• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fair going through Shield??

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You autocancelled the Fair...they probably go through shields at that height? That's the only thing I can think of

Weird...

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
The shield has a small hitbox(I mean, box of being hit)? I mean, Pit's arrows go through my Ike all the time. Weird.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I think I've got it.

We know that if you cancel your Float whilst performing an aerial, it acts as though you haven't performed the attack and does it again (remember that double nair/bair thing?)

I think that, because Peach moves slightly forward when she uses her Fair, when you cancelled your Float, you moved forward and the hitbox came out and it just misses Falco's sheild. Pause it at 00:12 and you can sees the shine where Peach's Fair hits is very slightly above Falcos sheild

I think that's what it is anyway...can't think of anything else

Niko_K

Smash Master
Maybe there could be a special property on fair, similar to nair/bair, except it gives more knockback? Like the second it hits, let go of your float?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
There is a similar property

Jump up and Float. Perform a Bair and halfway thorugh, let go of your Float. You notice Peachs body move backwards and completely change where she originally was. Do the same for Fair and you get the same results if done correctly (you move forward though).

The 2nd Bair is much weaker than the first and often hits after the first hit. Not sure how Fair works...can't imagine it doing more damage though. If anything, it should do less

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
ZOMG WTF BBQ? I have no idea how to explain this one. The harder I try to rationalize it the more I squirm. I cannot think of why this happened...

Maybe Villi's right that the hitbox would have came after but you already autocancelled it..but. weird.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I recreated this against mario in training mode. Except without his shield. It has to do with Auto-Cancelling. The hitbox disspears right before the autocancel frames. So the fair missed during the first half of the animation and autocancelled the second half.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I think the fair's flash occurs right before the hurtbox appears. You landed on the perfect frames so that the flash occurred but the attack cancelled before the hurtbox impacted.

That's my guess anyway.

Top Bottom