• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Does it really matter if someone else is working on the same character? I'm working on a nagagog even though Thanyou is. I don't see why anyone would see it is a bad thing to work on the same thing as others. It just shows that there is more interest in a certain character. You also get to see if your work was worth all of the trouble by comparing end results. But then again, that's just my opinion.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Almost got ninja'd by Leon. If you're sure that you wanna do him, then just ignore the following.

...Weren't you working on him?
No I wasn't....
Does it really matter if someone else is working on the same character? I'm working on a nagagog even though Thanyou is. I don't see why anyone would see it is a bad thing to work on the same thing as others. It just shows that there is more interest in a certain character. You also get to see if your work was worth all of the trouble by comparing end results. But then again, that's just my opinion.
....but I suppose I might as well work on him. Any suggestions on who to put it over? Could put it over Toon Link (Bone-marang. Rock throw) and the bone could be used instead of the sword.

[rant]
But then fanboys everywhere would loose their precious Geno, and I wouldn't be able to play my Deku Link again until there is support for a mix of characters. But I don't mind, can just take the files off the SD card....
[/rant]

So unless anyone has suggestions, I think I'll do Cubone over Toon Link.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Well I think its better if theres only one of each charcter being worked on. I mean its impossible to choose cosmic geno or fighter geno. but it dosnt REALLY matter if more than one person are working on a char

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Well I think its better if theres only one of each charcter being worked on. I mean its impossible to choose cosmic geno or fighter geno. but it dosnt REALLY matter if more than one person are working on a char
It also makes people ruin characters by trying to split them between two movesets.
However, I still agree with you. I've been considering trying to make a character myself, and if I do, I'm not planning on paying attention to if they are "taken". I don't like the idea of two movesets of the same character completed, but I really doubt that I will complete a character. Also, as has been said, most people will not complete the characters that they have reserved.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
You could do Munchlax over Green Alloy. I had a cool moveset in mind but ended up piking another project due to my unwant of using an alloy ><

n64billy

Smash Ace
You could do Munchlax over Green Alloy. I had a cool moveset in mind but ended up piking another project due to my unwant of using an alloy ><
I meant for Cubone.... I have no interest in Munchlax what-so-ever.... Sorry, but I just think he's a failed pokemon that should never had existed.

Fen__

Smash Ace
[rant]
But then fanboys everywhere would loose their precious Geno, and I wouldn't be able to play my Deku Link again until there is support for a mix of characters. But I don't mind, can just take the files off the SD card....
[/rant]
Deku Link? Is this just a texture or an actual PSA? If it's a PSA, could you link me?

On another note, Cubone is one of my favorite pokemon, so I'll be glad to see him done.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Deku Link? Is this just a texture or an actual PSA? If it's a PSA, could you link me?

On another note, Cubone is one of my favorite pokemon, so I'll be glad to see him done.
It's just a texture... and it's not even that completely accurate to the real one yet, but I'm working on it every now and then.
A PSA would come one day if I could change him into the REAL deku link.... but I haven't had a chance to try any vertices hacks yet because they don't work for me.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Some people just don't want others to do a better job than them or finish faster, and some people just want to be the only one working on a character, which I completely understand, because I am one of those people.

I will try to do cubone-because brawlshifters sig motivates me.
I was hoping it would motivate some people.

Almost got ninja'd by Leon. If you're sure that you wanna do him, then just ignore the following.

No I wasn't....

....but I suppose I might as well work on him. Any suggestions on who to put it over? Could put it over Toon Link (Bone-marang. Rock throw) and the bone could be used instead of the sword.

[rant]
[/rant]

You weren't? I wonder who that was...

Cubone over Toon Link is a great idea, I can't think of anyone better. Hopefully it works.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Some people just don't want others to do a better job than them or finish faster, and some people just want to be the only one working on a character, which I completely understand, because I am one of those people.
I don't believe anyone at all besides me even thought of doing the Devil...

On a random side note, which one of the dances/poses given for Captain Falcon do you guys think I should do?

...I'm just afraid that complicated ones will make the file size too large and make the game freeze (unless I only do the 1st 10 seconds of it or so).

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
If some of you guys haven't checked, you should check the brawbox creation thread. They have some cool stuff. no working in game models, but they have models from other games showing up in brawl box atleast.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I don't believe anyone at all besides me even thought of doing the Devil...

On a random side note, which one of the dances/poses given for Captain Falcon do you guys think I should do?

...I'm just afraid that complicated ones will make the file size too large and make the game freeze (unless I only do the 1st 10 seconds of it or so).
Any 10 seconds of the wierd Japanese dance thing would be awesome.

If some of you guys haven't checked, you should check the brawbox creation thread. They have some cool stuff. no working in game models, but they have models from other games showing up in brawl box atleast.
Yes, I've seen. Hopefully they will work in-game soon.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Here's the specials code!

As far as I know, the problems are with my own specials, not this code, so it should work out fine.

Put this in every subaction that you want to be able to be canceled into a special:

This is the specials code:

Put this in the Down-B:

And this in the side-B:

kudos to my sloppy arrow-drawing abilities.

@ brawlshifter: Plz put this in the OP.
I've read that you need to give up an A move in order for specials to work, is this true?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I've read that you need to give up an A move in order for specials to work, is this true?
No...what A move would you give up anyway?

And anyway...I haven't heard of any case in which this code has fully worked.

EDIT: I tried to make Popo=Sonic and Nana=Shadow (A slightly modified Sonic).

Then, I tried to give them independent textures.

AAAAAAANNNNDDDDDD....

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
No...what A move would you give up anyway?

And anyway...I haven't heard of any case in which this code has fully worked.

EDIT: I tried to make Popo=Sonic and Nana=Shadow (A slightly modified Sonic).

Then, I tried to give them independent textures.

AAAAAAANNNNDDDDDD....

Try again but with Sonic and Tails :V

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I am also one of these people. We COULD work together, but I'm pretty far on him as is right now. Speaking of which, I might post an update on him soon. Time shall tell.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
This is quite off-topic but...

I got an idea yesterday (in my sleep), and suddenly I realized that it's possible!

I've been working on it all morning, and I won't give details on what it is until I've done enough, but let's just say that the impossible will be slightly more possible.

EDIT: btw, how do you fix the texture problem that the Devil has? I looked at that post and couldn't really tell what to do...

thanyou

Smash Journeyman

I got an idea yesterday (in my sleep), and suddenly I realized that it's possible!

I've been working on it all morning, and I won't give details on what it is until I've done enough, but let's just say that the impossible will be slightly more possible.

EDIT: btw, how do you fix the texture problem that the Devil has? I looked at that post and couldn't really tell what to do...
If it has anything to do with making tails playable then I request that you spill ASAP.

MAJOR EDIT: I think I may be a genius, I might have found a way to make tails playable, as well as all the other characters with too few bones, I'll spill once I get home and test my theory.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
If it has anything to do with making tails playable then I request that you spill ASAP.
WTF?!?!

How'd you know?

Eh...give me a few minutes. I'm still in shock.

And before you yell at me, my technique IS working...but you ruined the surprise.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord

The texture problem should be fixed in the newest BrawlBox, so try reswapping the model.

And about this new idea, let me guess, you open up the model in a hex editor or Notepad and add bones in the correct places with the correct names and link the "strings" or whatever they're called to the bones?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
The texture problem should be fixed in the newest BrawlBox, so try reswapping the model.

And about this new idea, let me guess, you open up the model in a hex editor or Notepad and add bones in the correct places with the correct names and link the "strings" or whatever they're called to the bones?
No. I'm not that good. It's quite simple actually, and unfortunately, isn't really a model swap.

But I think the technique could probably work with Silver.

You'll be disappointed at how simple and not-life-changing this is.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
No. I'm not that good. It's quite simple actually, and unfortunately, isn't really a model swap.

But I think the technique could probably work with Silver.

You'll be disappointed at how simple and not-life-changing this is.
The more simple something is the better. Isn't that how engineers operate?

Anyways, please stop teasing us. Between this and RandomTBush's model importion I'm going to explode.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I know that Weegee and I are probably not thinking the same thing, (That Tails suggestion was a guess, I was just looking at the Green Hill Zone stage all morning and it suddenly clicked what I could do to get him working when I made that post) and I want to say what my theory is, but I might ruin Weegee's surprise if we are actually thinking the same thing DX

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I know that Weegee and I are probably not thinking the same thing, (That Tails suggestion was a guess, I was just looking at the Green Hill Zone stage all morning and it suddenly clicked what I could do to get him working when I made that post) and I want to say what my theory is, but I might ruin Weegee's surprise if we are actually thinking the same thing DX
Let me make another guess, you only swap polygons, not bones. Oh, and textures.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
...I'll say what I did as soon as I've done a successful test and have at least 1 pic.

Or if someone guesses it, but that would suck.

Let me make another guess, you only swap polygons, not bones. Oh, and textures.
Polygon swapping would still be pretty revolutionary, mine really isn't that good.

...I feel like by keeping people guessing, the hype's gonna increase, but then I'm gonna say the answer and then it won't be that good...

Top Bottom