• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I was in complete denial that Mewtwo 'sucked' before. As I lolpwned every friend I had with him. Then, I started playing better people, and I had to switch to DK. I still used Mewtwo as a secondary though. And now, much later, I felt I couldn't really compete anymore with DK and Mewtwo, so I picked up Ganondorf, Marth and Sheik. Feels bad man. :glare:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I've been thinking all night about both Roy and Metwo, and decided besides the brawl cast they are the closest thing Smash 4 has for Shoe ins.
Im gonna have to disagree with that, even though they have fan support it doesnt mean they are a lock. They missed the last game, and thats a huge mark against them, how do we know the devs wont just see them as a thing of the past, and they might want to look towards what fans of the newer games waNt? Or even what those developers put forth as far as assets go for this game, say intellegent systems only puts forth chrom and new designs for ike and marth? With the roster not blowing up as big as some would think i really have my doubts about them bringing in those two to bloat things up even further if space is gonna be tight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well they where intended to be put back in Brawl. Time restraint prevented this however. Still, priority WAS given to newer characters, as Lucario and Ike... Hopefully this won't prevent them this time.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Serebii said:
In The Games Department
Pokémon X & Y - First Details Coming in

The first details from CoroCoro have started to come in and we had a silhouette of a Pokémon from the cover. It's not currently known what this Pokémon is, but it appears to be a quadraped. Full details of the magazine's contents are expected soon which will undoubtedly show this Pokémon
Edit @ 03:50: Reports have come in that the Pokémon is to be called Ninfia (ニンフィア). In addition to that, the new movie has got a new title of Extremespeed Genesect and the Reawakening of Mewtwo (神速のゲノセクト ミュウツー覚醒). These are unconfirmed at this time, but come from a trustworthy source
The rumored name of the movie is VERY interesting.

D

Deleted member

God, I hope this is true, even if I pretty much saw it coming.
Any new spotlight for Mewtwo is goin' be good.

Also, it's a few days after his birthday, so this news couldn't possibly be better for him.

Steelia

Smash Champion
The rumored name of the movie is VERY interesting.
Saw that - SO hyped. My body was not ready for that announcement. Mewtwo making a much-deserved comeback! Awesome.

Now let's hope Game Freak doesn't screw him up in this movie as they have all the "ubers" in the last few movies so far...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It would be hilarious if GameFreak decides to give Mewtwo something new next generation to buff him up when he doesn't need it, and they use the movie to advertise it...maybe a new item or form. :p
I would prefer a new item over a form though...and I know there is no reason for them to buff him up in the Pokemon games considering how powerful he already is.

Hopefully this applies to him getting a better chance of returning in the next Smash...

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Just thought I'd drop by since I found the time and its been a while since I've posted

I ******* KNEW IT. HURRAY :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
He should have his spoon as an item.
He creates his spoon sword with psychic energy to deal physical attacks, it's not an item it's one of this basic attacks, Psystike/Psycho Cut. :smirk:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's going to be crap just like the others, so don't get excited.
Some of the movies were pretty good, like 4,5,8,9, and 15. With the anime using the current story-arch to build up to this movie, it does give a good amount of hope.

Come on, Mewtwo AND Charizard? How can a movie with so much fanservice be bad? :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Alakazam is the only one that should use spoons

D

Deleted member

Inb4 Habanero *****es that people will only like this movie because they are blinded by nostalgia.

And only a select few of the movies were crap. If you're seriously saying that Destiny Deoxys and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew were crap, then you have absolutely no taste.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo!

Ok. So that;s good. But I want Mewtwo vs Charizard to happen in Smash to!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind if Mewtwo was created from scratch if he returned, with Melee moves returning only if they fit his new fighting style/theme.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wouldn't mind if they did that for every character. But Mewtwo's moveset is fine I feel, outside of Down and Side B. He just needs several strong buffs all around on the moves. Maybe use a few more psychic blasts instead of tail attacks maybe? Or different Smashes? Though I do like the animations of Forward and Up Smash.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Up Smash looked neat. Wouldn't mind if it had even more of a vortex effect, like Ganondorf's vaccuum leg.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, that would make it more useable, and yes. More psychic blasts for sure, though I like some of his tail attacks. They just need a bit more knockback, particularly the b-air one. As for the other smashes, just less startup lag and more power.

But enough about the moveset. When do we get to see the Genesect movie that he's in? I only break my rule of never watching the anime again if he's involved.

D

Deleted member

If he keeps his Down B, it should be made less situational or at least buffed to a degree that there is some worth to how situational it is.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If chain grabs were eliminated, Down B could simply become his Down Throw. He looks into his grabbed opponent's eyes and hypnotizes them into a stupor.

I would want flashier specials for Down B and Forward B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom