• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well..Rob is being unlocvked on stream as we speak. After 70 vs matches like that guy on gaf said. Its pretty much GG.

Well, i hope DLC is a thing and not that other umour saying the last characters will be unlocked by hooking up 3ds with a wii u, because Nintendo would lose TONS of reputation for such an underhanded method.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
How do Doctor Mario and Black Pit make it in is the question. The CSS also looks bad and rushed. I wouldn't have cared if Sakurai delayed the game to at least fill up the damn CSS.
Well they were probably last minute additions so I'm not too mad about them.

Tasers

Smash Cadet
First of all you cannot even comprehend how mad I am, i am FURIOUS, because MEWTWO is so FUN to play as I LOVE TO SHADOWCLAW, and Mega Mewtwo Y would of made shadowclawing SO MUCH FUN AND EASIER BECAUSE OF HIS SMALLER SIZE. CANNOT BELIEVE DR. MARIO GOT IN BEFORE MEWTWO HOW ABSURD. I want to throw riots in the streets, I want to databomb his IP address. Sakurai Does Not Care About Fan Service Beyond His Own Personal Opinion.
THIS IS WHAT ME AND MILLIONS OF OTHER GEN 1SURVIVORS DREAMED AND SPECULATED ON FOR ****ING MONTHS. It is a dream after all right? We dont deserve this right?

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
I don't get it. I just don't ****ing get it. Mewtwo was an original character, gets cut due to time constraints. Had so much going for him, so ****ing much including being the most requested damn character to be put in the game but nope, I guess Mewtwo fans aren't allowed to be happy again. **** zipzo.

Sorry guys, but I'm not as optimistic about the future with DLC. Optimism can only get you so far. I give up, if he's not in now he's never coming back. Yeah I'm salty say whatever you want, this is ****ing heartbreaking.

Last edited:

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
So I guess the translation that it was all characters was right AND wrong. All star mode was laready unlocked. What the message was saying was that the FULL(True) all star mode was available.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
How do Doctor Mario and Black Pit make it in is the question. The CSS also looks bad and rushed. I wouldn't have cared if Sakurai delayed the game to at least fill up the damn CSS.
Well if Smash does get DLC it'd make perfect sense. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are easy to make, and no one would pay for them. Ergo, putting them in the base roster to inflate it's size is easy.

Meanwhile, you can make popular characters expensive DLC because many people would gladly pay $6.99 for Mewtwo or some other popular character. From a business sense, it makes perfect sense. That'd be the most malicious scenario though.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I have said it before and I will say it again. They will release characters along with the Wii U version and put them in a update for the 3DS version just to make sure the Wii U versions stays hyped.

This is a sad day....I still love the roster (except Dark Pit...) but....damn, can't handle the disappointment. :(

Why the heck didn't Sakurai discuss Ridley in any of the POTDs.....?

Why was Greninja made to look like Mewtwo in the Greninja trailer.....?

Why the Kremlings if there's no K.Rool in sight other than a possible trophy?

Last edited:

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Like some people say. They need a better reason than graphics and game modes (and menu's....) for the Wiiu version to sell much. The Wiiu is not doing so well, the Nintendo 3ds Smash will sell anyway as most nintendo fans and non-fans do have a 3ds (i believe) So i think the possibility for some hyped characters on the Wiiu will be there.

But most of the time i'm wrong about stuff so i really don't know 0_o'

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well if Smash does get DLC it'd make perfect sense. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are easy to make, and no one would pay for them. Ergo, putting them in the base roster to inflate it's size is easy.

Meanwhile, you can make popular characters expensive DLC because many people would gladly pay $6.99 for Mewtwo or some other popular character. From a business sense, it makes perfect sense. That'd be the most malicious scenario though.
I am putting all my hopes on DLC atm, because, quite frankly, most of the added characters just don't appeal to me. I don't like getting 4 new oddball characters and 3 blatant clones. And what i like even less, is the new rumour people start to spread: That , when the Wii U version comes out, by linking the 3DS with the Wii U, you get the final 4 characters. Such a dickmove by Nintendo would make me boycott this game, even though i really want it. I'm NOT letting myself be forced to buy both versions just because some cool characters are added that way, and without those, why should i even buy an incomplete game?

So yeah. Either DLC or the "Free DLC after Wii U release, Wii U version with additional characters preinstalled". Or nothing at all.

EDIT: Also i forgot how ugly the CSS looks compared to the other menues with that greyish, plain background, and the characterpicture-distribution. Especially compared to the CSS of earlier titles, heck brawl had characters cut mid developement and the CSS did give of a "final" look... Meh.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Reminding everyone that IF, just in case IF, Mewtwo doesn't get in Sm4sh OR 5mash, All I wanna say now is:

When the time for SSB6 is announced to be in development if it has already or not, EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP REQUESTING FOR NEWCOMERS INCLUDING GENO, & ASK FOR THE NECESSITIES THAT THE MORE LOGICAL COMMUNITY WANTS / SUBJECTIVELY NEEDS:
  • RETURNING FIGHTERS, IF POSSIBLE:
    >>>1st Biggest Priority:mewtwomelee:1st Biggest Priority<<<
    >>>3rd Biggest Priority:pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee::popo::ivysaur::lucas::pt::snake::squirtle::wolf:3rd Biggest Priority<<<
  • CHARACTER OVERHAULED MOVE-SETS:

>>>2nd Biggest Priority:drmario::falco::ganondorf::popo::4lucina::evil::4pit::evil:2nd Biggest Priority<<<
  • >>>4th Biggest Priority >>>NEWCOMERS<<< 4th Biggest Priority<<<
When they resolve the issues we have already, THEN I feel we can request more newcomers, hence why I put it 4th.

Btw, this is all my opinion, that I strongly feel is right.

I'll be gone for the day helping out friends, & going to a party. Ciao

P.S., In the Past All-Star was unlocked in Melee & Brawl only when all of the characters were unlocked. This "New All-Star Mode" seems promising to an extent & won't give up entirely. However I do not expect any Mewtwo or Newcomers from it. However Smash 4 starts out with All-Star Mode, so it bodes well & good for now.
THis literally makes no sense. I can't even begin to fathom what the actual F UCK Sakurai was thinking when he decided that f uckers like Dar pit Dr mario and DHD would be better charcaters for a nintendo allstar game than fuc king MEWTWO
To be fair, DHD deserves it more than they do, & possibly more than Mewtwo. I'm being honest imo.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
I have said it before and I will say it again. They will release characters along with the Wii U version and put them in a update for the 3DS version just to make sure the Wii U versions stays hyped.
I'm tired, man. Tired of trying to straw grasp. There's DLC, sure, and I'll gladly buy a copy of Smash if Mewtwo is revealed. But I'm not going to hold out hope. Sick and tired of the false hype. I feel incredibly bad for a lot of you, being so optomistic. But after I saw the ESRB leaked roster, I had to leave the thread. Deep down, it was just disappointing enough to be real, and I needed time to cope with it if it truly was the final.

Let us band together with our Kutthroat and Space Pirate brethren.

WvA

Smash Rookie
This makes sense.. But I really dont want to hold any more false hope.

But seriously. Maybe because of the leak, but this feels like some very awkward unlocks.. Not really a OMG HYPE characfter in the unlocks.. And seriously, ROB over MEWTWO? Also the fact the only unlockable pokemon is jiggly seems really weird, I would suspect greninja as an unlock.. It just feels weird.

Feels like it was rushed, or something more is planned (DLC or Patch). Those 3 gaps in the roster are weird. And I still dont get why there is such a gap between wii and ds release, most stuff is the fighters right? God I hope we get some new fighters through any means, although I must say, even though I would gladly pay for mewtwo, it feels cheap and not-nintendoy. Its just a very lame way to make money.

Like some people say. They need a better reason than graphics and game modes (and menu's....) for the Wiiu version to sell much. The Wiiu is not doing so well, the Nintendo 3ds Smash will sell anyway as most nintendo fans and non-fans do have a 3ds (i believe) So i think the possibility for some hyped characters on the Wiiu will be there.

But most of the time i'm wrong about stuff so i really don't know 0_o'
Characters like Ridley, Mewtwo and K.Rool would definitely make people get the Wii U version.

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
I wouldn't even be upset if it wasn't for the Greninja trailer. Taking all my frustration out on Greninja.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo was the veteran fighter I was expecting to return - he seemed like a great pick! It is a huge shame that's he's just not a part of the roster. However, for some people here; try not to get too worked up. Characters like Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are painfully obvious last moment clone characters, and they'd have no bearing on the initial roster development.

Also, keep it mind that Sakurai could've had some huge trouble trying to get Mewtwo considering how The Pokémon Company is. He had huge difficulty with Lucario.

WvA

Smash Rookie
Characters like Ridley, Mewtwo and K.Rool would definitely make people get the Wii U version.
It was already stated the 3DS would have the exact same fighters as the Wii U version, they cant go back on that I think.

Then again, they also said they were thinking about adding mewtwo so **** that ****.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Inb4 the final 4 are revealed as free dlc tomorrow so everyone letting themselves be spoiled by leaks and people leaking stuff before release get smashed in the face by lack of their most wanted... i..somehow can still dream...but damn I'll be having nightmares tonight. Maybe.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I think we will get DLC but I think it is dirty of Nintendo to use characters that should be in the main game, but I won't complain if I can use them.

It was already stated the 3DS would have the exact same fighters as the Wii U version, they cant go back on that I think.

Then again, they also said they were thinking about adding mewtwo so **** that ****.
There's been this idea floating around that the Wii U version will have a few extra characters that will be free DLC for the 3DS version so that Nintendo can hype up the Wii U version. It's a solid theory in my opinion. Now there is someone on Neogaf claiming that this theory is true and we will be getting Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo and Chorus Men for the Wii U version which you have to link up to the 3DS version to get them on the 3DS.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129524882&postcount=14153

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
t's over...it's REALLY over...Ghaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
SAKURAI DOESN' T DESERVE TO BE THE SMASH DIRECTOR ANYMORE!!!!
Employer 1: We could bring back Mewtwo, everyone wants him back!
Sakurai: NO, LET' S ADD DARK PIT!!!11!1!1!1!1!1!1!
Employer 2: What about Snake? Nintendo and Konami are for it...
Sakurai: NO, LET' S ADD DARK PIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!
Employer 3: We should add a Rhythm Heaven character, it would be unique and awesome!
Sakurai: NO, LET' S ADD DARK PIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!1!1!1!1!1!1!111!
Employer 4: WE HAVE SOME FREE TIME. WE COULD USE THIS TIME FOR RESOLVE THE ICE CLIMBERS PROBLEM...
M***********g Sakurai: NO, LET' S ADD DARK PIT!1!1!1!1!11!!!

Why he even added Little Mac or Rosalina? They will SURELY cut in Smash 5 for make spaces for Viridi, Pseudo Palutena, Poseidon, Hades, Medusa, Phyrron, Phosphora and Thanathos!!

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Censor Dodging Infraction Recieved
There's been this idea floating around that the Wii U version will have a few extra characters that will be free DLC for the 3DS version so that Nintendo can hype up the Wii U version. It's a solid theory in my opinion. Now there is someone on Neogaf claiming that this theory is true and we will be getting Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo and Chorus Men for the Wii U version which you have to link up to the 3DS version to get them on the 3DS.

F*** I hope this is true, Though I hope getting just the Wii U version will be enough

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

HA.
Don't count on it. I'm sick of all this false hype. Its over, Mewtwo IS NEVER going to be playable in Smash again.

Employer 3: We should add a Rhythm Heaven character, it would be unique and awesome!
Employer 4: WE HAVE SOME FREE TIME. WE COULD USE THIS TIME FOR RESOLVE THE ICE CLIMBERS PROBLEM...

Why he even added Little Mac or Rosalina? They will SURELY cut in Smash 5 for make spaces for Viridi, Pseudo Palutena, Poseidon, Hades, Medusa, Phyrron, Phosphora and Thanathos!!
Dude calm down. Please don't embarrassing yourself, we have to stay strong.

Laniv

Smash Champion
I really don't think Little Mac is going anywhere.

That said, It's really dissappointing to see a highly requested character not make it in.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
We've already tried to stay strong. We've tried to persuade Sakurai to add our most requested characters. You know what he did? He ignored us and did what he wanted to do. That's how its always going to be.
Its more embarrassing to attempt to stay strong and waste effort then it is to just stop and throw in the towel. Its over.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
So let me get this straight. Sakurai doesn't bring back Mewtwo the most requested Character after trolling him forever! Doesn't add K Rool or Ridley the next two requested, but adds Wii Fit because it was a stupid joke between him and the wii fit guy (whoever he is). I cannot describe how salty I am right now. This isn't nintendo all stars, this is Sakurai's TROLLFEST! I spent a year and a half waiting for a good roster! This roster disgusts me so much right now. No new Zelda, no Metroid, not many new series! Starfox, Earthbound, and Pokemon LOST A REP. Instead we get the koopalings with a side of troll dog.

Duck hunt is fine but I'm still pissed he got in over Mewtwo and others!

Edit: WE ALSO LOST ICE CLIMBERS! ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!!

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I just woke up and I have a question because I see everyone freaking out: The allstar mode padlock is gone? If so, holy hell, there's no ****ing reason why Mewtwo (or Ridley) shouldn't be in the ****ing game.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace

That said, It's really dissappointing to see a highly requested character not make it in.
Not "one", THE most wanted character in the east and among the top 5 in the west. And the others of the top 5 also haven't been added. Really, and Sakurai dares to speak of "the best character game ever created" they wanted to make? Until i see at least 2 of the hype 3 as DLC, thats a big fat lie... But hey, Robin looks fun, Greninja also (don't hate me), Palutena is finally a pure mage apart form Zelda, some of my fav characters have been buffed, and Shulk was a nice surprise. But the other stuff... Inb4 there is on-disk DLC like with all the other Games so far... I seriously need to stop strawgrasping and be content with what we got and think about the possibilities.

I just woke up and I have a question because I see everyone freaking out: The allstar mode padlock is gone? If so, holy hell, there's no ****ing reason why Mewtwo (or Ridley) shouldn't be in the ****ing game.
It is 100% gone, i saw it myself LIVE, as ROB was unlockedby gema_yue on twitch. She even translated the "congrats every character is unlocked" screens.

Last edited:
We've already tried to stay strong. We've tried to persuade Sakurai to add our most requested characters. You know what he did? He ignored us and did what he wanted to do. That's how its always going to be.
Its more embarrassing to attempt to stay strong and waste effort then it is to just stop and throw in the towel. Its over.
I know it sucks but I'm not ruling anything out just yet. DLC is still an option and I'm going to wait and see if what this guy on Neogaf has said is true.

Oh and also, WTF... Zipzo lying like that. I'm not usually the type to get aggressive about this kind of thing but he really should've put something like this instead: "Hearing that Mewtwo may be in, but don't hold your breath" instead of "Mewtwo is in". WHY PUT THAT?!?!

Sadly the ESRB CSS leak is all there is. A message came up when the streamer unlocked ROB that said "All Star mode is now complete, battle all the fighters" or something.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
The padlock is gone, and a message displayed that all characters have been unlocked.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

If Ice Climbers can be cut, Little Mac can as well.

I will not calm down. I could accept Mewtwo absence IF there wasn't Dark Pit. He ruin all the roster. Sakurai will ruon the series! And if, next year, he will make a Duck Hunt revival? We will have 3 Duck Hunt rep, surely!
After all this mounths of speculations with my friends, who called me "crazy" because I throught that Mewtwo would come back, after all the leak who give him in, after dr. Mario return, and then THIS I can't stay calm. But I'm not give up. I will use whater I can for convice Sakurai to make a f*****g Mewtwo DLC.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman

You're that salty for Dark pit?
Get salty for Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Ganon as well.
Its crazy how you think they should add snake when Konami doesn't even want to port MGS5 to the wii u but for some reason thinks Nintendo should advertise their character. He doesn't need to be in this game and you can blame Konami for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom