• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Hey guys!

ALL OF A SUDDEN MEWTWO SMASH EVOLUTION POST!

2001 - Melee Mewtwo

-Large head
-Smaller feet
-Has small fingers
-Resembles Mewtwo from Gen 1-3

2008 - "Brawl" Mewtwo

-Pretty "meh" quality
-Bigger nodes on feet, smaller head in proportion to body.
-Although hands pretty much just have fingers and no nodes. Weird.
-Somewhat resembles Gen 4/5 Mewtwo (which makes sense considering the time):

2013 (with 3.0 update) - P:M Mewtwo

-Considering how this is Project Melee, it makes complete since that this resembles Melee Mewtwo.
-In turn, this Mewtwo also resembles Gen 1-3 Mewtwo, so not much new here besides HD.
-There are some small differences, like bigger nodes on its fingers.

2014 - Smash 3 Mod Mewtwo

-Smaller head in proportion to body
-Bigger nodes on hands; feet have complete circle nodes instead of semicircular ones
-Larger iris in proportion to eye.
-I swear those thighs are huge ingame

-Somewhat resembles anime Mewtwo (mainly Origins), more so than Sm4sh Mewtwo, IMO.

2014/2015 - CONFIRMT SM4SH MEWTWO
LAUGHS PSYCHOKINETICALLY AT PETTY NONBELIEVERS!
View attachment 28403
-Image edit courtesy of me. (Appears in the desktop wallpaper I shared earlier.)
-Smaller thighs in proportion to everything.
-More upright.
-Prominent nodes, moreso than Smash 3 version.
-DID I MENTION THAT IT'S CONFIRMT!?!
-Best resembles Gen 6 Mewtwo (which again makes sense given the time):

Hope you enjoyed this random dosage of information. :3
Great great great list! Yeah Gen 6 Mewtwo looks like the inspiration, and I'm glad. I really just can't wait to see how he plays!!!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hello, fellow Mewtwo fans! I have returned from Scrappy Cruddy Hell Of Ominous Learning (Called "S.C.H.O.O.L.," in some regions, from what I understand).
And, I have returned with a question I thought of in Waste of Time Gym!

What do you think Mewtwo's homestage will be, if you even think he will have one at all? And, if you think he will have a homestage, what tracks do you think will play on it, and what stage hazards do you want it to have?

I'm personally hoping for Unknown/Cerulean Cave, but under the name Mewtwo's Cave, because that sounds cooler. I'd want stage hazards like stalactites falling onto stage, and boulders and waves coming from the background (I'd add a pool of water for dramatic purposes; just trust me). I'll post a (poorly) drawn mock-up later on, including spawn points and stuff.
As far as tracks go, this, this, and something like this. There are various other themes, like the XY "Vs. Gym Leader" and "Vs. Elite Four," that I absolutely love, but since they aren't directly related to Mewtwo, I didn't include them.

I've got way too much time on my hands in Gym...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Hello, fellow Mewtwo fans! I have returned from Scrappy Cruddy Hell Of Ominous Learning (Called "S.C.H.O.O.L.," in some regions, from what I understand).

What do you think Mewtwo's homestage will be, if you even think he will have one at all? And, if you think he will have a homestage, what tracks do you think will play on it, and what stage hazards do you want it to have?

I'm personally hoping for Unknown/Cerulean Cave, but under the name Mewtwo's Cave, because that sounds cooler. I'd want stage hazards like stalactites falling onto stage, and boulders and waves coming from the background (I'd add a pool of water for dramatic purposes; just trust me). I'll post a (poorly) drawn mock-up later on, including spawn points and stuff.
As far as tracks go, this, this, and something like this. There are various other themes, like the XY "Vs. Gym Leader" and "Vs. Elite Four," that I absolutely love, but since they aren't directly related to Mewtwo, I didn't include them.

His "homestage" will most likely be either Unova Pokemon League or Prism Tower on 3DS and Kalos League on Wii U...unless Mewtwo comes in a pack with a stage. Then I'd be all for Unknown Dungeon. Victory theme will most likely be the same as the other Pokemon, and I don't think characters individually have their own theme on stages...except Dark Pit. I might be forgetting others.

If he does get his own theme, I prefer the classic Kanto Wild Pokemon Battle theme that usually accompanies him in the main series. In FireRed, there were some minor differences from a regular wild battle, but it's basically the same song. It could be remixed to sound a little more legendary. I'd also like the Rival Champion Battle from Kanto/Pokemon World Championship theme in the game, but it wouldn't be Mewtwo's theme.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
...ok, no. Then he might get banned.
Plus...everyone will use him and he'll feel less unique to play. I'd rather him require a LOT of skill to use like in Melee then be top tier OP. >.>
While I'm hyped for Mewtwo, I certainly hope that he isn't OP. After all, that's what killed my use of MK in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys!

ALL OF A SUDDEN MEWTWO SMASH EVOLUTION POST!

2001 - Melee Mewtwo

-Large head
-Smaller feet
-Has small fingers
-Resembles Mewtwo from Gen 1-3

2008 - "Brawl" Mewtwo

-Pretty "meh" quality
-Bigger nodes on feet, smaller head in proportion to body.
-Although hands pretty much just have fingers and no nodes. Weird.
-Somewhat resembles Gen 4/5 Mewtwo (which makes sense considering the time):

2013 (with 3.0 update) - P:M Mewtwo

-Considering how this is Project Melee, it makes complete since that this resembles Melee Mewtwo.
-In turn, this Mewtwo also resembles Gen 1-3 Mewtwo, so not much new here besides HD.
-There are some small differences, like bigger nodes on its fingers.

2014 - Smash 3 Mod Mewtwo

-Smaller head in proportion to body
-Bigger nodes on hands; feet have complete circle nodes instead of semicircular ones
-Larger iris in proportion to eye.
-I swear those thighs are huge ingame

-Somewhat resembles anime Mewtwo (mainly Origins), more so than Sm4sh Mewtwo, IMO.

2014/2015 - CONFIRMT SM4SH MEWTWO
LAUGHS PSYCHOKINETICALLY AT PETTY NONBELIEVERS!
View attachment 28403
-Image edit courtesy of me. (Appears in the desktop wallpaper I shared earlier.)
-Smaller thighs in proportion to everything.
-More upright.
-Prominent nodes, moreso than Smash 3 version.
-DID I MENTION THAT IT'S CONFIRMT!?!
-Best resembles Gen 6 Mewtwo (which again makes sense given the time):

Hope you enjoyed this random dosage of information. :3
Actually, Smash 4 Mewtwo is a modified version of the Pokedex 3DS pro Mewtwo. (or perhaps not even a modification at all but rather... a model rip.)
=

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Actually, Smash 4 Mewtwo is a modified version of the Pokedex 3DS pro Mewtwo. (or perhaps not even a modification at all but rather... a model rip.)
=
I think the Pokedex 3DS model was used for the original trophy. This is a new model.

D

Deleted member

Actually...no.
Pokedex Pro's Mewtwo doesn't have the more profound snout that Melee and SSB4 Mewtwo has.
True, that's why i put that it's a modified version, however tbh, i think that that this Mewtwo might either be a mix of what appears to be 3DS Pro Mewtwo, XY Mewtwo, and possibly... D/P Mewtwo.

Or it could be a new model entirely.

Nonetheless though, it doesn't matter what model they used, i really like it and am glad that Mewtwo is back in the game.
:mewtwomelee::mewtwopm:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
=
Will also use this as a reference

Sm4sh Mewtwo vs This
-Ever-so-slightly darker tail.
-Slightly less angry expression
-Area around shoulders don't angle down into the start of the arm as much.
-Bigger nodes on hands
-Bigger toes that are closer together
-"Horns" almost look larger; can't really be sure due to perspective.

While this does resemble Gen 6 Mewtwo, they wouldn't do a straight model rip, especially for a quality game such as this.

There's also the 3DS model, which has different shading and quality than the Pokedex one, which was also on the 3DS. If they were to rip a model from this and put it anywhere, it'd be on the same platform, as the 3DS isn't even HD, let alone qHD.

Yes, all 3 of the models look similar -- they're supposed to, obviously -- but that's also because they're all modern day, Gen 5/6 3D Mewtwo models.

Either way, it doesn't really matter, as was said earlier, and I'm also glad that everyone's glad to just have Mewtwo back in the game :3

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
*Clears throat and put on best "Announcer impression"* Ladies and gentlemen, Mewtwo mains of all ages! I present to you, a whole hour-and-a-half in the making, Mewtwo's homestage, Mewtwo's Cave!
MEWTWO'S CAVE
Mewtwo's Cave.png

Tracks: Vs. Mewtwo (Pokémon Origins) [http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8G5HIJkkxU0]
Vs. Mewtwo (Pokémon Rumble) [http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DLMtiPVZoqQ]
Vs. Mewtwo (Pokémon Stadium) Remix [http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lzZTgDNx1EI]
Vs. Kalos Elite 4 [http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7r-M0isViaQ]
Vs. Kalos Gym Leader [http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JWpCQ-t6RLU]
Tables Turn (The Wonderful 101) [http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_moHXjH7pc]

Red Circle-Spawn 1
Blue Circle-Spawn 2
Orange Circle-Spawn 3
Green Circle-Spawn 4
Purple Platform-Respawn
Before anyone says anything: Yes, I based the layout on Zebes from SSB64. I just really like that layout.
This stage takes place in Unknown Dungeon, with a night background outside. It has one main platform that is flat, and two platforms, one long, one short, elevated above the main platform, both tilted at an angle. Finally, there is a long platform elevated even higher, this one also tilted at slight angle. It has a large pool of water inside.
Hazards: Boulders: Occasionally, boulders from the background will be flung into the foreground. Anybody hit by one takes a small amount of damage and small knockback. Similar in function are
Stalactites: These nasty rocks will occasionally rain down from the ceiling and strike fighters. These do slightly less damage than boulders, but the knockback dealt is largely vertical.
Water Spouts: These periodically fly in from the background, and when they land they do no knockback. However, they do a little bit of damage, and they do damage rather fast. After a few seconds, these dissipate.

UNIQUE FEATURES: Floods: The water in the background occasionally floods, and the water level rises. This water rises up to a little ways below the stage ledge, and anybody who touches it is knocked up a little bit, but takes no damage. This temporarily eliminates bottom blast-line KO's. After a few minutes, the water recedes.
The Platform: The platform on the far right with green highlights. This will occasionally rise up from the bottom blast line, and then move in an up-down pattern at a slight angle. Then, a few minutes later, it descends back below the bottom blast-line.
For those having trouble distinguishing the actual platforms from the background, all platforms have a small black line on top, conveniently placed there by yours truly.

Edit: I apologize for the extremely weird way this came out. I've not the slightest idea how to fix, so I apologize.
Edit 2: Fixed!

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I hope February 6th will be when they release they release Mewtwo, for that is a very special day for the guy. And before anyone responds with "they said spring", they also said we'd get the 3ds version in Summer. Point is, they have a poor sense of time, so its possible they could release the DLC at an earlier time.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
*Clears throat and put on best "Announcer impression* Ladies and gentleman, Mewtwo mains of all ages! I present to you, a whole hour-and-a-half in the making, Mewtwo's homestage, Mewtwo's Cave!
Make sure all of the text that says "[(spoiler)]" and "[(/spoiler)]" is the default or the same color and size. You have differing font colors and sizes in your post. I'll fix and format for ya :p
Map
MEWTWO'S CAVE
View attachment 28428

Tracks
Key
Key: Red Circle-Spawn 1
Blue Circle-Spawn 2

Orange Circle-Spawn 3
Green Circle-Spawn 4
Purple Platform-Respawn
Before anyone says anything: Yes, I based the layout on Zebes from SSB64. I just really like that layout.
This stage takes place in Unknown Dungeon, with a night background outside. It has one main platform that is flat, and two platforms, one long, one short, elevated above the main platform, both tilted at an angle. Finally, there is a long platform elevated even higher, this one also tilted at slight angle. It has a large pool of water inside.
Hazards: Boulders: Occasionally, boulders from the background will be flung into the foreground. Anybody hit by one takes a small amount of damage and small knockback. Similar in function are
Stalactites: These nasty rocks will occasionally rain down from the ceiling and strike fighters. These do slightly less damage than boulders, but the knockback dealt is largely vertical.
Water Spouts: These periodically fly in from the background, and when they land they do no knockback. However, they do a little bit of damage, and they do damage rather fast. After a few seconds, these dissipate.

UNIQUE FEATURES: Floods: The water in the background occasionally floods, and the water level rises. This water rises up to a little ways below the stage ledge, and anybody who touches it is knocked up a little bit, but takes no damage. This temporarily eliminates bottom blast-line KO's. After a few minutes, the water recedes.
The Platform: The platform on the far left, with green platforms. This will occasionally rise up from the bottom blast line, and then move in an up-down pattern at a slight angle. Then, a few minutes later, it descends back below the bottom blast-line.
For those having trouble distinguishing the actual platforms from the background, all platforms have a small black line on top, conveniently placed there by yours truly.
Quote this post and paste it to your own if you want :3

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace

mewtwo stadium from pokemon stadium 1!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
OK! I fixed up my post! I removed the spoilers and reworked the tracks so that the links are below the title! It should be easier to read now!

Last edited:

pokeman2223

Smash Cadet
sorry for going off topic but if mewtwos dlc maybe other characters are too i will die off happiness if wolf link and midna got in
but thats not gonna happen

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
sorry for going off topic but if mewtwos dlc maybe other characters are too i will die off happiness if wolf link and midna got in
but thats not gonna happen
The point of Social threads is for everything that would be off topic anywhere else to be posted here instead.

Only obvious exceptions are anything breaking the rules (flaming/trolling/harassing/etc.)

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Y'know, I'm actually glad Mewtwo won't be released til 2015, I'm still saving up for a Wii U as it is, so this should work out so well for me!

It's just great to hear some positivity toward him after all the hate he's been receiving recently.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
So with Mewtwo being DLC do you reckon he will be able to be used in tournaments and such?
So long as the general public have access to the download, it shouldn't be a problem. It's possible they might not make him available to everyone at the start though, so it's possible mewtwo will be banned until he becomes accessible DLC.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how beautiful Mewtwo's new model looks?

Easily the best 3D realization of Mewtwo I've seen yet. The proportions all seem perfect.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how beautiful Mewtwo's new model looks?

Easily the best 3D realization of Mewtwo I've seen yet. The proportions all seem perfect.
Ive been non-stop appreciating it since Mewtwo was revealed. Dat thang looks fineeee

But seriously it is the best Mewtwo model I have ever seen.

YoshiplayerX

Smash Apprentice
We cant use Mewtwo in tournaments because you have to register your codes in the Nintendo club.
So every Smash Bros WiiU also needs Super Smash Bros 3ds.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Most of the tournament setups will probably already have him unlocked.

Remember, he's available for a price if you don't own both versions.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Most of the tournament setups will probably already have him unlocked.

Remember, he's available for a price if you don't own both versions.
While I do not doubt this in anyway it has not been confirmed at all that this is the case. We have only hints towards this being so. For all we know right now, he is only available for people who have both games.

Last edited:

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
While I do not doubt this in anyway it has not been confirmed at all that this is the case. We have only hints towards this being so. For all we know right now, he is only available for people who have both games.
I'll be very sad if this is the case. I'll pay the money for the DLC, Nintendo, just don't bleed me dry by making me buy 2 games

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Mewtwo will surely be available for who had just one version.
-Making a character is an hard work. I highly doubt that they will keep him just for a little group of people (when a lot of people would pay for him).
-They haven't stated that there is a promotional time for him, while they had for the soundtrack.
-They stated that he is free. If buying both version is the only way to get him, why state that he is free? Maybe there will be purchasable DLC for who only has both version? I doubt.
This reminds me of when Nintendo announced that Bayonetta will arrive on Wii U with Bayonetta 2. They have never stated that Bayonetta would have been sell on the e-shop, but it's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom