• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Oh well. Definitely doesn't hurt like Brawl did.

Still something just doesn't seem right/add up IMO. Just keep an eye out for any word on Mewtwo/Ridley/Dixie trophies. I don't want to ride on false hope but this is something that needs investigating.
I am in the same boat with you. The roster looks a little odd to me I'm terms of placement. (Not characters, I'm happy with the new characters.) I definitely say chances increase if we can't find a trophy of Mewtwo.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I like how you say it as if somebody died. Its a video game character guys. Chill out.
In a technical, insane logic sense, someone did die, if temporarily.

I made sure to emphasize that considering the other, more desperate Mewtwo fans. The more extreme ones. I can move on from Mewtwo being deconfirmed.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Guys, Zipzo just apologized on Twitter. He said that one of his informants lied to him. This connects to the fact how someone said in this thread earlier that he gets overly excited over things and tends to post about them to quickly. Take the apology how you would like it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Not cool bro.....

My Pokemon X Greninja would never do that to his teammate Mewtwo....
But what if that Mewtwo wasn't his teammate? Dun dun duh!

It's just the whole "X replaced Y" that I find sad and funny. If anything, Greninja took Squirtle's place since they're both Water-types, but that still doesn't make much sense since Squirtle wasn't a lone fighter, but a teammate on Pokémon Trainer's team who probably due to technical limitations couldn't make it in which follows the whole Zelda and Sheik separation. Lucario taking Mewtwo's place makes no sense since Lucario's a Fighting/Steel type and that makes sense for a fighting game along with Lucario's fame back then. Mewtwo and Roy were found in Brawl's game files, meaning they were considered, but dropped probably because of balancing issues since from what I remember, Sakurai tried to do everything by himself considering balancing with Brawl, but now he's relying on others. That's a good thing since it's unhealthy work practice - I remember an article mentioning Sakurai's hands suffering from overwork - and now, the game can be made with tons of people.

So, what does this mean and with the age of DLC and online multiplayer that Nintendo entered late? It means there's a chance. Fighting games have changed from being annual releases to releases with updates and DLC due to longer development times. Back then, it was easy to crank out annual Street Fighter and the King of Fighters games. Now, not so much especially if the games are 3D sprites and details over 2D sprites and details.

I will not be surprised if SSB4 gets periodic updates and/or DLC that include stages, items, modes, and even characters. I will, however, be surprised if it didn't since the next SSB probably won't exist until +5 years - nowadays, people have attentions spans of squirrels. The only thing Nintendo needs to figure out is the pricing. Doing it the way Capcom did it is a horrible idea - there's like 4 versions of Street Fighter IV and expensive palette swaps. The way the Killer Instinct devs are doing it would be fine where SSB4 gets "seasons" that introduces new characters, veterans, and stages.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

Ok I have a lot to explain with very little to explain about the whole situation. I'll be straight to the point.

I had a source that I had every right to believe was reliable (and although I'm pissed right now I won't do him the immature favor of **** shaming him).

I took a huge risk and went live with info that he passed me about Mewtwo being in. I wanted Mewtwo in as much as you guys, I said in several circumstances that I wanted him in really badly like on JapanTime. This person was in a position to truly have the knowledge to know if he was in, and I should have done more background checking on the information before I went live with it.

Obviously it wasn't true at this point and I am as pissed as you guys are about it because I was hyped too after I received the tip-off.

However, it's a game guys, and even though I am really soiled over what happened myself I'm hoping you'll forgive the false hype I caused. At the end of the day I let my hope and hype push me to trust someone I shouldn't have but felt I had every reason to.

I truly do apologize. The whole reason I went silent after the tweet was because it's Japan and it was at night during the whole thing. Could not monitor the entire info dump during the stream as I was with my wife and eventually, sleeping. I could only check every now and then on iPhone, but I didn't know anything more than that tip off and the credibility of the source who told me.

I'm sorry. This has been a huge lesson on the implications of my words, and I will exercise 100% caution in the future in order to regain your trust.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
mario kart DLC proves they can add characters, stages and new cars to the game post-release, so who knows what we'll get for smash.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Ok I have a lot to explain with very little to explain about the whole situation. I'll be straight to the point.

I had a source that I had every right to believe was reliable (and although I'm pissed right now I won't do him the immature favor of **** shaming him).

I took a huge risk and went live with info that he passed me about Mewtwo being in. I wanted Mewtwo in as much as you guys, I said in several circumstances that I wanted him in really badly like on JapanTime. This person was in a position to truly have the knowledge to know if he was in, and I should have done more background checking on the information before I went live with it.

Obviously it wasn't true at this point and I am as pissed as you guys are about it because I was hyped too after I received the tip-off.

However, it's a game guys, and even though I am really soiled over what happened myself I'm hoping you'll forgive the false hype I caused. At the end of the day I let me hope and hype push me to trust someone I shouldn't have but felt I had every reason to.

I truly do apologize. The whole reason I went silent after the tweet was because it's Japan and it was at night during the whole thing. Could not monitor the entire info dump during the stream as I was with my wife. Could only check every now and then on iPhone, but I didn't know anything more than that tip off and the credibility of the source who told me.
salt.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Okay guys, stop screaming about how Smash is dead and Sakurai deserves to die or whatever and think about this for a minute. There are a couple of blatantly obvious things people are forgetting.

1. Sakurai knows very well how much people wanted Mewtwo. He's not an idiot as some of you seem to claim.
  2. There's no set number of slots per game. It fluctuates over the course of development, no one character "replaces" another.
  3. The Ice Climbers were cut as well, with Dr. Mario returning, meaning no one is safe, but no one is doomed either.

Sakurai has to make very tough decisions regarding the development of Smash, and if that means pleasing the many, for the disappointment of the few, so be it. He's stated before that he hates, more than anything else, having to cut characters from the Smash roster. Mewtwo's one of the most complicated characters to develop for Smash, and he's been attempted for every single Smash game to date. I do not doubt that Four is any exception. The only reason Mewtwo wasn't included in 64 and Brawl was because of technical and time constraints, and I have no doubt the same applies to Four.

Rather than waste time on a character they know they can't finish now, Sakurai and his team spent their time making other characters. I know, Mewtwo's awesome, he's one of my all time favorite characters, and Sakurai knows extremely well how popular Mewtwo was. But the demands of the vocal minority won't move mountains, and in this case, the development of Mewtwo as a playable character may have caused the delay of Smash as a whole, and while we Mewtwo fans may have been okay with that, the rest of the Smash world wouldn't have been. So they made other characters. There aren't a set number of "slots" that are predetermined for each Smash game, it's not like Lucario replaced Mewtwo, or the Duck Hunt Dog or Rosalina replaced the Ice Climbers. They simply couldn't do it right now for whatever reason, and that's a harsh reality of all games, not just Smash.

Yeah, it majorly sucks that Mewtwo isn't in. Yeah, it's disheartening and frustrating. But the game still has potential to be good, even if Mewtwo isn't in. More importantly, not all hope is lost, and if the DLC for Mario Kart 8 is anything to speak from, we still have hope, and before you mention anything about DLC being impossible for Smash, we don't know that DLC is an impossibility for sure. The DLC for Mario Kart 8 added nearly 50% more content to the game, and it was done exceedingly well. DLC is still a possibility for Smash, simply because there aren't any plans yet, doesn't mean it's impossible. This means more characters, more maps, more trophies, more items, all kinds of things. The future of Smash is not set in stone.

There's still hope for Mewtwo. Keep your heads up, guys. :)
While I agree with most of this, and there is apossibility, I'm sure not going to spend my time waiting for DLC in this thread. That's more my point. Could Mewtwo DLC happen? Yes. Am I going to wait and stress out over it for weeks and months on end? Hell no! I'm moving on. You all should too.

@ MagnesD3 MagnesD3 Threatening Nintendo or Sakurai in order to get your way is straight up thuggery. You want to be a degenerate? You want to be a bully? Hurt other people? GTFO then.

Im trying to be strong and not let the death of mewtwo ruin my hype for this awesome game... but gifs like this keep tugging my heart strings
That's due in part because it is a very, very touching scene. I've played Awakening about 5 times, and every time this made me cry.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Anyone else find it really weird how Sakurai mentioned all star mode being locked in the leak, even though the leak had every character that we didn't know about.

Maybe it means something or maybe hes just a d ick

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
-apology-
I'm calm, so apology accepted, and I apologize for all the hate I directed towards you in return.

You do seem honest about the whole thing. Once again, apologies.

@ MagnesD3 MagnesD3 Threatening Nintendo or Sakurai in order to get your way is straight up thuggery. You want to be a degenerate? You want to be a bully? Hurt other people? GTFO then.

That's due in part because it is a very, very touching scene. I've played Awakening about 5 times, and every time this made me cry.
Extremism. You can't stop it. Just watch as it doesn't happen. He's just mad.

And yes, that scene is heart wrenching. It's probably the ultimate reaction gif for sadness.

Last edited:

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I need to stop having favorite characters. They just keep getting taken away from me... mewtwo and wolf

MagnesD3

Smash Master
While I agree with most of this, and there is apossibility, I'm sure not going to spend my time waiting for DLC in this thread. That's more my point. Could Mewtwo DLC happen? Yes. Am I going to wait and stress out over it for weeks and months on end? Hell no! I'm moving on. You all should too.

It's not threatening it's demanding a product, I didn't mean physically what would that accomplish. We need to combine our efforts and let Nintendo, sakurai and namco bandai know our complaints and wants and Demand our characters back as DLC.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I need to stop having favorite characters. They just keep getting taken away from me... mewtwo and wolf
I still have mai waifu :rosalina:. :p

That being said, if I were list my favorite characters from the whole series it'd be: :4link:, :ganondorf:, :4myfriends:, :4luigi:, :4lucina:, :4yoshi:, :4falcon:, :4greninja:, :rosalina:, :4robinm:/:4robinf:, :4samus:/:4zss:, :4sheik:, :4sonic:, :4fox:, :4palutena:, :falco:, :snake:, :wolf:, and Duck Hunt who grew on me after seeing the two in action. I guess, :4littlemac:too, but since I haven't played, I can't say yet since seeing him in action isn't enough yet.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Dlc could be our last chance. All the people who have lost their vets should attack sakurai through the media, if we don't fight we will never get what we want!!!
rant at sakurai to get what you want? are you even a real smash fan? might as well just stop supporting it if you wanna get butthurt over characters.

Its been obvious for a while he wasn't gonna be in. If people just believed the leak, they would have saved alot of "heartbreak" early on.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

However, it's a game guys, and even though I am really soiled over what happened myself I'm hoping you'll forgive the false hype I caused. At the end of the day I let me hope and hype push me to trust someone I shouldn't have but felt I had every reason to.

I truly do apologize. The whole reason I went silent after the tweet was because it's Japan and it was at night during the whole thing. Could not monitor the entire info dump during the stream as I was with my wife and eventually, sleeping. Could only check every now and then on iPhone, but I didn't know anything more than that tip off and the credibility of the source who told me.
You are forgiven. I didn't like how some people assumed you were trolling us on purpose anyways. At least you learned to be more careful with information in the future.

Mewtwo doesn't have a chance at being in the game at this point. There is a chance he could be added as DLC, but I won't get my hopes up unless there's an official announcement. I'd never thought I'd say this, but I would be fine with DLC characters in Smash if it means Mewtwo will be added. I'd still prefer free DLC than to have to pay for it though.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I was thinking...where is Neo-Zero and his "the roster leak isn't final"?!?! I want explanation about it!

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Accepted. Same thing happened to Neo Zero i believe, his source told him the roster wasn't final. Make up for it on your stream by showing off every single tad bit of technical stuff and unlocking EVERY custom special move ! (last part was a joke). I'll be on your stream after all, i guess. Hope i calculated the time right, its GMT+2 over here, so if it starts at 6pm EST it should start exactly at midnight over here, ne?

Peace.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
ITS NOT OVER IDIOT WHERE IS THE FREEAKING EVIDENCE STOP BEING BEING DOPY AND MAKING THIS THREAD BAD FOR EVERYONE JUST WAITTTTT!!!!
Angry chibi wolf... you replied to someone who made a thread about DLC characters and mentioned it here.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
@ Aninymouse Aninymouse i look forward to our DK dittos in honor of DKs best pal, mewtwo
Oh, definitely! Will you get the 3DS version? If so, I'll see you in October!

And @Plain Yogurt , bro, I'm sorry you didn't get Andy like you wanted. Hopefully we get some new Advance Wars games. They're really fun. If you get the 3DS version, let me know! My 3DS code is in my profile.

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
ITS NOT OVER IDIOT WHERE IS THE FREEAKING EVIDENCE STOP BEING BEING DOPY AND MAKING THIS THREAD BAD FOR EVERYONE JUST WAITTTTT!!!!
Wait for what? I assumed that because we saw the message its over. Am I Wrong? if so then I really went overboard making that thread... Then again I was just trying to preserve the community as fast at possible.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Oh, definitely! Will you get the 3DS version? If so, I'll see you in October!

And @PlainYogurt , bro, I'm sorry you didn't get Andy like you wanted. Hopefully we get some new Advance Wars games. They're really fun. If you get the 3DS version, let me know! My 3DS code is in my profile.
ill have it tomorrow :)

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I'm just going to sit here and attempt to regain my composure...maybe I'll just take my leave now...All I know is Sakurai has disappointed me, TWICE...I gave my full support and put all my hype into Mewtwo...now I have nothing...again...I can beg for DLC, but knowing that asshole Sakurai, he'll just take that and laugh...so what the **** is even the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom