• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
You mean...Mewtwo alone isn't enough...?
I'm ludicrously hyped to have Mewtwo. He was third on my most wanted list. But the korpulent krocodile king was one place above him, with the supah fightan robot at the number one spot.

I'm not unimpressed with the roster. Mewtwo, Mega Man, Jr/Koopalings, Mac, Villager, Duck Hunt, and Pac-Man are all good additions. I want K. Rool so badly because he is all that's needed to make me not have a single complaint. (Other than nitpicky stuff, like Lucas/Wolf being gone, and more than a few newcomers I dislike).

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I just have a question that spooks me out... If plenty of DLC characters like Issac and Ridley for example do come to smash, Will you guys still care about Mewtwo?

I know it sounds dumb but i have seen plenty of people say that Mewtwo's sole purpose is: "Mewtwo opened the portal for DLC"
which isn't wrong in all but hopefully you know the reasoning behind such a question now.
Yeah most of the people on this forum are here for Mewtwo, not because Mewtwo is "the new DLC character". I am for sure a Mewtwo main, no matter how good or bad he is in the game.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Besides greninja, I never wanted a Pokemon character in smash 4 as badly as mewtwo. I played melee when I was young and it has stuck close to my heart. All I ever mained was mewtwo. I'll for sure stick with him till the next smash

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
So is the Mewtwo model that was in the direct the official art? Like once he's on the official website will it be the same?

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
So is the Mewtwo model that was in the direct the official art? Like once he's on the official website will it be the same?
It will most likely be the trophy art we've seen from him in game if you we're to ask me.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
King K. Rool has a shot...but it isn't nearly as high as the shot Mewtwo had...
There's always a chance...its just that Dixie seems to be the next in line.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Didn't know you could see the future. Can I have the lottery numbers?
Man no one here has any sense of humor or a sense of reality. I mean how can you not be aware how unlikely it is? He is after all a villain who was only around for about 5 years

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
King K. Rool has a shot...but it isn't nearly as high as the shot Mewtwo had...
There's always a chance...its just that Dixie seems to be the next in line.
I agree that Rool's chances aren't as good as Mewtwo's were. But at this point, he's more or less the only S tier popularity character not in yet.

Where do you get the idea that Dixie is next? I support her too, but her being 'expected' reminds me of the whole Chrom thing.

Man no one here has any sense of humor or a sense of reality. I mean how can you not be aware how unlikely it is? He is after all a villain who was only around for about 5 years
>5 years
>First appeared in 1994
>Last appeared in 2008
Okay.

Either way this is not the place for DK discussion. I'll gladly discuss it further with both of you if you shoot me a PM or something, but let's get back to discussing everyone's favorite psychic cat fetus alien thing.

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I was afraid Mewtwo's exclusion from SSB4 was the death knell for his second wave of promotion, but with this turn of events I know now that it is not yet over. I fully expect Mewtwo to be in Pokken Tournament as a boss at the very least, and perhaps as a playable character. There's a fair chance there will be another movie that acknowledges both Mewtwos. There's one for each mega form, after all.

Now what I'd really like is a non-canon action spinoff game in which you play as Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I was afraid Mewtwo's exclusion from SSB4 was the death knell for his second wave of promotion.

But with this change I know now that it is not yet over. I fully expect Mewtwo to be in Pokken Tournament as a boss at the very least, and perhaps as a playable character. There's a fair chance there will be another movie that acknowledges both Mewtwos. There's one for each mega form, after all.
Since Pokken seems to be based more around physical fighting, I wonder if we'll see Mewtwo X.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Please don't argue about K Rool here. There is a place for that. This is where we discuss our glorious Mewtwo.

Anyway, I hope they take a lot of inspiration from Project M Mewtwo if they plan to keep him the same. Hopefully we get something more soon. That tease wasn't enough. I need more Mewtwo.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
No worries, I'm loving the reactions to Mewtwo's confirmation. Totally makes up for all the disappointment of his absence.

...you know, part of me kinda feels bad for Lucario and Greninja...
The other part of me is laughing at how they're going to be the neglected and laughed upon once Mewtwo arrives. :3

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Funny how the roster instantly becomes the best one yet with Mewtwo now. 9/10. My only complaints are DP and no Snake.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
The other part of me is laughing at how they're going to be the neglected and laughed upon once Mewtwo arrives. :3
But Speed, you're not Shinobu Sensui?:upsidedown: How many parts of you are there?

Anyhow, I won't neglect my SSBBrawl Primary character other than PT, Lucario. He has the Aura.:shades: I will play them both equally however.

EDIT: Though I'm dying to know Mewtwo's Custom Specials. . .!!!

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Do I have to follow you around all day?

Really though, it being a Social =/= that kind of "humor" or 'sense of reality' crap is okay. You can have whatever opinion you want on it, that's fine. Let others dream/hope, and whoever is right in the end (most of us here being on the "right" side as of Mewtwo), don't be an *** about it.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Not by everyone. Mewtwo has his fair share of haters, as I'm sure you know.
Ugh, the haters, don't even get me started on those.

I actually had to deal with one recently. This guy made a stamp on deviantART with a big red block sign on it, and ranted on about how he hated Mewtwo so much, that he was a cheap 'knock-off' of Mew (makes complete sense that the son of Mew is a knock off of her) and also that he was overrated/overpowered to hell.

B**** please dude.

I later learned that he carried on this way because of the fact that he kept getting his butt kicked by Mewtwo on the games, even his strongest team. Yet he contradicted himself entirely in that he HAD a Mewtwo on his game. Pft.

Another one fully swore his head off at me about Mewtwo coming back, telling me I was an idiot and that Mewtwo would never return. Another one actually apologized to me and said I was right. Sweet sweet victory.

I've seen my fair share of idiots around the place. They're not hard to find XD

As somebody that's wanted Mewtwo back for years and years, and a hardcore fan, he is essentially the only reason I'd get back into playing Smash again.

Ha ha, just found this

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
As somebody that's wanted Mewtwo back for years and years, and a hardcore fan, he is essentially the only reason I'd get back into playing Smash again.
I really got into Smash again because of Mewtwo coming to Project M. I do love Smash 4 but it did feel kind of empty with the roster the way it was. None of the popular characters made it in and the roster just felt incomplete (don't get me wrong the roster is incredible, every character is awesome even the clones). Now with Mewtwo this game will become so much better. Im so looking forward to destroying people online with him...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I really got into Smash again because of Mewtwo coming to Project M. I do love Smash 4 but it did feel kind of empty with the roster the way it was. None of the popular characters made it in and the roster just felt incomplete (don't get me wrong the roster is incredible, every character is awesome even the clones). Now with Mewtwo this game will become so much better. Im so looking forward to destroying people online with him...
Personally, I have to disagree with no popular characters making it in. We got Mega Man, Shulk, Little Mac and some others thats popularity was probably as equal as their unpopularity. I think, however, Smash 4 had a lot more 'out there' and unexpected characters than past games. I think while that started off good, it eventually evolved into the feeling of being ignored and the idea that Sakurai was trying too much to give players characters they didn't know they wanted, instead of also including characters they knew they wanted.

Spirst

One of my biggest joys when I think about Smash now is thinking about something like playing as Mewtwo in Great Cave Offensive during 8 player smash. It seems so unreal.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Yes, I loved PM as well. He's wonderful in that game, and I play that far more than Melee nowadays. I guess it just doesn't feel the same to me though considering it's just a fan mod. Mewtwo coming back into Smash 4 has replenished my joy entirely. I was pretty down not hearing anything and not knowing if he'd be back. I can't wait to see him again!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
One of my biggest joys when I think about Smash now is thinking about something like playing as Mewtwo in Great Cave Offensive during 8 player smash. It seems so unreal.
What's better than Mewtwo in Smash?
8 of them at once in Smash :b:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
BTW - Hey mods, I like the new title of the thread!

Huh, you know something funny I just realized: Mewtwo now stands more upright.
That's why it wouldn't surprise me if he acted like his Origins depiction. As I mentioned before I'd rather see a more seemingly omnipotent Mewtwo in regards to his movement and attacks but to be practical, the Origins Mewtwo makes a lot of sense. But I'm still hoping and telepathically suggesting to Sakurai and his devs to use movie one Mewtwo.

What's better than Mewtwo in Smash?
8 of them at once in Smash :b:
HELL F***ING YES! FIRST VIDEO I'M GONNA MAKE WHEN I GET MEWTWO!! I just need to find other Smash players around my age in the area..

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I'd much rather get Movie 1 Mewtwo. Origins Mewtwo got owned WAY too easy by MegaZard X. I mean, Zard is awesome, but still.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I'd much rather get Movie 1 Mewtwo. Origins Mewtwo got owned WAY too easy by MegaZard X. I mean, Zard is awesome, but still.
100000% agree. But in this case, I'm afraid Sakurai might look at movie one Mewtwo as "too badass". After being cut from Brawl though, he has EVERY right to be. OP? Who cares :) But I guess that won't be too fun after awhile.. it would be 1 vs 7 on Mewtwo all the time with a 50% chance of winning. How awesome would that be?

But in reality, it'll probably be a hybrid of movie one Mewtwo, Origins Mewtwo and Melee Mewtwo.

PS, Is there a reason why I can't choose Mewtwo as a "Smash 3DS/Wii U Main" in my profile yet? My nerdy side is itching for it to be put on there :p

Last edited:

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
[quote="ORVO5]
PS, Is there a reason why I can't choose Mewtwo as a "Smash 3DS/Wii U Main" in my profile yet? My nerdy side is itching for it to be put on there :p[/quote]

THIS.

D

Deleted member

Ive only ever played Mewtwo and when I couldn't I played Pit. I honestly couldnt care at all about any other characters. I have my Mewtwo back. I dont care about anyone else.
I can relate to that actually, it's good to know we have something in common.

On my signature i have a bunch of secondary characters, (primarily Mario and Game&Watch) but i only use them if i am winning too much (which doesn't happen in high-level competitive play.)

And my Smash 4 list, (just Mario, Game&Watch as a couple of others) are just there to hold me over but even then i put Mewtwo as my main for both of the two games.

As mentioned on another thread.
"So there is this dish you are cooking, (Characters) so at first you get one topping, some seasoning, the sauce, the added flavor, the accessories, however, there is one thing missing from this... The base item on which this is to go onto (Mewtwo). so instead you just decide to clump all of the toppings together with super glue (clones), and call it a day.

However, neither the toppings, nor the base item are any good separated, so when you try to accommodate for this by adding in super glue it becomes a mess. The point being that all of the Smash content and characters are of little value but they together lead up to what will make the entire game good alone... Mewtwo.

That's why without the Mewtwo DLC, smash 4's roster sucks to no end.
And Mewtwo is the only character who can solidify the game which is why we don't need excess (other DLC)"

Since Pokken seems to be based more around physical fighting, I wonder if we'll see Mewtwo X.
Hopefully. Dat roundhouse kick though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom