• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* I hate to beg for help (and somewhat go off topic) but I REALLY need a skilled animator to help with my Mew project. I can handle the PSA and everything, and I already have the model placed over Jiggs with the appropriate number of bones (thanks to Serrix ;)), but I have little to no experience when it comes to manipulating and changing characters' animations. I would love to get this project on the road, but without any animations to work off of, I'm pretty much at a standstill.

Please, if anybody is willing to help I would really appreciate your assistance. :ohwell:

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I think everyone should work on the smae project, that way we can have one really good finished project Instead of 60 small unfinished projects =D

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
I agree? We've been teased so much! We need a finished product, and one with exceptional quality.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Maybe a replacement for him; but I have to agree. Getting a little carried away with playable characters. a kirby enemy? Ho-oh?! lol jk
i thought ho-oh is a boss character o.o

ummm i think projects like golem / Ada wong / kamec / jack thorn / etc. arent very helpful :(

what does smashboards have to show for all our work, 50 very small, very under develloped, very slow moving projects that will probably never get done.

If we all band together and work on a character together we could finish it so quickly.

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* I hate to beg for help (and somewhat go off topic) but I REALLY need a skilled animator to help with my Mew project. I can handle the PSA and everything, and I already have the model placed over Jiggs with the appropriate number of bones (thanks to Serrix ;)), but I have little to no experience when it comes to manipulating and changing characters' animations. I would love to get this project on the road, but without any animations to work off of, I'm pretty much at a standstill.

Please, if anybody is willing to help I would really appreciate your assistance. :ohwell:
I can help a little bit, as I'm an OK animator

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace

ummm i think projects like golem / Ada wong / kamec / jack thorn / etc. arent very helpful :(

what does smashboards have to show for all our work, 50 very small, very under develloped, very slow moving projects that will probably never get done.

If we all band together and work on a character together we could finish it so quickly.
Actually id have to say were getting our project done at a faster rate then usual but still it will take a while , what im trying to do anyway i dont know about serrix, is to get waddle doo and waddle dee done first then move to the meta-knights oh and biospark as well

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
That's hard to do when everyone loves different things.
how very true, well we could just vote on important characters. (Mewtwo, Bowser jr. Megaman, Ridley) you know the ones that were most wanted for brawl .

we could even have like two projects going at once, amd like see who gets done faster/better.

Idk i'm just a little on the fence about all these "new" characters, not even metroid should be being worked on before more important characters.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Which reminds me, I am still working on Ridley. It's been a solo project all the way through so other things have gotten in the way of working on him. (machinima, voice acting, being lazy)

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, the kid goku beta was released, for those who missed it, heres is the download link for the kid goku beta
http://www.mediafire.com/?rdjmzg2h1wt
please note that this is a very early release with no psa modifications yet.... we have yet to get more glitches fixed and animations done before we move on to that.... if anybody is interested in helping with said subjects, please post, and enjoy

also a vid in case you haven't seen it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKyTCpLmYzM

janfeae

Smash Apprentice

I thought he was a boss too originally...hopefully he is. That would be tooo epic. As far as projects go, more teamwork is needed. Almost april and still no fully completed character hack.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I like the idea of several projects going on at once. Everyone's learning from each other's mistakes and fixing major problems in the projects, and that means that, sooner or later, we'll be able to surpass Nintendo/Sakurai and make our own fully new characters. Hell, we've already cleaned up most of their mistakes with the release of Brawl+.

I see a day where there can be pages added to the character select screen like that of the stage select, and we'll be able to fill it up with dozens of characters Nintendo didn't have the sufficient time/budget/dedication to put in.

Who's with me?

<silence>

Oh.

EDIT: Off-topic, but am I the only person on break right now? This place was moving too fast last week.

Razanak7

Smash Ace

Animating isn't as hard as people make it seem, all you need is a basic understanding of how real bones move and a lot of patience. And a good reference doesn't hurt.

I think everyone should work on the smae project, that way we can have one really good finished project Instead of 60 small unfinished projects =D
Not a good idea. I small team of maybe 5 would be plenty. With the massive amount of people on here, god knows how many duplicate pieces there would be, not to mention only a few have the actual skill to make something that everyone can agree looks good. And then there would be the arduous task of compiling everything into one.

He will be, once I finish it.

shadow shoose beta
Want.

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
lol we didn't mean everyone on smashboards working on ONE thing. That would be absolute madness.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
oh and something I added to his moveset:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0-cyTNQNiY at 3:35 will be one of his victory poses, perfect no?
Already being added.

EDIT: Update on Shadow: I have all animations up to FallSpecial done (or at least beta'd) so I may put a DL to get some opinions.

Also, to anyone that has figured out that bone index changer program, I'll most likely need a few bones fixed so the model is fully compatible with Snake. More on that tomorrow, along with a beta Meta release. :O

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Already being added.

EDIT: Update on Shadow: I have all animations up to FallSpecial done (or at least beta'd) so I may put a DL to get some opinions.

Also, to anyone that has figured out that bone index changer program, I'll most likely need a few bones fixed so the model is fully compatible with Snake. More on that tomorrow, along with a beta Meta release. :O
I can help you with the bone fixing! I can either tell you what you need to do or you can just send me the model.

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
Already being added.

does that mean that shadow works well over snake?
like double jumping works and all the specials and the final smash works?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Already being added.

If you want to sure, I wasn't too nitpicky with my animation suggestions but you can be sure I'll give you feedback if you want it

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Already being added.

Do it!
Edit: A warning to everyone...remember what today is, anything can happen today.

Fen__

Smash Ace
There should be a section between beta and complete o.o
Not really. "Beta" is just a general term for the stage in which it's buggy, but functional. "Alpha" is before that, where it is very much still incomplete, with many bugs. If it's mostly functional, what would you have before it's "complete"?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I promised you a Shadow preview, so here it is. And no, this is not a joke, this time.

http://www.mediafire.com/?brg02jmkdkn

That file has the texture and the animations (everything up to FallSpecial) so far. So let me know what you guys think. Keep in mind that some may be changed/replaced later, and a couple might not make much sense without any graphics and whatnot.

EDIT: ... Is making everyone mods really a good idea for a joke?

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
I promised you a Shadow preview, so here it is. And no, this is not a joke, this time.

That file has the texture and the animations (everything up to FallSpecial) so far. So let me know what you guys think. Keep in mind that some may be changed/replaced later, and a couple might not make much sense without any graphics and whatnot.

Ok from what i saw,everything looks good. Except that the tip of shadow's shoes are sticking up a little bit. Aside from that everything is good. Keep up the work.

shock44

Smash Journeyman

Okay it seems pretty good. Just one thing I noticed was that you didn't give us the vertex hacked version. That's okay, but you are still going to use the vertex hacked version when you go further in the project?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace

Umm... It would be easier to judge if his entire mid section to his feet weren't covered up by a model of his spin dash ball, you can't really see anything

But from what I CAN see:

the jump animations look good

Wait animations are AWESOME, maybe slow down the one where he's moving his hand like from Sonic battle a little

Run animation, not bad but is there any way to make him sway back and forth like he does in SA2? If not then Mastaklo's would be second best because it emulates how he runs in Sonic Heroes and Shadow's game, yours isn't bad but needs some work, he needs to generally look like he's moving a little faster than what you have now too

Run -> Stop -> Turn around is pretty good, I would've like to seen the one I suggested where he looks like he's struggling to stop and leans back almost to the ground but it's not that big a deal

Walk is very hard to tell with that ball covering his body but it seems fine

If you fix that ball problem I could be more detailed but from what i can tell he seems pretty good so far

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Ok from what i saw,everything looks good. Except that the tip of shadow's shoes are sticking up a little bit. Aside from that everything is good. Keep up the work.
Shadow's shoes go up at the front.

Okay it seems pretty good. Just one thing I noticed was that you didn't give us the vertex hacked version. That's okay, but you are still going to use the vertex hacked version when you go further in the project?
I didn't give one because I don't have one.

Umm... It would be easier to judge if his entire mid section to his feet weren't covered up by a model of his spin dash ball, you can't really see anything
Turn off the FitSonicEnv01-04 and FitSonicSphere textures.

Wait animations are AWESOME, maybe slow down the one where he's moving his hand like from Sonic battle a little
Pay no mind to animation speeds. That can fixed several times faster via PSA than by changing the animation itself.

Run animation, not bad but is there any way to make him sway back and forth like he does in SA2? If not then Mastaklo's would be second best because it emulates how he runs in Sonic Heroes and Shadow's game, yours isn't bad but needs some work, he needs to generally look like he's moving a little faster than what you have now too
The run is based off his sprite appearances (I don't know which, since I never played any Sonic game). Every 11 frames matches almost perfectly to one of the sprites, and therefore is almost identical to it. Animation speed is an issue, but I can fix that in PSA like I said above.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Does anyone know what's the problem with Kirby's bone ID's when they're called up in PSA?
For reasons unkown, all of Kirby's bone IDs have a hex value of 190 added to them. Adding ANYTHING using these IDs will freeze, so to find the REAL valid ID, subtract 190. Wario has the same problem. I know this from when I was having Wario's hitboxes displayed.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
A couple interesting things that happened when working on Shadow...

Anyway. I got quite a bit more done on Shadow. I got several more animations done, including the first two hits of his A combo, with the last one still being fixed. So, the current animation list is as follows:

Just a heads-up, some of these are not done/may be replaced. Things in bold may be replaced, things in italic are not done. Well actually, any of these could be changed. But the ones specified are the more likely ones.

And a couple of these are from other characters, but either just fixed to match him or heavily edited. I did so much to Attack12 that it would have been faster to make it from scratch.

ItemHandGrip
ItemHandHave
ItemHandPickUp
ItemHandSmash
Wait1
Wait2
Wait3
WaitItem
WalkBrake
WalkFast
WalkMiddle
WalkSlow
Dash
Run
RunBrake
Turn
TurnRun
TurnRunBrake
JumpAerialB
JumpAerialF
JumpB
JumpF
JumpSquat
DamageFall
Fall
FallAerial
FallAerialB
FallAerialF
FallB
FallF
LandingHeavy
*LandingLight
Squat
SquatB
SquatF
SquatRv
SquatWait
SquatWaitItem
StepAirPose
StepBack
StepFall
StepJump
StepPose
Guard
GuardOff
GuardOn
GuardDamage
EscapeAir
EscapeB
EscapeF
EscapeN
Rebound
Attack11
Attack12
Attack13
Lose (may become victory pose)
SpecialAirHiStart
SpecialHiStart

*Note that LandingLight is only 1 frame. This is for two reasons; first, I don't have an animation for it yet. Second, I'm messing around with the idea of leaving it that way, since it would make him more agile and make it easier to chain sort-hop aerials. But this will most likely not be the case.

This also gives you a taste of his Chaos Control; EscapeAir, EscapeB, EscapeF, EscapeN, SpecialAirHiStart, SpecialHiStart, and Lose all use it so far. If you don't know what I mean, then check it out.

Click here for the updated animations.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
My input is a little late, but here it is:
everything in the previous motionetc was VERY well done, especially the dash, it's pretty much perfect since this game is based in a 2D view, it works.
I'll give input for this new one in a sec...and BIG NEWS: I GOTZ A NEW COMP WITH WINDOWS 7 W00T!!!!
Specs:
Pentium Dual Core CPU
2.60GHz, 4.0 Gb Ram, 584 Gigs of space.
Time to go online and "buy" Street fighter 4 PC!
M.Bison: YES, YES!!!!

Top Bottom