• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Chain Grab List

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
@marcbri and scoot

false lol, i've tried every single timing on olimar with walking and dash grabs and the olimar can di out, i forget the method of DI
get the timing down, as I said, it's different than most chaingrabs, at first I couldn't do it either, but having to face Olimar in tourney really often, I hardly ever miss it anymore.

Choice

Smash Champion
is the timing delayed? is it sooner than it appears? i keep reading that its different but nothing else describing it.

PurpleTop

Smash Cadet
IDK why, but I always have a major problem chain grabbing luigi... I feel like his fall must be funny, but maybe it is just me.

Actually, i have the same feeling with lucario as well...

Choice

Smash Champion
faster, ok. thanks marc. i'll get sleeh eventually >.<

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
MK: 0-43 (6 grabs) NORMAL
Snake: 0-53 (8 grabs) NORMAL
Falco: 0-43 (6 grabs) NORMAL
Diddy: 0-43 (6 grabs) NORMAL
Wario: 0-48 (7 grabs) NORMAL
Olimar 0-48 (7 grabs) ???
Luigi: 0-48 (7 grabs)
Marth: 0-43 (6 grabs) Dash grab first 4 grabs; then boost grab last 2
G&W: 0-37 (5 grabs) WALKING
Lucario: 0-25 (3 grabs) WALKING
Kirby: 0-31 (4 grabs)

So is this right? Also, I hear a lot of theories about Olimar chaingrabbing. Can someone solidify the proper way to CG him?

Also, what about follow up options that maximizes damage if a ledge isn't available for the spike. What are some good follow ups?

clowsui

Smash Legend
marcbri i want evidence you're not using a dash grab lol, larry was doing boost grabs to brood and there's no way he'd do it without needing so

pulse131

Smash Ace
well for follow ups its the same for olimar as everyone else rly.
i like to dair, jab, gattling. stuff like that works. its just one of those things you go practice to see what you get. maybe working with only doing some of the grabs because those situations do come up where you cant get all the grabs off then you just wanna do as much as you can. in some situations the follow up combos can do more then the cg.
another good one on some characters is to wait for them to get in front of you a little right after the last grab and do one jab>laser lock. works well on wolf :)

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
marcbri i want evidence you're not using a dash grab lol, larry was doing boost grabs to brood and there's no way he'd do it without needing so
I wasn't doing boost grabs to brood

swordsaint

Smash Master
then explain to me dehfs percentages vlade

it goes to 43 from 0

stop being silly. really now.

ok - i know whats happened. You can get one more grab on mk larry.

your list is accurate, but i think you made it a little inconsistently because some percents have 1 grab missing so you can spike them, while others have the full chaingrab percent to the point where they start getting normal DIable knockback.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri

Any matches between me and greward will do, I usually chaingrab him walking to avoid tripping. I don't think I have one where I do 7 grabs ( actually Ididn't knew exactly the ammount of grabs I can do from 0%, I just grab him at low % and I kinda know when I'll be able to do another one or not or if I'll be able to spike or not) , I usually spike him earlier, putting him at 40% with the dair. but until then the chaingrab is 100% true. if there can be one more grab instead of a spike, probably you can do it, but spiking is better anyways xD.

@Omni: If you can't dair them, the follow ups that work most of the times after ending a cg are jab and dash attack. you can follow it up with almost everything you have though, but those work vs most DIs and all the other moves are more situational. also I see people doing usmash, but I don't want to stale it.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
then explain to me dehfs percentages vlade

it goes to 43 from 0

stop being silly. really now.

ok - i know whats happened. You can get one more grab on mk larry.

your list is accurate, but i think you made it a little inconsistently because some percents have 1 grab missing so you can spike them, while others have the full chaingrab percent to the point where they start getting normal DIable knockback.
What do you mean? They all should have the most dthrows possible so that you can get a dair afterwards.

swordsaint

Smash Master
ok i know whats up.

i made the same mistake with vlade

basically, when you say '43' or '53' I think that instead of dairing as soon as they're on those percents, i read it as, 43/53 > regrab > dthrow dair. silly mistake on my part

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
So against Olimar you can walking grab him until what % before you have to start the boost grabbing?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I think this just needs to be completed with a full video of the chaingrab on all characters, showing the exact timing for each, etc.

Let's ask the japanese to do that. xDDD

(japanese frame stuff demonstrations ftw)

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
It would be great if someone made a video of that. I'm way too lazy to do that though lol

Choice

Smash Champion
i'd be down to do it since it'd force me to learn my cg's correct. i'm hella lazy sometimes though when it comes to these types of things also i'd need someone to send the videos to.

Choice

Smash Champion
the OP shows the max amount using grabs, dash grabs and boost grabs. so 3.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I've had this particular (the one listed on the board) chain grab done to me

its ****ing gay not being able to DS out because we could for so long.............

timings strict though so don't mess it up

but we have the 10 dthrow Fsmash tipper on you so it evens out

the only problem is though that marths moves do to much damage. If we hit you with anything like once we can't CG you :(

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Learning to use Boost Grabbing could work to our favor in some situations where a normal grab could work but the timing is much stricter.

Choice

Smash Champion
yea, boost grabs can ensure spiking characters off stage.

Choice

Smash Champion
depends how far you can walk the character as well. i think irregardless boost grabs should get you the most distance if what you're looking for is getting to the edge then thats the way to go.

Top Bottom