• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F Tilt to Up Air or Knee?

Waves

Smash Rookie
ftilt after up throw or stomp can be used to send them away which will usually make them miss tech and set up for other stomps, also good if peach is floating towards you. But it doesnt really set up for knee by itself since it sends more in a downwards horizontal direction unless they di perfectly for it. also ok for edgeguarding.

Last edited:

Xtra_Crispy

Smash Cadet
yeah up angle snipes out some sh approaches. WD back utilt also is underrated if you condition your opponent with a lot of ftilts because of the slight delay in timing. Falcon's can play Samus too sometimes lol.

Xtra_Crispy

Smash Cadet
Lol she was my first main. She doesn't really have the fastest movement but her tools kinda rely on you screwing with your opponent (no pun intended) and I think that's super fun hahah

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
Yeah, Samus doesn't really cover the spacies matchups perfectly as time goes on, but it can work for quite some time and will teach you some other fundamental aspects of the game other than the punish game (unless you're Duck and combo downwards). Even then, Sheik still is a problem (and even worse for Samus especially pre-upper levels), so Falcon really should just work by himself or pick a different partner for dual-maining. It is interesting though how her moves are similar to Falcon's in some respects. If you like Samus though, just go for it anyways.

In regards to the original thread, perhaps ftilt could be used as an edgeguarding setup as well. It depends on DI of course because in the clip, Hax couldn't do the setup since the Falco obviously DI'ed behind him which forces Hax to use the ftilt to setup a potential mistech instead (still super risky since the Falco could just tech away and therefore reset the neutral game). Perhaps if the Falco DI'ed forwards or if the clips characters were in reverse positions, depending on DI of the ftilt, you could setup the edgeguard and either go for the Hax edgeguard (DI towards stage most likely) or ledge-grab to ledgehop aerial or just a ledgehog.

Xtra_Crispy

Smash Cadet
In regards to the original thread, perhaps ftilt could be used as an edgeguarding setup as well. It depends on DI of course because in the clip, Hax couldn't do the setup since the Falco obviously DI'ed behind him which forces Hax to use the ftilt to setup a potential mistech instead (still super risky since the Falco could just tech away and therefore reset the neutral game). Perhaps if the Falco DI'ed forwards or if the clips characters were in reverse positions, depending on DI of the ftilt, you could setup the edgeguard and either go for the Hax edgeguard (DI towards stage most likely) or ledge-grab to ledgehop aerial or just a ledgehog.
Usually I go for dtilt + areal but often the dtilt just gets DI'd away. This is a super good DI mixup for that, especially with the angle ftilt sends at. Thanks!

Waves

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Samus doesn't really cover the spacies matchups perfectly as time goes on, but it can work for quite some time and will teach you some other fundamental aspects of the game other than the punish game (unless you're Duck and combo downwards). Even then, Sheik still is a problem (and even worse for Samus especially pre-upper levels), so Falcon really should just work by himself or pick a different partner for dual-maining. It is interesting though how her moves are similar to Falcon's in some respects. If you like Samus though, just go for it anyways.

Even if he techs away you should be able to cover it with a grab/aerial, but yeah i like your point, however if falco did DI the other way he could just knee, or dtilt knee, or upair knee, or nair knee, you gotta finish with the knee man ;)

Last edited:

Waves

Smash Rookie
yeah up angle snipes out some sh approaches. WD back utilt also is underrated if you condition your opponent with a lot of ftilts because of the slight delay in timing. Falcon's can play Samus too sometimes lol.
i think up tilts only good to edgeguard unless against like a dk or bowser (idrk never played good one lol) idk it could work i guess but just seems really laggy, i rlly dont ftilt that much either though so i guess thats a good mixup
Follow ups with f tilt are hard. Not a conventional move to combo with. :(
i could see maybe using the downward version to cover a missed tech lol, but idk its more of a spacing tool used to mix up di, not every move can set up for knee :D

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Look at how ganons use it. We can use it the exact same way, but preferably at higher pcts.

Top Bottom