• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spatman

Smash Ace
For Smash 5, do y'all think Mewtwo will be on the roster still? For now on the way I see the Pokéroster for future games is like this:

Pikachu - Starter
Charizard - Starter
Jigglypuff - Unlockable
Lucario - Unlockable
Mewtwo - Unlockable
A New Pokémon - Unlockable
firstly let's see if there will be a Smash 5 :asd:

btw, I guess and hope yes

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
For Smash 5, do y'all think Mewtwo will be on the roster still? For now on the way I see the Pokéroster for future games is like this:

Pikachu - Starter
Charizard - Starter
Jigglypuff - Unlockable
Lucario - Unlockable
Mewtwo - Unlockable
There is no chance that they would ever exclude Mewtwo from a Smash game again.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo will also be DLC for Smash 5.

It was already confirmed in the direct.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Depending on how successful the Mewtwo DLC is (More than likely the highest selling DLC character of all time) it will probably be DLC in every future game.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618

Pikachu - Starter
Charizard - Starter
Jigglypuff - Unlockable
Lucario - Unlockable
Mewtwo - Unlockable
If lucario is of any indication, greninja will be back as well. Also this is honestly how I wanted the Pokemon roster in Sm4sh to be. All Pokemon being starter is thoroughly disappointing, to say the least.

Last edited:

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Mewtwo will also be DLC for Smash 5.

It was already confirmed in the direct.
Interesting. How was it confirmed again? Just curious so I can look into it myself. The hype for Mewtwo may have overwhelmed me at the time

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Oh! I've got a pic of Mew and Mewtwo interacting! It's quite the opposite of what you'd expect. I love this one!
I just love the quote! It captures Mewtwo very well.
Depending on how successful the Mewtwo DLC is (More than likely the highest selling DLC character of all time) it will probably be DLC in every future game.
I'd love to see this happen! It'd be really cool to have my favorite character be a bestseller AND be confirmed to be in every future Smash game! Maybe that'd mean Mewtwo would be a bestseller multiple times...:colorful:
I can also add it to my list of Nintendo records. I just love to whip stuff like this out when X-Box Fanboys are berating me.
Interesting. How was it confirmed again? Just curious so I can look into it myself. The hype for Mewtwo may have overwhelmed me at the time.
He's referring to Smash Wii U as Smash 5 because it technically is. He was just making a (clever) joke.

Last edited:

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
The Wii U version is Smash 5. Sakurai said so himself.

He's referring to Smash Wii U as Smash 5 because it technically is. He was just making a (clever) joke.
Oh okay makes sense, was confused for a moment. Has Sakurai written all over it. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Correct.
Also, did you guys hear? Smash 6 is actually a thing. There was this big "now hiring" phenomenon that involved making a new Smash game.
I heard something about this a few weeks ago. This is the article highlighting it http://nintendoeverything.com/bandai-namco-hiring-for-smash-bros-6-which-launches-next-year/ While they did run it through Google Translate which sucks as a real translation, obviously, I don't think that's the reason there isn't a smash 6. Smash 4 just released on the 3DS and isn't even out on the WiiU yet. Smash games have enormous gaps in between them because there's always so much new content in each iteration. Also, with the possibility of DLC, I think, if anything, this Smash 6 will probably just be a significant update.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Correct.
Also, did you guys hear? Smash 6 is actually a thing. There was this big "now hiring" phenomenon that involved making a new Smash game.
Either this is the greatest news since The Wonderful 101 was announced to *might* get a sequel, or your pulling off a Sakurai-level troll. I'm gonna go go do a source check, and I expect good results. Otherwise, you won't live to see Smash Wii U...:p

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

ENGAGING UNLIMITED HYPE!!
It's happening! Smash 6 is on the way!
I agree with @ Dru2 Dru2 . It's probably a MASSIVE update to Smash 4. I fully expect Wonder-Red and maybe an Inkling along with Mewtwo and several others. The new character possibilities are endless. Wolf and Lucas are a given. Snake and the Ice Climbers are possibilities. Maybe Snake will be 3DS exclusive and the Ice Climbers Wii U exclusive? I'd totally be down with that deal! New stages and possibly items are almost guaranteed! Perhaps this is the Spring 2015 update? I doubt it but it's still a very small chance.
Please excuse my hype. I need to go compose myself somewhere... BRB in a few minutes.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
WowwowowowowWHAT?! They are making a new Smash Game just next year?

That small development time is just sickening!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
WowwowowowowWHAT?! They are making a new Smash Game just next year?

That small development time is just sickening!
Well, I mean, keep in mind that they used Google Translate, which basically sucks at actual translations, and also keep in mind the DLC. It's more likely that it's a huge update, compared to a brand new game.
Of course, what you're saying 100% plausible at this point, it's just that it seems unlikely they would release a brand-new Smash, since nothing even remotely similar has been done like that before. Granted, neither has DLC.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Spirst

I doubt it'd be new Smash game that soon in development. Smash has always been a once-per-console thing and a Wii U successor isn't even heard of yet as the Wii U itself still has more to give. 64 to Melee was two years while Melee to Brawl and Brawl to Smash 3DS/Wii U is seven years and six years respectively. Given the breadth of content in these games, I doubt we'll hear anything about another Smash game until at least 3 years have passed (which is how long it took for Smash 4 to be announced). What with the possibilities offered by patches and DLC, this game could have an even longer lifespan and will definitely take up more development time.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm gonna guess "Smash 6" refers to just adding new modes/DLC stages and characters.

They'll probably be supporting Smash for some time, knowing them.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hey, I don't know what this means for this whole "Smash 6" thing, but considering there's a Nintendo Direct presentation tomorrow, I think I might keep an eye out for anything special. Maybe "Smash 6'll" have new modes. I'd dig that!
As for the direct, I'm personally hoping for more info on Splatoon, Mario Maker, or Mario Kart 8's DLC/amiibo, but some Smash info wouldn't be too farfetched, seeing its close release date and Mewtwo's recent reveal.
A dream come true would be a confirmation on The Wonderful 102, but, somehow, I doubt that, unfortunately...

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Hey, I don't know what this means for this whole "Smash 6" thing, but considering there's a Nintendo Direct presentation tomorrow, I think I might keep an eye out for anything special. Maybe "Smash 6'll" have new modes. I'd dig that!
As for the direct, I'm personally hoping for more info on Splatoon, Mario Maker, or Mario Kart 8's DLC/amiibo, but some Smash info wouldn't be too farfetched, seeing its close release date and Mewtwo's recent reveal.
A dream come true would be a confirmation on The Wonderful 102, but, somehow, I doubt that, unfortunately...
Whens the direct tomorrow?

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
If the Smash 6 thing is real, then its going to be an updated version with extra characters like every Capcom fighter ever. As for tomorrows direct, I'm fully expecting at least the DH trailer to be shown, however I would be surprised if more info on Mewtwo or any Smash related thing other than Duck Hunt is revealed tomorrow.

Last edited:

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
God I hope Nintendo releases a Super Smash Bros Complete Edition for the Wii U and the New 3DS. I want Mewtwo on a disk/cart. I would finally sell Melee.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Did anyone watch DSP play SSB4? He didn't understand that you could fall off of the stage...

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm gonna guess "Smash 6" refers to just adding new modes/DLC stages and characters.

They'll probably be supporting Smash for some time, knowing them.
Plus, it's a smart idea. Smash is one of those games that people keep going back to time and time again for the quality multiplayer experience it provides. In a day and age where games can be continually patched, expanded, and improved even after their release, doing that sort of thing for a game people will be playing for a long time anyway will keep players even more invested, and can potentially bring in an impressive revenue.

Personally, I'm very much looking forward to seeing just how they plan to add on to this installment of Smash in the future. The game is already amazing, and the sky's the limit with what they can do with it from here.

Igzex

Did anyone watch DSP play SSB4? He didn't understand that you could fall off of the stage...
'the heck would you watch DSP's anything? He has to be this way on purpose. Like, any publicity is good publicity so he somehow puts effort into not putting effort into what he does and...I can't even explain it. You might as well talk to militant Lucario fans just to frustrate yourself while you're at it.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
'the heck would you watch DSP's anything? He has to be this way on purpose. Like, any publicity is good publicity so he somehow puts effort into not putting effort into what he does and...I can't even explain it. You might as well talk to militant Lucario fans just to frustrate yourself while you're at it.
People put together cut up montages of his failures known as "This is how you DON'T play". They're usually humorously edited and show off some people's comments on his videos. The TIHYDP of Smash 4 was pretty amusing because he claimed to have played Smash before yet couldn't grasp the basic mechanics.

Ugh, the crazed Lucario fans are the worst sometimes. "YOU WILL NEVER GET MEWTWO CUZ LUCARIO IS SO MUCH BETTER AND HE'S ALL WE NEED BTW IM NOT A FURRY I SWEAR"

Igzex

Ok no being a furry is an independent event from the main social issues of a fanboy. Wolf had a nice bod in Brawl but I don't think I responded to someone missing a character with "My guy is your guy's permanent replacement and i will enjoy tasting your every tear from now and through the next 7 years when history will undoubtedly repeat itself!"

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Ok no being a furry is an independent event from the main social issues of a fanboy. Wolf had a nice bod in Brawl but I don't think I responded to someone missing a character with "My guy is your guy's permanent replacement and i will enjoy tasting your every tear from now and through the next 7 years when history will undoubtedly repeat itself!"
I know lol. I was just making a joke towards the common insult toward Lucario calling him "furbait".
http://i.imgur.com/vehVT6h.jpg
Lmao

Igzex

...And to think I might run into some of these pictured Mewtwo supporters in For Fun and they will see my Mewtwo and think I'm their bro when really if I knew what they truly were I'd have my Mewtwo f-tilt their Mewtwo like mine's their pimp. It's a regular Sephiroth vs Kefka that Brawl created isn't it?

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

ENGAGING UNLIMITED HYPE!!
It's happening! Smash 6 is on the way!
I agree with @ Dru2 Dru2 . It's probably a MASSIVE update to Smash 4. I fully expect Wonder-Red and maybe an Inkling along with Mewtwo and several others. The new character possibilities are endless. Wolf and Lucas are a given. Snake and the Ice Climbers are possibilities. Maybe Snake will be 3DS exclusive and the Ice Climbers Wii U exclusive? I'd totally be down with that deal! New stages and possibly items are almost guaranteed! Perhaps this is the Spring 2015 update? I doubt it but it's still a very small chance.
Please excuse my hype. I need to go compose myself somewhere... BRB in a few minutes.
That gif...
Wonderful 101 I Approve GIF.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom