• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-air: To fastfall or not to fast fall

ckm

Smash Journeyman
Fastfalling a sh Fair is nice, as it makes the attack very fast, and even cuts down on the duration of the move. I like fast. However, I also like to use DI on my Fairs sometimes, to allow for proper spacing (particularly against characters with long range attacks/grabs). Unfortunately I find myself stuck with one or the other. Also, fastfalling fair does seem to give me some landing lag (although not a whole lot) unless I land frame-perfect after the first 2 swings, so Im beginning to wonder if its really worth it, since landing lag=slower follow up.

I personally seem to do both, depending on the situation... but none of my friends main meta so I dont get a chance to discuss these things much.

What do you guys do?

Protathlitis

Smash Cadet
I tend to fastfall it and slowfall the f-airs as well, depending on the circumstances. Generally, if it's someone with crazy ground range, like Snake or Olimar, I fast-fall it because a slow-falled one that gets shielded will definitely hand me pain, whereas a fast-falled one that gets shielded and a shield or side-step on my part will only possibly get me punished. However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is some better way of using his f-air; just thought I'd give out what I know.

You're not alone on this question; I'll be curious to see how your thread turns out.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the input so far.

anyone have an answer as to which actually results in a faster follow-up tilt?

what i mean is, if you count the entire duration of the moves (fastfall+slight landing lag+tilt) vs (slowfall + autocancelled land + tilt), which would be faster?

thanks guys.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Are you doing a rising fair?

I prefer rising fair fast fall dtilt. I like to stay behind a wall of safety.

Or are you talking about the Marth style Fast fall fair? I never tried that with MetaKnight yet...

FBM

Smash Apprentice
I slowfall f-air when I'm using with DI to space. Fastfalling it without having a clear opening is begging for a shield grab.

Top Bottom