• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-smash with grenade in hand

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
Well, as people know, Link can F-smash with his bombs in hand if he holds A while picking them up or after a roll, and them pressing the C-stick foward.The smash will begin charging and is released as soon as he let go of A.
Well, i decided to test it to day with snakes grenades and it works fine. Snake will hold the RPG-7 at an awkward position and do the f-smash. As far as uselfulness is concerned, this may be good for mindgames, if the opponent rushs into you after you picked up your un-cooked shield dropped grenade, you can trick him into stepping right into the blast.Or you could just f-smash while your opponent is far away, and make them forget that you're holding a grenade. As soon as the attack is finished, throw the grenade, because it will be perfectly cooked . Well, i dunno really. And sorry if it was common knowledge.

Sandoggg

Smash Apprentice
nitpicking here, but i'm a mgs fan

it's not an RPG-7, it's technically a FIM-92 Stinger, aka Stinger missile launcher.. or just Stinger.

didn't you ever play the games? o.O

OmegaSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
^ No, Snake's Fsmash doesn't look like Stinger at all. It's RPG-7. Recently completed MGS1. Stinger looks more like Nikita.

This sounds good, if they attack you, they get blown, if they rush into you, they get blown. Smells like mindgames.

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
It's the RPG-7 from MGS 3.The stinger was in MGS 1 and 2. I wish it was the Stinger though, it would be sooo easy to land a hit.
And why has Solid Snake a RPG-7 if it is outdated(used in the 70's) and only Naked Snake uses it? Well, i have no idea. But I did play the games ^^
Anyway, I don't have anyone near me to play and test this and my Wifi is off for a couple of days. Can someone test this and see how it goes in a match?

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
I'll test it while holding one of Link's/T.Link's bombs, just to see the effect on the RPG. He holds it kinda sideways while with the grenade in hand.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
And why has Solid Snake a RPG-7 if it is outdated(used in the 70's) and only Naked Snake uses it? Well, i have no idea. But I did play the games ^^
The bigger question is why is he aiming it at his feet?

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
xD, my last kill at MGO before it was shut down was from shooting the RPG aiming at my feet out of a box, just as the other guy passed by. Hilarious

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
lol RPG-7 instead of the Nikita/Stinger because Sakurai apparently has the ability to nerf weapons technology as well as characters, here's lookin' at you Fox.

Haha any play mgs portable ops? An rpg-7 at that range would kill you.
And I'm pretty sure an RPG-7 would kill HIM at that range too.

Top Bottom