• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Suren

Smash Journeyman
really? where was it?
It was floating like a foot above his neck area, on the side note his head dissapears during entrance and winning poses and an extra head spawns when he starts his spin attacks. I dont know if that can be fixed but thats fine when I can get a PSA on him. I'm just worried about it floating XD

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
So what should I give him? I'm really clueless on Sonic games, so being specific would help.
I only have the later ones, which suck. A lot.
here you can see tails throwing bombs (B>) and using the hammer (A>)
you can also see how when he throws a bomb while coptering, he throws it straight down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9zrgVXcK1A&feature=related
for the love of god though mute the video, the narrator sucks)

here you can see the spin attack from adventure (B neutral) at about the 5min mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahrD_04H2JE

B^ should be copter, and if the whole deflecting deal like i talked about before is possible I'd add it but if not thats cool too :p

Bv should just be sonic's Bv

For a down smash I'd have him spin his tail around once like Popo does with his hammer

Idk why but an uppercut seems appropriate for an Up Smash, I know I've seen him do it somewhere lol

His standard A combo should stay the same as Sonic's too. The move comes from Sonic Fighters, and in that game Tails performs it identically to sonic

If you need ideas for random smashes or tilts, most of Sonics were taken from Sonic the Fighters

I have no idea for a Final Smash that would be programable, as Super Tails varies from Super Sonic by a wide margin. A transformation into his walker from Adventure 2 like fox into the landmaster would be epic, but good luck with that lol.

As a matter of fact, maybe you could just recolor the landmaster to look like the tornado... It'd be really fitting of tails even though were not in need of ANOTHER character with a landmaster lol.

These are just some ideas I have floating around, feel free to tell me they're horrible lol :p

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Nice work Mr. Weegee! ...what's up with the textures for Silver and Tails, by the way?
I have no idea. I even used the latest Brawbox version...but maybe that is the problem...

It was floating like a foot above his neck area, on the side note his head dissapears during entrance and winning poses and an extra head spawns when he starts his spin attacks. I dont know if that can be fixed but thats fine when I can get a PSA on him. I'm just worried about it floating XD
Just go into fitsonic.pac and go into the GFX of Wait1. There is the head's GFX, which I happened to replace his nair's GFX with, so that explains it.

anyway, in that GFX ection, there'll be the GFX for Silver's head, so you can change the offsets.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Just go into fitsonic.pac and go into the GFX of Wait1. There is the head's GFX, which I happened to replace his nair's GFX with, so that explains it.

anyway, in that GFX ection, there'll be the GFX for Silver's head, so you can change the offsets.

....ok...thats akward... Is it supposed to have alot of motions that say <null>

melic67

Smash Cadet
Recently I have been working on giving Isaac his sword in his smash attacks. Is there anyway to copy a bone and change it. Im thinking the sword on his back. I would want to keep the sheath but make it so he has a sword out as well. What is the best way going about this?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I'll make sure to credit you if you let me take the project up. I probably won't even credit myself for that matter.
But I'll credit both of you.

Silver's head has a texture problem...the new Brawlbox doesn't seem to be helping me much with this.
Tell Kryal, and give him the file. That's what I did.

...has Tails been OP'd yet? I'm just too lazy to look.
Doing it now.

Alright AWESOME. Ill get to work right away on getting stuff on Silver organized.
Adding to OP.

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
Is it supposed to be named FitPikachu.pac and not ef_pikachu.pac?
...and if you are using ef_pikachu.pac, I think that's a part of Fit_Pikachu.pac and should be inside.

Apparently whoever made this directory for all the files was deliberately trying to confuse me. I found ef_pikachu.pac under effect/fighter in there, and therefore had never even thought to look in FitPikachu.pac.

Thanks for your help. *sigh*

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Recently I have been working on giving Isaac his sword in his smash attacks. Is there anyway to copy a bone and change it. Im thinking the sword on his back. I would want to keep the sheath but make it so he has a sword out as well. What is the best way going about this?
I doubt his sword even has a blade. If you want him to use the sword, you would need to make one, which won't be easy...

Hex out the hilt in the sheath for starters. Then you'd need to swap in a sword and all the sword-related graphics (I recommend Link's). When the sword isn't in use, move it into the sheath, and when it is, back into his hand.

I probably didn't explain that very well, but that's how I would go about it.

EDIT: ROB Rocket pics!

Whoosh! Fiery jets shoot out the back.

The wings fold in occasionally.

This guy has a huge shield, but it has to be moved to actually block anything.

It may be a giant missile, but this thing's got some moves!

DO A BARREL ROLL!

melic67

Smash Cadet
I know the sword doesn't have a blade. So I would have to hex edit the hilt and can I just take the sword from link and put it in?

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
@ Razanak7

I cannot wait for this any longer.
He should be called the ROBkit xD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...O__o

Now THAT should be his Final Smash. I would actually remember that ROB exists if it was. XD

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I doubt his sword even has a blade. If you want him to use the sword, you would need to make one, which won't be easy...

Hex out the hilt in the sheath for starters. Then you'd need to swap in a sword and all the sword-related graphics (I recommend Link's). When the sword isn't in use, move it into the sheath, and when it is, back into his hand.

I probably didn't explain that very well, but that's how I would go about it.

EDIT: ROB Rocket pics!

Whoosh! Fiery jets shoot out the back.

The wings fold in occasionally.

This guy has a huge shield, but it has to be moved to actually block anything.

It may be a giant missile, but this thing's got some moves!

DO A BARREL ROLL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgTNqCfG9pY&feature=related

skip to 8:40, smashing resemblence

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Wow, I think I have this sword glow thing all wrong. So, lets say I want to generate someone over Diddy, what would I do? The person who answers me gets the satisfaction of knowing they helped someone make a great model, or a cookie, you pick.
...what do you mean by "generate someone?"

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Just like how you generated part of aomeone, I want to generate all of someone, as I suggested to you.
Sword Glow is only an effective way to create objects when you are doing it with a sword character. You'd be better off replacing Diddy's popgun, jetpack, or similar article, and generating the article as you normally would.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Sword Glow is only an effective way to create objects when you are doing it with a sword character. You'd be better off replacing Diddy's popgun, jetpack, or similar article, and generating the article as you normally would.
Thanks. What I actually did was replace the popgun hoping I could call it with the Sword Glow event, but if I can do it with the generate article event, then that would be great.

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
Is the only way?, Well, thanks for the info, but there should be a way to have the Alloy as player 1 or CPU 1 and working, anyway this works just fine

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Thanks. What I actually did was replace the popgun hoping I could call it with the Sword Glow event, but if I can do it with the generate article event, then that would be great.
If you're gonna make a whole char with this, who is it?

...and won't the article need a lot of animations? (although there is a code for that...)

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you're gonna make a whole char with this, who is it?

...and won't the article need a lot of animations? (although there is a code for that...)
1. You'll see who in a few minutes. (Or tomorrow, if I can't get it done fast enough.)

2.THERE'S A CODE!?!? YES!!! I had no idea, I was just worrying about the model, and then I was going to worry about that.

EDIT: Strange...the model itself isn't working for some reason. I replaced the model of the Peanut Popgun with ______, deleted some polygons, and generated article 0 in PSA, but it still generates the normal popgun...well, you're not going to see who it is tonight. Hopefully tomorrow. If anyone wants to take a look at the file, PM me.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Article Animation Code:

I think that you guys should know that Angle 16D (365) affects power as well, so be careful with it
EDIT: Oh and, when I said this:
My buddy dant (Tongue) and I found a few things:

10040200 is Set Article Animation.

Parameter 0 = Article ID
Parameter 1 = Animation ID

For example, on Link's hookshot head, animation 0 = open, animation 1 = closed.

10070200 is... Well honestly I don't know. Whenever I change the value it seems to make the article invisible or just flat out not there.. All I know is that Parameter 0 = Article ID
We were wrong. This is Change Article ACTION, much more interesting.
Apparently it works; I gave it to ds22 and now his Naruto Shadow Clone has 2 animations.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Brawlshifter, the popgun is, I believe, loaded from the individual costume files. You'll have to edit that instead.

Also what Mr. Weegee quoted should work well for it -- I think you can even use more animations than are normally allowed by adding more Animation Data. Maybe.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Silvers speed rivals that of shadows and sonics. Though he's not as fast as sonic.

http://www.giantbomb.com/silver-the-hedgehog/94-1969/

Go to the abilities section.......It even says"Silver can run at extremely fast speeds"
Okay, I don't know where the person who posted Silver's abilities got the idea that Silver can do those things. But he can't. If you have ever played Sonic the hedgehog for the Xbox 360 and PS3 (yes I played that piece of crap) then you would know that Silver walks so freakin slow compared to Shadow's and Sonic's speed. Silver can't use homing attack or spindash either. I'm guessing this guy got this from the game Sonic Rivals, I've never played that but I don't think we should count that game cuz it doesn't seem to be canon with the real sonic story and from what I have heard the game sucked. So in my opinion Silver should be slow, and should only be able to hover and use teleknetic powers like he could in Sonic 2006.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Pfft, ignore the previous post and make Silver fast. It's quite true that he wasn't fast at all in 06, and that was his only major flaw...play wise anyways. XD

So rather than slow him down, speed up him. Have him keep Sonic's speed, okay? It makes much more sense that way. After all, no slow characters should exist in the Sonic universe anyways. This is why characters like Amy and Big ended up getting sped up completely in Sonic Heroes and in the Sonic Advance games and those after. :3

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Pfft, ignore the previous post and make Silver fast. It's quite true that he wasn't fast at all in 06, and that was his only major flaw...play wise anyways. XD

So rather than slow him down, speed up him. Have him keep Sonic's speed, okay? It makes much more sense that way. After all, no slow characters should exist in the Sonic universe anyways. This is why characters like Amy and Big ended up getting sped up completely in Sonic Heroes and in the Sonic Advance games and those after. :3
I strongly disagree. Being fast is what defines Sonic, and if everyone in his universe is as fast as him, it makes him pointless. Even as far back as Sonic 3 & Knuckles, SEGA understood this. Knuckles ran slower than Sonic and Tails needed to use his tails to boost his speed just to keep up with the hedgehog, but even then frequently fell behind.

Amy and others started getting sped up in the Sonic games due to sheer laziness and a lack of creativity. The developers (DiMPS for the Advance series, Sonic Team for all the others) couldn't come up with an imaginative use of the characters like the original Sonic Team did in Sonic Adventure 1, so they copy-pasted Sonic's gameplay onto all the characters. It's an extreme waste of potential.

In Sonic Heroes it got worse because Sonic Team came up with this really nice formula for controlling Sonic/Tails/Knuckles and then decided ALL PROTAGONISTS IN THE GAME UNIVERSE must abide by this formula even if they did not fit it at all. This is because, again, they were too lazy to design entire levels around a unique gameplay mechanic for each team, so they forced all teams to have the same gameplay.

The disjoint between the gameplay and characters is especially noticeable with Team Rose and Team Chaotix. The Team needs to stay together at all times throughout the level even while in Speed formation, so the other two members of the team got magnetically attracted to their Speed member while in Speed Mode for no adequately explained reason. It's fine for gameplay purposes, but anybody who tries to take this mechanic as storyline canon needs a good whack with the Piko-Piko Hammer and a reminder that 1ups and Rings don't work in the story either.

Outside of Sonic Heroes being all stupid with how it treats its characters, Amy is nowhere near Sonic's speed; try playing her against Sonic in any racing level of SA2:B. Then go play as Big in Sonic Adventure and tell me he could move with more grace than a walking bathtub if it wasn't for Sonic Team needing a third member of Team Rose.

I abhor Sonic Rivals and its ludicrous card-flinging storyline; any chance to ignore its existence is heartily approved by me. Make Silver slow as hell, it's a good balance to the extreme power of his telekinesis.

EDIT: Wtf, how did I wind up writing so much about a silly cartoon hedgehog's storyline canon. I need to take a walk outside for a while.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
"They were lazy"?

Is that seriously the best you could come up with Stoney? I'd expect something a lot more meaningful from you. -.o

But I'm not gonna get wrapped up in the same kind of stupid arguments the rest of the fanbase does. I'm sure you know fully well what I mean. XD

Whoever is making it, it's up to you. But if you don't make him fast, I WILL. So I'm happy either way. :3

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
"They were lazy"?

Is that seriously the best you could come up with Stoney? I'd expect something a lot more meaningful from you. -.o
What?

I think I just remembered why I stopped going to Sonic-related forums in the first place. You're trying to find some deep meaning behind everything, Wave; sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.

humble

Smash Ace
I would agree with Stoney- Silver should focus on his unique aspects; I would love to see Telekinesis related moves, as opposed to just Sonic with a new texture. Speed is Sonics thing; For Silver, it is telekinesis, and that should be emphasized.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Its not like it matters, the move set I've already got planned out. Yes he will be slower than Sonic, but aside the point all of you seem to forget the cut scenes on '06 as well as areas in the game with wide gaps. Silver used his telekinesis to travel great distances faster but limited by his energy, this means he is still slower than Sonic and has a cap for his speed, the only time I've seen Silver go faster than Sonic is in the very first Silver cut scene in '06, not like that matters because it was only one cut scene. I agree that Silver should be slow because speed is Sonic's thing not Silver's. Not a disadvantage as most of you guys know seeing as how Ike can easily kill people as slow as he is. Don't let speed bug you =/

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What?

I think I just remembered why I stopped going to Sonic-related forums in the first place. You're trying to find some deep meaning behind everything, Wave; sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.
Look who decided to assume everything. I'm not looking for any "deep meaning" at all. I figure I'm looking for less since I don't want that much change. -_-

I meant that you usually have a lot more to your points whenever you intervene in matters, according to what I've seen anyways, that's all. >.>

...And why "cigar"? Cigarette would be better since cigars are more rich, hence more deep. XD;

And I will let the speed bug me since I hate anything that's slow paced in a fast paced setting. Or sometimes just slow things in general. Don't mind me. :3

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I made the texture a little better but um, wheres the head?

edit: o wait does silver have those blue cirecles on Both sides of his hands?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yup, he has them on both sides. Don't fret, you're doing a good job so far. :3

Though just out of curiosity, why are you guys making a new Silver texture when KC:MM already has a very good one? o.o

Top Bottom