• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Fake Majora's Mask trailer

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
that's the most cheesiest **** I've ever seen. That's my favorite Zelda game next to Wind Waker but come on, do we really need a remake with better graphics? Why do you think OoT and Majora's Mask where timeless classics, because of the charm of their 64-bit graphics made those games great. so did the original but we don't need no freaking remake of it.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I thought it was great.

that's the most cheesiest **** I've ever seen. That's my favorite Zelda game next to Wind Waker but come on, do we really need a remake with better graphics? Why do you think OoT and Majora's Mask where timeless classics, because of the charm of their 64-bit graphics made those games great. so did the original but we don't need no freaking remake of it.
Yeah, that's why Oot 3D was such a flop :rolleyes:

zyth

Smash Lord
i actually think a MM remake would be good. if the graphics were like what was shown in the vid, it would be pretty sweet

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't like how the Mask Salesman was portrayed in that, completely robbed him of his mysterious, instant pose changing style that we know him by.

KittyCat13

Smash Rookie
That's so well made! I wouldn't want the game to be in that style, I'd rather see it in the style of Ocarina of Time 3D, but that would make a wonderful advertisement!

I really hope Nintendo announces Majora's Mask 3D tomorrow at their 3DS meeting.

Ecks

Smash Lord
That's very impressive! It must have taken a lot of time to make.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I never said the trailer was bad, well done kudos to them, but I seriously hate the idea of people demanding a video game movie or a remake, please give me 1 video game movie that's doen WELL in the box office.
Except this isn't about asking for a video game movie but a video game remake that's been done before (OoT 3D) and was immensely successful. OoT 3D wasn't just slapping higher res textures on the game either. The game had additional content the game didn't have before.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't like how the Mask Salesman was portrayed in that, completely robbed him of his mysterious, instant pose changing style that we know him by.
I can agree with this, happy mask salesman is definitely the worst part of it not only with the smoother mannerisms but also the Conan face...Deku Link isn't significantly better, the clock tower is what impressed me the most with this.

The one thing that would make me wary of a MM3D though is that in OoT3D the colors were changed pretty significantly, I don't trust them doing that with MM.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
that's the most cheesiest **** I've ever seen. That's my favorite Zelda game next to Wind Waker but come on, do we really need a remake with better graphics?
Yes.

Especially when Nintendo will never put out a better game again ever. Let's face it, every game will now be A Link to the Past.

Why do you think OoT and Majora's Mask where timeless classics, because of the charm of their 64-bit graphics made those games great. so did the original but we don't need no freaking remake of it.
No, they were classics because of thie exemplary gameplay, art styles (separate), and stories.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Yes.

Especially when Nintendo will never put out a better game again ever. Let's face it, every game will now be A Link to the Past.

No, they were classics because of thie exemplary gameplay, art styles (separate), and stories.
Loved that post.

Also, yeah that trailer was hella cheesy but I'd love a Majora's Mask remake just not with those graphics...

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
It's still enjoyable to watch. Everyone is always goin to love the original game. But if this came out, and was real, I'd play it. ^_^
<3<3

:phone:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I like how some of the haters are posting how they don't like it. Granted, it's their opinion, but they have to remember that it's fan-made. That said, for a fan-made trailer, it definitely looks a crap ton better than I thought it would have. The updated visuals look impressive, so the people behind the trailer knew how to utilize whatever technology they were using, the atmosphere looked right, and the Happy Mask Salesman wasn't bad either. Overall, I'd say it was great and have to give them credit for the work it must've taken to make this.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Another "hater" here saying I'm not that impressed. It just...doesn't look that good to me.

Plus it's one of the least exciting parts of the game. I realize his abilities and time is limited but it's kinda weird to have all this epic music and game trailer stuff when it just keeps showing two characters stand around in the same room over and over.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Another "hater" here saying I'm not that impressed. It just...doesn't look that good to me.

Plus it's one of the least exciting parts of the game. I realize his abilities and time is limited but it's kinda weird to have all this epic music and game trailer stuff when it just keeps showing two characters stand around in the same room over and over.
Maybe. But that's the first part of the game (besides chasing after the Skull Kid) and it's a pretty significant part of the game where the Happy Mask Salesman gives you the rundown. I can't think of a better scene than that one except maybe the part where he meets the Skull Kid for this purpose for a trailer.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Pretty awesome trailer, makes me want to play MM again.

I don't care that much for MM3d I think it would be cool but I honestly don't care when I can play the original MM game for more nostalgia.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Pretty awesome trailer, makes me want to play MM again.

I don't care that much for MM3d I think it would be cool but I honestly don't care when I can play the original MM game for more nostalgia.
but the possibility of new content doesn't get you hot and bothered?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Maybe. But that's the first part of the game (besides chasing after the Skull Kid) and it's a pretty significant part of the game where the Happy Mask Salesman gives you the rundown. I can't think of a better scene than that one except maybe the part where he meets the Skull Kid for this purpose for a trailer.
True. What I was thinking was more like a handful of different scenes or even just images. There are many more striking and memorable images from the game than that first room with the Salesman. I would say the image of the moon is far more iconic and important than first meeting the Salesman.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
What about Majora? I would have liked seeing that instead.

That being said, yeah, obviously it looks nice.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
To my knowledge, OoT 3D didn't exactly add much in the way of new content either, outside of a boss rush mode and a mirrored Master Quest (which was technically its own game anyway). I wouldn't imagine they'd actually "add" anything to Majora's Mask, and honestly, that's pretty fine with me. If they do add - say - a new dungeon or boss, etc., then that's cool, but as the saying goes, "if it's not broke, don't fix it".
True. What I was thinking was more like a handful of different scenes or even just images. There are many more striking and memorable images from the game than that first room with the Salesman. I would say the image of the moon is far more iconic and important than first meeting the Salesman.
I do admit, I agree that adding the image of the moon wold have made a much larger impact than the simple meeting of the Mask Salesman. The thing that impresses me was the updated visuals. Sure, it could have been more memorable, but as it stands now, it's rather impressive, and far better than what I could do with Paint and Photoshop.

inb4 saying Paint/Photoshop is a [obvious] stupid comparison.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I will admit that the atmosphere was a little off and its overall style felt more like a Tim Burton movie than MM, but hey considering it was fan made I have to give props.

And yeah, it isn't Crysis, but it looks a **** ton better than any Zelda game we've seen (save for that tech demo at E3 last year), so I don't see why people are so scathing about the graphics.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I think it's kinda ugly. I think Wind Waker looks better than this. The characters look like they're made out of plastic. It might have more polygons than any Zelda game but that doesn't make it prettier.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I think it's kinda ugly. I think Wind Waker looks better than this. The characters look like they're made out of plastic. It might have more polygons than any Zelda game but that doesn't make it prettier.
Other than the Deku Scrub, I wouldn't agree.

And I second what Teran said. I found it a bit reminiscent of Tim Burton's stuff. I guess that's what LT is referring to. It looks kind of clay-ish.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, I said the graphics, not art direction. The art itself looks like your typical stop motion clay faces or something.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I posted an answer to this a while ago, but it didn't go through but what I said was basically this:

OOT3d didn't add much content as it is. We got sheikah stone and boss rush and that was really it. I did enjoy the game a lot though.

WHile a MM3d remake would be cool, I don't really see it being much worth it. Also, 3ds has plenty of remakes right now I think.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's why it should be remade on Wii U.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'd prefer a brand new Zelda first on the Wii U, people would ***** about getting another port for it. That and the fact Miyamoto likes the idea of doing something similar to A Link to the Past or something for the Wii U, which would be fun playing on the little Gamepad.

Majora's Mask should definitely come back though at some point, if Ocarina deserves that, Majora's does as well.

Top Bottom