• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Well guys. Any minute now leaks are going to be flooding in.

That's what you get Sakurai. Don't make us wait too long.

Oh guys remember this?

Well, the temptation is real. I am seriously one click away from buying this but I really, REALLY don't know...

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
I'm tempted to repost the "leaked" Mewtwo photos that I made by taking screen shots of the site and pathetically drawing Mewtwo's face on them.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I hope Mewtwo gets a unique Final Smash. I feel 3 Pokemon having Mega forms as Final Smashes would be kind of a cop-out and I really don't like Mega Mewtwo at all.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
...You're joking right? Mewtwo may not be the most played, but he's the most liked, how many gen 1 Pokemon we have doesn't really matter, especially if we got 1/2 of the Fire Emblem characters from Awakening.
I still think it's important to represent the other gens, while they may be popular there is more to pokemon than these guys, 1st gen is currently taking up 3/5 of the characters, 4/6 if mewtwo returns. Also like it or not lucario is like the mewtwo for the newer pokemon fans

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I still think it's important to represent the other gens, while they may be popular there is more to pokemon than these guys, 1st gen is currently taking up 3/5 of the characters, 4/6 if mewtwo returns. Also like it or not lucario is like the mewtwo for the newer pokemon fans
I'm pretty sure we talked about not talking about Lucario being a Mewtwo in any sort of way to any sort of human.

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
Hey, remember the excitement of going through Cerulean cave and finding the most OP, awesome Pokemon ever? The one hinted at in Cinnabar's Pokemon Mansion? Lucario? I thought that was pretty cool, yo.

I fell pretty good about Mewtwo's chances. It could be the Y Mega to balance Charizard X.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Im better the full roster to be leaked within the next 48 hours. There's a good chance people have the game and are currently unlocking the characters.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I would love to see Mewtwo not mega evolve. Because the reason I like him is because of the first movie and the earlier games. When normal Mewtwo was the ultimate pokemon. Which is would make not having Mega x or y mewtwo more nostalgic for me.

However, with that said I would be surprised if they decided to not have a mega evolution for mewtwo.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I would love to see Mewtwo not mega evolve. Because the reason I like him is because of the first movie and the earlier games. When normal Mewtwo was the ultimate pokemon. Which is would make not having Mega x or y mewtwo more nostalgic for me.

However, with that said I would be surprised if they decided to not have a mega evolution for mewtwo.
I think giving Mewtwo Lucario's Final Smash from Brawl would work if they wanted to make Mewtwo have a "unique" Final Smash. He could even Mega Evolve before doing it, float up top and then blast away. Call it Hyper Beam so it isn't a made up move like "Aura Storm" and you are good to go. The anime always considers Hyper Beam the most decimating move ever (even though it sucks in game unless you are an Aurorus or Porygon Z), so why not give it to one of the most decimating pokemon for a decimating move? Makes sense to me. I also just wanna say decimating one more time.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think giving Mewtwo Lucario's Final Smash from Brawl would work if they wanted to make Mewtwo have a "unique" Final Smash. He could even Mega Evolve before doing it, float up top and then blast away. Call it Hyper Beam so it isn't a made up move like "Aura Storm" and you are good to go. The anime always considers Hyper Beam the most decimating move ever (even though it sucks in game unless you are an Aurorus or Porygon Z), so why not give it to one of the most decimating pokemon for a decimating move? Makes sense to me. I also just wanna say decimating one more time.
I would prefer Project M's version of "Aura Storm" if Mewtwo had to have Lucario's Final Smash. ESPECIALLY if he Mega Evolves right before performing it.

Why? We have 7 mario reps, the roster has more characters than the leak and mewtwo is one of the most wanted characters
There is no correlation between the Mario franchise and Pokemon. Mewtwo would still be considered even if Mario had 4 "reps."

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I would prefer Project M's version of "Aura Storm" if Mewtwo had to have Lucario's Final Smash. ESPECIALLY if he Mega Evolves right before performing it.

There is no correlation between the Mario franchise and Pokemon. Mewtwo would still be considered even if Mario had 4 "reps."
Groovy.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not that I'm not optimistic, but should Mewtwo not make it in I won't be crushed like I was Pre-Brawl.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Not that I'm not optimistic, but should Mewtwo not make it in I won't be crushed like I was Pre-Brawl.
On other news. the 10000 posters of this thread shall destroy Sakurai If Mewtwo isn't included.

Just kidding Sakurai please don't leave him out

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Im expecting him to be in, but don't jump to conclusions.

This is Nintendo we are talking about guys and they have made some very questionable decisions in the past.

BertholdtFubar

Smash Cadet
As inevitable as Mewtwo may seem, there's always a chance he didn't make it in for some reason or another. For that reason, I urge you guys not to take Mewtwo for granted, setting yourselves up for disappointment.

I still think he's got a really good chance of making it in, but there's always a chance something will go wrong.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Not when it comes to smash, no. Anime maybe.
Pretty much yeah. . .though Lucario has more anime under his belt.
Lucario makes more Major appearances in the anime television series & more Minor appearances through cameos including his debut movie Lucario & the Mystery of Mew.
Mewtwo makes more appearances through movies & specials with the exception of a few appearances in the anime only through 3 brief episodes, Mewtwo Strikes Back & Genesect and the Legend Awakened & the Prologue for his major movie appearances. Film specials such as Mewtwo Returns with bonus content The Uncut Story Of Mewtwo's Origin. The television special Pokemon Origins.

Anime as a whole Lucario's made at most 5 appearances in the anime occurring in 30+ episodes through major roles including a movie, thus Lucario takes the cake of more television appearances. Mewtwo on the other hand has 2 Major movies & 3 - 4 specials, therefore Mewtwo has more films. The quickest & easiest answer is:
That would be both of them
Meh, I don't see what's unique about dumping Lucario's (old) Brawl Final Smash onto Sm4sh Mewtwo (new) even if it was Project M Mewtwo's FS. . .even though that was hype & was mad strong. It can work & at the end of the day I wouldn't complain but it would help neither the smash-fan-base nor be creative unless Time Restraints struck Mewtwo, leading to that. I'd like to separate these characters from having similar moves, since we know how big of a deal people made out of Aura Sphere 'replacing' Shadow Ball.
Though speculation about Mega Lucario in his famitsu image he appears to be raising his arms above his head, so he may use Aura Storm again, then drop down to fight for a limited time. (Broken if true, ggs triple KO)

This speculation about Aura Storm practically being Hyper Beam from this wiki site pretty much makes all the sense it needs:
Hyper Beam Speculation
Some players of Super Smash Bros Brawl speculate the furiously powerful beam of aura to be a renamed Hyper Beam. Reasons include:
  • It looks similar like Deoxys' Hyper Beam when released from a Poké Ball, or Dialga/Palkia on the Spear Pillar stage
  • Lucario can use Hyper Beam in the main series games
  • It has the same properties as SSBB Hyper Beams; powerful blast, short attack time, knockback only when ending, user cannot attack for a while (AS puts Lucario into a 'semi-helpless' state, in which it cannot use Special Moves but can use aerial attacks; HB dissallows Dialga/Palkia to use any attack for a while)
  • Their users (Deoxys and Lucario) have similar properties: not much different than average Trainer height, powerful movest, and are both starred in movies, and
  • They both are very powerful moves.
Also in other news, Aura Storm is no longer an arbitrary attack that doesn't exist.:troll:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/XY032
The Aura Storm! (Japanese: メガルカリオ対メガルカリオ!波導の嵐!!Mega Lucario VS Mega Lucario ! The Wave-Guiding Storm!!)
It finally took the anime 6 years after Brawl's release to prove to us Aura Storm isn't fictional, isn't that just the greatest?:denzel:

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
On other news. the 10000 posters of this thread shall destroy Sakurai If Mewtwo isn't included.

I think the Ridley fans have us beat on potential rage...

Just take it all off site, I'm a mod first, fellow user/fanboy second.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

10,000 posts does seem impressive disregarding Ridle @ --- --- :4greninja:'d

However it's not entirely formidable when practicallythe 10000 posts of 264 pages of 40 posts per page is only by maybe no less than 100 people in total in the thread. Yet I'd rather be in the 100 small & formidable Mewtwos than a leading army of 10,000 third-rate Slowpokes.:079:

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That is true, but I see the Pokemon characters representing this (this is if we believe Mewtwo and Jigglypuff to be in the game):

Pikachu - Is the mascot of Pokemon.

Charizard - Represents the Pokemon games.

Lucario - Represents the Pokemon movies.

Mewtwo - Represents the Legendary Pokemon in the games.

Greninja - Represents the 6th generation.

Jigglypuff - Represents the Anime or represents the new Fairy Typing found in the Pokemon games.

That is my take on it.

Roxas215

Smash Lord

If Mewtwo does indeed return there is now ay in hell they WONT use his Mega form in some way.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, but it is with great dismay that I firmly believe that Mewtwo will not be in this game. The fact that we haven't seen a single hint of him just 2 days before release....:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm sorry, but it is with great dismay that I firmly believe that Mewtwo will not be in this game. The fact that w haven't seen a single hint of him just 2 days before release....:cry::cry::cry:

Don't loose hope when we're so close to release. Its obvious he's just a super secret unlockable like Ridley!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom