of Meta-Ridley? Just wondering.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
alright, ive hit the early speed bump of the walking glitch and i cant figure out what to do. i already looked through the guides and suggestions made previously on this thread, but i cant get it to work. i think its because the animal crosser has a wierd bone structure, as in he doesnt have a TransN, XRotN, or YRotN. is there a way to get it working?
Read the OP.

Also, is there a regular Ridley being worked on instead of Meta-Ridley? Just wondering.
Exactly as Fen said, read the OP. Not just you, everyone read the OP before you ask if someone is being worked on.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Meta Ridleys getting ported to Olimar if all goes well, so no worries of messing up the Zelda characters on the css : ]

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
is this his final smash?
cause it looks pretty heavy?

It would fit to a grass type that it's leaves begin to glow during solar beam

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I was conduring ideas for a munchlax i MIGHT be making, and actually came up for some hoppip special ideas if youd like them.

synthesis: same effect as eating a piece of food, so you sparkle like the actual move. Heals only 1 or 2%with slight delay. If youre free for 6 or 7 sec youve healed bout 10%. Makes up for the fact he'll be undoubtabley very lightmeight.

double edge: thrusts forward powerfully, but inflicts recoil. (I'd only go this route in conjunction with synthesis)

leech seed: throws what looks like a deku seed in front and behind. If it connects the large flower (from lip's stick) is placed on the enemy

headbut: lunges a short distance (hard to hit). If it connects same effect as a broken shield to simulate flinching. (Good chance to use leech seed or a fully charged solar beam)

Just some ideas. Never thought I'd say it but I'm really looking forward to seeing a finished Hoppip.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
And actually with the movesets on ESH only 2 can be downloaded. Assasin Marth and Dark Super Sonic I think.
All of mine are there, just not in the Roster. So you would have to do a bit of digging to find them.

I was thinking of something similar to what you are talking about. I'm planning on trying to see if I can make one character into another character. For example, make Snake into Sheik by just model swapping and changing a lot of animations and attacks. I thought of this because I considered that many people are going to start replacing characters with new ones and there isn't a way to make new character slots so I thought that there should be a way to put the character back in to replace someone else so that we don't lose any characters. Because if someone were to make a complete Shadow from Sonic then people would want to be able to fight Sonic against Shadow. But that would not be possible since Sonic would be Shadow. So I'm thinking that I should try making another character into Sonic so that Sonic can still be played along with Shadow. I don't know if this will work though because I haven't really done any tests for this kind of thing. Has anyone else thought of doing this?
It can be done, and has been done. I've seen Ice Climbers swapped with Pikachus, and they work perfectly.

Where did you hear that?
Well, it was a mods-only post on ESH, so I've probably said too much as it is.

*seizures*

Epic as that is, how does it look in motion?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I know someone is already woring on Starfy but i pm'ed him like a week ago and have yet to get a responce. Is it possible to have 2 starfy projects?

I have most of his attacks all thought up and when i get home i'll put them into action, yes i'm a noob but I am determined and persistent.

i'll be doing Starfy over ???

nerfispwnage243

Smash Cadet
As many of you have probably noticed, I announced that the beta for Goomba was to be released on January 3rd. As you can see, that didn't happen. As much as it disappoints me that I didn't meet my own deadline, I am still working on him. However, a little help would be amazing. I am not that great with PSA, so if someone with the knowledge to add specials to Alloys could assist me that would be AMAZING. Please PM me if you can. Thank you ahead of time.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
so after a little more testing, i think i know my problem. the animal crosser just doesnt have the proper bone set up to work right.
all the other models and characters i looked at had (basically) TopN > TransN > XRotN > YRotN > then the other connecting bones, where the animal crosser had TopN > base > then the other connecting bones. so from what i understand and from my testing, the animal crosser just isnt doable.
so brawlshifter, go ahead and take me off the list, i wont be continuing with him.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Big *** post # 1 (I'm keeping track starting now!)

Thanks again to Bionic Sonic for unlocking the thread!

Well, it was a mods-only post on ESH, so I've probably said too much as it is.
Who cares about ESH, this is Smashboards! :lick: Seriously though, why wouldn't you be able to say if he's coming back or not?

That was the funniest video I have ever seen in my life! Favorited! Also, how's cBrawl coming along? I haven't heard about that for a while.

I know someone is already woring on Starfy but i pm'ed him like a week ago and have yet to get a responce. Is it possible to have 2 starfy projects?

I have most of his attacks all thought up and when i get home i'll put them into action, yes i'm a noob but I am determined and persistent.

i'll be doing Starfy over ???
Adding to what Pichu said, read the OP!

so after a little more testing, i think i know my problem. the animal crosser just doesnt have the proper bone set up to work right.
all the other models and characters i looked at had (basically) TopN > TransN > XRotN > YRotN > then the other connecting bones, where the animal crosser had TopN > base > then the other connecting bones. so from what i understand and from my testing, the animal crosser just isnt doable.
so brawlshifter, go ahead and take me off the list, i wont be continuing with him.
Okay.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I know that all of you cared very deeply about my Machinima, so I thought I would post this lovely video. It contains profane text...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ghe5snO6Q

Anyways, not only do I need voice actors, but I am also as lazy as hell, so if any BrawlBoxers want to get in on the project, just ask, because I am sure I wouldn't mind passing off a few characters to you and you can get credit for them. Kthnxlolz, just pm me if you are interested.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I know that all of you cared very deeply about my Machinima, so I thought I would post this lovely video. It contains profane text...

Anyways, not only do I need voice actors, but I am also as lazy as hell, so if any BrawlBoxers want to get in on the project, just ask, because I am sure I wouldn't mind passing off a few characters to you and you can get credit for them. Kthnxlolz, just pm me if you are interested.
Actually, I was going to ask you about that. By the way, nice vid.:lick:

EDIT: Wow, you know what I just realized? I lost internet for two days, and in that time my thread got locked, five sub-forums were made, someone made a duplicate of my thread (and someone made thread asking why my thread was locked), and I got a million messages from people asking why my thread was locked. Now, I could lose power for a whole week, so I can't even imagine what the **** could happen in that time.:laugh: I'll come back to total chaos!

n64billy

Smash Ace
Thunderspam, I MIGHT be interested in joining the Machinima and helping you out and stuff.... People think that I have a good voice for commentating or radio or advertising, but that's just all preference in my opinion. If you've got MSN then that would be perfect to try and organise something like sending over me doing some voices, or organising a skype sesh. n64billy@hotmail.com if you've got MSN or Yahoo.... if not, just PM me if you're interested.

Also, Brawlshifter, work on Dugtrio has been close to none. Been too busy enjoy life, but for now I will keep working on him. Electivire and Bulbin are still on hold....

EDIT: Pika, Hoppip is looking GREAT so far! :D

EDIT: Thunderspam, I'd like to take a look at your scripts, or plans so far on what you'd like to do if you don't mind. I don't mean to be nosey, but I am growing more and more curious... :)

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
@ALL: thanks for supporting my hoppip 83
I was conduring ideas for a munchlax i MIGHT be making, and actually came up for some hoppip special ideas if youd like them.

synthesis: same effect as eating a piece of food, so you sparkle like the actual move. Heals only 1 or 2%with slight delay. If youre free for 6 or 7 sec youve healed bout 10%. Makes up for the fact he'll be undoubtabley very lightmeight.

double edge: thrusts forward powerfully, but inflicts recoil. (I'd only go this route in conjunction with synthesis)

leech seed: throws what looks like a deku seed in front and behind. If it connects the large flower (from lip's stick) is placed on the enemy

headbut: lunges a short distance (hard to hit). If it connects same effect as a broken shield to simulate flinching. (Good chance to use leech seed or a fully charged solar beam)

Just some ideas. Never thought I'd say it but I'm really looking forward to seeing a finished Hoppip.
woaw, nice idea for attacks :3 thought about synthesis and leech seed x3 thanks again

*seizures*

Epic as that is, how does it look in motion?
first one powerful looooong shot, waiting a bit and later, it shrink and disappeared xD

I gladly want to help C:
both with the project and voice
Also, Brawlshifter, work on Dugtrio has been close to none. Been too busy enjoy life, but for now I will keep working on him. Electivire and Bulbin are still on hold....

EDIT: Pika, Hoppip is looking GREAT so far! :D
oh they got paused ;_;

thanks 8D

LSDX

Wah!
Yes, my sanctuary has returned!

So does anyone have any status report on either Ridley or Meta-Ridley, because that will drive my work on which CSS/CPS I will begin working on?

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Uhhhhhh.... Ridley's going over Green Alloy?

Oh yeah, I've also thrown together his own Entry animation... now if I could only figure out how to make it show when he appears at the start of a match...

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Yes, my sanctuary has returned!

So does anyone have any status report on either Ridley or Meta-Ridley, because that will drive my work on which CSS/CPS I will begin working on?
Meta Ridleys transition to Olimar is going smoothly : )

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
omg yay it's back. I'm not listed as working on starfy yet D:

I got a laptop which runs brawlbox so i HAVE started actually working on him.

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
Just as a little Snover update, I've managed to program Snover's UpB move correctly as far as I've endeavored so far. I decided not to go with my original plan, Avalanche, thanks to me not having a clue how to go about it, so I reverted to Icy Wind, which is a spinning move like Link's Spin Attack. I just have to figure out how to allow him sideways movement while doing so, though that doesn't seem like it will be a big issue once I actually go looking for it.

EDIT: ... I don't know how, but I seem to have fixed my own problem with Hail. This is weird, since I'm pretty sure right now I've got the same code I had when I first tried to reprogram Hail into the right format. Okay, I guess I'm also now glad to announce that I've got Hail working. I haven't done any article editing, but at least the move will work perfectly once I figure that out. Actually, the attack looks kinda cool with Pikachu's Thunderjolt. Anyway, I'm gonna go work on Ice Shard now, I guess.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
n64Billy and Pikazz, if you guys are interested, you can add my Skype: Thunderspam, or PM me on Youtube. To be totally honest, I don't check here a whole lot, so those are probably better ways to reach me. I also want help making the characters (They don't have to be Brawl worthy, just Machinima worthy), so that is cool.

And no N64, I will not give you any scripts or anything until I am sure that you are on my team. This means try out for a part.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Who cares about ESH, this is Smashboards! :lick: Seriously though, why wouldn't you be able to say if he's coming back or not?
I dunno, people are just unpredictable nowadays regarding how they react to things like this. But yeah, Shark showed up and said he's coming back.

If I get enough done on Meta, then I might opt for a guest appearance. ;)

I can also do a lot of different voices, so if I ever get a hold of a decent mic, then I think I might be willing to do some voices.

I could lose power for a whole week, so I can't even imagine what the **** could happen in that time.:laugh: I'll come back to total chaos!
And that, children, is what you call a "clusterf***."

Seriously, look it up. That's a real word.

(copypasta'd from other topic)

ohai d00dz.

Enjoy that icon, it took all of my spriting skills to make.

So, Meta's model and textures work, portrait is done, CSS icon is done, battle portrait is done, CSS franchise icon is done, and names are done. I also got his SSE portrait and name working fine. The only thing that doesn't work right now is his Tourney name, his in-battle name, in-battle and after battle franchise icon, stock icon (which is weird, since I got it working at one point), and replay icon. Other than that, all systems are go; I'm about to test his animations.

Also, if anyone is in need of stock icons, I can take care of that. I've been told I have a knack for it.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Yeah sorry Razanak, going to have to take a pass on Meta Ridley in the Machinima. I know that he was part of the SubSpace Emissary, but he will not be there. Every character has returned to their respective universe. Thanks for the offer though.

LSDX

Wah!
ohai d00dz.

Enjoy that icon, it took all of my spriting skills to make.

So, Meta's model and textures work, portrait is done, CSS icon is done, battle portrait is done, CSS franchise icon is done, and names are done. I also got his SSE portrait and name working fine. The only thing that doesn't work right now is his Tourney name, his in-battle name, in-battle and after battle franchise icon, stock icon (which is weird, since I got it working at one point), and replay icon. Other than that, all systems are go; I'm about to test his animations.

Also, if anyone is in need of stock icons, I can take care of that. I've been told I have a knack for it.
Do you know which file in Brawlbox I use to change the after-battle text name for the winner? I'm at a loss and need to finish up Geno's specs.

When's the earliest release coming that's not a gamma?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Yeah sorry Razanak, going to have to take a pass on Meta Ridley in the Machinima. I know that he was part of the SubSpace Emissary, but he will not be there. Every character has returned to their respective universe. Thanks for the offer though.
Not a problem. I didn't really get the gist of what you were going for based on the video, the voices were really low... :p

Do you know which file in Brawlbox I use to change the after-battle text name for the winner? I'm at a loss and need to finish up Geno's specs.

When's the earliest release coming that's not a gamma?
I haven't found that yet, but I would guess that it's in the PAC for the results screen.

As for a beta release... I can't say for sure. Right now I'm trying to work around a big glitch with his animations. I have an idea on what will fix it, but I'm not positive.

EDIT: w00t, fixed it. It turns out the problem was an event in PSA, which was making his feet become horribly mangled. Kind of random, if you ask me.

So, to anyone else working with Olimar; if animations glitch, try removing event 18000100: 0-6.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
omg yay it's back. I'm not listed as working on starfy yet D:

I got a laptop which runs brawlbox so i HAVE started actually working on him.
Adding now. By the way, its Stafy, not Starfy.

Just as a little Snover update, I've managed to program Snover's UpB move correctly as far as I've endeavored so far. I decided not to go with my original plan, Avalanche, thanks to me not having a clue how to go about it, so I reverted to Icy Wind, which is a spinning move like Link's Spin Attack. I just have to figure out how to allow him sideways movement while doing so, though that doesn't seem like it will be a big issue once I actually go looking for it.
To allow him to move sideways I think you would have to make an If: (Control Stick input left): Horizontal momentum left, then do the same thing for right. Check the Big PSA List Thread for the control stick event.

To be totally honest, I don't check here a whole lot
:( But you started all of this with Primid...:(

And that, children, is what you call a "clusterf***."

Seriously, look it up. That's a real word.
Traditionally/originally of military origin.

Today, however, "cluster****" is commonly used to descriptively generalize any situation with a large scale of disarray.

possibly synonyms: mess, disaster
1. "Well, that concert was a cluster****."
2. "Did you see the cluster**** of a traffic jam on Main St.?"
3. "That house party turned into a giant cluster**** once those cops showed up!"
or
A combination of things going extremely wrong in a short period of time within the same general activity -- caused by stupidity and/or ineptitude.
Not my stupidity or ineptitude...

Top Bottom