• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I find no answer to this. The Ganon fans in teh ganon treat are also in awe, as he revamped bowser heavily and also did monster characters like the Miis, which are like 24 chars in one slot. Yet falcondorf keeps getting falcondorfed.

Some say that is because Sakurai "mains" him and love the way he is, brutal and so on... but i despise that excuse because we all know he is not a WWE wrestler but a powerful wizard. Sakurai contradicts himself in a lot of things.
That's one reason why I kinda want a new director for the next game. Cutting Luigified characters for clones, ignoring the first ten years of Wario's history, giving the middle finger salute to the three most wanted characters, blatant Kid Icarus favoritism, no new DK or Metroid stages for the 3DS version, and insulting Ganondorf's character by keeping him a clone are all bad decisions.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Correction: Are me and Speed the only people who think Mewtwo still had a good chance of being in the game?
I'm pretty sure he is in too. I just lurk more than I post. Seriously, why bring Dr. Mario back from Melee and not Mewtwo? I mean I can see Sakurai doing that (and that's terrible), but I hope he doesn't. Mewtwo must recover and make it into Smash 4. It is his destiny. Didn't Mewtwo have a ridiculous amount of timed needed to unlock him in Melee? Very possible the guy who has the game just didn't play enough.

I can't wait until people start getting the game early. Then we should know either way in a couple of days after.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Unlock conditions for Ridleyso no one can leak him:play 1,000,000 matches Mewtwo:play for 1000 hours

This way no leaker could unlock them the games with a download all characters code in the manual
:troll:

YoshiplayerX

Smash Apprentice
No, Dr Mario doesnt steal time for including Mewtwo. He is a clone of Mario, it takes less time than including a character with a new model, moveset hitboxes...
But i still hope Mewtwu is returning:)
He is a great character. I dont know why they cut him in Brawl.

Last edited:

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Why are people losing hope in Mewtwo? Wasn't it on the Dixie Kong/Chorus Men leak

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
Here's my take on the leak as a writer that's been covering them for Game Rant:

Any claims that are made without video or photographic evidence can't be trusted. There are a lot of people who are claiming that they have insider knowledge, but the truth of the matter is that they don't – they just want some attention.

What's more likely is that a Nintendo employee got a hold of the ESRB footage and decided to send it to a friend. Whether this individual then proceeded to pass it to others or not (which they probably did) is what resulted in the leak. None of these individuals have a copy of the game because Nintendo would NEVER allow it out of their headquarters for obvious reasons. During E3 (off the top of my head I'm unsure if it was stated during a Treehouse presentation or the roundtable discussion, the latter of which I attended), the employees testing Super Smash Bros. at Nintendo's HQ in Redmond, Washington said that they had to keep employees from seeing that Pac-Man was in the game.

They literally kept unannounced characters a secret to Treehouse staff that weren't working on the project; that's how secretive the company has been with the roster. There isn't a former employee running around with a copy, all of these leaks are coming from pre-recorded footage of the game that was created with the sole intention of being sent to the ESRB for rating purposes.

That said, I don't believe the roster is final, I don't believe Sakurai would let Yoshi separate the Mario characters and I don't believe he'd allow for the clones to sit in their own group. This is, of course, just my opinion as someone that's been following the series since its release. The locked All-Stars mode appears to confirm this theory, but it's entirely possible that we've seen the final roster.

I'm hopeful for Mewtwo, as I am for a number of other characters, but gamers should not be buying into any text rumors. We'll find out what Sakurai has planned for fans soon enough, but convincing yourself of a character's inclusion without concrete evidence is setting yourself up for disappointment. Sit back and enjoy the ride, I don't believe it's over yet.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915

Any claims that are made without video or photographic evidence can't be trusted. There are a lot of people who are claiming that they have insider knowledge, but the truth of the matter is that they don't – they just want some attention.

What's more likely is that a Nintendo employee got a hold of the ESRB footage and decided to send it to a friend. Whether this individual then proceeded to pass it to others or not (which they probably did) is what resulted in the leak. None of these individuals have a copy of the game because Nintendo would NEVER allow it out of their headquarters for obvious reasons. During E3 (off the top of my head I'm unsure if it was stated during a Treehouse presentation or the roundtable discussion, the latter of which I attended), the employees testing Super Smash Bros. at Nintendo's HQ in Redmond, Washington said that they had to keep employees from seeing that Pac-Man was in the game.

They literally kept unannounced characters a secret to Treehouse staff that weren't working on the project; that's how secretive the company has been with the roster. There isn't a former employee running around with a copy, all of these leaks are coming from pre-recorded footage of the game that was created with the sole intention of being sent to the ESRB for rating purposes.

That said, I don't believe the roster is final, I don't believe Sakurai would let Yoshi separate the Mario characters and I don't believe he'd allow for the clones to sit in their own group. This is, of course, just my opinion as someone that's been following the series since its release. The locked All-Stars mode appears to confirm this theory, but it's entirely possible that we've seen the final roster.

I'm hopeful for Mewtwo, as I am for a number of other characters, but gamers should not be buying into any text rumors. We'll find out what Sakurai has planned for fans soon enough, but convincing yourself of a character's inclusion without concrete evidence is setting yourself up for disappointment. Sit back and enjoy the ride, I don't believe it's over yet.
So basically, Pics/Footage or it didn't happen. That's pretty much how I've felt about all this, actually.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860

I just regained all hope in Mewtwo.
I guess they didn't show off the full roster.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
The position of the clones is indeed bothering. Why the racism with them?. Lucina should be with marth , the same with dark pit.
They are tossed in the bottom like if their clonery status make them less of a character. thats plain wrong and i doubt sakurai would let that stay like it is in the picture.

I think the picture is real.... but the position of the characters is in a beta or alfa mode.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It seems I missed out on quite a discussion.

Get me up to @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed .

get it :troll:

Seriously what did I miss.
Basically people are starting to think the roster we saw is all we'll get...they're completely ignoring the obvious truth from the Nikata leak that predicted quite a few things that ended up being true with the recent leak.
Mewtwo was included in the prediction.
Mewtwo is in the game.
There's not much more I can say.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Im planning on starting a crusade for Mewtwos inclusion as Dlc if he is ignored this time (currently trying to start one for wolf) would any of you all be in to help? (I know its early but I wont start till we know for sure he is gone.)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Im planning on starting a crusade for Mewtwos inclusion as Dlc if he is ignored this time (currently trying to start one for wolf) would any of you all be in to help? (I know its early but I wont start till we know for sure he is gone.)
:facepalm: ....look, he's not gone.....
Anyways, I'm not even going to bother trying with Sakurai any more if he does end up neglecting Mewtwo for a second time. I trust the guy's judgement, but teasing and then not delivering will quickly end all trust from me.
Sorry...can't help you here.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
:facepalm: ....look, he's not gone.....
Anyways, I'm not even going to bother trying with Sakurai any more if he does end up neglecting Mewtwo for a second time. I trust the guy's judgement, but teasing and then not delivering will quickly end all trust from me.
Sorry...can't help you here.
Well lets just say "hypothetically" he is gone, would you try to include him via DLC then?

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
If he's not on the roster, he isn't going to be. Period.
There's no point in trying from that point onwards...
Exactly. Not to mention that any DLC ( If there are any ) are already done by now and just getting a little debugging..

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
The problem is why even bother adding clones in the first place. To balance roster space. if u cant complete everyone before the release then they shoud be utilized for DLC. A lot of people would be against this (cause idiots like Capcom tend to have complete characters on disc) but it can be done in a smart efficient way and heres how:

Its going to cost a lot of time an money to develope full characters with original moves. The PM team took 700 hours to make Mewtwo from scratch with what they had, I think Sakurai can do better than that. Point is they should invest the money for incomplete characters and pay off the doe by selling them as Dlc, that way people are paying to get requested characters rather than delaying the game.

With that said im confident that the leaked game info we saw was most likley an incomplete game and the missing characters where not finished and there for where not programmed in that build to be used.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Basically people are starting to think the roster we saw is all we'll get...they're completely ignoring the obvious truth from the Nikata leak that predicted quite a few things that ended up being true with the recent leak.
Mewtwo was included in the prediction.
This is another misconception. Never in the actual Ninka leak itself is Mewtwo mentioned. There was another "leaker" who gave out somewhat similar info at the same time (mentioning Doc, Dark Pit and DHD); people always tie that separate leak into Ninka's for whatever reason.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
This is another misconception. Never in the actual Ninka leak itself is Mewtwo mentioned. There was another "leaker" who gave out somewhat similar info at the same time (mentioning Doc, Dark Pit and DHD); people always tie that separate leak into Ninka's for whatever reason.
...regardless...
That same person predicted the roster before the leak. It doesn't matter if it was a different leaker, the other guy was still right about Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.
Why shouldn't we just believe in both people? They seem to BOTH know what's going on.
Not to mention....they didn't tease about the leaks. They were straight and forthcoming with the knowledge they had.
(and if I'm not mistaking, they also debunked the rumour of DLC, claiming that that particular part of the rumour was not true)

Last edited:

WarpStarSplash

Smash Rookie
Around the world there are more Mewtwo supporters, no doubt. Mewtwo is one of the most popular Pokémon of all time, so that kind of goes hand in hand. Ridley supporters are simply more vocal because we need to be due to all the hate we receive.

Anyways, considering there are more characters yet to be revealed I consider Mewtwo a very safe guess at the moment.
I don't think Mewtwo is in the clear YET. Sakurai is know to do the opposite of what people think he'll do.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
That's not really a fair comparison. Mewtwo may be the top dog right now, but that's only because Sonic and Mega Man are already in. Sakurai has already thrown in an obligatory "for the fans" character.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Whats with this stupid clone row theory going around. and why is ganondorf, toon link, and falco not with them.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
What do you mean cause all of toon links attacks are like that of links with minor differences.
Like say Dr mario is with mario or lucina is with marth.
Not really.
Link uses kicks and different types of sword swings, plus, they're different in height, weight and speed.
Pseudo clone. Same applies to Gannondorf and Falco...in Brawl, that is. They WERE full clones in Melee.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Not really.
Link uses kicks and different types of sword swings, plus, they're different in height, weight and speed.
Pseudo clone. Same applies to Gannondorf and Falco...in Brawl, that is. They WERE full clones in Melee.
Dr mario was slower and more powerful and had altered specials same as toon link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom