• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Alright I'm pretty sure I got it now. You want me to change Sonic's FitMotionEtc.pac to make it so his TransN doesn't do anything and the EyeYellowM is the bone that moves the way the TransN moves, right?
Exactly! :chuckle: I'm glad we got that cleared up.

You may get the speed up/slow down glitch though. If you do, come on back and we can fix it much quicker than this issue, it's much simpler. But either way, he will move.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Which was what I said right?
Not quite. The order of the icons for the characters is determined by an Ocarina code that you have to put in. The common5.pac only determines the images that appear for the different texture selections. It's just a composite of images with magenta backgrounds.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Here's the side Hyrule Tmeple project I was working on, even though it's off topic.

Where's everyone in Hyrule Tmeple?

Oh, wait...they're in the background?!?

Basically, it's three towers and one house, spanning from Luigi over on the left to Mario on the other side.

Luigi recommends it.

Maybe I could have gotten better pics...

Anyway, just a few spawning problems to fix and I'll release!
The rest works fine.

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
That's not the actual model. He used scaling and textures to make it look like the real model.
oh then, my bad...still, it looks pretty legit, i wish i can get a download for that V-joe

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Not quite. The order of the icons for the characters is determined by an Ocarina code that you have to put in. The common5.pac only determines the images that appear for the different texture selections. It's just a composite of images with magenta backgrounds.
I said at the beginning of that message to go to the first post on this thread. That has the code and this was even mentioned by brawl shifter. So yea I did mention the code, Im aware what common5.pac does.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Here's the side Hyrule Tmeple project I was working on, even though it's off topic.

(pics)

Anyway, just a few spawning problems to fix and I'll release!
The rest works fine.
lol, I was going to do the exact same thing.

I clicked on Meta Ridley and it gave me the DL for Rocket ROB
That's... odd. :confused:

Well, I thinking about having the DL removed anyway, I would rather wait until he has at least one attack before a beta release.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Exactly! :chuckle: I'm glad we got that cleared up.

You may get the speed up/slow down glitch though. If you do, come on back and we can fix it much quicker than this issue, it's much simpler. But either way, he will move.
Alright I got it working! All I had to do was switch the names around of Sonic's EyeYellowM bone with his TransN. Now he walks when he's on ToonLink! Now I just have to figure out which character would be best suited to be able to have enough animations to do Sonic's specials and other stuff.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
http://www.mcleodgaming.com/ssf2sprites/characters/Tails/tails.png

...I'm now loaded with ideas.

But I don't know which ones to use for attacks and what attacks to put them on.
Most of that is decent, but if you really want to make a great tails, you need to play this game:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tails_Adventure

It was for the Sega Game Gear, so most people aren't aware of its existence, but it's an excellent game. The gameplay revolves around collecting quite an arsenal of weaponry, so you should find plenty of material for attacks. Also, I'm not sure, but I would guess that this is game where tails first developed personality(as opposed to being sonic that can fly).

I highly suggest that you get a rom of this game. If you own Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut, it's apparently bonus content on that disc.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Most of that is decent, but if you really want to make a great tails, you need to play this game:

It was for the Sega Game Gear, so most people aren't aware of its existence, but it's an excellent game. The gameplay revolves around collecting quite an arsenal of weaponry, so you should find plenty of material for attacks. Also, I'm not sure, but I would guess that this is game where tails first developed personality(as opposed to being sonic that can fly).

I highly suggest that you get a rom of this game. If you own Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut, it's apparently bonus content on that disc.
I DO have DX: Director's Cut!

I'll see if I can play Tails Adventure there.

Been making progress on Tails:
-Side-B done! You can even control he direction and strength of his throw, similar to Yoshi's egg.
-Up-B pretty much done.
-I gave him the sphere that I polygon deleted back, and colored it orange
-fsmash done! If you tilt it up, he swings his hammer upward.

For the Final Smash, I'll probably just model Super Sonic with the Tornado, since they both fly. I might also add a shooting function. My only problem is that I don't know of any model that looks like a Tornado.

And...

Here it is!

http://www.mediafire.com/?2gwygqkgjyj

I couldn't fix that spawning problem. For some reason, someone random always spawns under the 3rd tower and dies.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
For the Final Smash, I'll probably just model Super Sonic with the Tornado, since they both fly. I might also add a shooting function. My only problem is that I don't know of any model that looks like a Tornado.
I like the idea of firing with the tornado from a perspective like snake's final smash more. Perhaps it fires rapidly, quickly racking damage, but has minimum(and set) knockback. At the end of the final smash, the Tornado switches to "speed mode" and flies at the screen just like dragoon.

what about the plane from that dk course, ummmm, the one with the waterfall
!

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Link has two or three, take your pick.

And...

*stage pic*

Here it is!

http://www.mediafire.com/?2gwygqkgjyj

I couldn't fix that spawning problem. For some reason, someone random always spawns under the 3rd tower and dies.
For now, I would put some floors under ground so they can get back up without dying or interfering with the normal collisions.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
what about the plane from that dk course, ummmm, the one with the waterfall
YES!!!

:( I have to do EVERYTHING in Sonic Adventure: DX Director's Cut to unlock Tails's Adventure.

I guess I'll look for a rom.

I like the idea of firing with the tornado from a perspective like snake's final smash more. Perhaps it fires rapidly, quickly racking damage, but has minimum(and set) knockback. At the end of the final smash, the Tornado switches to "speed mode" and flies at the screen just like dragoon.
I did think of that (the first part), but then I realized how hard that is, because I cannot simply take Snake's Final Smash code...
Link has two or three, take your pick.

For now, I would put some floors under ground so they can get back up without dying or interfering with the normal collisions.
by "Tornado", I was referring to Tails's plane...

Yeah, but if someone spawns there and doesn't feel like leaving, nobody could hit them.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Yeah, but if someone spawns there and doesn't feel like leaving, nobody could hit them.
Perhaps if you made the platform above where the new platform would be placed as a fall-through platform, similar to the roof of that larger flat section on the original Hyrule.

Also, another couple of thoughts:
The roof between the first and second towers on the right should be traversable. I noticed it's too open of a hole in the stage's design.
Also, going with fall-through platforms for the building on the left so you could walk beneath the roof would be nice. The invisible walls blocking you from walking under that roof disappointed me a bit.

All-in-all, it's a great idea for a map. I love it.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice

It was for the Sega Game Gear, so most people aren't aware of its existence, but it's an excellent game. The gameplay revolves around collecting quite an arsenal of weaponry, so you should find plenty of material for attacks.
I also recommend his energy cannon thing from Sonic Battle. :p

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I need help for my new project
I would like to make Master Hand playable like that
But it's just a test,he has a move just for "wait" and "walk"
The problem is when I try to walk he return back
I don't know how to fix this walk glitch

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
@Mr.Weegee
Just a few questions:

Is Tails Up B like the one from Pit? Like free movement in the air, like how it is in the games? And does he get exhausted after a few seconds and looses height? Justed wanted to know about that
like, are facial expressions at all possible?

But for his final Smash: Could you combine the plane from the DK Waterfalls with the attack from Dragoon?
When i imagine it, it would look like this:
The plane appears without tails out of the background and Tails Jumps into it (like Captain Falcon's or Star Fox's intro just backwards) and it flows into the screen, (could also fly from left to right, might even to minimal damage there)
then the cross hairs from dragoon appear (is cross hairs the right word? I'm not a native English speaker)
and then instead of Dragoon, the plain flies through the stage,
and at last Tails falls through the sky

n64billy

Smash Ace
@Mr.Weegee
Just a few questions:

Is Tails Up B like the one from Pit? Like free movement in the air, like how it is in the games? And does he get exhausted after a few seconds and looses height? Justed wanted to know about that

But for his final Smash: Could you combine the plane from the DK Waterfalls with the attack from Dragoon?
The plane appears without tails out of the background and Tails Jumps into it (like Captain Falcon's or Star Fox's intro just backwards) and it flows into the screen, (could also fly from left to right, might even to minimal damage there)
then the cross hairs from dragoon appear (is cross hairs the right word? I'm not a native English speaker)
First, that's exactly how Tails UpB should work...

Secondly, I think that's a great idea for a final smash as well!

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
What ever happened to that glover project is that still in the making and is there a video for that because i want to see it

*To Shifter* Its not my wiii its my family's wii but im getting an iso and if that doesn't work then this month im going to have enough money to buy my own wii so yea

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Fixed walk glitch for my Playable Master Hand
Made some animation,walk,run,jump,turn,shield and dodge (I can't use them with an alloy ><)
And the first attacks,the jabs
It's very fun and cool,with PSA,the little jabs are powerfull (5 or 10% dammage)

The combo jab

Simple jab

Squat

I hope I will finish all the moves soon,I can't wait to play that full character (even if I make it lol)

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Perhaps if you made the platform above where the new platform would be placed as a fall-through platform, similar to the roof of that larger flat section on the original Hyrule.

Also, another couple of thoughts:
The roof between the first and second towers on the right should be traversable. I noticed it's too open of a hole in the stage's design.
Also, going with fall-through platforms for the building on the left so you could walk beneath the roof would be nice. The invisible walls blocking you from walking under that roof disappointed me a bit.

All-in-all, it's a great idea for a map. I love it.
...well, the spawning problem was fixed, i guess.

Well, the roof would be an easy hiding place, though, like the bottom-left section of the original Hyrule Temple. Still, I was thinking about it...

I also recommend his energy cannon thing from Sonic Battle. :p
Is it this?

If so, I can do it easily.

http://www.mediafire.com/?15mmlfm5dyj

Fixed the spawn points and tightened up some collisions but I think pkmn trainer might be floating in the air.
YES! I'll try it soon.

@Mr.Weegee
Just a few questions:

like, are facial expressions at all possible?

Yes, it'll be like Pit's. However, facial expressions probably won't be possible.

I'm still thinking about it. I know I can't simply fuse the two; I'd have to make my own replication code...I'm just afraid things like that might be too hard. :urg:
However, that HAS crossed my mind, too...

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it'll be like Pit's.
I highly suggest that tails be able to drop special bombs when in flight, as this is an integral part of Tails' Adventure. I also suggest that his tails reflect projectiles from the top to help prevent gimping.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace

Well, the roof would be an easy hiding place, though, like the bottom-left section of the original Hyrule Temple. Still, I was thinking about it...

Is it this?

If so, I can do it easily.

YES! I'll try it soon.

Yes, it'll be like Pit's. However, facial expressions probably won't be possible.

I'm still thinking about it. I know I can't simply fuse the two; I'd have to make my own replication code...I'm just afraid things like that might be too hard. :urg:
However, that HAS crossed my mind, too...
Just wondering, have you any screenshots of a working tails yet?

EDIT: I noticed in the sprite sheet from Super Smash Flash 2, all of tails' animations are from Sonic Battle.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Hey Mr.weegee I got an idea which im sure you might have thought of but, if you plan on useing the ray gun for tails nuetral b you could use samus nuetral b animation perhaps?? He could charge it and all and the only thing you would really have to do would charge the color of the ball. It might be alittle moe complicated then that but, just trying to throw some ideas out there.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Hey Mr.weegee I got an idea which im sure you might have thought of but, if you plan on useing the ray gun for tails nuetral b you could use samus nuetral b animation perhaps?? He could charge it and all and the only thing you would really have to do would charge the color of the ball. It might be alittle moe complicated then that but, just trying to throw some ideas out there.
If it shot the energy balls from the Super Scope, it'd be peeeimpin

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
That's... odd. :confused:
........I named the link wrong........which confused me into not putting the actual Meta Ridley link........

What ever happened to that glover project is that still in the making and is there a video for that because i want to see it

*To Shifter* Its not my wiii its my family's wii but im getting an iso and if that doesn't work then this month im going to have enough money to buy my own wii so yea
The Glover project was just a suggestion, no one actually took it up.

Will you start Hammer Bro. again, or move on to something else.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641

It may have been, but there's always more than one option.

I may not have described myself properly when I last spoke in here.
As thus, I have a picture.

The yellow indicates a rough estimate of where the boundries are. The red lines are solid platoforms, and as thus, cannot be fallen through. You can probably tell where I've added a bit of solid ground.
Green indicates fall-through platforms, so one may have more of a field to fight upon. I don't know how four people would fight on this map without there being some crowding going on.

The new spots I've added are the shrine being accessible and the roof above it being a fall-through, the solid platform a bit inside of the tower with the issue, or the one I was having an issue with anyway, with the roof above it, as well as the bridge, being a fall-through.
The final spot was that last roof between the two towers on the right. It adds another area of combat, which is useful to have in such a small-platformed stage.

I will admit the drawing was a tad rushed, but I hope you can understand it at least.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
...ok I know its no big deal but I wanted to place silvers chest fur on sonics model. Would it be possible to polygon delete to where it wont get rid of his chest fur? If not, no big deal.

Top Bottom