• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wasn't there a trophy of both mega mewtwo's? Maybe both are his final smash
It could, but remember that Mewtwo had a trophy in the 3DS version, and it certainly mean anything. It didn't confirm or deconfirm him. I wouldn't look at trophies or a lack thereof as a way of predicting something unless there's exceptionally strong evidence there.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
It could, but remember that Mewtwo had a trophy in the 3DS version, and it certainly mean anything. It didn't confirm or deconfirm him. I wouldn't look at trophies or a lack thereof as a way of predicting something unless there's exceptionally strong evidence there.
During this stage of hype there isn't evidence for anything. All we can do this speculate and grab at straws.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
For a while, it seemed to deconfirm him.

And people turned to the lack of a Ridley trophy as a clue for his fate. I don't remember exactly what it said, but there was some "suspicious text" on KKR's trophy as well.

In Retrospect(huehuehue), it might mean something for him since it's known that the CEO of Retro followed the Twitter account for KKR in Smash.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
For a while, it seemed to deconfirm him.

And people turned to the lack of a Ridley trophy as a clue for his fate. I don't remember exactly what it said, but there was some "suspicious text" on KKR's trophy as well.

In Retrospect(huehuehue), it might mean something for him since it's known that the CEO of Retro followed the Twitter account for KKR in Smash.
This is all true. But, even if Mewtwo's trophy seemed to deconfirm him, it didn't, so trophies don't mean anything. I'll admit, Ridley's absence was suspicious, but ultimately, he came out as a Stage Boss rather than a playable character, despite lacking a trophy, so his trophy meant nothing either. King K. Rool's I can't speak for, and I would love to see the suspicious text if you can find it.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
This is all true. But, even if Mewtwo's trophy seemed to deconfirm him, it didn't, so trophies don't mean anything. I'll admit, Ridley's absence was suspicious, but ultimately, he came out as a Stage Boss rather than a playable character, despite lacking a trophy, so his trophy meant nothing either. King K. Rool's I can't speak for, and I would love to see the suspicious text if you can find it.
Isn't Dixie the more likely DK rep at this point...?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Cogratulations guys, I'm so happy for you.
I really hope Mewtwo comes with the Legendary Pokemon Theme from X/Y (if it's not already in the game).
That's one of the best song of those games IMO.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
What kind of F-tilt? As long as it can be tilted upwards & downwards, I'm all for it.:shades:

The 360 D-tilt sounds, very interesting because I don't see that often, at all. Doesn't sound possible considering every D-tilt I've ever known & used doesn't do 360 degrees hitting both sides like that. Though characters have introduced game-changing elements before, so I will keep that in mind.:shades:

And finally I'm okay with tail attacks, but I feel B-air will get changed up slightly. Like it won't be a "wag", but more like a tail-sweeping attack sideways from behind Mewtwo. I'd like U-tilt to stay, but maybe a different animation visual or something maybe.

Lucario's Aura mechanic won't let you get hurt. His Aura Sphere is the successor of Shadow Ball, who needs Shadow Ball anymore.
:troll::salt:
A new ftilt could just be a small psychic blast or they could get creative.I want a two sided stilt and one sided really strong dsmash for some uniquenes.Bair was such a great edguarder and the longer tail sounds like it could be better!One more thing:Should teleport gain a hitbox if so start or end or both like shieks.I vote both if not then at the end.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Idk what mewtwos final smash could be , but all I know is I want to control his mega. I don't want a trapping or directional fs.

(I prefer my mega Y)

Last edited:

pokeman2223

Smash Cadet
wow just wow i was on a holiday/vacation then i get home MEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWO YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS i may even main him over falco and as you can see i main falco in almost every smash game

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
A new ftilt could just be a small psychic blast or they could get creative.I want a two sided stilt and one sided really strong dsmash for some uniquenes.Bair was such a great edguarder and the longer tail sounds like it could be better!One more thing:Should teleport gain a hitbox if so start or end or both like shieks.I vote both if not then at the end.
I don't think Mewtwo's Teleport should have hitboxes at the beginning and end. Rather, he should be able to act out it with anything except an air-dodge and and another Teleport, like in Project M. I would love have a Custom Special that does that, but removes his ability to act out of it, though. There's a lot of directions you can go in with a Teleport that damages. I even included one that damages in the middle of Teleport, as well, among other things, in my Mewtwo Custom Moveset! See: Burst Teleport.
Up-B Custom 2-Burst Teleport- Mewtwo takes a second to briefly pause in midair. This slows his fall drastically. He then rushes forward in the direction of your choice and vanishes in a small bright explosion. He then reappears a short distance later in a small bright explosion. Mewtwo flies foward a tiny ways and then drastically decreases aerial mometum before entering helpless. Anybody hit by the bright explosions takes considerable damage and knockback. Anybody in Mewtwo's path while he is teleporting takes a small amount of damage and knockback. If Mewtwo reappears on the ground then all momentum is transferred into moving forward instead of being cancelled. This acts almost like wavedash from Melee. The end of the slide along the ground has rather low ending lag so Mewtwo can act out if it quite quickly. Anybody hit by Mewtwo as he is sliding along the ground takes very small damage and very small knockback. This Teleport cannot go through soft platforms and does not remain stationary if you Teleport straight down. Instead momentum is transferred into moving forward.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Act out of teleport all of yeses!I do want something like shieks though like hitboxes but shorter distance custom.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Interesting. I can see something creative for F-tilt like a dark pulse of purple psychic blast like you mentioned, just needs to be Spring 2015 already! For the two-sided D-tilt, it could be the same animation as his D-tilt, just adding a hit-box behind him as he's finish spinning going back to Neutral position. And for the D-smash, it's, a cool concept, but, I still need a two-sided D-smash if D-tilt won't be two-sided because the chances of a D-tilt being 360, is much less than his D-smash remaining the same I think.

Finally for Teleport, it's dependent on what they'll do with it. Personally I don't think they should give it a hit-box for his Default Teleport, & have his Custom Specials add that hit-box property to one of them or both if they want. But I don't want Mewtwo to be in fallspecial state after he uses it, that was just bothersome, the move did no damage, why would you be helplessly falling for doing no damage? Melee didn't make sense sometimes.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
In regards to Teleport I personally just want to see how it'll differ from Palutena's Warp.

For less distance, make it easier to act out of, or not being helpless afterwards. I'd prefer the former, as it'd help ground game more plus Mewtwo has a pretty cool helpless animation.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Stilt and dsmash one or the other should be two sided.Ugh I am getting bored if M2 speculation as I did it for years when this was announced.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Mewtwo's helpless fall state did look badass of him to cross his arms & await to land, so I prefer your former suggestion as well ---. And I'm almost tired of it too JadeRock, It's been too long. . .10+ years of waiting for this. Luckily I didn't speculate all that much for Mewtwo until I used to regularly visit this Thread & discuss speculation.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Brawl was announced in 2006 summer(E3) and this was announced in 2011 and we do not get Mewtwo til mid 2015...Mewtwo stop being low priority already dammit!

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
I really hope Mewtwo is released on February the 6th despite it not being Spring quite yet as that is Mewtwo's technical Birthday in the games.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I really hope Mewtwo is released on February the 6th despite it not being Spring quite yet as that is Mewtwo's technical Birthday in the games.
At least a lick of news about him would be decently great.

I won't expect my hopes to be that high for Feb. 6, LIQUID & others including myself used to make up arbritary theories for Mewtwo coming before Sm4sh was released. xD

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I wonder where Mewtwo will be placed in the roster: alongside the Pokemon reps. or in between the Mii Fighters and Random icon as the "DLC characters" category.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I wonder where Mewtwo will be placed in the roster: alongside the Pokemon reps. or in between the Mii Fighters and Random icon as the "DLC characters" category.
He should be front row as the very first slot infront of Mario, with a DLC signifying border. Mewtwo deserves that.:shades:

Now back to reality, I think they could make room to put him in the Pokemon series area within the row. Those other slots can move aside & make room for this VIP Pokemon.:shades:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Probably on a separate page. Which likely means we'll have plenty of DLC characters to look forward to...

D

Deleted member

Probably on a separate page. Which likely means we'll have plenty of DLC characters to look forward to...
I just have a question that spooks me out... If plenty of DLC characters like Issac and Ridley for example do come to smash, Will you guys still care about Mewtwo?

I know it sounds dumb but i have seen plenty of people say that Mewtwo's sole purpose is: "Mewtwo opened the portal for DLC"
which isn't wrong in all but hopefully you know the reasoning behind such a question now.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I just have a question that spooks me out... If plenty of DLC characters like Issac and Ridley for example do come to smash, Will you guys still care about Mewtwo?

I know it sounds dumb but i have seen plenty of people say that Mewtwo's sole purpose is: "Mewtwo opened the portal for DLC"
which isn't wrong in all but hopefully you know the reasoning behind such a question now.
I've cared about Mewtwo since I was 8 years old. You can have more than one favorite character in Smash, you know. I'm a fervent supporter of Wolf as well, Mewtwo and Wolf make up my username (Psycho, for Psycho Cut). I'm also fond of Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, Lucina, and plenty of others. Ridley or King K. Rool or whoever can show up, and that would be great, but I'm not going to use Mewtwo less because they're there. I already have way too many mains for this game anyway. If Wolf does come back, I'll have a real dilemma.

The Gerbil

Smash Cadet

The novelty of M2 will wear off for sure for many. But there are plenty of people around the world who have wanted him back for years.

I mean, I recognize a lot of posters in this thread 2 years back. They didn't suddenly stop supporting or caring about M2 if another one of their favorite chatacters were confirmed before release.

Sure many are excited for M2 only because he's opened the portal for DLC. But I do not seee how this is a bad thing. The same thing happened with Robin when his reveal killed the Gematsu leak. Non FE fans were enthusiastic over that.

You asked a question that I felt was important, which is why I had to give an in_depth response. The most wanted character's return is not a flavor of the month.

Last edited:

Spirst

I'll definitely still care about Mewtwo since, aside from Snake, he was the one character I've been hoping would be back. Not to mention he's been 1 of my top 3 favorite Pokemon ever since I was kid. I know there are people who see his inclusion as an opportunity for other characters, and that's fine. I think that whole opportunity is great as well but ultimately, even if other characters were added, I'd still care about Mewtwo plenty.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Yes. I wanted Mewtwo because I legit like him. Pokemon is one of my favorite series, but I don't like any of the Pokemon that have been in SSB, other than Mewtwo. Now I can finally play as my favorite legendary.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This is late because I was busy with mid-terms, finishing Splinter Cell: Conviction, and playing Saints Row 2, but HA! CALLED IT! THERE WILL BE DLC IN THIS DAY AND AGE!

Anyway, now that I'm done boosting my e-ego, I like that Mewtwo looks a bit more muscular than in Melee. Mewtwo is coming back, with a vengeance, and training from Wii Fit Trainer. :p

Y'know, with Final Smashes, I just wondered if Mewtwo can have 2 instead of one. If you hold B instead of tapping it, you'll use the other Mega Evolution - assuming that a Mega Evolution is Mewtwo's Final Smash. So, Mewtwo X will be more Smash, combo, and more durable while Mewtwo Y has stronger Specials, throws, and is faster.

The other thing is that Mega Lucario, Super Dragon Yoshi and Mega Charizard X are easy to develop or make since they only have minor differences compared to Mega Charizard Y who becomes leaner, has a different set of wings, tail, arms, and different horns while Mega Charizard X is basically a black and blue Charizard with ripped wings, horned shoulders, and blue flames. Mega Charizard Y would need a much more different model. Mega Lucario is basically Lucario with more bling and Super Dragon Yoshi is, well, Yoshi with wings.

If Mewtwo was planned in the beginning and not as DLC, then I'd expect Mega Mewtwo X who is just Mewtwo on steroids. Mewtwo Y would, like Mega Charizard Y, require a heavily modified model.

With DLC, the team can take their sweet time. Hell, if they wanted, Mewtwo could have been the only DLC character that they took months to make rather than a consideration turned into a realized character - this is not saying Mewtwo will be a cash grab. The former would have been like Saints Row IV's Dominatrix DLC or Gat Out of Hell that had a ton of stuff and could have acted as standalone games - I think only Gat Out of Hell is standalone. The latter would be like Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition that made Vergil playable or DmC: Devil May Cry's Vergil's Downfall. They were more like requests since people thought Vergil was awesome in DMC3 and people wanted to see a playable version of Vergil in DmC and to some: DmC Vergil's combat was more satisfying and hectic compared to the main game with DmC Dante.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Yes. I wanted Mewtwo because I legit like him. Pokemon is one of my favorite series, but I don't like any of the Pokemon that have been in SSB, other than Mewtwo. Now I can finally play as my favorite legendary.
I love that this guy is finally satisfied. Now you should change that MegaMan portrait to something with a little more...ehh...enthusiasm?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I won't ever stop caring for Mewtwo, ever. Not even Snake will make me drop him should he return.

D

Deleted member

Thank you guys! it's nice to know that there will always be people to care about

But on a side note... Mewtwo didn't open the portal for DLC...

The Miiverse Stage did...

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Mewtwo coming back will not where off me for a looooooong time.I have been on this thread for over a year now and this thread was one of the best reads ever for me!And it still has more to come.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Thank you guys! it's nice to know that there will always be people to care about

But on a side note... Mewtwo didn't open the portal for DLC...

The Miiverse Stage did...
He opened the portal to DLC characters. We already knew about DLC stages because of the data found in the 3DS version of the game.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041

Ive only ever played Mewtwo and when I couldn't I played Pit. I honestly couldnt care at all about any other characters. I have my Mewtwo back. I dont care about anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom