• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
yeah, Tails is awesome!!!

I would try to make two versions of Tails, one with the exact same moveset as Sonic (for an Ice Climber-esque duo, maybe if possible with a different Ub B -> Helicopter)

And one single Character with his own moveset

But if possible, do not throw in handguns, wrenches and whatsoever keep him as 'Sonic 2' as possible, like they did with Sonic himself

And to the point I really wanted to ask
is it possible to change his body? shorten his legs and arms, smaller hands, etc, to make him look more like his 'Sonic 2'appearence?

oh, and have the tails bones, or are they only some sort of attachment, that can't move fluently?

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
Pics for Tails! (sorry to be so off-topic)

Tails joins the Brawl! And he comes with a wrench!
*IMAGE OF TAILS*
"Now, who said I was impossible?"
*IMAGE OF TAILS*
Just curious, would it be possible to use this method to make Tails another costume of Sonic? So you can have Sonic Vs. Tails, and have them both have the same moves? Hell, if so, have another costume be Shadow (using the Shadow Assist Trophy), Knuckles and Silver.

What I'm basically asking is if the bones are formatted in such a way that all of the regular animations can apply to them.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
...the new one. Then I asked Kryal and did what he said, and it still was messed up.:dizzy:

Anyway, I'm working on a Silver counterpart to give to someone else who needs a Silver ('cuz I'm not doing him).

Here's my Silver body:

Does it look accurate?
It looks nice but wouldn't there be a way to place bits and pieces of things from silver over top of sonic like how they did Roy's hair for Marth out of Isaac's hair? If so I'll take up the job of finishing Silver. If not...I'll still take up the job of finishing Silver. I'm bored anyways and have been wanting to make one for a while now.

Just curious, would it be possible to use this method to make Tails another costume of Sonic? So you can have Sonic Vs. Tails, and have them both have the same moves? Hell, if so, have another costume be Shadow (using the Shadow Assist Trophy), Knuckles and Silver.

What I'm basically asking is if the bones are formatted in such a way that all of the regular animations can apply to them.
If he did that method the way I think he did it, they can't be alternate costumes because that model has the head applied to his motion.pac or character.pac (not sure) as well which applies it to all Sonic's. Similar to the Roy that was made recently. And he said he isn't working on Silver as a character, he said he is making a Silver for whoever wants to mess with it because he isn't. And I quote "Anyway, I'm working on a Silver counterpart to give to someone else who needs a Silver ('cuz I'm not doing him) ."

Razanak7

Smash Ace
*Sigh* Did you not see what I just posted?

Besides, I told you a long time ago that things like COG were okay.

*Checks picture* That would be a bad*** replacement for the Super Scope, or some other gun. Some slight animation changes and you have a chaingun.
I just looked back, and I still don't see it.

And I also have the memory span of a goldfish, so I completely forgot about that. So, I guess the ROB Rocket can be added, then?

... And I never thought of using it as an item, considering it's going to be a playable character. I should try and replace the Scope with it.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Due to an endless stream of crashing problems and my last Gamecube controller starting to die, I've passed the Gardevoir project onto L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I just looked back, and I still don't see it.

And I also have the memory span of a goldfish, so I completely forgot about that. So, I guess the ROB Rocket can be added, then?

... And I never thought of using it as an item, considering it's going to be a playable character. I should try and replace the Scope with it.
Yes, ROB Rocket is okay. Are you going to completely make him a character?

Due to an endless stream of crashing problems and my last Gamecube controller starting to die, I've passed the Gardevoir project onto L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s.
Are you sure?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Are you sure?
*sigh* No, not at all, but I haven't gotten anything done in forever, and I can't test it without a working controller. :urg: He offered to do it.

If you can get my files to work, then I'll try to work on them some more, and it can just be a co-op project between me and him. Otherwise, there's really not much more I can do. I'm uploading the files right now.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Why would you wish that on anybody?
Because Silver's portion on that game wasn't so bad. If McSnapple wanted to wish death upon someone it would be telling them to go play Shadow The Hedgehog.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Speaking of Eldiran helping people, have you and FortWaffles done anything with his Isaac?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hey Eldiran, what are the sword glow parameters again? I forgot, and I need it for one of these characters.
Here ya go:

Sword Glow
11031400:
1st Parameter: trail to use
2nd Parameter: (Value) duration/length of trail
Parameter 2, 6, and 12: (Value) Bone
Parameter 3, 4, 5: 1st point glow trail offsets
Parameter 7, 8, 9: 2nd point glow trail offsets
Parameter 11: Value of glow graphic
Parameter 13: Forward offset of glow
Parameter 14: Sidewise offset of glow
Parameter 15: Z offset of glow
Parameter 16: rotate on forward axis
Parameter 17: rotate on sideward axis
Parameter 18: rotate on Z axis?
Boolean Parameter: Disappear at end of subaction
Last Parameter: (Scalar) size of effect.

You're working on Isaac too, Eldiran?
Yep, I'm helping out fortwaffles with the PSA side of things.

Speaking of Eldiran helping people, have you and FortWaffles done anything with his Isaac?
I did a fair bit a couple days during winter break, and then got a little sidetracked with other projects and with school <.< But basically, I'm still working on it, everr soo slooowwllyyy. I basically just need to actually sit down and work on it. It's hard to get focused sometimes...

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Here ya go:

Sword Glow
11031400:
1st Parameter: trail to use
2nd Parameter: (Value) duration/length of trail
Parameter 2, 6, and 12: (Value) Bone
Parameter 3, 4, 5: 1st point glow trail offsets
Parameter 7, 8, 9: 2nd point glow trail offsets
Parameter 11: Value of glow graphic
Parameter 13: Forward offset of glow
Parameter 14: Sidewise offset of glow
Parameter 15: Z offset of glow
Parameter 16: rotate on forward axis
Parameter 17: rotate on sideward axis
Parameter 18: rotate on Z axis?
Boolean Parameter: Disappear at end of subaction
Last Parameter: (Scalar) size of effect.

Yep, I'm helping out fortwaffles with the PSA side of things.
Thanks! I hope this works...

I gave you credit in the OP along with fortwaffles.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
It looks nice but wouldn't there be a way to place bits and pieces of things from silver over top of sonic like how they did Roy's hair for Marth out of Isaac's hair? If so I'll take up the job of finishing Silver. If not...I'll still take up the job of finishing Silver. I'm bored anyways and have been wanting to make one for a while now.

If he did that method the way I think he did it, they can't be alternate costumes because that model has the head applied to his motion.pac or character.pac (not sure) as well which applies it to all Sonic's. Similar to the Roy that was made recently. And he said he isn't working on Silver as a character, he said he is making a Silver for whoever wants to mess with it because he isn't. And I quote "Anyway, I'm working on a Silver counterpart to give to someone else who needs a Silver ('cuz I'm not doing him) ."
I believe you can take thing from Silver--I just don't know of a way to take little bits and pieces without taking the whole Silver and shrinking the rest of him down (which adds a large file size increase).

...Yes, I'm handing off Silver as soon as I get his head on properly. Anyone who takes the model should be sure to credit me...

B^ should be the copter of course. Maybe add an effect that reflects upwards due to the tails spinning ( like if somebody throws a bomb down at you while your trying to recover.)

For B neutral id use the tail spin from Sonic Adventure, pressing B more prolongs the spin & lets you move side to side. (Basically mk's tornado but stays on the ground and not cheap as hell)

I'd keep Bv the same as Sonic's unless you change speed or power

For B> I'd put in the bomb throw from Tail's Adventure (his only true solo excursion). While propelling he can drop them straight down. Other options would be any of his various arm cannons from Sonic Battle. My favorite, though idk how you'd do it is the giant extnsion chord from Sonic Riders. I suppose any of these could go for neutral B as well.

Smash> Hammer essentially identical to Popo's in animation, once agian ala Tail's Adventure. Side A midair would work like Kirby's side B from Melee.

Since you gave him a wrench I suppose a lot of his smash attacks will deal with that, although personally i'd remove it.
Those sound great, except I don't know how to give Tails a bomb. Well, I've seen people have Link's bombs, only I have no idea how that works.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
It's pretty easy.

Generate Item:
0-55

(55 is the item ID for Link's bombs.)
Oh, thanks.

I thought it involved some super-article swapping and a lot of programming...

And I must have overcomplicated it somewhere along the way.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
I believe you can take thing from Silver--I just don't know of a way to take little bits and pieces without taking the whole Silver and shrinking the rest of him down (which adds a large file size increase).

...Yes, I'm handing off Silver as soon as I get his head on properly. Anyone who takes the model should be sure to credit me...
If it's okay with you I would like to take on the task of finishing Silver up when you get the head on. Even if parts of him are not available I'll mess with it until i get him a proper moveset and such.

Also, much like they did with Roy, isn't possible to texture parts of him transparent, if thats the case then his boots would be a simple fix on. Sonic's Yellow Bracelet model looks almost enough to be like silvers so i could use that if possible and edit it a bit for the glow.

I'll make sure to credit you if you let me take the project up. I probably won't even credit myself for that matter.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Do you plan on having Tails spawn and carry the bomb like link, or just throw it. Also would use toon link's over links, I think it looks more like the original

Razanak7

Smash Ace
What in the name of god is that contraption?
Cybernetic Omega Golem, or COG.

Hey, there's COG. I missed him. Why did you stop working on him, Razanak?
I couldn't get it to load. I kind of got the stand pose to work on Samus, but it was really glitchy.

Speaking of glitchy, is there a way to remove the effect on some bones when the character stands on a slope? As in, how the character's legs and feet move to match the ground, or in ROB's case, his whole upper body. Because of this, whenever the rocket stands on a slope, parts of it will stay level while the rest moves. Not a big issue, but kind of unsightly.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Here's the Silver stuff!

http://www.mediafire.com/?jc2yjimuwmr
http://www.mediafire.com/?zgnny3tynty

Silver's head has a texture problem...the new Brawlbox doesn't seem to be helping me much with this.

Cybernetic Omega Golem, or COG.

I couldn't get it to load. I kind of got the stand pose to work on Samus, but it was really glitchy.

Speaking of glitchy, is there a way to remove the effect on some bones when the character stands on a slope? As in, how the character's legs and feet move to match the ground, or in ROB's case, his whole upper body. Because of this, whenever the rocket stands on a slope, parts of it will stay level while the rest moves. Not a big issue, but kind of unsightly.

How'd you get Rob's body to look like that?

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
I'm having an issue with Snover. I'm this close to getting Hail to work. I've abandoned articles because I saw the method in the PSA Common Problems thread by which one gives characters projectiles by replacing the models in each characters' ef_character.pac and attaching them to bones that don't move parts of the character. Luckily, Snover has plenty of these, and it's actually working (*excited*)... for the most part. The problem is that the new external graphics aren't showing up, the old ones that I replaced are. I put the file in the correct directory (pf/effect/fighter/ef_pikachu.pac), but it seems like the game still isn't seeing the file.

Anyone have a solution?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Is it supposed to be named FitPikachu.pac and not ef_pikachu.pac?
...and if you are using ef_pikachu.pac, I think that's a part of Fit_Pikachu.pac and should be inside.

...has Tails been OP'd yet? I'm just too lazy to look.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Here's the Silver stuff!

Silver's head has a texture problem...the new Brawlbox doesn't seem to be helping me much with this.
Alright AWESOME. Ill get to work right away on getting stuff on Silver organized.

*EDIT* OOOOk i went to test out silver to see the issue. His head isnt properly placed onto his body, and it spawns a second head when you do any spin related moves. I'll see if i can fix the texture issue first.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
yeah, Tails is awesome!!!
But if possible, do not throw in handguns, wrenches and whatsoever keep him as 'Sonic 2' as possible, like they did with Sonic himself
fluently?
Thats what I was going for too. Sonic has homing attack, originated in adventure 1. The same goes for Tail's spin. The bombs are from Tail's adventure, way back on the game gear, released around the time of Sonic 2 or 3. I really think he should have a move from this game as it was his only true solo game (by true I mean good :p)

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Thats what I was going for too. Sonic has homing attack, originated in adventure 1. The same goes for Tail's spin. The bombs are from Tail's adventure, way back on the game gear, released around the time of Sonic 2 or 3. I really think he should have a move from this game as it was his only true solo game (by true I mean good :p)
So what should I give him? I'm really clueless on Sonic games, so being specific would help.
I only have the later ones, which suck. A lot.

Just postin' Silver pics!

Suren

Smash Journeyman
So what should I give him? I'm really clueless on Sonic games, so being specific would help.
I only have the later ones, which suck. A lot.

Just postin' Silver pics!

...ok what the crap...i downloaded your silver and his head wasn't attached like that at all.

Top Bottom