• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco can Dair spike ganon when he is beeing released from ganons up b

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
When falco has more than 90% damage, falco can Dair spike ganon immediatly when he gets released from ganons up b.

Ganons up b's hitstun/knockback turns weird after ganons opponent (falco in this situation) has 90% damage or more.

This way falco can sweetspot Dair (Dair spike) ganon out of his up B.

Possible situation:

Dthrow>regrab>Dthrow>regrab>Dthrow>Dair spike>drop down and let yourself get grabbed by ganon's up b (when you, the falco, have more than 90% damage or more)>Dair immediatly after one gets released from his up b.

This will KO ganon without a doubt.

This means when you have 90% damage or more (are a stock ahead), you can CG>Dair spike ganon without him beeing able to return. (if this wasn't already the case anyway).

Note: The ganon board knows of this 'feature' of ganons up b, but you guys may not know this due to probably not knowing these kind of things about ganon. (as you probably dont main him).

I will probably upload a video soon, showing the CG>Dair spike>get grabbed by ganons up b>dair spike immediatly.

I like to call this: the 'backfire Dair'. :p

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
Poor Ganon. He is a secondary of mine. Ganon players have known about this for a long time but I guess now the secret's out. ;_;

Denzi

Smash Master
AWWWWWWW SNAP!

Seriously, that's the first thing that came to mind after reading the title.

Too good, thanks for telling us.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Ganon fails...
I bet the ganon boards are very happy knowing this

^____________________________^

But seriously though,I kinda feel bad for ganondork.
this makes his pretty bad recover worse.

:094:

KevKK

Smash Rookie
oh fark, now when i play my ganon against my falco maining friend, i'm screwed since he probably read this by now. Thanks for telling the whole internet ):<

but yea, this is something that most ganondork mains try to avoid unless necessary sicne his up b has many flaws like the kb and the way ganon actually jumps, like on fd, unless youre facing to the outside of the stage, youre screwed in the jump since the twirl will cause ganon to go under FD instead of going on the ledge....

so just a bit of knowledge from a person who plays ganondork ;]

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
What about Falcon?
Falcon's up b has too much hitstun/knockback. And it does not have the weird 'feature' ganons up b has when the one beeing grabbed by ganons up b has 90% damage or more.

So this cannot, and will not work on falcon due to the reasons I provided above.

faceholerope

Smash Cadet
most likely not. you'll have upward momentum when you're released from the attack so you shouldn't fastfall if you do it immediately after the hit.

faceholerope

Smash Cadet
true, but it doesn't mean that a ganon player should be underestimated. it's a huge weakness but a good player can compensate enough to turn the match against you if you get overconfident and start making stupid mistakes

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Ultimate recover fail.

Too good. This works with a number of characters aerials.

Ganon gets screwed time, and time again.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Ganon fails...
I bet the ganon boards are very happy knowing this

^____________________________^

But seriously though,I kinda feel bad for ganondork.
this makes his God Awful recover unusable, and if he ever, ever gets knock off the edge he should probably just Down B into oblivion to save himself some trouble

:094:
Important changes in bold

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Ahah, poor ganondorf...
So now both my mains (the falcons) have a free aerial on him after dark dive above 90%..
Thanks, Knee =P

Kiyuzoh

Smash Cadet
Things just got very sad for the Dorf, but it's true: no Ganon main would ever use him against Falco- that's just suicide, even without the backfire aerials. I second him, but I would just go Luigi against Falco, even though I'm not very good with Falco's matchups.

Cheapless Jared

Smash Apprentice
Things just got very sad for the Dorf, but it's true: no Ganon main would ever use him against Falco- that's just suicide, even without the backfire aerials. I second him, but I would just go Luigi against Falco, even though I'm not very good with Falco's matchups.

im bad with captain falcon. BUT now i have new material.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
this is very easily avoided by reaching the ledge only at the point of the up+b when ganon's fist spins upwards (so that the opponent, or in this specific case falco, cannot be grabbed by ganon's electrocuting-**** thing he does). do you honestly think that ganon mains would not try and come up with a way to get around this disadvantage? and by the way, all characters can immediately attack after ganon's up+b releases them, not just falco.

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Nice..none of my friends play Gannondorf but this is still fun to do to people on Wifi n00bs:laugh:

Denzi

Smash Master
and by the way, all characters can immediately attack after ganon's up+b releases them, not just falco.
We know (I think it was even mentioned in the OP), but not many are as decimating as a spike. I don't think any other characters have a hitbox that comes out fast enough/in the right place to spike.

We know (I think it was even mentioned in the OP), but not many are as decimating as a spike. I don't think any other characters have a hitbox that comes out fast enough/in the right place to spike.
I think marth might have something as good as that. Marth's Dair comes out on frame 6 versus falco's frame 5 Dair. Only difference is might be location needed in order to get the spike. Marth has to be further from ganon to get the tip than falco would have to be, but it could be possible to time that. Or if not marth can still feed ganon a fair to get rid of him :laugh:

There might be fox's semi-spike with the shine.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Falco - Ganondorf has just gone from 80-20 to 90-10 LOL... Poor little Ganon, he's the king of evil, but the punching bag of Super Smash.

Xalmind

Smash Rookie
We don't really need to do this since Falco already destroys Ganon, but it can't hurt.

Top Bottom