• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
SSB4 with regular balance patches would be the greatest thing.

It's the wave of the future! And by wave of the future I mean Nintendo catching up to what others have been doing for years.

Last edited:

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
I really hope that if Mewtwo makes it in that we get Mega Mewtwo X. X looks like he was designed to fight. While Y is just there to stop evil.

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
I really hope that if Mewtwo makes it in that we get Mega Mewtwo X. X looks like he was designed to fight. While Y is just there to stop evil.
I personally don't like Mewtwo X, he kinda goes against what Mewtwos all about. I don't want my Mewtwo to stop using his psychic powers and start punching and kicking like some common fighting type Poke. And I also think that if we get Mewtwo his FS will be Y to counteract Charizards X form.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I hope neither is in personally. We've already got two Mega Final Smashes. I don't think we need them to become the next Landmaster. Personally, I'd go with Psystrike or something.

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
I personally don't like Mewtwo X, he kinda goes against what Mewtwos all about. I don't want my Mewtwo to stop using his psychic powers and start punching and kicking like some common fighting type Poke. And I also think that if we get Mewtwo his FS will be Y to counteract Charizards X form.
Stat wise I agree. Really I just like the design more. If they were to keep his original qualities but kept the design it would be great in my perfect world. Because I wouldn't want to see another fighter using their limbs to attack, I want to see Mewtwo blast people with his mind. I just want the thrill to come from the X form.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I hope neither is in personally. We've already got two Mega Final Smashes. I don't think we need them to become the next Landmaster. Personally, I'd go with Psystrike or something.
The only way it would be like Landmaster is if they all have the same moves, which they don't.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
*Technical stuff that nobody cares about*

MMX(lol mega man) DOES specialize in physical blows, but that doesn't mean he can't use his psychic powers. Hell, MMX's Special Attack is equal to hard hitters like Palkia, Dialga, and Reshiram, and is actually equal to regular Mewtwo's Special Attack.

*end of technical stuff*

MMY is obvs the best choice, if Extremespeed Genesect is anything to go by.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
*Technical stuff that nobody cares about*

MMX(lol mega man) DOES specialize in physical blows, but that doesn't mean he can't use his psychic powers. Hell, MMX's Special Attack is equal to hard hitters like Palkia, Dialga, and Reshiram, and is actually equal to regular Mewtwo's Special Attack.

*end of technical stuff*

MMY is obvs the best choice, if Extremespeed Genesect is anything to go by.
Also, you can't have Genesect as a Pokeball without MMY. I can see that as a PotD. MMY and behind him is Genesect.

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
True.

It probably has more to do with the fact that I dislike mega evolution in general.
I kind of agree that it's a little lame to have half of the Pokemon reps have the same basic concept as their FS especially when Pokemon have have a lot of flashy moves at their disposal. I guess Pokemon Final Smashes are difficult to do or something because Pokemon Trainers in Brawl was weird and not representative of Pokemon in any way, Lucario's was also weird, I guess you could claim that it was hyper beam but I never got that vibe from it probably since Lucario isn't a common Hyper Beam user. Jigglypuffs FS was just WTF, the only one they nailed was Pikachu's so I guess it's safe to assume that it's hard to assign a FS to the Pokemon characters and that Mega evolutions are an easy cop-out.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
MMY for sure as its more popular and was in the movies and is more recognizable.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
If Sakurai asks what the hot pokemon are, Game Freak will answer with most of them having a Mega Evolution. That said GF will want Sakurai to promote any pokemon that can with a MEvo Final Smash. They'll all be unique & different to not get 'landmaster' treatment.

Edit: OMG YES 160 THIS COULD BE MY LAST POST HERE EVER!<33333333333333333333333333333333:160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
If Sakurai asks what the hot pokemon are, Game Freak will answer with most of them having a Mega Evolution. That said GF will want Sakurai to promote any pokemon that can with a MEvo Final Smash. They'll all be unique & different to not get 'landmaster' treatment.

Edit: OMG YES 160 THIS COULD BE MY LAST POST HERE EVER!<33333333333333333333333333333333:160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160::160:
GameFreak would also be wise to promote the Pokemon that they were already promoting, one with two Mega Evolutions... Mega Kangaskhan. :troll:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
GameFreak would also be wise to promote the Pokemon that they were already promoting, one with two Mega Evolutions... Mega Kangaskhan. :troll:
"Introducing Mega Kangaskhan Wii U and Mega Kangaskhan 3DS! We've given both a litter of five, so she can now attack six times! In the regular series games, we've also removed Ice's resistance to itself and its effectiveness against Grass and Flying because we can!"

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
This is just me being super curious about something after my pokemon movie marathon last night buuuuutttt

Which would you guys like better?

M16 Mewtwo or Dan Green Mewtwo?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

I know the feel, I was shot down for saying they'd be like Landmasters before EVEN THOUGH THEY TOTALLY WOULD

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Double Post
If by "alright" you mean: "cringeworthy" then yes. I agree.
Oh come on, she was not that bad of a character. She was certainly better than Vic Keldeo in the previous movie.

Shes weirdly inconsistent, theres only one Mewtwo so when did he get a sex change? It would have been fine if it was a girl the whole time, just weird that Mewtwo changed genders lol
It was a different Mewtwo, I'd post you a link but its mostly just people bickering and asking why

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Oh come on, she was not that bad of a character. She was certainly better than Vic Keldeo in the previous movie.
ANYTHING is better than Keldeo in that movie.

But yeah, Femtwo wasn't that bad in my opinion, just wasn't as good as the manly Mewtwo.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Never seen the movie, but it seems weird to go that direction, since Mewtwo was already established and everything in the anime.
well technically speaking everything was established in the first movie and that spin off special, never in the real Anime. Fem Mewtwo was more or less established in the anime

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
well technically speaking everything was established in the first movie and that spin off special, never in the real Anime. Fem Mewtwo was more or less established in the anime
Pretty sure sometime in the anime, there was a special focusing on Giovanni trying to recover Mewtwo, and it was the same one as in the movie.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I'm fine with either VA for Mewtwo, but Dan Green is the more iconic one IMO. Plus he was Pharaoh Yugi so he knows about timing and duels and stuff...right? What?
Honestly so long as Mewtwo still has his hilariously scary growl win taunt from Melee I'll be happy with his voice.

As far as his final Smash goes, I really wouldn't mind if he takes Lucario's old one and just Mega Evolves into MMY, Flies to the top of the screen while laughing then fires a Hyper Beam straight down that can be moved by player input. Yes I know Hyper Beam is considered a "crappy" attack in the metagame (unless you are an Aurorus or Porygon Z) but the anime always uses it as a devastating kinda thing, so it makes sense for a final smash.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Pretty sure sometime in the anime, there was a special focusing on Giovanni trying to recover Mewtwo, and it was the same one as in the movie.
Well ya thats what I'm talking about. you know as well as I do that the specials/movies NEVER cross paths with the show.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo or Femtwo, who cares people?
It's still the Pokemon we all want to appear, and the voice alone will not change who the character is in the end. The most powerful Pokemon ever known.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It's still the Pokemon we all want to appear, and the voice alone will not change who the character is in the end. The most powerful Pokemon ever known.
This is the support thread for Mewtwo, not Arceus.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wrong, good sir.
Mewtwo's X and Y formes have a BST of 780.
Arceus has BST of 720.
Mewtwo is superior when he's going all out.
Case closed.
Good day.
oh...
and gg too.
But we're supporting Mewtwo to be playable, correct? Not Mega Mewtwo?

In other words, the Mewtwo you want playable is not the strongest Pokemon in the world.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Wrong, good sir.
Arceus has BST of 720.
Case closed.
Good day.
oh...
and gg too.
OOOOOHHHHHHHHH SSSNNNNAAAAPPPPPPPP SON!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

In other words, the Mewtwo you want playable is not the strongest Pokemon in the world.
You never know what Sakurai may pull out of his hat. Besides, we all know his Mega Forme will appear in some shape or form...so....

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You never know what Sakurai may pool out of his hat. Besides, we all know his Mega Forme will appear in some shape or form...so....
My point is making a small joke.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This is the support thread for Mewtwo, not Arceus.
Are you implying to hate Arceus' angry nerd voice?

ANYTHING is better than Keldeo in that movie.
Meh, I found his VA tolerable. It's in Smash 4, so prepare to hear it a lot. Kyurem is so much better.

It's hard to take Femtwo seriously because of the voice. That and a lady grunting screams unfortunate implications.

If by "alright" you mean: "cringeworthy" then yes. I agree.

"Mewtwo Strikes Back/Returns" Mewtwo is THE Mewtwo.
See, this omnipotent guy who reads everything(haha jokes) understands.

Shes weirdly inconsistent, theres only one Mewtwo so when did he get a sex change? It would have been fine if it was a girl the whole time, just weird that Mewtwo changed genders lol
But Mewtwo want dem fangirls though :]

WHO CARES.

Wrong, good sir.
Arceus has BST of 720.
Case closed.
Good day.
oh...
and gg too.
Cease your whining, Starscream and pray we get Mewtwo soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom