• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
Well, we have a literal clone in the roster now as opposed to another move-set clone. That only leaves one other literal clone on my wishlist, but that's for another thread. I can't wait to play 8 Player Smash, nor can I wait for Mewtwo Amiibo's to hit store shelves. The next 6 years are going to be a SMASH!

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Somewhere in my home state a friend who doubted me for a second that he thought Mewtwo had no chance to return once the final roster was leaked, well he didn't think that he would be the 1st DLC character revealed (proved him wrong when he thought that Pac-man wouldn't make a great playable character and looked what happened), I'm happy to have my Melee main back in my arms once again (which means Dark Pit will be my alt, depending on how much changes Mewtwo got this time around).

Hopefully, since I own the 3DS version and my friend owns the Wii U version, I hope the DLC will work even if we both don't have the other version, although it's required that you own both versions of the game (since I have no plans to get a Wii U even though I was hoping to get 1), even so I'm ready to pay for the DLC price just for Mewtwo.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Not sure if Mewtwo will get it's own trailer considering it's already been announced anyway, but I'm sure they'll at least release some footage of it showing it off at some point once they've completed him.

Can't wait till then!
I'm pretty sure he will. That "Movies" section they have on the Wii U kind of makes it seem like all the characters will have a trailer, whether it's combined (like Robin/Captain Falcon/Lucina) or solo.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Somewhere in my home state a friend who doubted me for a second that he thought Mewtwo had no chance to return once the final roster was leaked, well he didn't think that he would be the 1st DLC character revealed (proved him wrong when he thought that Pac-man wouldn't make a great playable character and looked what happened), I'm happy to have my Melee main back in my arms once again (which means Dark Pit will be my alt, depending on how much changes Mewtwo got this time around).

Hopefully, since I own the 3DS version and my friend owns the Wii U version, I hope the DLC will work even if we both don't have the other version, although it's required that you own both versions of the game (since I have no plans to get a Wii U even though I was hoping to get 1), even so I'm ready to pay for the DLC price just for Mewtwo.
I wouldn't expect it to be much maybe $5. I think they're just giving him away for free as a reward for those who did purchase both versions, as in people who already planned on getting both versions.

micstar615

Smash Ace
I couldn't be happier today. My most wanted character is finally making it in :') Mewtwo has a lot of sentimental value to me as a character. It was hard not having him in Brawl and then not seeing him in the final roster in SSB4. All hope seemed lost when I saw him as a trophy. What a curveball! I'm so beyond hyped right now, Mewtwo fans very where REJOICE! Our cat is returning <3 :')

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well, congrats guys, I guess at least some justice was served by the end of the day. I'd also like to bring up my bragging rights as I continously said that if Mewtwo wasn't in the launch roster that he'd spearhead DLC, plus he and Jiggles were never competing against each other.

Last edited:

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
I couldn't be happier today. My most wanted character is finally making it in :') Mewtwo has a lot of sentimental value to me as a character. It was hard not having him in Brawl and then not seeing him in the final roster in SSB4. All hope seemed lost when I saw him as a trophy. What a curveball! I'm so beyond hyped right now, Mewtwo fans very where REJOICE! Our cat is returning <3 :')
I'm in the same boat. However, this means that the final roster...isn't the final roster. I'll be happy if Mewtwo is the only DLC. If this drives sales for both games, we may see more. Who knows? A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's-a-go!

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm glad that Mewtwo is referred to as a "he" haha! I don't know if they would have gone with Femtwo-inspiration anyway, but still. I'm super hyped to see him come back, shame we have to wait for quite a while still.

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
I don't care about playing as Mewtwo at all, and I also really sucked with him back in Melee.
But Mewtwo is just THE Pokemon who has to be there next to Pikachu (and Charizard)
Congratulations Mewtwo supporters!

YeahVeryeah

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4184-3623-5583
Mewtwo will be put into the game upon release, so that non owners can fight against him. This is so likely I'm stating it as fact.

Spirst

So do you reckon people with Mewtwo will be able to play against people who don't?
Yes. The game will be patched for everyone which makes all the necessary data available. From there, the people that have him can use him and the people who don't can't use him but can still play against him.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
So...anybody want to speculate on Mewtwo's 8 palette swaps/potential alt. costumes?
Im betting we will see the armour from his first movie. This game is full of fan service. Mewtwo itself is fan service so I don't think its too much to expect they would go that extra step. Its also the only logical alt.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Honestly, I don't even mind Mewtwo being DLC since 2 months ago of speculation that most fellow Mewtwo fans would of came to that realization of happening. So again, I really don't give a fest if he's DLC. .

I was sold on buying Smash for WiiU, only showing 5 out of the 50+ facts they showed off. . ONLY 5. Do you know how much more sold & acted out, literally throwing our wallets at our screens when Mewtwo was shown pixelated starting form the ground?!

I rest our case. We are all buying Mewtwo on 3DS or WiiU & that's that.

Oh & for palettes, my past speculation hasn't changed. We all want a Pink palette for Mew origin, Green for Shiny, the Armored one as the 8th "bonus" palette, & that's really all I care about for now.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Also, them showing off that Mega Mewtwo duo trophy, it promotes the idea that Mewtwo just may have something special exclusive only for him & him alone down the road. Two Final Smash forms that you can choose from, being MMX or MMY. . .PLEASE!

If we're waiting until Spring 2015, then, I'm ready for whatever re-vamping they will do to Mewtwo. And once again, I feel really great that I speculated about Custom Specials for Mewtwo. I felt like it wasn't gone to waste.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Alternatively, the Final Smash trophies are made with a much higher quality and usually depict more of a scene, so the Megas aren't off the table. I'm excited to see how his moveset has evolved since Melee.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Also, them showing off that Mega Mewtwo duo trophy, it promotes the idea that Mewtwo just may have something special exclusive only for him & him alone down the road. Two Final Smash forms that you can choose from, being MMX or MMY. . .PLEASE!
It wouldn't be hard to implement such control schemes. RB+B for MMY and LB+B for MMX. I mean, why not? It would be awesome if that was actually his FS trophy they teased..

Alternatively, the Final Smash trophies are made with a much higher quality and usually depict more of a scene, so the Megas aren't off the table. I'm excited to see how his moveset has evolved since Melee.
Agreed! The game has evolved so much since then. I CAN'T WAIT to see what they do with Mewtwo. Sakurai himself said the codes from Melee are too old and anything old has to be built from the ground up.. so logic says if Mewtwo is being built from the ground up, he's going to be an all new and improved Mewtwo!

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I honestly feel like those trophies were added/ported in before work or even the decision to add Mewtwo (or his current model) was even finalized.
That could be true as well. But let's not forget that Sakurai has been mauling the idea over since June 2013, maybe even before that. Though I do agree, you'd think non-mega Mewtwo would be in the trophy as well.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Just wanna say, I'm so glad Mewtwo is back. I screamed so hard that I lost my voice.

Then I got my voice back, and screamed some more.

I'm REALLY hoping he gets an armored alternate costume, but that's probably asking too much :D

The Gerbil

Smash Cadet
I just realized something pointless.

Mewtwo is the only genderless character playable in Smash. Characters like Robin and Wii fit Trainer can be one or the other, but Mewtwo is neither.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Mewtwo is the only genderless character playable in Smash. Characters like Robin and Wii fit Trainer can be one or the other, but Mewtwo is neither.
You forgot R.O.B.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

I don't think ROB has a gender.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Congratulations to the Mewtwo supporters. Afterall these years of asking Sakurai for his return, you finally achieved to let him strike back in Smash Bros. For once dedication gets rewarded ;)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
how many girls you know called rob
True. Although I'd love to meet a girl named Rob. Anyway, Mewtwo and ROB are two different categories.. Mewtwo is a genderless biological creature whereas ROB is.. a piece of furniture?

Yay for me since I have 3ds version and pre-ordered wiiu version!
I still have to buy a Wii U but I'm probably going to wait until black Friday.. glad he's not coming out until Spring! I've always said that the only way Nintendo will sucker me into buying a Wii U is if they included Mewtwo. Well, Nintendo, ya got me.

Last edited:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Just moving over my posts here:

YES! I AM SO GLAD FOR THIS! I freaked out! Jumping and screaming! Nergasm for minutes! Thank you so much Sakurai! Finally I can forgive you!

I think it's pretty crappy that they will charge for DLC in this game, especially characters. They should be free. But I don't care cause it's Mewtwo!

This is the best reaction to it:
I did pretty much the same thing.

I did record myself a little but I didn't record from the start. So wish I had done that!

Mewtwo will be my second or third main for sure. I've been struggling with finding a third main in the game. I'm always a Ness main (only Midna could potentially take his place), but second and third is always open. Kirby was my second main in Brawl and he is in Smash 4 too. It's possible for Mewtwo to take his place as second if he feels really good. But he's third for sure if not that. Had been going back and forth with Lucina/Mart and Charizard as a third. Thinking "if only Mewtwo was in I'd be certain who to pick".

The wait for him is so long uuugh! But it's good they're taking the time to work him out. He'll surely be better than in Melee.

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
WOO! Mewtwo confirmed!
Great to see the thread up!
Sooooo let's restart discussions, do you guys think when you get Mewtwo you will also get a stage e.g cerulean cave?

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
WOO! Mewtwo confirmed!
Great to see the thread up!
Sooooo let's restart discussions, do you guys think when you get Mewtwo you will also get a stage e.g cerulean cave?
I would LOVE for Mewtwo to be accompanied by a stage. It would make our victory that much sweeter. Cerulean cave based of Pokemon Origins would be nice but if they really want to deliver the fan service a Mewtwo's Factory map based off the first movie would be incredible. Although I doubt that would happen.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Totally looking forward to some :mewtwopm: vs. :4lucario: vs. :4greninja: "Who's drinking who's tears now?!" (But seriously I love that we can have all three of them. Thanks, Sakurai. I wanted this so much!)

I hope I never have to see "Oh, X Pokemon got in. Looks like :mewtwopm:'s disconfirmed." Ever. Again.

Wait a minute. This is the Wii U version; we can turn this **** up a notch.

:mewtwopm: :mewtwopm: vs. :4lucario: + :4lucario: vs. :4greninja: :4greninja:

Or...actually.... :mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm: vs. :4lucario::4lucario: and :4greninja::4greninja:

Wait, I think I like this one better. :mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm: vs. :4lucario::4greninja:

...Yeah.

But seriously, I'm really glad they're all together; the game felt incomplete without Mewtwo.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
I did not have the capacity to think anymore yesterday out of pure joy, but now that i have calmed down i'm thinking... "MEWTWO AMIIBO" :D This is a great year!

Steelia

Smash Champion
So do you reckon people with Mewtwo will be able to play against people who don't?
Oh, absolutely. If not, that would be a terrible decision by Sakurai/Nintendo. I mean, it would be a great way to show people who don't have him what he's capable of. Maybe there are people not wholly invested in the character who could fight against him online, and suddenly have a change of heart and want to buy/play as his him.

Besides, I'm pretty sure even MK8's DLC characters (and tracks) will be capable of being played online; should be no different here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom