• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Is the prospect of dating Mewtwo really so disturbing? I think it'd just be one of those awkward dates, where you just kind of say uninteresting things to start a conversation that inevitably ends in a few seconds. Then when it doesn't go well, you go home and get drunk.

So more or less like most of my dates.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Is the prospect of dating Mewtwo really so disturbing? I think it'd just be one of those awkward dates, where you just kind of say uninteresting things to start a conversation that inevitably ends in a few seconds. Then when it doesn't go well, you go home and get drunk.
So more or less like most of my dates.
"So....you can create energy balls to attack others?"

"Ya...you work in a science lab?"

"Ya..."

"I was born in one."

"Oh...thats cool."

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
While I see the values one can see in dating someone that directly murdered more people than ganondorf and bowser combined for a really trivial reason, my heart is reserved for Wire Frame Female.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
You guys are hilarious. But let's face it, if Mewtwo wanted to date you, he would, knowing all your secrets even before your first date. If he didn't, he'd erase your mind after your first date.

In other news, I'm curious - is anyone here not in a rush to buy Smash Wii U because Mewtwo won't be there 'til Spring?

I'm personally trying to save up some money to get a Wii U, and I can technically get one by the time the game comes out (and hopefully there will be a Smash bundle), but I don't feel as rushed like I did with the 3DS (but to be fair, I already had the system.) I mean sure it'll be amazing and probably replace my Smash 3DS seeing it in full 1080p, but knowing my main won't be there? I feel like I can hold off. Especially for For Glory mode where I want to make sure each percentage I win/lose was with Mewtwo. I am really enjoying the prospect of Lucario being my second main though, so I might just end up ignoring a bill or two and get it when it comes out... decisions! What about you guys?

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Pre-ordered the Wii U version anyway. There's lots of things to do and still have plenty left over when Mewtwo arrives.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
You guys are hilarious. But let's face it, if Mewtwo wanted to date you, he would, knowing all your secrets even before your first date. If he didn't, he'd erase your mind after your first date.

In other news, I'm curious - is anyone here not in a rush to buy Smash Wii U because Mewtwo won't be there 'til Spring?

I'm personally trying to save up some money to get a Wii U, and I can technically get one by the time the game comes out (and hopefully there will be a Smash bundle), but I don't feel as rushed like I did with the 3DS (but to be fair, I already had the system.) I mean sure it'll be amazing and probably replace my Smash 3DS seeing it in full 1080p, but knowing my main won't be there? I feel like I can hold off. Especially for For Glory mode where I want to make sure each percentage I win/lose was with Mewtwo. I am really enjoying the prospect of Lucario being my second main though, so I might just end up ignoring a bill or two and get it when it comes out... decisions! What about you guys?

There's your reason why I knew I was getting it day 1 since June 11th 2013.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Also, while I've been thinking up some details on a character I'm working on, I figured this song would fit them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-peoHT-WqJo
Also, is it just me, or does this sound fitting to Mewtwo?

Again, I said female mewtwo would possibly be a yes, but if it was male mewtwo, no, I wouldn't even attempt, that'd just be weird (no offense meant to anyone who is gay, I apologize in advance if anyone was offended by that). Anyways, as for your other statement regarding release, I'm still hyped for the Wii U release. I have plenty of mains to learn among some other things to do before Mewtwo returns (for example, Xenoblade Chronicles)...besides, my main list is more of a WIP (only definites are Sonic, Meta Knight, Shulk, Lucina, Greninja, and Mewtwo when he/she arrives...saying both since we could get either one or both), so I've got enough to hold me by for a bit.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Okay guys, be totes honest with me here.

Would you date Mewtwo?
If it was male Mewtwo, absolutely not. Now, if it was female Mewtwo, then...

As a devout Nintendo fan, I'm heartbroken that I don't have the Nintendo 3DS version yet. It's a long story, but I hope to have my hands on a copy by the end of the month. It's gonna be so much fun...
So, looking at my reaction there, I would say I'm probably gonna seize the Wii U version the first chance I get:p. But, in any case it'll be fun to have the game and get a good feel for it before Mewtwo comes out.
Plus, being an owner of both the 3DS and the Wii U, it's pretty important to me that I purchase both versions within Mewtwo's promotional period. That way, I can get him for free:colorful:!

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
I am not sure if my contribution will bite me later, but according to the Pokémon-Amie Mewtwo likes to be petted on its weird hands and hates being petted on its head. Doesn't care if petted on its man t****

Last edited:

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334

I think it's a good thing that Mewtwo isn't coming out til Spring, because I pretty much have no money right now and therefore zero chance of getting a Wii U when Smash comes out. I think I'll have enough by Spring, though. I'd like to unlock everything I can as Mewtwo anyway.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
i walk in here and the first thing i read is about dating mewtwo..., Well.....

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Welp mewtwo here i come

I own a 3ds now and i have smash bros 3ds now.

Edit: oh crud i messed up i forgot to register code is in new codition not used

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Fun fact: I bought a Wii U a few hours before Mewtwo was revealed. Just got a paycheck, and decided it was high time to get a Wii U and Tropical Freeze. It's like it was meant to be.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Yes

As a matter of fact theres rumors that ROB is very close to top tier this time

And all of the other secondarys
Good choice. ROB's playstyle is very different from Mewtwo's, so you can handle Mewtwo's potentially unfavorable MUs better. And yeah, he does seem improved from his Brawl version.

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
I knew buying a Wii U with Mario Kart 8 + free Wind Waker HD would be a good investment xD

Soon... soon now...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wait a second....

OH NO!!!!

I forgot i needed a new condition not used that rarely happens of me forgetting.

EDIT: nevermind switched the used for a new condition and now I have the code ready just in case its by Nintendo club and not NNID

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

Time to spark some discussion!
It is revealed that Mewtwo is coming in a special DLC pack! Nintendo, in a unprecedented, surprising move, has announced that they have figured out a way to code in the Ice Climbers on the 3DS, and that the pack Mewtwo is coming in is called "The Clone Pack," as a nod to not only Mewtwo, but to Popo's and Nana's nature, as well.
But, wait!
A new mode is on the way! "Tag-Team Takedown!" In this mode, every character gains a clone that behaves similar to Nana does to Popo.
As yet another surprise, Nintendo reveals that, due to Mewtwo's immense popularity, the fans can vote on one Pokémon to be Mewtwo's tagalong! There are a few rules and guidlines.
1. The tagalong MUST be a Pokémon!
2. It can be ANY Pokémon EXCEPT another Mewtwo!
3. The tagalong MUST share Mewtwo's move's properties. (i.e. The tagalong may use Aura Sphere, but it will behave identically to Mewtwo's Shadow Ball). The only exceptions to this rule are size and power. A tagalong's move MAY ONLY BE SMALLER OR LESS POWERFUL THAN Mewtwo's move. No move may exceed Mewtwo's in size and power. This is put in place to prevent OP'd-ness.

And, to clarify a few "grey" areas:
1. The tagalong does not have to match Mewtwo's size, or even his hitboxes!
2. The Pokémon does not have to match Mewtwo's type.
3. Don't worry about the Pokémon's jump height: Mewtwo will take care of that with his psychic powers.

4. For the purposes of this argument, assume Mewtwo's Final Smash is changed to a team attack-style Final Smash during this mode, so as to allow his partner to attack.
I'm interested in what everyone has to say. I already have an idea of who I want, but I'll post it shortly later sometime, because I think this is more than enough for one post XD. Anyway...

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

It is revealed that Mewtwo is coming in a special DLC pack! Nintendo, in a unprecedented, surprising move, has announced that they have figured out a way to code in the Ice Climbers on the 3DS, and that the pack Mewtwo is coming in is called "The Clone Pack," as a nod to not only Mewtwo, but to Popo's and Nana's nature, as well.
But, wait!
A new mode is on they way! "Tag-Team Takedown!" In this mode, every character gains a clone that behaves similar to Nana does to Popo.
As yet another surprise, Nintendo reveals that, due to Mewtwo's immense popularity, the fans can vote on one Pokémon to be Mewtwo's tagalong! There are a few rules and guidlines.
3. The tagalong MUST share Mewtwo's move's properties. (i.e. The tagalong may use Aura Sphere, but it will behave identically to Mewtwo's Shadow Ball). The only exceptions to this rule are size and power. A tagalong's move MAY ONLY BE SMALLER OR LESS POWERFUL THAN Mewtwo's move. No move may exceed Mewtwo's in size and power. This is put in place to prevent OP'd-ness.

3. Don't worry about the Pokémon's jump height: Mewtwo will take care of that with his psychic powers.

4. For the purposes of this argument, assume Mewtwo's Final Smash is changed to a team attack-style Final Smash during this mode, so as to allow his partner to attack.
I'm interested in what everyone has to say. I already have an idea of who I want, but I'll post it shortly later sometime, because I think this is more than enough for one post XD. Anyway...
Zoroark.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

But, wait!
A new mode is on they way! "Tag-Team Takedown!" In this mode, every character gains a clone that behaves similar to Nana does to Popo.

I would choose togekiss, such an odd but beast choice imo.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Lucario if he isn't already in the match, or Mew.

If it's a "clone" pack, they should also put Snake in. If you played MGS, you know what I mean.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

But, wait!

Red Genesect.

Destinylegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Destinylegend
3DS FC
2122-6400-3417

But, wait!

I would pair him up with my only other favorite legendary, Latias. Though Latias would be a little strange since she flies a majority of the time, but I feel she would compliment Mewtwo really well for some reason. Though if that doesn't work, I guess Darkrai would be the next best one in my mind. Anyway, that's my thought on the matter.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I would pair him up with my only other favorite legendary, Latias. Though Latias would be a little strange since she flies a majority of the time, but I feel she would compliment Mewtwo really well for some reason. Though if that doesn't work, I guess Darkrai would be the next best one in my mind. Anyway, that's my thought on the matter.
Nah, don't worry about it. Latias is a fine choice. I actually kind of like her, too.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace

But, wait!
A new mode is on the way! "Tag-Team Takedown!" In this mode, every character gains a clone that behaves similar to Nana does to Popo.

mew. nuff said.
Okay guys, be totes honest with me here.

Would you date Mewtwo?
i done believe in incest, so no.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom