• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I still have faith in Mewtwo's inclusion; however, in the event that he is not included... I am completely and utterly prepared. :troll:
:150:"Close enough!"

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I'm not a Ridley hater, but I seriously don't see why people still think he's got a chance at being playable...Sakurai all but flat out said he's a stage boss...which IMO strengthens his chances for playability in the "next" smash, but dooms him to boss status in this iteration.
If he did not FLAT OUT say it, he's not a stage boss. Pattern's already been set, it'd be a good idea to pay attention.

I think the reveal will have
Mewtwo
Ganondorf
Ness
Wario
Ice climbers
Jigglypuff.
And maybe JUST MAYBE
DEFINITELY Ridley. Just maybe Definitely.
Fixed!

D

Deleted member

I have worked in customer service and that is a generic response typed up to satisfy a customer. It means nothing. I've typed hundreds of those kind of emails in different context.
oh, that sucks. and this Mewtwo thread is so big my post would have been paperweight.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don't think we'll get a reveal this week. Due to time being tight and the Japanese release, they're going to have to reveal all their characters. And I think they want to wait as long as possible for that.
I think the reveal will have
Mewtwo
Ganondorf
Ness
Wario
Ice climbers
Jigglypuff.
And maybe JUST MAYBE Ridley. Just maybe.
Sidenote

You can't predict sakurai

And this wednesday is the anniversary of the pyrosphere reveal (aka 1 year since he teased ridley.)

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
@SmashBroski those codecs you asked for. Everyone else, enjoy as well.

*codec*

Snake: Colonel, what's this bipedal cat thing?
Campbell: That is Mewtwo, snake.
Snake: Mewtwo? What kind of name is that?
Campbell: Mewtwo is a genetically cloned Pokémon, created by Team Rocket from Mew's DNA, meant to be the strongest of it's species.
Snake: And did they succeed?
Campbell: For years, it had that title. Nowadays it has some competition from Arceus, the Pokemon god. That doesn't mean it's weak, however. It's psychic powers outperform any modern weaponry you have.
Snake: It can't be that strong.
Campbell: Just watch yourself, Snake.

*end*

*codec*

Snake: Otacon! What is this thing? Is it a Pokemon?
Otacon: That's Mewtwo, Snake. It's a genetically cloned Pokemon, cloned from Mew to be the most powerful of it's species.
Snake: Genetics...great.
Otacon: That's not all, either. It had human DNA inserted into it, so it can speak through telepathy.
Snake: Telepathy? How long until it takes over the world with it's abilities?
Otacon: It can't do it by itself, Snake. It'd need a whole army of clones to even have a remote chance.
Snake: Liquid and Solidus came close to doing so and didn't need armies, Otacon.
Otacon: ...Uh...you just be careful.

*end*

*codec*

Snake: Mei Ling, what Pokemon is this?
Mei Ling: It's Mewtwo, Snake. It was genetically cloned to serve Team Rocket for their own selfish goals.
Snake: Genetic cloning...I think I'd sympathize with him.
Mei Ling: It isn't one to feel emotion, Snake. It just wants to fight it's opponents.
Snake: Can it even talk?
Mei Ling: Through telepathy, it can. But don't try it.
Snake: We're both genetic freaks, Mei. I'd rather fall trying.
Mei Ling: *giggles* Someone's got a soft side.
Snake: ...

*end*

*jarred intro*

Snake: Hey! What's going on here?!
*distorted image*
Mewtwo: Human.
Snake: What! What are you and why are you here?
Mewtwo: I am Mewtwo. Strongest of all Pokemon. Subject to the genetic cloning torture you human scientists used me for.
Snake: Genetics...I can sympathize. My brothers and me were genetic clones as well.
Mewtwo: Do not pity me, human. You're no better than them.
Snake: We're more alike than you or I'd like to admit.
Mewtwo: ...worry about yourself.
No reference to Psycho Mantis? I thought that one would have been obvious? I tease, these are really good. I enjoyed reading them.

For those of you that would like different specials, don't forget that there are now custom moves in the game that could give you some different moves, as long as the animation doesn't drastically change. I believe I posted my ideas for some custom moves awhile back in the thread. If anyone would like to discuss those again I can find it.

Another thought that I kind mused over in my mind, what if Mewtwo had been shown of in the Charizard/Greninja trailer in Greninja's place, but with everything leading up to Mewtwo's reveal hinting at Greninja. Would people be able to see the through ruse and say that it was definitely Mewtwo? And that would have been a heart-jerking experience to Greninja fans. But perhaps that is a discussion for another thread.

Lastly, how would everyone feel about a big Mewtwo tease that didn't necessarily show Mewtwo? Something along the lines of, a new challenger is shown off and then we see the usual gameplay stuff that all leads up to a fight in front of a cave opening. And then we see the Smash logo flash across the screen. Then, similar to the Robin trailer where it showed Chrom a bit, we go back to the action in front of the cave. The camera pans slowly towards the open and we see glowing blue eyes open in the darkness. As the screen fades dark we hear a sinister laugh that all Mewtwo fans are accustom to from his taunt and win pose.

Steelia

Smash Champion
welp
It may not be Smash, but:

Pokémon - New Project
It has been announced that a special stream is to be held on August 26th at 10pm JST (2pm BST, 9am EDT) called Weekly Famitsu feat. Pokémon Special. It is not known what this project is, whether it's a game, a new manga etc., but they say it's a shocking announcement. This stream will be hosted by Ayana Tsubaki & Bunbun-maru and features special guests Tsunekazu Ishihara, president of The Pokémon Company, as well as Nobuhiko Okamoto & Aoi Yuuki, who voiced Iris in the anime, and two currently unknown special guests.
Will we finally be seeing news on Pokken Fighters?!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's cool and all, but given it has nothing to do with Mewtwo as far as we know, please take this discussion to the Poke Center boards.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Warning Received

Site glitched out for me....Could it be????

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I really don't think we'll get a "Challenger" banner for Mewtwo, simply because he's a veteran.

I could be wrong, since none of the characters cut in Brawl have returned as yet to compare, but my suspicion is that he'll be treated as a veteran.

Though we may get a "Mewtwo returns to the fight" splash page of some sort when he does appear in the final trailer.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I really don't think we'll get a "Challenger" banner for Mewtwo, simply because he's a veteran.

I could be wrong, since none of the characters cut in Brawl have returned as yet to compare, but my suspicion is that he'll be treated as a veteran.

Though we may get a "Mewtwo returns to the fight" splash page of some sort when he does appear in the final trailer.
Meta Knight and Yoshi had the banner, so why wouldn't Mewtwo have one as well?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Meta Knight and Yoshi had the banner, so why wouldn't Mewtwo have one as well?
You're right. I was thinking of something else.

Meta Knight's would still be below Mewtwo's though. It'd take more than a day to get rid of it. We have had multiples before.

The Gerbil

Smash Cadet
It's hard to think of a reason why Mewtwo WON'T return. When it comes to external "evidence" such as Sakurai's comment about him thinking about adding Mewtwo, or Sakurai's quote about how he adds Pokemon reps to the roster (like which Pokemon is currently popular or in movies,) Mewtwo meets this criteria.

Personally, I think the Pokemon Company wants Mewtwo back in Smash. If they were fine with Mewtwo in Melee, I don't see why they would not want him in Sm4sh. Heck they even were okay with Mewtwo in Brawl but had to be cut due to time.

While a Pokemon getting one mega evolution is not that special anymore, getting TWO still is. Even Lucario who is often fabled as "Pikachu 2.0" or the "2nd mascot" only received one mega evo (not trying to downplay Lucario). I feel that Mewtwo getting two mega evolutions seals the deal that the Pokemon Company values him more than almost any other pokemon. Is it really a coincidence that ONLY the other Pokemon to get two mega evos, Charizard, is already a playable fighter? And we all know how iconic Charizard is, right?

Plus, Sakurai has stated that the Pokemon Company has control over what content is put in Smash. They want Mewtwo back. I'm positive they do.

The only obstacles standing in Mewtwo's way are arbitrary fan theories such as "BUT POKEMON CANT HAVE MORE SLOTS THAN MARIO" or "GEN 1 HAS TOO MANY REPS" or "WE NEED SCEPTILE AS OUR GRASS TYPE" or "OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW" or my personal favorite "MEWTWO IS TOO POWERFUL IN THE GAMES HE WILL BE A BOSS"

I can go on, but I had to get this off my chest. You all are my Mewtwo bros (and gals.)

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I've always hate the "Can't have more slots than Mario" considering Mario only has 6 slots, if you ignore his extended franchise and only stick stricktly to Mario universe. People seem to forget that Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario are also a part of the Mario franchise.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@ The Gerbil The Gerbil
Mewtwo was planned to be in every Super Smash Brothers game to date, beginning 'till now being the 4th installment. They most likely really want him in Smash. I've neither heard nor considered Lucario to be a fabled "Pikachu 2.0" or "2nd mascot". Sounds like a highly subjective opinion shared by many to me, I thought Jigglypuff was that for a while. Lucario's popular but he's not nostalgia popular like Charizard is, to get 2 MEvos. On a good note with Mewtwo assuming Charizard doesn't get his Y MEvo, implementing Mewtwo in Sm4sh with 2 MEvo's would make him by far the most unique Pokemon fighter in Smash Brothers. With that much effort I'm hoping they've already done it. If characters got cut due to that unique characteristic, then I'd put it in the same category the Mii Fighters & Palutena are in, the "Unnecessary Time Spent In" category. But still would be awesome.

I also didn't think arbitrary theories like that stood in Mewtwo's path.:laugh:

"Gen1 has too many reps" = Reps is a bad word, say characters or fighters instead. Gen1 is the most iconic & popular generation for many reasons. I dislike that the bigger Smash grows in roster, the more Gen1 I see, Brawl having 5 Gen1 & one Gen4. I'm over it, but I'm glad PT is practically de-confirmed knowing a Gen6 & Gen4 are in.

"We need sceptile as our grass type" = I'm bias for a grass type in general to be an inclusion fighter for Sm4sh. I've always wanted a playable grass type & it finally took Brawl to make that happen. Sceptile is cool & there's nothing wrong with having them beside each other in the roster.

"Mewtwo is too powerful in the games he will be a boss" = See Melee Mewtwo.:troll: *put on blast* Mewtwo imo is still a cool Boss Idea, but he's better off being playable or a Masterball Summon. It'd be dope to lose to a Intense mode level Boss Battle Mewtwo though.

Thanks for Posting~

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
The Pokémon announcement next week could be for Mewtwo since all it specified was "New project" and "shocking announcement"
While it might be up to debate that the new project is Smash Considering that Mewtwo's chances seem to be becoming less everyday (or at least it is for most people outside of this thread.) That could be a "Shocking announcement" while this could hint Mewtwo I'm sort of 30% Mewtwo, 60% on Pokén fighters and 10% on something new

But atleast if this is a Pokén fighters announcement then we know Mewtwo has a 150% chance of making it in that game. (The extra 50% is Mew getting in.)

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
The Pokémon announcement next week could be for Mewtwo since all it specified was "New project" and "shocking announcement"
While it might be up to debate that the new project is Smash Considering that Mewtwo's chances seem to be becoming less everyday (or at least it is for most people outside of this thread.) That could be a "Shocking announcement" while this could hint Mewtwo I'm sort of 30% Mewtwo, 60% on Pokén fighters and 10% on something new

But atleast if this is a Pokén fighters announcement then we know Mewtwo has a 150% chance of making it in that game. (The extra 50% is Mew getting in.)
That would be great but with the Pokemon Card game coming to IOS, I'm guessing it could be another IOS game or maybe that Pokemon MMO everyone wants(yeah right).

Steelia

Smash Champion
Do you relize what this means if sakurai is one of the mystery guest

This could be it for mewtwo.
And then he reveals Jiggs, and everyone brings back up the "POKEON SLOTS FILED MEWTWO CUT" :awesome:
I'll be waiting for any remarks on a PotD... If he mentions the Famitsu thing, then I'll have to find a way to tune in!

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I have a feeling Jigglypuff will get announced and at the end of his trailer the smash logo will appear and Mewtwo will be announced... Just me?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Somehow I think the new project will be Pokemon Z....or X2 and Y2....
I'd be in total shock if it is Mewtwo though....just don't get your hopes up guys.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Somehow I think the new project will be Pokemon Z....or X2 and Y2....
I'd be in total shock if it is Mewtwo though....just don't get your hopes up guys.
Pokemon Z is possible but not possible.. I just don't see it happening, really since you could catch Z in both games. And ORAS is coming out soon.
Let's just hope It's Mewtwo and get let down.
When is the announcement?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Pokemon Z is possible but not possible.. I just don't see it happening, really since you could catch Z in both games. And ORAS is coming out soon.
Let's just hope It's Mewtwo and get let down.
When is the announcement?
....you do realize you could catch trio masters in all the previous games, right?
That does NOT stop a 3rd game from being made.
Remember Rayquaza? Giratina? Kyurem...?!

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
....you do realize you could catch trio masters in all the previous games, right?
That does NOT stop a 3rd game from being made.
Remember Rayquaza? Giratina?
Mkay. If it's a Pokemon announcement by the Pokemon team I don't think it'll be Mewtwo for Sm4sh.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Now I feel dumb.... Can someone fill me up on this announcement? I didn't know there was going to be a special guest.
it has been announced that a special stream is to be held on August 26th at 10pm JST (2pm BST, 9am EDT) called Weekly Famitsu feat. Pokémon Special. It is not known what this project is, whether it's a game, a new manga etc., but they say it's a shocking announcement. This stream will be hosted by Ayana Tsubaki & Bunbun-maru and features special guests Tsunekazu Ishihara, president of The Pokémon Company, as well as Nobuhiko Okamoto & Aoi Yuuki, who voiced Iris in the anime, and two currently unknown special guests.
mewtwo and jigglypuff?

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
it has been announced that a special stream is to be held on August 26th at 10pm JST (2pm BST, 9am EDT) called Weekly Famitsu feat. Pokémon Special. It is not known what this project is, whether it's a game, a new manga etc., but they say it's a shocking announcement. This stream will be hosted by Ayana Tsubaki & Bunbun-maru and features special guests Tsunekazu Ishihara, president of The Pokémon Company, as well as Nobuhiko Okamoto & Aoi Yuuki, who voiced Iris in the anime, and two currently unknown special guests.
mewtwo and jigglypuff?
It does seem logical and unexpected :p

Brojito

Smash Rookie
I think there's like a 10% chance of mewtwo being revealed on the weekly famitsu stream. Guessing it could be pokken, pokemon snap 2, or maybe even another shadow pokemon title for Wii U.

What I DO know is that if they happen to bring out Sakurai during the stream I'm going absolutely LOSE.MY.****.

Illya-tan

Smash Rookie
i 100% support mewtwo for smash 4 and he was my main on melee and really got disapointed to not se him on brawl :(

just wanna share a vid i found on youtube that i found hilarious.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I would be SO HYPED if the project game was in fact Pokemon Snap 2. I'd lose it.

Pokken Fighters sounds cool, & only done through Smash Brothers. Pokemon Z is also a cool suggestion, because I dig Zygarde.:shades:

Brojito

Smash Rookie
I would be SO HYPED if the project game was in fact Pokemon Snap 2. I'd lose it.

Pokken Fighters sounds cool, & only done through Smash Brothers. Pokemon Z is also a cool suggestion, because I dig Zygarde.:shades:
It's gotta at least be some sort of title for the Wii U since it's starving for some pokemans, which would be great since it would finally be a reason for me to buy one ^_^

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's cool and all, but given it has nothing to do with Mewtwo as far as we know, please take this discussion to the Poke Center boards.
Keep the discussion on Mewtwo everyone. This new game stuff belongs in the Poke Center and Nintenzone boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom